|
Aug 21, 2013

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea you have some diagnosis for why I use "lol"
LOL
<quoted text>
Lol ok God exists prove me wrong...
See thats what you did here. But had I did it, you would have went crazy over it saying that the burden of proof is on ME not you. Especially since I made the statement.
Nice hypocritical stance
<quoted text>
10uhsee an atheist with no proof and an argumentative attitude to defend the "ridicules"
Yes, the same goes for you when I call you an idiot. It is not a 100% chance as to that being the reason you LOL all the time. It is the reason I am choosing to proclaim.(just like you)

See, science proclaims no (current) evidence for god. So you can argue with them on that stance, I just agree because I have never saw any evidence for your god either.

The difference is, mine is factual. You can at any time, show me what science has that proves your god exists or the need for one. However, you cant because you don't have any.

Arguing that your invisible god exists is a totally different story. You have no proof for it while the science also, has no proof for it.

I see what you did there, however... I defend science and a realistic view of life, it can not be dependent on invisible sky fairies and talking vegetation, nor having drunk sex with both of your daughters...

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bold faced liar or an ignoramus. The outcome is the same.
You haven't provided any 'tidbits' of proof whatsoever.
God bless you.
Better stop with the name calling... he thinks when you do that, you are backed into a corner.

I wonder, when Fly got beat up and backed into a corner, was he calling the other kids names or was the kids that took his lunch money also calling him names? Curious.

“I'll have some FSM...”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
10uhsee wrote:
So, I am asking simply, what is it about Vishnu that makes him not "god?"
What fair judgement did you use to weigh it against your own god?
In your attempt to prove your god is real and Vishnu is not you responded:
1. Israel the nation exists after not existing for at least 2000 years
2. The world knows about Abraham just as God told Abraham
3. stone of the Moabites.
We're not getting anywhere. Let's start over. Please explain why you think any of your three replies are reasonable responses to 10uhsee's questions.
God bless you.
He can't, or else, he will realize he did not use fair judgement after all.

He likes to lean on Israel being a country but forgets...

The land they got... did not even belong to the ones giving it away. Nor the status of Jews after the Holocaust.

Ezekiel 26:7-14
For thus says the Lord: "Behold I will bring upon Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a hosts of many soldiers. He will slay with the sword your daughters on the mainland; he will set up a seige wall against you. He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers...With the hoofs os his horses he will trample all your streets; he will slay your people with the sword and your mighty pillar will fall to the ground...they will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses... I will make you a bare rock...you shall never be rebuilt, for I have spoken," says the Lord God.

Yeah... failed prophesy

The whole passage clearly prophesied the sack and complete destruction of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar. However, the vivid description of the sack and fall of Tyre never happened. After a siege of thirteen years, until 573BC, Nebuchadnezzar lifted his siege on Tyre and had to arrive at a compromised agreement.[3] Thus Nebuchadnezzar did not destroy Tyre. Tyre was destroyed by Alexander the Great, 240 years later. And furthermore, despite the prophet, the city of Tyre was eventually rebuilt.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
The land they got... did not even belong to the ones giving it away. Nor the status of Jews after the Holocaust.
What do you mean? Britain and the Allied powers conquered that land away from the Ottoman Empire after WW1, so of course they had the right to carve out a small portion and give it to anyone they wished. Not like anyone else was actually using that land...

“I'll have some FSM...”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? Britain and the Allied powers conquered that land away from the Ottoman Empire after WW1, so of course they had the right to carve out a small portion and give it to anyone they wished. Not like anyone else was actually using that land...
I suppose you could look at it like someone took something that was not theirs and gave it to someone else... the classic "robin Hood" story.

Or, it was given to them from someone else. If war dictates ownership, I suppose you could say it was given to them "legally."
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Tell that to the many natives people 'round the world. Being victims of slaughter first...and not any sort of good xtian behaviors. After being treated hospitably by the natives in most cases, only to have their culture wiped near-clear off the map...
3. Because they were believed to be as "true" as the Jewish god.???
2. And as I said, people do not know about the God of Abraham because of "slaughter". That may play a part, but thats ignoring Judaism, and Islam as well.

3. Huh? Who are you asking?
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sorry Im just biased. See, I can make statements and not back them up but you on the otherhand have to back up everything you say. I cannot back up my statement so its on you to prove it wrong
Yea this is what I got from post # 1411 lol
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
1. That's not true. Have you not heard the stories of people who prophesied their success, their future careers, etc...? "I knew at age 7 I would be on TV one day, I would be a musician, I'd be in the Olympics, etc..."
I know I have, and I have always been in wonder of people who knew the course of their lives so early in life...
Maybe you could answer how a book could say "Israel will be destroyed and cease to exist but later will come again and be nation" and 2000 years or so later it happens. Maybe you could answer how this is not legitimate?

Maybe you could answer how a book would say that Abraham would become famous and then later on, thousands of years later, almost the whole world knows Abraham?

And this is what I mean when I said that the only proof you guys would accept is SEEING God. Well, I cannot do that for you. He could if He wanted, but I cannot show Him to you lol
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel 26:7-14
For thus says the Lord: "Behold I will bring upon Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a hosts of many soldiers. He will slay with the sword your daughters on the mainland; he will set up a seige wall against you. He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers...With the hoofs os his horses he will trample all your streets; he will slay your people with the sword and your mighty pillar will fall to the ground...they will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses... I will make you a bare rock...you shall never be rebuilt, for I have spoken," says the Lord God.
Yeah... failed prophesy
The whole passage clearly prophesied the sack and complete destruction of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar. However, the vivid description of the sack and fall of Tyre never happened. After a siege of thirteen years, until 573BC, Nebuchadnezzar lifted his siege on Tyre and had to arrive at a compromised agreement.[3] Thus Nebuchadnezzar did not destroy Tyre. Tyre was destroyed by Alexander the Great, 240 years later. And furthermore, despite the prophet, the city of Tyre was eventually rebuilt.
1. Hmm I already answered Ezekiel 26 lol
2. Yes Israel being a country is a prophecy being fulfilled. How so when the bible is a fairy tale did it correctly predict that a nation would exist again called Israel? Guesswork? lol
3. What does it matter who gave the land away? You do know when the Hebrews left Babylon it was King Cyrus of Persia that allowed them to leave and gave them the tools to build the second temple?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Hmm I already answered Ezekiel 26 lol
2. Yes Israel being a country is a prophecy being fulfilled. How so when the bible is a fairy tale did it correctly predict that a nation would exist again called Israel? Guesswork? lol
3. What does it matter who gave the land away? You do know when the Hebrews left Babylon it was King Cyrus of Persia that allowed them to leave and gave them the tools to build the second temple?
It appears that you don't quite grasp the meaning of the term "self-fulfilling prophecy". Plenty of people have read the Bible. Plenty of people knew about the prophecy that there would once again be a nation of Israel. Britain allowing the post war Jews to settle on a small corner of British soil could be called a fulfillment of the Bible's prophecy, or it could have been British politicians THINKING that they were doing God's will by creating the nation of Israel. Do you see the difference?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

I "still no proof" - poor old Fly.
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Fly was replying to "Thinking".
Now I'm confused...a little...
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you don't quite grasp the meaning of the term "self-fulfilling prophecy". Plenty of people have read the Bible. Plenty of people knew about the prophecy that there would once again be a nation of Israel. Britain allowing the post war Jews to settle on a small corner of British soil could be called a fulfillment of the Bible's prophecy, or it could have been British politicians THINKING that they were doing God's will by creating the nation of Israel. Do you see the difference?
No I dont. If I told you in three days you're going to eat fish and then on the third day you say "Hey Imma do what Flygerian said and eat fish" was I still right? Yes.

So in the bible if Isaiah (It wasnt him that knew what would happen but just for kicks) said "Israel will become a nation again" and then 2000 years later it happens, how does that not count for anything? lol

SELF fulfilling prophecy has to do with the "self". Did anyone that the prophecies were made thru have anything to do with Israel again becoming a nation 2000 years later? No. So it cant be a SELF fulfilling prophecy.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could answer how a book could say "Israel will be destroyed and cease to exist but later will come again and be nation" and 2000 years or so later it happens. Maybe you could answer how this is not legitimate?
Maybe you could answer how a book would say that Abraham would become famous and then later on, thousands of years later, almost the whole world knows Abraham?
And this is what I mean when I said that the only proof you guys would accept is SEEING God. Well, I cannot do that for you. He could if He wanted, but I cannot show Him to you lol
Don't expect me to answer your questions if you don't provide chapter and verse?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
So in the bible if Isaiah (It wasnt him that knew what would happen but just for kicks) said "Israel will become a nation again" and then 2000 years later it happens, how does that not count for anything? lol
'Just for kÝcks' is not chapter and verse.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled."
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect me to answer your questions if you don't provide chapter and verse?
Was I talking to you there?
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
If I expected you to answer I would have asked you lol

lol
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled."
Everything in the NT was done in an attempt to fulfill scripture. Trying to fulfill it is a good way to break it. These things just happen and they are events in the Messiahs life. Prophecy covers the Messiahs' whole life, not just the last week. Psalm 139:16 "...and in your book all my members were written". The "crucifixion" would happen in the Messiahs' childhood, and the "betrayal" at the beginning of his ministry.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I talking to you there?
Yes. You're still flapping your jaw about the Abraham and Israel things.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Whats left to explain? You should be the one explaining why Israel exists as a nation again just like the prophets said.
2. You should explain why the world knows about Abraham just as Abraham was told would happen
3. You should explain why the Mesha Stele is speaking of the God of Israel.
Those are just three examples of all that I have. But noone addressed it. So its on YOU to explain why what I said is not proof of anything. Why, God said something thousands of years ago (or someone wrote that down thousands of years ago) and it came to pass just like it says. Thats on YOU to explain not me.
Silly rabbit 15th heres where I was talking to you. Care to explain or just continue to derail?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,361 - 1,380 of2,170
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 3 min Cookie_Parker 76,959
Christians, please explain this to me... 49 min Cisco Kid 2,952
The King James Bible Still Remains 1 hr timmy 2
Openly Gay Bishop to lead Easter Breakfast clos... 1 hr Cisco Kid 14
Introducing The Universal Religion 1 hr Cisco Kid 738
Mormons are cool 1 hr Cisco Kid 4
JESUS DID NOT TAKE YOUR PLACE on THE CROSS 3 hr susanblange 65
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 3 hr Gary Coaldigger 5,792
•••