Why would any all powerful god need to be worshipped?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

It seems very needy.
Suckatash

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
It seems very needy.
This all powerful god is insecure and needs an ego boost??? I had a big bully in grade school that had the same problem..
Texas TJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

All the best religions have a God that needs to be worshiped. You have a dry spell and some fool sets a goat on fire, then is just happens to rain the next day. New god

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
It seems very needy.
Man is made in God's image and likeness. Does it matter whether He needs or desires to be worshiped? The Bible shows that His people worship Him, and are blessed for doing so.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

"I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Big Al wrote:
"I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time." - Friedrich Nietzsche
So you worship "Friedrich Nietzsche".

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why not? Let's worship old Fredrich, at least we know for certain that he existed. All hail Friedrich. Would you like to lead the prayers dollarsbill?
Not Murphy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Because I told you to!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why not? Let's worship old Fredrich, at least we know for certain that he existed. All hail Friedrich. Would you like to lead the prayers dollarsbill?
Ok, but he can't save you from the eternal Hell fire.
Number6

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
What logic process allows you to equate quoting someone with worshiping someone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Number6 wrote:
<quoted text>
What logic process allows you to equate quoting someone with worshiping someone.
What does eternal Hell fire have to do with 'logic'? Nothing.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
It seems very needy.
God does not need to be worshipped, but He alone is worthy of it. He knows that when we worship Him, our eyes are focused on all that is beautiful and worthy - a very healthy thing for us.

Hope that helps.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

God doesn't need us for anything. He created the whole universe and everything therein. All things were created by Him. We are the ones that need God.

God could have left us all die in our sins and be sent to Hell. Instead He provided a way through Christ Jesus that by His sinless shed BLOOD, we may be accounted righteous before a Holy God. We can't earn our salvation through good works, but it is a free gift by believing and trusting in the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.(Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5)

Jesus did what we couldn't do, He lived a perfect sinless life and offered up that life to make atonement for our sin.(1 Peter 1:18-19, Colossians 1:14)
----------
John 8:24- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 10:9- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Yes. As all powerful beings go, it seems pathetically needy.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter whether He needs or desires to be worshiped?
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Not really.
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not need to be worshipped, but He alone is worthy of it. He knows that when we worship Him, our eyes are focused on all that is beautiful and worthy - a very healthy thing for us.
Hope that helps.

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
God doesn't need us for anything. He created the whole universe and everything therein. All things were created by Him. We are the ones that need God.
God could have left us all die in our sins and be sent to Hell. Instead He provided a way through Christ Jesus that by His sinless shed BLOOD, we may be accounted righteous before a Holy God. We can't earn our salvation through good works, but it is a free gift by believing and trusting in the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.(Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5)
Jesus did what we couldn't do, He lived a perfect sinless life and offered up that life to make atonement for our sin.(1 Peter 1:18-19, Colossians 1:14)
----------
John 8:24- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.
Romans 10:9- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
LOL God, who is supposed to know everything even the future,creates a flawed system with flawed humans of whom he feels deserve to be punished in eternal fire for his mistake.
So instead of just admitting that it was all his fault and then correcting his mistakes he makes up a horrid rule that for humans to be forgiven for being humans they must kill something,first animals and humans and then god come to earth as his own son and sacrifices himself to himself. After that he flies away to heaven and life on earth remains as carnal as ever with one species feeding off other species.
Sounds pretty crazy to me and nothing that any being of intellect would do.

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope that helps.
Then why does he want to cruelly punish people in fire for not worshiping him? He sounds like an extremely jealous and needy mfer to me.Like a cosmic drama king.

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that he wanted to be worshiped.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

All you need to know - www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

There is a 3rd way.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The King James Bible Still Remains 31 min Shiachah 13
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 57 min River Tam 77,437
Mormons are cool 1 hr Thinking 43
++++++++ MESSAGE to CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++++++ 1 hr janeebee 111
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 2 hr Mr Ironhart 5,879
Did Jesus die on Good Friday??? Nope 2 hr no-one-special 17
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 3 hr Brother Lee Love 1,194
•••
•••