<quoted text>
YES!,... maybe he'd be wrong,... NO???
So he'd be wrong? Lol you make no sense
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#2156 Sep 21, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a figure of speech lol. I know 10uhsee was not trembling at the question. But he didnt want to answer it which is why he kept including everybody else when I was specifically asking him. Thats fine though because in the end, he admitted he didnt know if God existed or not.
Figure of speech or not...it seems to be a theme of yours and others. That because another party is reluctant to say what you want them to say it somehow moves your argument forward...

I'll ask again, what's so important to your argument that I/others must say, "I dont know." over, "I dont believe in, I dont come to the same conclusion"...etc...as you about this, or any God...?

I think I know what the reason is, but I wont say what I think it is till I get more feedback...

Another thing. Its appears to be perfectly acceptable for a Believer to make the declarative, "I know there is a God!" While its not okay for non-believers to express the opposite, "I know there is no God/s!" For some reason I don't fully understand, we're the ones who MUST always take the position of "I dont know", while Believers get the free-pass of "I KNOW!" (Of course all without their having any proof.)

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#2157 Sep 21, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Figure of speech or not...it seems to be a theme of yours and others. That because another party is reluctant to say what you want them to say it somehow moves your argument forward...
I'll ask again, what's so important to your argument that I/others must say, "I dont know." over, "I dont believe in, I dont come to the same conclusion"...etc...as you about this, or any God...?
I think I know what the reason is, but I wont say what I think it is till I get more feedback...
Another thing. Its appears to be perfectly acceptable for a Believer to make the declarative, "I know there is a God!" While its not okay for non-believers to express the opposite, "I know there is no God/s!" For some reason I don't fully understand, we're the ones who MUST always take the position of "I dont know", while Believers get the free-pass of "I KNOW!" (Of course all without their having any proof.)
So, if an atheist comes to the forum and declares 'I know god does not exist' the fundie demands proof but when the fundie declares 'I know god exists' and anyone demands proof the fundie replies 'Prove god doesn't exist'.

My suspicion is stupidity is key to fundie logic.
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#2158 Sep 21, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if an atheist comes to the forum and declares 'I know god does not exist' the fundie demands proof but when the fundie declares 'I know god exists' and anyone demands proof the fundie replies 'Prove god doesn't exist'.
My suspicion is stupidity is key to fundie logic.
You'd be correct in your assessment good Sir.

Believers won't (and cant) prove what they claim is a positive, but demand non-believers prove their negative. Stupidity is how Fundies roll...and roll and roll...but for some reason do gather moss in the crenelations of their brains...
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#2159 Sep 22, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
OK... I need to know some things first.
1) Why would I say something like that with no proof first?
2) Nobody knew anything about the universe. That knowledge had not been discovered yet. So Again, why am I saying anything about another planet or anything about the universe?
To answer your question I need to know this as well. Why do you assume I would make a claim with no proof? That is what you do.
Yea I thought you would avoid the question. Point being, you wouldnt be able to prove that statement at the time. So that means you're wrong right?
Punisher

Brooklyn, NY

#2160 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea and I forgot to add here, if we're in biblical times and you said "there is another planet like earth in the universe" and I asked you for proof... Because you cannot provide proof means you're wrong?
Yes or No?
Another silly scenario...as "they" didnt even know there was a Universe! Much less other planets, as we now define a planet.

You/others cant keep doing this...trying to force a modern perspective on an ancient period of time. We, today, cant apply modern POV's on this ancient past...its a weakness of all Believers, and they've been doing it for centuries and is why Xtianity is such a jumble of quasi-doctrinal and urban beliefs...its why modern American Xtianity is such a jumble-phuck of ideas and beliefs...its whatever the modern Believer wishes it to be...but its certainly has no bearing on the ancient past and those peoples beliefs.
Punisher

Brooklyn, NY

#2161 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I thought you would avoid the question. Point being, you wouldnt be able to prove that statement at the time. So that means you're wrong right?
What was proof in those days?

(1 CE) Claimant; "I have a 15 foot tall donkey."
Listener; "Yeah, lets see it!"

Claimant; "My son is a gifted healer, he raised his dead cousin."
Listener; "Really? Can he heal my auntie?"

And off they go...one thing is not believed out of hand, as its a truly observable thing, while the other demands no proof, as it plays into a ubiquitous mind-set of superstition and folklore and still coalescing Religious beliefs that were a part of the very fabric of those peoples lives! Step on a crack meant you did break your mommas back! Literally!

Claimant; "There is another planet like ours."
Listener; "Uh...whats a planet?"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2162 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, remember me?

There are a lot of people on here claiming that there is a God.
But the proof for it is missing, explanations but no proof.

What everybody can see everywhere and all the time is that Chaos rules!
Should we not believe what we actually can see?
Punisher

Brooklyn, NY

#2163 Sep 22, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, remember me?

That last sentence is a good one.
Punisher

Brooklyn, NY

#2164 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the Religious claims made then, before and after - ALL remain UNPROVED thru time...!

That a modern era (even a few hundred years later) fact couldn't be proven in the ancient past is irrelevant to the FACTS that NO Religious claim has ever BEEN PROVED. And it sure looks like there is no chance they ever will be..!
Flygerian

Chickasha, OK

#2165 Sep 22, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Another silly scenario...as "they" didnt even know there was a Universe! Much less other planets, as we now define a planet.
So these people were so stupid in your eyes that they couldnt EVEN CONTEMPLATE that there could be life besides themselves?
Punisher wrote:
You/others cant keep doing this...trying to force a modern perspective on an ancient period of time. We, today, cant apply modern POV's on this ancient past...its a weakness of all Believers, and they've been doing it for centuries and is why Xtianity is such a jumble of quasi-doctrinal and urban beliefs...its why modern American Xtianity is such a jumble-phuck of ideas and beliefs...its whatever the modern Believer wishes it to be...but its certainly has no bearing on the ancient past and those peoples beliefs.
Actually I was proving my point. And since you didnt answer (along with others that responded) my point was proven. Just because he did not have proof at that time did not mean he was wrong

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#2166 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
So he'd be wrong? Lol you make no sense
Maybe not but it is a perfectly reasonable response to your nonsensical question.

You're really full of it, Fly. Perhaps you're the only one who doesn't see it.

God bless you.
Flygerian

Chickasha, OK

#2167 Sep 22, 2013
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, remember me?
What appears to the eyes is not always what is.. Just as we look into the sky and see stars, they do not look like what it does from our perspective. Just dots. Get closer and you see the star for what it truly is.

Not to mention what is proof? On onehand you accept written documents as proof to George Washington's existence. But the fact that many civilizations claim beings came to them from out of this world and that is not proof?
Flygerian

Chickasha, OK

#2168 Sep 22, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Yet the Religious claims made then, before and after - ALL remain UNPROVED thru time...!
That a modern era (even a few hundred years later) fact couldn't be proven in the ancient past is irrelevant to the FACTS that NO Religious claim has ever BEEN PROVED. And it sure looks like there is no chance they ever will be..!
Actually they will be. Eventually you'll see if there is God or not. And there is lol

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#2169 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they will be. Eventually you'll see if there is God or not. And there is lol
Magic Jesus Decoder Ring. Final Answer.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#2170 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
So these people were so stupid in your eyes that they couldnt EVEN CONTEMPLATE that there could be life besides themselves?
<quoted text>
Actually I was proving my point. And since you didnt answer (along with others that responded) my point was proven. Just because he did not have proof at that time did not mean he was wrong
In your imaginary universe all declarations are true until proven otherwise. In that case I'm going to go with the fact that the corpse of Jesus Christ is buried under Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome while I look back and see if you actually tried to make a point.

God bless you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#2171 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Oh yea and I forgot to add here, if we're in biblical times and you said "there is another planet like earth in the universe" and I asked you for proof... Because you cannot provide proof means you're wrong?
Yes or No?"

If we're in superstitious mumbo jumbo and if someone claimed there is another planet like ours and if I asked for proof ....
Yes or No?

"Since you didn't answer" what? It seems your proof lacks something.

God bless you.
Flygerian

Chickasha, OK

#2172 Sep 22, 2013
Why are you still talking to me? lol Am I on your mind this much that even when I ignore you you cant stop posting to me?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#2173 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
Why are you still talking to me? lol Am I on your mind this much that even when I ignore you you cant stop posting to me?
I'm not talking to you. The skull of an adult male musk ox is three inches thick. I'm simply pointing out that God blessed you with a haywired brain. You can take confort in the fact that a haywired brain is a prerequisite to sola scriptura fundamentalism.
Some have it worse than you. Some don't.

God bless you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2174 Sep 22, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
What appears to the eyes is not always what is.. Just as we look into the sky and see stars, they do not look like what it does from our perspective. Just dots. Get closer and you see the star for what it truly is.
Not to mention what is proof? On onehand you accept written documents as proof to George Washington's existence. But the fact that many civilizations claim beings came to them from out of this world and that is not proof?
There are many types of illusions, some caused by what our eyes are capable of seeing and some due to the way our brain will process this information, and our associations coming from that.

Most of these illusions are not what dominate our everyday life, and could also be one reason for a number of religious experiences like for instance the “near death” experiences.

But what we can see with our eyes in many different situations in broad daylight and additionally can “see” by plain logics in addition; that is as close to rock bottom truth as anyone can get!

You might learn some basics about the fundamental force that rules everything here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 13 min adelaide 1,359
Faith during hard times 1 hr Rand M Sutor 86
judgment coming to america 1 hr adelaide 110
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 1 hr Big Al 53
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 1 hr adelaide 2,321
Israel is anti christ, literally 2 hr adelaide 112
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 2 hr adelaide 1,549
More from around the web