I'm Sick of Evolution Lies. We Are NO...
lol

Welch, WV

#2254 Aug 19, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, I will give a short lecture about evolution and I will use the Bible as an example; the evolution of the Bible.
No one must think that the Bible came fix and ready in the first English edition when it came the first time.
It started far back in time with ideas and stories told here and there among tribes.
They exchanged their stories when they met, some of it mixed and changed, some added and then later on written down.
Much later on they had the Torah, new translations and the NT added, some taken out and some added, and by and by we had the bible.
Then my question is; when did we have the absolutely correct version, and to where have Christianity by now moved it?
Evolution moves in two ways; first towards the pattern of all things joined together almost perfectly and from there all the small errors will add up until all will collapse.
Our human lives are a perfect example of that.
The Bible, as it is, has been around for thousands of years. Jesus and His disciples quoted from the Old Testament.

And people like you have been around just as long trying to obliterate it. You have always failed and will continue to fail.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2255 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible, as it is, has been around for thousands of years. Jesus and His disciples quoted from the Old Testament.
And people like you have been around just as long trying to obliterate it. You have always failed and will continue to fail.
One person against many cant win, that’s nothing new, even the Bible understands that.
But it is also well known that the opinions of many can be wrong unless they can communicate freely and find the right answers in consensus.
Don’t permit the errors of the past dictate what you will think and do.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#2256 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you unable to accept the fact that even though the word "soul" may not have existed, the actual soul DID? WOW! What a site I have stumbled onto. A Christian site full of atheists. Don't you know you atheists are like a bugger that you can't quite flick off the end of your finger? Just a nuisance.
Facts tend to get you grumpy. Take your meds and maybe mommy will let you come play later.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#2257 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me exactly which scripture that says angels have no gender. Then get back to me.
How about you find documented proof of angels first?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2258 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
lol What a small minded, illiterate review of Holy Scripture. Are you a misandrist by any chance? The Word of God is very favorable toward women. See what following a man made religion does to you?
The first man in the Bible to treat women as worthy and and as being more than property was Jesus.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2259 Aug 20, 2013
The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an interesting way of interpreting things. I don't have a problem with that, but I wonder if there are others that have the same interpretations of the bible. Just curious, really.
Most of my doctrine is original and comes from the OT. My theology most closely resembles Judaism but they don't want me. I am not ethnically Jewish. Some say I practice susanblangeism but I call it the Truth and there is some truth in all religions.
lol

Welch, WV

#2260 Aug 20, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
One person against many cant win, that’s nothing new, even the Bible understands that.
But it is also well known that the opinions of many can be wrong unless they can communicate freely and find the right answers in consensus.
Don’t permit the errors of the past dictate what you will think and do.
Evil and secularity is permeating every nook and cranny of our country. Coptic Christians are being slaughtered in Egypt. Where is the outcry from our elected officials? Nowhere to be heard. Your side is winning but that is prophesied. There is coming a time when evil will not be found, thank God.
lol

Welch, WV

#2261 Aug 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The first man in the Bible to treat women as worthy and and as being more than property was Jesus.
Israel had a woman judge.
lol

Welch, WV

#2262 Aug 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The first man in the Bible to treat women as worthy and and as being more than property was Jesus.
And God created Eve to be with Adam and to be his mate. But, we all know how that ended. lol

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2263 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do she do anything to change the fact that young virgin women were bought and paid for to be used as wives?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2264 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
And God created Eve to be with Adam and to be his mate. But, we all know how that ended. lol
I know the ending to that bedtime story, yes.
Your comment here has nothing to do with the subject, however.
lol

Welch, WV

#2265 Aug 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I know the ending to that bedtime story, yes.
Your comment here has nothing to do with the subject, however.
Well, since you have no authority to call it a "bedtime" story, I will comment as I see fit. Did God create Eve so that Adam could "own" her?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2266 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you have no authority to call it a "bedtime" story, I will comment as I see fit. Did God create Eve so that Adam could "own" her?
You have no authority to call it literal.

You know, I don't think you have ever really read the Bible because if you had you would be painfully aware of the position the women in the Bible had in society during those past time periods.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2267 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil and secularity is permeating every nook and cranny of our country. Coptic Christians are being slaughtered in Egypt. Where is the outcry from our elected officials? Nowhere to be heard. Your side is winning but that is prophesied. There is coming a time when evil will not be found, thank God.
Please understand me; I am not against everything about Christianity, there are a lot of good things to be said, but sadly as it is; the back yard has a lot of thistles.
Cultures rooted in Christianity has a built in kindness that everybody benefits from, we can’t always see it clearly because we are so used to it.
What I am for is to have acceptance for the cultural changes we must have in order to save this planet from destruction.
It is a fact that we are given intellectual skills, and it is a shame that so many are blocked from using these skills properly because someone tells them that they must not.
In your terms; do you sincerely believe that God gave us these skills for nothing?
lol

Welch, WV

#2268 Aug 20, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Please understand me; I am not against everything about Christianity, there are a lot of good things to be said, but sadly as it is; the back yard has a lot of thistles.
Cultures rooted in Christianity has a built in kindness that everybody benefits from, we can’t always see it clearly because we are so used to it.
What I am for is to have acceptance for the cultural changes we must have in order to save this planet from destruction.
It is a fact that we are given intellectual skills, and it is a shame that so many are blocked from using these skills properly because someone tells them that they must not.
In your terms; do you sincerely believe that God gave us these skills for nothing?
First tell me how you feel about the slaughtering of Christians by the Muslims in Egypt. Given the chance, they would slaughter EVERYONE that will not submit to them, not only the Christians.
lol

Welch, WV

#2269 Aug 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You have no authority to call it literal.
You know, I don't think you have ever really read the Bible because if you had you would be painfully aware of the position the women in the Bible had in society during those past time periods.
My faith tells me it is literal.

So, is that is why Sarah made Abraham take her slave, NOT ABRAHAM'S SLAVE, Hagar to give him a son? You misundersand scripture because you do not understand scripture. Women yielded much power in their tribes.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2270 Aug 21, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
catholic church had gay wedding ceremonies too.
http://rense.com/general50/cath.htm

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2271 Aug 21, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd really like to know which bible you are getting this tripe from.
Her own personal translation.

Location hidden

#2272 Aug 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>A horn is a phallic symbol of power and the Messiah is called a "little horn" Daniel 7:8. God also has breasts symbolized by mountains. Zechariah 6:1. God has a womb. Job 38:29. That's just a few to start with.
How long have you been making this stuff up Suzie?

Location hidden

#2273 Aug 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe God has a gender.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, all male.

John 16:13 (NKJV)
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 min janeebee 20,085
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 10 min Atheistgirl 21
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 16 min Taranis 5,600
Evidence Against God 25 min Atheistgirl 3,952
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr rog 8,374
Jesus did not claim to be God 2 hr Atheistgirl 6
Why do you really believe in a god? 5 hr KAB 654
More from around the web