Christians, please explain this to me...

Christians, please explain this to me...

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 152
Next Last

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#1 Feb 6, 2014
1. Why does the bible say that god created lite before he created the Sun and stars? As we know that the only light sources in the universe comes from stars or remnants of.

2. Why does it also state that vegetation was created before the Sun and stars however, we know that vegetation requires sunlight to live.(By means of photosynthesis.)

We know for a fact that this is the way things work. to deny it is to deny common sense. So why do you believe this and what proof besides the bible says that any such thing is possible when nothing points to it even remotely being possible?
HOPE

Ona, WV

#2 Feb 6, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
1. Why does the bible say that god created lite before he created the Sun and stars? As we know that the only light sources in the universe comes from stars or remnants of.
2. Why does it also state that vegetation was created before the Sun and stars however, we know that vegetation requires sunlight to live.(By means of photosynthesis.)
We know for a fact that this is the way things work. to deny it is to deny common sense. So why do you believe this and what proof besides the bible says that any such thing is possible when nothing points to it even remotely being possible?
Read Genesis and you will find God's divine way He created everything. How do you know that when darkness was upon the deep, the Universe wasn't already in existence.....Since He is the Beginning and the End of everything, the Alpha and Omega, He has full POWER OVER THE WHOLE UNIVERSE. I don't question how He came into being.....I just believe He is who He says He is....The Great I AM....In FACT! His very Words are "I AM, THAT I AM" You neither do I know how vast God's Universe is and how far it extends into space......Even Scientist have discovered there is possibly many other Universes beyond what our most Powerful Telescopes on earth have discover.......God is God and I don't question Him, I just Believe in Him and His Holy Word.....
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#3 Feb 6, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
1. Why does the bible say that god created lite before he created the Sun and stars? As we know that the only light sources in the universe comes from stars or remnants of.

2. Why does it also state that vegetation was created before the Sun and stars however, we know that vegetation requires sunlight to live.(By means of photosynthesis.)

We know for a fact that this is the way things work. to deny it is to deny common sense. So why do you believe this and what proof besides the bible says that any such thing is possible when nothing points to it even remotely being possible?
Do you realize how you've contradicted yourself?

In statement 1. you acknowledge God created light before creating the sun.

In statement 2. you incorrectly cited the need of sunlight for plants to live.

Don't you understand that the light required for photosynthesis does not require a 'sun' if there is another source of powerful light?

"He was in the beginning with God.

All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing came to be.
What came to be
through him was life,
and this life was the light of the human race;

the light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not overcome it."
John 1

We know for a fact that this is the way things work.
To deny it is to deny common sense.
So why do you believe this and what proof do you have that any such thing is necessary when nothing points to it even remotely being impossible?

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#5 Feb 7, 2014
HOPE wrote:
<quoted text> Read Genesis and you will find God's divine way He created everything. How do you know that when darkness was upon the deep, the Universe wasn't already in existence.....Since He is the Beginning and the End of everything, the Alpha and Omega, He has full POWER OVER THE WHOLE UNIVERSE. I don't question how He came into being.....I just believe He is who He says He is....The Great I AM....In FACT! His very Words are "I AM, THAT I AM" You neither do I know how vast God's Universe is and how far it extends into space......Even Scientist have discovered there is possibly many other Universes beyond what our most Powerful Telescopes on earth have discover.......God is God and I don't question Him, I just Believe in Him and His Holy Word.....
Yes, I understand that you believe in god, however, that is not a rational answer for the questions I posted.

Also, you are overriding the very essence of logic by dismissing how we KNOW things to be and in place of logic you are using "magic" to explain away this huge issue with how we know the universe works.
HOPE

Ona, WV

#7 Feb 7, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand that you believe in god, however, that is not a rational answer for the questions I posted.
Also, you are overriding the very essence of logic by dismissing how we KNOW things to be and in place of logic you are using "magic" to explain away this huge issue with how we know the universe works.
Since Science is still searching for answers to the ORIGIN of THE UNIVERSE and admit they cannot determine the age of the earth.....You or I neither one know for sure the possibility of the Planets and Stars inside a vast stretch of the Universe and even including beyond the Universe lie the Possibility of many more Universes that have probably been in existence long before the beginning of time as we know. Since GOD is all Knowingly and His Many Mysteries are kept from us for reasons that only we will know when we meet with Him in Heaven, then all will be revealed.....I didn't avoid your questions. I am giving you my point of view and belief.....GOD and His POWER is not to be considered MAGIC at all, His POWER should be considered SUPERNATURAL POWER because HE in Himself I think is and has always been a GREAT POWER SOURCE and can take on any FORM HE WISHES TO TAKE......Our thoughts are not His.....One must believe in Him and accept Him for who He is.......Only those that make it to Heaven will Know Him......GENESIS gives complete explanation of God's greatness as the Creator of Everything, then and now and for ever. Only HE holds all the answers....~~~HOPE~~~
HOPE

Ona, WV

#8 Feb 7, 2014
I don't always depend on man for answers about God. I Read and search the Bible for answers. The BIBLE holds the TRUTH about My GOD and His SON, JESUS......"THE PURPOSE OF ALL MANKIND'S EXISTENCE"

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#10 Feb 7, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Yes..It is written
"Its light by God we see light"
Some blind people are in utter darkness ..literally.
The sun is there , they can feel its affect but they can't see it.
No, it is Sunlight we see. I am not sure what you are trying to say here...

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#11 Feb 7, 2014
HOPE wrote:
<quoted text> Since Science is still searching for answers to the ORIGIN of THE UNIVERSE and admit they cannot determine the age of the earth.....You or I neither one know for sure the possibility of the Planets and Stars inside a vast stretch of the Universe and even including beyond the Universe lie the Possibility of many more Universes that have probably been in existence long before the beginning of time as we know. Since GOD is all Knowingly and His Many Mysteries are kept from us for reasons that only we will know when we meet with Him in Heaven, then all will be revealed.....I didn't avoid your questions. I am giving you my point of view and belief.....GOD and His POWER is not to be considered MAGIC at all, His POWER should be considered SUPERNATURAL POWER because HE in Himself I think is and has always been a GREAT POWER SOURCE and can take on any FORM HE WISHES TO TAKE......Our thoughts are not His.....One must believe in Him and accept Him for who He is.......Only those that make it to Heaven will Know Him......GENESIS gives complete explanation of God's greatness as the Creator of Everything, then and now and for ever. Only HE holds all the answers....~~~HOPE~~~
Where are you getting your science? Science has stated many many times about the age of the Earth.

And saying god is "mysterious" just gets you back to squar one and is used as an excuse for not looking to find answers.

Like people not looking at the possibility for thousands of years that the Earth goes around the Sun and not the other way around.

You do realize that the Sun is 1 million times the size of the Earth. Literally, you can fit 1 million Earths inside the Sun.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 7, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
1. Why does the bible say that god created lite before he created the Sun and stars?
You can't even spell 'light'. LOL!

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#13 Feb 7, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>You can't even spell 'light'. LOL!
Really?

An auto correct error. And actually it was spelled correctly further down in the same post.

Is that all you had to say?

I wonder how many grammatical errors you have posted? You should be more then well aware that there is no edit feature on this forum so if you mistype something you can not go back and fix the error.

You added nothing to the thread other than a snide comment of something you have done yourself. Hypocrite.
a man

Newport, AR

#15 Feb 7, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
1. Why does the bible say that god created lite before he created the Sun and stars? As we know that the only light sources in the universe comes from stars or remnants of.
2. Why does it also state that vegetation was created before the Sun and stars however, we know that vegetation requires sunlight to live.(By means of photosynthesis.)
We know for a fact that this is the way things work. to deny it is to deny common sense. So why do you believe this and what proof besides the bible says that any such thing is possible when nothing points to it even remotely being possible?
WMAP found that the universe is 13.7 billion years old. The universe began with an unimaginably enormous density and temperature. This immense primordial energy was the cauldron from which all life arose. Elementary particles were created and destroyed by the ultimate particle accelerator in the first moments of the universe.

There was matter and there was antimatter. When they met, they annihilated each other and created light. Somehow, it seems that there was a tiny fraction more matter than antimatter, so when nature took its course, the universe was left with some matter, no antimatter, and a tremendous amount of light. Today, WMAP measures that there is more than a billion times more light than matter.( http://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni.life.h... )

And God said, "Let there be light!"
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#16 Feb 7, 2014
a man wrote:
<quoted text>
WMAP found that the universe is 13.7 billion years old. The universe began with an unimaginably enormous density and temperature. This immense primordial energy was the cauldron from which all life arose. Elementary particles were created and destroyed by the ultimate particle accelerator in the first moments of the universe.
There was matter and there was antimatter. When they met, they annihilated each other and created light. Somehow, it seems that there was a tiny fraction more matter than antimatter, so when nature took its course, the universe was left with some matter, no antimatter, and a tremendous amount of light. Today, WMAP measures that there is more than a billion times more light than matter.( http://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni.life.h... )
And God said, "Let there be light!"
Curiously that slim parameter keeping anti-matter at bay and preventing chaos is searched for by science yet unable to be properly defined.
This to me is a sign of intent in creation.
God is an awesome builder.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17 Feb 7, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
An auto correct error. And actually it was spelled correctly further down in the same post.
Is that all you had to say?
I wonder how many grammatical errors you have posted? You should be more then well aware that there is no edit feature on this forum so if you mistype something you can not go back and fix the error.
You added nothing to the thread other than a snide comment of something you have done yourself. Hypocrite.
Then/than, learn the difference.

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#18 Feb 7, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Then/than, learn the difference.
I will try to keep my typos to a minimum just for you

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#19 Feb 7, 2014
a man wrote:
<quoted text>

And God said, "Let there be light!"
...

This proves and answers my questions how?

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#21 Feb 7, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have gotten more messed up over the years. What a jumbled mess of half thoughts.
Says the halfwit...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#22 Feb 7, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
1. Why does the bible say that god created lite before he created the Sun and stars? As we know that the only light sources in the universe comes from stars or remnants of.
2. Why does it also state that vegetation was created before the Sun and stars however, we know that vegetation requires sunlight to live.(By means of photosynthesis.)
We know for a fact that this is the way things work. to deny it is to deny common sense. So why do you believe this and what proof besides the bible says that any such thing is possible when nothing points to it even remotely being possible?
Have you ever put a plant in complete darkness? How long before it dies?

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#24 Feb 8, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical fundie ignorance.
Without the sun, there would be no HEAT, and the earth would have been frozen solid. And probably several hundred or even thousands of degrees below zero. Which, since you're a fundie of low intelligence, would be impossible for plant growth.
So have you ever put a plant into a freezer set at several hundred degrees below zero? How long before it dies?
Really dumbazz? We're only talking light here. Typical seenicantseecuzimblind ignorance.

But thanks for participating...

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#25 Feb 8, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Really dumbazz? We're only talking light here. Typical seenicantseecuzimblind ignorance.
But thanks for participating...
Actually it is both.

The Sun provides not only light but heat as well.

Why is something in your face less believable than a talking donkey and bushes?
a man

Newport, AR

#26 Feb 8, 2014
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
...
This proves and answers my questions how?
It shows another source besides the bible(which is what you asked) that states that there was light before any sun was formed just like the bible stated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 152
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does God Hate? 6 hr arrow 142
God has Granted Repentance that Leads to Life -... Wed Sheriff Joe 529 9
My Dream 1, part 1 and 2, the meaning? Tue rickpilgrim 1
The People's Lounge (Mar '09) Tue Roadie 4,441
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) Tue RiccardoFire 199
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) May 21 religiousnuts 191
News New figures show debt crises are growing across... May 19 nanoanomaly 1