Sex in Christ this site needs to be shut down!

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Lena

Lees Summit, MO

#1 Jan 26, 2008
Before you go to this site keep in mind it is x-rated. No pictures are
anything but what it talks about. This site is finding bible versus to
support sexual deviances. It is disgusting whoever wrote it I believe
is mentally ill.

This is not for the faint of heart but as Christians you need to see
this sick propaganda out there.

I believe I have seen everything now!
Lena

Lees Summit, MO

#2 Jan 26, 2008
Sorry the site is

www.sexinchrist.com
Liberty1

Olympia, WA

#3 Jan 27, 2008
No thanks
belkins

Yonkers, NY

#4 Jan 27, 2008
Thats great...and whats even funnier is that you miss the parody of it all. You just look, see what you want then make a condemnation.(sure the stuff might be little risque, but its certainly not x-rated...unless you are a child in mind and spirit. "Oh big bad boogey man words. Flee, run away from words...")

All I see is a site where someone is creatively showing how The Bible can be interepreted to suit anyones needs and agenda.

Any passage can be taken, any section of the book can manipulated to mean whatever the hell you wish it to say. Even the most obvious passages can be manipulated...that's the point.

And why is that? Because the book is a vague and poorly written collection of stories...that are now and always have been open to interpretation, by anyone...
Mechanic45

Pioneer, TN

#5 Jan 27, 2008
Lena wrote:
Sorry the site is
www.sexinchrist.com
Not like it's anything new--

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Writing in Paradise

Waipahu, HI

#6 Jan 27, 2008
LOL

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#7 Jan 27, 2008
Lena wrote:
Sorry the site is
www.sexinchrist.com
Just curious, Lena....for I am always a curious witch..... How is it that YOU come across this particular site?

I have to agree with belkins. LOL! It really points out how the bible can be interpreted to mean ...ummm.... whatever you WANT it to.
Wayne

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2008
Yes, I agree. The bible can be interpreted any way you want as long as you let the devil interpret it for you. He knows scripture too and will let you twist it any way you want. However if you let the Holy Spirit of God interpret it, as it was intended, then the love and wisdom of God shines through like a beacon in the night. Atheists and heathens will twist it to their own destruction as Mechanic has given scripture for.
belkins

Yonkers, NY

#9 Jan 27, 2008
Wayne wrote:
Yes, I agree. The bible can be interpreted any way you want as long as you let the devil interpret it for you. He knows scripture too and will let you twist it any way you want. However if you let the Holy Spirit of God interpret it, as it was intended, then the love and wisdom of God shines through like a beacon in the night. Atheists and heathens will twist it to their own destruction as Mechanic has given scripture for.
Oh that old gaga, the devil made me do it...

Do you really believe that this devil, this made up creature called satan, spends all his/her time (what sex is the devil?) with this sort of nonsense? "Okay today I'm gonna help someone write something that says the bible supports anal sex...hehehehehe!" Tomorrow it'll be fisting...hehehe so much fun..."

I mean whats the point of it all, seems theres nothing humans do that is actually of their free-will. Either we're not chosing the correct side and getting condemned for it, or the wrong side has so much control we cant do anything of our own freewill anyway...

Its all so much twisted logic...I think even your god laughs at you all..."look how gullible they are...why would I want such weak creatures by myside for eternity, they'll bore the crap out of me...they'll be sucking up to me all day...asking for my autograph all the time...asking 'wheres J, we need more bread and wine...aye..."

lol
belkins

Yonkers, NY

#10 Jan 27, 2008
gaga = gag...
Mechanic45

Oneida, TN

#11 Jan 27, 2008
Wayne wrote:
What gets me Wayne, is that if belkins and Witch actually believe what they are saying, then why do they (and other non-believers) have such a hard time accepting even their own view.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#12 Jan 27, 2008
Mechanic45 wrote:
<quoted text>What gets me Wayne, is that if belkins and Witch actually believe what they are saying, then why do they (and other non-believers) have such a hard time accepting even their own view.
Belkins, does this make any sense to you?

What is my "own view" that I have "such a hard time accepting?"
Mechanic45

Oneida, TN

#13 Jan 27, 2008
You tell us,Witchy.
If the bible can be "interpreted" to meet ones own agenda(as belkins said), then why do you have trouble "interpreting", instead of just rejecting it? Or is the latter just easier?
Wayne

United States

#14 Jan 27, 2008
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Belkins, does this make any sense to you?
What is my "own view" that I have "such a hard time accepting?"
As in, Belkins doesn't accept your view and you don't accept his. Non-believers don't even agree with each other on their so called "philosophies." I and Mechanic however agree on the majority of what we post about nonbelievers. Tere, understand it now? Probably not.
Mechanic45

Oneida, TN

#15 Jan 27, 2008
You know ,Wayne, I remember Paul telling the Corinthians why he needed to keep some of them on the "milk" of the word. When I see posts like witchy and belkins I can understand the problem Paul faced, at least to some extent!
belkins

Yonkers, NY

#16 Jan 27, 2008
Mechanic45 wrote:
You tell us,Witchy.
If the bible can be "interpreted" to meet ones own agenda(as belkins said), then why do you have trouble "interpreting", instead of just rejecting it? Or is the latter just easier?
Ok, since the bible can be interpreted any which way, I dont think it holds the weight and importance that you, Wayne, and others hold it to. It cant stand up to the scrutiny. And its certainly not the WORD of god. Not any god.

Hey there are few good lessons in there, respect and honor, dont steal, dont covet, and giving to the poor, turning the other cheek (sometimes...lol) all good lessons. And not unique to that book.

BUT They are not the WORDS of a GOD. The words of men yes, men trying to describe their god. Trying to code behavior, because most humans place a lot of credibility in codes and when they are written they get more respect.

I dont believe the bible is inerrant. I dont believe it describes anything scientific. I dont believe the bible is meant as a historical documnet, esp. the NT - which is a proclamation nothing more. Its simply a flawed compilation of various carefully/deliberately selected documents to make the story fit various peoples agendas from nearly 2000 years ago, and one that continues still.

Its very lack of interpretative coherency is a big strike against it being in any way divine.

In short, I just dont put the bible on the pedestal you believe it should be. Its not the only source of morality we have, nor the best.
And I certainly dont think its a source to seek out legislative guidance in the 21st century.

Does that answer your Q, or are you now going to say that I dont believe what I wrote...
belkins

Yonkers, NY

#17 Jan 27, 2008
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
As in, Belkins doesn't accept your view and you don't accept his. Non-believers don't even agree with each other on their so called "philosophies." I and Mechanic however agree on the majority of what we post about nonbelievers. Tere, understand it now? Probably not.
of course you believe the lies you want to propogate about those who dont agree with you...thats an old story. Christians been doing that for centuries. You have a long history of trying to negatively label those who challenge your notions of god.

And do you and MEchanic agree on all things religious? All things?

I doubt it, look at all the various sects. Look at all the waxing and waning in the various chrsitian sects all these many centuries. None of you can agree either. Nothing new there. thats what humans do disagree, but I will risk a conjecture that Witch and I would honor our disagreements and agree to disagree and go in peace.

While my guess is that the best way to get Christians to UNITE is to find someone to burn at a stake. Then they all coming running united under their god.
belkins

Yonkers, NY

#18 Jan 27, 2008
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
nice contradictory, convoluted logic by the way.

LOL!!

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#19 Jan 27, 2008
Mechanic45 wrote:
You tell us,Witchy.
I don't have any trouble at all with the bible, reading, interpreting, or otherwise.
It's an old book.. the OT being the myths and semi-history of the Jewish faith ..and the NT being an attempt to broaden its appeal to include Gentiles.
I don't need to interpret it to fit my agenda since I don't have one. I don't care what others believe (you and Wayne) or don't (belkins)... that is their business.
What I do care about is when people bully others who don't share their beliefs and use the bible as their weapon.
The problem with the bible is when people call it "the word of god." It isn't.
I don't NEED a book to know how to live a good life. I don't NEED to know the mind of "god." Life is a gift... Don't waste it dwelling on death.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#20 Jan 27, 2008
belkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, since the bible can be interpreted any which way, I dont think it holds the weight and importance that you, Wayne, and others hold it to. It cant stand up to the scrutiny. And its certainly not the WORD of god. Not any god.
Hey there are few good lessons in there, respect and honor, dont steal, dont covet, and giving to the poor, turning the other cheek (sometimes...lol) all good lessons. And not unique to that book.
BUT They are not the WORDS of a GOD. The words of men yes, men trying to describe their god. Trying to code behavior, because most humans place a lot of credibility in codes and when they are written they get more respect.
I dont believe the bible is inerrant. I dont believe it describes anything scientific. I dont believe the bible is meant as a historical documnet, esp. the NT - which is a proclamation nothing more. Its simply a flawed compilation of various carefully/deliberately selected documents to make the story fit various peoples agendas from nearly 2000 years ago, and one that continues still.
Its very lack of interpretative coherency is a big strike against it being in any way divine.
In short, I just dont put the bible on the pedestal you believe it should be. Its not the only source of morality we have, nor the best.
And I certainly dont think its a source to seek out legislative guidance in the 21st century.
Does that answer your Q, or are you now going to say that I dont believe what I wrote...
Hmmm, I agree with everything you said. Imagine that. In fact, I often admire your logic and well-stated arguments.
But, if we should disagree, at least I won't be telling you that "you'll burn in hell for that!" LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The post count of Dollarsbill 3 min 15th Dalai Lama 171
Evoution Frauds 6 min Strel 1,703
Will Israel Allow Iran to have Nukes? 6 min Theoneandonly 16
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 10 min Theoneandonly 2,543
Malichi's Word Just As True Today as In His Time 14 min just sayin 3
Being Ready ? 15 min Theoneandonly 312
More Science To Support The Facts of Evolution ... 55 min Strel 29
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 6 hr Sundog512 3,170
More from around the web