Sex in Christ this site needs to be s...
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
ChristRocks101

Cary, IL

#110 Jul 25, 2009
There is a god! And he loves you and me more than anything in the world too! The bible was written by men, yes! But jesus/god influenced thier writings! The apostles that were with jesus while he was on earth wrote all the stories we hear today! You are loved! It's like a free present! Just take it! Accept him, and he will bless you! What are you waiting for! Don't fall into the lies that the modern world throws at us, belive in god! HE LOVES YOU!
Atheist

Windsor, Canada

#111 Jul 26, 2009
Hello

Christrocks101

//There is a god! And he loves you and me more than anything in the world too! The bible was written by men, yes! But jesus/god influenced thier writings! The apostles that were with jesus while he was on earth wrote all the stories we hear today! You are loved! It's like a free present! Just take it! Accept him, and he will bless you! What are you waiting for! Don't fall into the lies that the modern world throws at us, belive in god! HE LOVES YOU!//

Nonsense !!

A.
wiki luke the evangelist

Middlewich, UK

#112 Oct 20, 2009
Lets just get this straightened out okay?
The Bible
The New Testament
A selection of letters, historical narratives, stories, and proclamations.
Written, collected and compiled by a group of men- Matthew, Luke, etc- with the purpose of evangelizing their shared spiritual cause.
It's the word of Matthew, Paul and co.
It is literally the word's of it's mortal authors.
Which makes it....
.....think about it ....
NOT the word of God.
It is some guys TALKING about God about Christ, and so it is up to YOU to decide if you beleive THEM or not.
It ISN'T the literal Word of God. He didn't materialise Himself as a glowing pen and physically, actually WRITE the book. Your not spreading God's word. Your spreading the Bible's message. Lukes message.
wiki luke the evangelist

Middlewich, UK

#113 Oct 20, 2009
"The bible was written by men, yes! But jesus/god influenced thier writings! The apostles that were with jesus while he was on earth wrote all the stories we hear today"

This was the only part of your sentence that has any content. Basically you're saying "Come on, they knew the guy, so there's no way reports of him walking on water or making a loaf feed thousands aren't true. It's completeley true, I have a gut instinct it's true, as it says so, in a load of third party accounts written in the superstitious times of 2000 years ago,in stories full of supernatural and impossible feats . I just know that all the stuff in there is true, because I have absolute trust in the authors to the point that I wouldn't even beleive anything contradictory that I came across as it would weaken my resolve to do so. I have a predetermined conclusion in all things and beleive that without my specially chosen set of laws there would be nothing to show you that rape and murder and adultery and theiving and lying is bad. Without the Bible to command you, you have no idea of right from wrong and it is impossible that could be a charitable and kind person doing good for the love of doing it."

The rest of it:

"It's like a free present! Just take it! Accept him, and he will bless you! What are you waiting for! Don't fall into the lies that the modern world throws at us, belive in god!"

Here you sound like the bad guy from the educational anti drugs video trying to get me to take a hit

"Just take it. Accept! Beleive! Shove ALL DOUBT ASIDE AND UNQUESTIONINGLY ACCEPT A NEW REALITY! WHY LISTEN TO YOUR INTERNAL DOUBTS! SUPRESS! SUPRESS!IT'S SO EASY, IT'S SO WARM!"

I envy you. I really do. It must be some crutch to lean on, that some huge being loves you all the time.

I just looked up at the stars one night and relalised that with distance, the light from the stars is taking longer to reach me the further away it is, and as my eyes track across the sky so do the ages as I flick in between the past and the deeper past. I am looking at, seeing time, shades of time pouring in from billions of years ago, into my retina, through my optic nerve, a bindle of elecricity and sinew, a mass of chemical reactions, on a wildly spinnig globe trapped within a physical attraction to a herculean might of perpetual nuclear fission and burning gases, one of billions in a spiralling galaxy of other suns, the cluster of which in turn forms another bright speck on another greater spiral in an endlessley expanding vaccum, the great Nothing that contains Everything.....

Then I look the the Bible to explain that? Are you kidding? Turn my back on all science is yet to discover about all of that good stuff, simply stop looking, stop searching infinity for the glimpse of another answer, but really, physically, looking? Reject all that I know to be true, really true. Why, when the truth about the scale and size and the millions of different inter reactions of so much in the way of psysics in the universe is so much more mind boggling than the puny myths the Bible has to offer me?
Veritas

Seattle, WA

#114 Feb 8, 2010
What we are all failing to see (I think, didn't read all of the posts, got too repetitive) is the only fact we know for sure. The Bible is just a book, written by a bunch of guys (some lights should be turning on now) and there is no God (duh) and that religious people cling to the idea of God and faith because it is easy. The unknown is scary and is difficult to understand. The Bible is funny, and sure, its a good read.

For more laughs, check out:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16546_the-6-ra...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#115 Feb 8, 2010
Google Love & Sex in the Bible - History Channel
At work this is blocked

Sex in the Bible part 1 History Channel.
&fe ature=related
martylakewood

Dupo, IL

#117 Apr 8, 2010
Why does anyone care? Just don't masturbate, have anal sex, or have oral sex if you disagree with the site. You don't need to shutdown a site you disagree with... if it were just principle then I'm sure lots of other people would want to shut down our Christian sites. Shutting down a site out of principle is fascism. You don't want to be a fascist, do you? Of course not! Let it go people...
Jeff

Saint Charles, MO

#118 May 30, 2010
Let me first start off by saying I'm a Christian. I think you should all step back and think about what you are saying. What does this site say that is so bad, really?

Are you saying oral sex before marriage is a sin? I would love to see how you can support that claim. What about anal sex? I think most of you don't even know the definition of sex and that's quite sad.

And who are you to say that things like BSDM is wrong? What does it matter if both partners enjoy it? If it's involving sex between a married couple and they both gain pleasure from it are you seriously going to sit there and say its a sin? Do you see how idiotic that sounds?

It's not like this site is promoting murder, but the way some of you are talking, you would think it is. How is any of this wrong? Where on the site does it say premarital sex is okay?

It just seems to me like most of you have your heads so far up in the clouds you can't see anything but what you are told. I truly feel sorry for you.

The Bible can be interpreted many ways, that's why we have so many religions. Are you now going to bash on Lutherans? Where does it end?

It's people like you guys who give us Christians a bad name. Who's to say one person knows how the Bible SHOULD be interpreted? If you're discussing a book you've read and someone else has a different opinion on what happened, does that make him wrong? No. It doesn't.

How can we as a people grow with such close-mindedness. You people make me sick.
Gods grace is enough

Lincoln, CA

#120 Feb 12, 2011
If any of you were wondering how us followers of Christ, aka: Christians, came across this site, and the original site, mentioned above...Know that sex is a desire for EVERYONE, not just non-Christians. Song of Solomon is very erotic..but in a poetic form. The Bible doesn't condemn sex at all. I'm actually attending a private Christian university right now, and I'm taking HUMAN SEXUALITY. We talk about how sex is Biblically designed to be a metaphor for how God desires us. God wants a personal relationship with us. And as creepy as it sounds, (because he doesn't want sex with us, obviously), sex was given to us as a holy gift, much like marriage was, to illustrate how God desires us, and how the relationship we have should reflect the relationship Christ has with the Church, and God has with Christ. Sex, from a Bible's standpoint, should only be used in a male-female marriage, not to pervert, but to show our respect and authentic loving care for the other person. The Wife isn't a doormat in submission, and the Husband isn't a dictator in his leadership---they passionately desire each other. Its beautiful when it's what God's designed. It's humans, me included, that have misunderstood the purpose of sex, and thus--disrespected God through it. Anyway, that's a little about what I've been learning, hope some of you found it helpful. :)
Paul

United States

#121 Aug 24, 2011
I studied the Bible and find that anyone who is just trying to see what it says will have little problem.(Yes, there are some difficult passages) Anything anyone says or writes is subject to distortion it is not the Bible's fault. The fault lies with those who twist it and misrepresent it.

I looked at the word used in John concerning "The disciple that Jesus loved." It is "agape" the word for divine love that is undeserved it has nothing to do with sex of any kind. Check it. John knew that Jesus loved all the disciples the same way and even the whole world. John 3:16.
Garnet

Conover, NC

#122 Oct 8, 2011
I thought this thread was about the Sex in Christ website being removed. As a Christian, I don't think it should be removed. The language was not x-rated. I merely think that the people who wrote it are NOT Christians as they claim to be and anyone with at least a third grade education can see that their interpretation of MOST of their scriptural references is off track. Their intent is to get people who don't know better to believe what they state. If you are strong in your biblical knowledge and secure in your faith, then this site should not bother you. I do agree with them on some points that oral sex and masturbation are not sins. People need to be secure in their own sexuality and understand that sex is not dirty and that sex and the feelings that accompany it are gifts from God. ANYTHING done in excess is a sin so don't just stick the label on sex. Natural sex between a man and wife are fine or sexual gratification alone. The website gets into extreme things, such as fisting which I found amusing that they would interpret it that way. Their reference to Jesus and the woman at the well was absurd as well, but the site should provide a strong Christian with a basis of what NOT to believe. It's better to know what the enemy is thinking rather than not know and be surprised. Just my opinion.
Andronicous

PalhoƧa, Brazil

#123 Jan 12, 2012
LOL, man!!! This site is f... great!
flyby 4374

Santa Fe, NM

#124 Feb 7, 2013
There's a lot of misinformation on that sight, but let's not forget GOD created sex. It is a beautiful & wonderful thing when it is put into that perspective. If you spend a lot of time putting all biblical writings into the correct time and perspective, there is everything right about oral sex, masturbation and even anal sex when it is both selfless and within a marriage (one man and one woman) as GOD Himself designed. Outside of a marriage - sex is wrong. Masturbation is not specifically mentioned, but difficult without lusting which Jesus said was wrong(sin).

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#125 Feb 7, 2013
flyby 4374 wrote:
there is everything right about oral sex, masturbation and even anal sex when it is both selfless and within a marriage (one man and one woman) as GOD Himself designed.
Is that so? Hmmm he designed the tallywacker to go into the outtyhole? I thought you fundies said it wasnt his design.. well which is it?
I'm tired of your lies..
informed

Connersville, IN

#126 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Let me first start off by saying I'm a Christian. I think you should all step back and think about what you are saying. What does this site say that is so bad, really?
Are you saying oral sex before marriage is a sin? I would love to see how you can support that claim. What about anal sex? I think most of you don't even know the definition of sex and that's quite sad.
And who are you to say that things like BSDM is wrong? What does it matter if both partners enjoy it? If it's involving sex between a married couple and they both gain pleasure from it are you seriously going to sit there and say its a sin? Do you see how idiotic that sounds?
It's not like this site is promoting murder, but the way some of you are talking, you would think it is. How is any of this wrong? Where on the site does it say premarital sex is okay?
It just seems to me like most of you have your heads so far up in the clouds you can't see anything but what you are told. I truly feel sorry for you.
The Bible can be interpreted many ways, that's why we have so many religions. Are you now going to bash on Lutherans? Where does it end?
It's people like you guys who give us Christians a bad name. Who's to say one person knows how the Bible SHOULD be interpreted? If you're discussing a book you've read and someone else has a different opinion on what happened, does that make him wrong? No. It doesn't.
How can we as a people grow with such close-mindedness. You people make me sick.
Sex:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sex

Sexual:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sexual

Intercourse:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interc...

Based on the above definitions, which you don't understand, to have "sex" means to commit:

coitus:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coitus

oral "sex" unites both individuals; both the one giving the oral and the one receiving it. You're an idiot, now move along.
informed

Connersville, IN

#127 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
And who are you to say that things like BSDM is wrong? What does it matter if both partners enjoy it? If it's pleasure from it are you seriously going to sit there and say its a sinvolving sex between a married couple and they both gain in? Do you see how idiotic that sounds?
"And who are you to say that things like BSDM is wrong? What does it matter if both partners enjoy it? If it's pleasure from it are you seriously going to sit there and say its a sinvolving sex between a married couple and they both gain in? Do you see how idiotic that sounds?"

You post began based on the premise that oral sex, anal sex etc. wasn't sex, now you change your premise to a "married couple". Do you see how ridiculous that is?
informed

Connersville, IN

#128 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
"It's not like this site is promoting murder, but the way some of you are talking, you would think it is. How is any of this wrong?"

It's promoting fornication. Have you even read your bible?

"It's people like you guys who give us Christians a bad name."

How arrogant of you to presume you're an Christian after making these comments.
Paul

Vallejo, CA

#129 Jun 2, 2013
Great Site! It is about time.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#130 Jan 6, 2014
I am very glad to see that the site is still up and running and attracting hits. What a pity more Christians do not visit the site and learn from it.
All the pages are good but I like this one best
http://www.sexinchrist.com/threesome.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 5 min Atheistgirl 277
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 8,340
Evidence Against God 1 hr Atheistgirl 3,915
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Atheistgirl 20,069
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 2 hr KAB 1,373
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 4 hr Taranis 6
Spirit bodies. 5 hr Taranis 56
GS, defend this defamation of my character with... (Oct '12) 5 hr Atheistgirl 972
Let's have a discussion, HG. (Oct '12) 5 hr Atheistgirl 181
More from around the web