Christians, please explain this to me...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#2359 Mar 26, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA is speculation? Oh do tell.
Oh no, please 'do tell'... what does DNA prove?

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#2360 Mar 26, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, please 'do tell'... what does DNA prove?
You are the one objecting to it. I am not holding your hand. Explain why it is not evidence.

http://www.TalkOrigins.org

However. All of this is irreverent as my fist post has not been addressed.
But, seeing as you are all about arguing against sciences that do not exist. It is doubtful you will read anything from an accredited scientific source.

Know what this is like? You hearing from someone that I have red shoes, you believe them despite me telling you I do not have red shoes and you refuse to look at my shoes for yourself.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#2361 Mar 26, 2014
Nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Errrr....logical is narrow minded.
WTFalse!
Narrow-mindedness is ILLOGICAL - it is prejudiced, biased, intolerant, opinionated, uninformed. unreasonable, irrational, incomplete, and unreceptive to new ideas and information!
Whereas logical thinking is coherent, comprehensive, reasoned, rational, relevant, discerning, and critically analytical.

“Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.”– Francis Bacon (1605)

There's a HUGE difference between the logical and the narrow-minded! You can observe it on any given day in these threads.
Wherein people who can neither understand nor refute a logical thinker's comments, post replies full of bad grammar and moronic thought processes ridiculing them!
Webster

Nettie, WV

#2362 Mar 27, 2014
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
WTFalse!
Narrow-mindedness is ILLOGICAL - it is prejudiced, biased, intolerant, opinionated, uninformed. unreasonable, irrational, incomplete, and unreceptive to new ideas and information!
Whereas logical thinking is coherent, comprehensive, reasoned, rational, relevant, discerning, and critically analytical.
“Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.”– Francis Bacon (1605)
There's a HUGE difference between the logical and the narrow-minded! You can observe it on any given day in these threads.
Wherein people who can neither understand nor refute a logical thinker's comments, post replies full of bad grammar and moronic thought processes ridiculing them!
leave me alone
Nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#2363 Mar 27, 2014
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
WTFalse!
Good morning.
Logic is narrow minded. It's vision is limited to specific parameters. When you approach a subject with preset expectations on defining it you are not thinking outside the box. Bacon was poetic and haughty.

Location hidden

#2364 Mar 27, 2014
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
WTFalse!
Translation:

I worked ALL night on this post. Look how smart I am everybody. Recognize it! Please for the love of God recognize it! I want my credibility back!

“Yes we can. Change is good.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2365 Mar 27, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
While dogs are believed to have come from wolves, wolves and coyotes are not typically called canines, only dogs are.
canine
adjective
1. of or like a dog; pertaining to or characteristic of dogs: canine loyalty.
2. Anatomy, Zoology . of or pertaining to the four pointed teeth, especially prominent in dogs, situated one on each side of each jaw, next to the incisors.
noun
3. a canid.
4. a dog.
5. a canine tooth; cuspid.
Even when presented with proof, SeenNothing continues to lie.

"The coyote (US /ka&#618;&#712;o&# 650;ti&#720;/ or /&#712;ka&#618;.o& #650;t/, UK /k&#596;&#618;&#71 2;jo&#650;te&#618;/, or /k&#596;&#618;&#71 2;jo&#650;t/;[2] Canis latrans), also known as the American jackal, brush wolf, or the prairie wolf, is a species of canine found throughout North and Central America,"

“Yes we can. Change is good.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2366 Mar 27, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
And to those reading these posts, this poster claims to be a Christian.
Would a real Christian be so hateful and lie like that?
Poor widdle Seen, can't take a little teasing. The was no hate, why SeenASStravel constantly lie like a canine?

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#2367 Mar 27, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
But in the end, we are 'still' humans, right? We can even mix race(s) and still end up with the basic specie, human...
Keep getting that pulpit science

We share a common ancestor with apes. Go visit a museum.
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are defining is microevolution (which is not disputed)
You still riding that pony?
Huh

Sussex, WI

#2368 Mar 27, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
We share a common ancestor with apes. Go visit a museum.
<quoted text>
You still riding that pony?
Apparently you have have way too much fsm without a trace of awesome.
Cisco Kid

United States

#2369 Mar 27, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>

We share a common ancestor with apes.....
That be Yo Mamma, not mine.

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#2370 Mar 27, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
That be Yo Mamma, not mine.
Ah "yo momma jokes"... the sign of any intelligent person.

As much as you would like to believe that you are the end result of 8 people conducting incest, sadly for you, it is scientifically unfounded and a little disturbing to be honest.

“It's not a Joke~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2371 Mar 27, 2014
Webster wrote:
<quoted text>leave me alone
Hello, Webster! How did you escape the clutches of Jane?

I think you will like it here....and, I will do everything in my power to keep you from going back into captivity.

:)
Huh

Sussex, WI

#2372 Mar 27, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah "yo momma jokes"... the sign of any intelligent person.
As much as you would like to believe that you are the end result of 8 people conducting incest, sadly for you, it is scientifically unfounded and a little disturbing to be honest.
Unfounded? Yet you believe you came from an ape. Huh

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#2373 Mar 27, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfounded? Yet you believe you came from an ape. Huh
I "believe it" because the evidence supports it. The evidence does not, in any way, support mass incest after a boat ride.

It just must be magic! It must be huh?
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#2374 Mar 27, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor am I saying I can prove god does not exist. I just that there is no proof, so logically, there is no reason to believe.
<quoted text>
Do you know how we see other worlds? How they are detected? Are you claiming a planet forms and then a star forms next to it? Do you know how gravity works? Physics?
Any planet formed is formed from the nebular cloud surrounding its parent star. The process takes hundreds of thousand to millions of years for planets to start to form. So there is no human that can witness "start to finish" any planet being made... because it does not happen in 6 days (like the bible claims). We do not live nearly the time required to witness a "start to finish" of a solar formation event.
Fortunately for us, there is a lot of stars... billions upon billions of stars. So what we can witness, is the different life cycles of the formation up to and including the explosion (Super nova/hyper-nova/red giants/white dwarfs etc).
http://www.nrao.edu/index.php/learnsciencesta...
http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/COMPLETE/learn/sta...
http://www.astro.ethz.ch/meyer
More and more... just "google" star and planet formation.
<quoted text>
Um, I back them up with science, and have included scientific site links for further reading.
<quoted text>
Vantage point... does that mean anything to you? And it was discovered that the sun does not revolve around the Earth by observation. However, the church decided to throw the guy in prison who first discovered it.
<quoted text>
Oh... so saying the "bible says" makes it all better huh?
And if I say "science says" I also can show why it says it. Unless it is a topic I am really unfamiliar with, like zoology.
You are trying to squirm out of the fact that you asserted things which although challenged have not supported your assertions with anything. I didn't try to convince you G-d exists, It doesn't matter to me if you believe or not. What I do care about is someone coming into a Christian forum making "scientific" assertions and then not being able to back it up with facts that lead to a solid conclusion.
I never claimed a planet formed and then a star formed. I told you that the word in the bible can mean "appointed". In context that means it became the sign for times and seasons on the 4th day. Either you are not understanding what I have written or you are confusing me with someone else.
In you description of star/planet formation, you have not shown an actual witness to this event. What you have proffered as proof is a guess based upon observation.
http://www.nrao.edu/index.php/learnsciencesta... is just a theory as stated in the article. Theories are not facts or laws, they are untested guesses. Once they are observed and or tested they become more solid. If it can be shown to happen every time we can then say it is fact.
I also believe (meaning I'm not positive) that the sun rotates opposite of the revolutions of the planets. How did this occur? If all the material is swirling in one direction how do you explain that the sun changes direction relative to the planets?
You say you can show if "science says" but where have you ever shown anything. You merely assert or copy what someone else has said. How is this any different from me saying "it says in the Bible"?
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#2375 Mar 27, 2014
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>You're right.“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.” Carl Sagan.
I wondered what happened to him.

Location hidden

#2376 Mar 27, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
I "believe it" because the evidence supports it.
No it doesnt!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#2377 Mar 27, 2014
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it did.... Not the only thing you deny.
Re: Noah's Flood

Hi Laci, I just got back from confession and I though I should mention that I occasionally tell you and your friends you're dumber than rocks and he didn't quite agree but did say neither atheists nor Christians actually believe that stuff and I should pray for you so that's what I'll do.

“It's not a Joke~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2378 Mar 27, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: Noah's Flood
Hi Laci, I just got back from confession and I though I should mention that I occasionally tell you and your friends you're dumber than rocks and he didn't quite agree but did say neither atheists nor Christians actually believe that stuff and I should pray for you so that's what I'll do.
God does not hear a sinners prayer...only a repenting sinner.

.....and in case you forgot, I don't believe anything you or your priest says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 21 min Bible believer 102
failed prophecies 55 min little scam lamb 658
Early Christianity 5 hr Big Al 1,306
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 9 hr DrSCIENCE 1,360
Forum has gone to the dogs 9 hr DrSCIENCE 77
Turns Out 11 hr DrSCIENCE 192
IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS Gospel 11 hr DrSCIENCE 868
More from around the web