|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

Christianity

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Yeah......that makes sense.

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

LOL.....I see the fundie wackos are out in full force judging posts with their little icons, yet they really don't even try to respond in their own words, do they? When the absurdity of christian beliefs is laid out so plainly, christian loons really have nothing to say. They must be embarrassed by their idiotic belief system since they don't bother to defend it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
LOL.....I see the fundie wackos are out in full force judging posts with their little icons, yet they really don't even try to respond in their own words, do they? When the absurdity of christian beliefs is laid out so plainly, christian loons really have nothing to say. They must be embarrassed by their idiotic belief system since they don't bother to defend it.
Hi, Noam:

I do believe in most of the things you posted about Christianity.

However, I am certain that you and I probably would agree on many other topics.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Noam:
I do believe in most of the things you posted about Christianity.
However, I am certain that you and I probably would agree on many other topics.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Just curious, because you seem like an otherwise intelligent and rational person, but why would you ever believe in such loony nonsense? I don't mean to call you crazy, but I just can't understand why someone with the ability to reason would believe in a talking snake and virgin births and all the other nonsense. I can understand why tools like Wayne or Turdy would believe it, since they're easily-led sheep who don't possess the ability to think critically, but why do people like YOU believe?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, because you seem like an otherwise intelligent and rational person, but why would you ever believe in such loony nonsense? I don't mean to call you crazy, but I just can't understand why someone with the ability to reason would believe in a talking snake and virgin births and all the other nonsense. I can understand why tools like Wayne or Turdy would believe it, since they're easily-led sheep who don't possess the ability to think critically, but why do people like YOU believe?
Because, for me, the belief in a Creator answers my question of where did life itself come from.

For me, if life were found to be on other planets somewhere in our universe, I would not be surprised, because I have always thought this possible. But, the question of mine would still be, where did life come from?

I know I have read the scientific explanations of how this is possible.

Yet, these answers do not satisfy me and fully answer my question for the origins of life itself.

For all I know, God may have started life rolling in our universe and be off somewhere still creating other universes and allowing life to flourish there too.

So, a Creator who created the first spark of life is IMO the best answer for me.

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Because, for me, the belief in a Creator answers my question of where did life itself come from.
For me, if life were found to be on other planets somewhere in our universe, I would not be surprised, because I have always thought this possible. But, the question of mine would still be, where did life come from?
I know I have read the scientific explanations of how this is possible.
Yet, these answers do not satisfy me and fully answer my question for the origins of life itself.
For all I know, God may have started life rolling in our universe and be off somewhere still creating other universes and allowing life to flourish there too.
So, a Creator who created the first spark of life is IMO the best answer for me.
Belief in a "god" is one thing, belief in a Jewish zombie who wants you to symbolically eat his flesh is something else entirely.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

"Christianity: yeah.........that makes sense"

It sure does pal. It sure does!!!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in a "god" is one thing, belief in a Jewish zombie who wants you to symbolically eat his flesh is something else entirely.
Guess that all depends on one's viewpoint, Noam.

For myself, I have no problem accepting this as part of my beliefs.

:-)
Jesus Is

Ryde, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
Christianity
The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
IT MAKES MORE SENSE THAN BELIEVING IN A HUGE ACCIDENT!!!!!!!

Perhaps our creator chose to reveal Himself through a Jew to test mankind! Perhaps He knew that that Jewsish people would be persecuted throughout history.

The belief that a talking snake and a magical tree is fiction is a manmade opinion.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
And by saying this, you confirm you just dont get Christianity at all, in any fashion. Perhaps you should have actually tried to understand it. They may have helped.
Ian

East Barnet, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

So in your world, not believing one strange thing (e.g. celestial teapots) allows you to believe another more easily (e.g. an invisible pink unicorn).
Jesus Is wrote:
<quoted text>

“Don't Blame Me . . .”

Since: Mar 07

Rockledge, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Most utterings by Jesus' were written using symbolism and this was pure genius on God's part.

1.) First it eliminated the scoffers because it was foolishness to them.

2.) It escaped the clutches of agenda-driven translators because they didn't know what to mistranslate.

3.) Milk Christians now had parables in interesting story-form

4.) Meat Christians were able to solve the puzzle.

What it comes down to is that the 1st set of prophecies were fulfilled to the letter. This gives us the faith to await the next set.

Scoffers, like yu presently - simply leave the room
2.) Mistranslators -
Nephilim

Altadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
Christianity
Lol, you are one pathetic soul. This is the best you have to offer in life?

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

Noam doesn't understand it therefore it cannot be.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

Mr_ X wrote:
yeah they are all nuts .the whole time i was made to go to church i knew it was bull s h i t,any one with half a brain knows this lol what a bunch of weak minded losers!let us pray now fu c k you.
So now you are , presumably, an adult who can choose his own company. And where do you head to in your spare time? The Christian forums.

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

ButchHowdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most utterings by Jesus' were written using symbolism and this was pure genius on God's part.
1.) First it eliminated the scoffers because it was foolishness to them.
2.) It escaped the clutches of agenda-driven translators because they didn't know what to mistranslate.
3.) Milk Christians now had parables in interesting story-form
4.) Meat Christians were able to solve the puzzle.
What it comes down to is that the 1st set of prophecies were fulfilled to the letter. This gives us the faith to await the next set.
Scoffers, like yu presently - simply leave the room
2.) Mistranslators -
Well, what it really comes down to is you guys just make this crap up as you go along. You can have ten different christians and get ten different interpretations of the same thing, from people who believe this nonsense literally to those who think it's symbolism. At some point you have to sit back and realize "wow, all this shit is completely just made up."

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

Nephilim wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, you are one pathetic soul. This is the best you have to offer in life?
And stalking people on internet forums 24 hours a day for the sole purpose of insulting them and typing juvenile one-liners is the best you have to offer the world?

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

angelinaUK wrote:
Noam doesn't understand it therefore it cannot be.
No, I understand it perfectly. I understand that you guys have the reasoning ability of a toddler and will believe anything you're told by your preacher, no matter how absurd and unrealistic it is.
Nephilim

Altadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
And stalking people on internet forums 24 hours a day for the sole purpose of insulting them and typing juvenile one-liners is the best you have to offer the world?
You have defined yourself perfectly. Why do you continue?

Anytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

Jesus Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps our creator chose to reveal Himself through a Jew to test mankind! Perhaps He knew that that Jewsish people would be persecuted throughout history.
The belief that a talking snake and a magical tree is fiction is a manmade opinion.
It actually doesn't make more sense than believing in the big bang theory, since it is an accepted scientific theory and testing has shown that such an event could have been possible. And why do you pick and choose which parts of the bible you believe literally? Most christians will say ALL of this crap is true since it's supposed to be the "word of god". So according to most christians, saying parts of the bible are manmade would mean you're calling your "god" a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 105
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••