Comments
181 - 200 of 2,170 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2014
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

#184 Jul 26, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
My turn. Does the book of Genesis suggest that the reason the language was scattered was because they were about to reach heaven?
Yes, the multi languages were to make cooperation harder. And the tower was built to reach the heavens where the God/s lived and be like them...

This God took offense at the hubris, and knocked it down, and "afflicted" the people with different languages...so to make cooperation/agreement impossible.

Which only shows how truly not omniscient or omnipotent this God is...1. people did learn to understand each other, and 2. he could have prevented 1 in total. Made it impossible for us to understand other languages. Showing yet again how little he pays attention to the details of his plans.(so no way he created all this diverse life) He's simply not a very smart God that much is certain.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

#185 Jul 26, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe according to YOU they had different languages. Not according to what was written though
Genesis 11:1
Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.
The rest of your post is possible.
WTF!? We KNOW these languages already existed!

What was written in that silly book of yours was made up by ONE tribe, of a bunch of disjointed clans...to suit their own fairy-tales. It is NOT a real and true history lesson by any stretch, least of all of all the other tribes, clans, etc, in or out of that vicinity...who were creating their own myths, and folk-lore!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#186 Jul 26, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did God admit after he drowned all but those eight people? Do you recall?
He repented his mistake because he realized that humans would ALWAYS have evil thoughts, from childhood.
God, therefore, was unable to drown out the evil in humans beings, in which case he slaughtered all those people for no good reason.
Not only that, but since God said evil thoughts begins during CHILDHOOD, then every fetus that drowned in the flood before its brain had developed was innocent of any evil thoughts or actions.
God therefore drowned innocent humans, along with the people he drowned because he mistakenly assumed he could rid the earth of evil.
Either your God doesn't exist, or he's a malicious murdering monster.
Not much of a choice, is there? No wonder you're such a sick piece of crap - rather than admit the obvious, instead you choose to worship a demon.
God doesn't make mistakes. He made you exactly as He pleased.

Proverbs 16:4 (NKJV)
4 The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

Location hidden

#187 Jul 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Violent crime is on the decline,
Wanna go to Syria? Egypt? Detroit?

Location hidden

#188 Jul 26, 2013
The Seven Spirits of God wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to obey this commandment of Jesus Christ on this forum.
Matthew, Chapter 5, 39: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Which one of you is speaking?

Mark 5:9 (NKJV)
9 Then He asked him, "What is your name?" And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion; for we are many."

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#189 Jul 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
9 Then He asked him, "What is your name?" And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion; for we are many."
Tell us what that passage is about.

God bless you.

Location hidden

#190 Jul 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us what that passage is about.
God bless you.
Bible haters are demon oppressed.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#191 Jul 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible haters are demon oppressed.
I figured you didn't know.

God bless you.

Location hidden

#192 Jul 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you didn't know.
God bless you.
I know your fate:

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#193 Jul 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your fate:
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Grow up.

Location hidden

#194 Jul 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up.
Repent!

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#195 Jul 26, 2013
The narrative story about the tower of Babel has some moral aspects and it isnít that important whether or not it existed as told in the Bible, or we believe in any religion.

I see it as a symbolic picture for religion and the confusion among the believers, the intension was to build religion (the tower) into heaven, to make heaven and earth meet, but people couldnít agree in unity on how to do it.
Then they stopped working for the common cause and left the construction made from sun dried clay (words) to be washed away by rain (diverse opinions), sinking down in the mud where it still remains.

It is a good description for human nature and our free will and opinions; we want to do and see everything in our own way, the way that suits us.
The Seven Spirits of God

San Antonio, TX

#196 Jul 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
James, Chapter 3

13: Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14: But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15: This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16: For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17: But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18: And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#197 Jul 26, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Atheists ask for proof of YOUR claim. You are stating the claim of divine creation... we are asking for proof.
We simply say you have no proof to your claim so there is no reason to believe it.
Also, you have a double standard argument.
You say nothing comes from nothing and that you have to have a creator for something to exist.
YOU use a cop-out answer to say "God always existed." If something always requires a creator then who created your god? Saying he always existed or had no creator works against the rule (that YOU stated) that everything has to be created.
You have a double standard argument; It is as flawed as your logic.
Im not going to go over this again. If one says "there is no God" they have to prove their statement. That is, if that one says that the person that says "there is God!" has to prove their statement. Cant have it one way and not the other.

Lol when did I say that something always requires a creator?
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#198 Jul 26, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
They were scattered because God said it was inevitable that the tower would reach heaven:
"But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The Lord said,'If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
The next bit is interesting for another reason: "So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel ó because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth."
Two points: if it was called "Babel" AFTER it was destroyed and AFTER God confused everyone's language, then how did they all come to call it "Babel"?
And if God confused EVERYONE'S language, then how is it that entire civilizations of people spoke a common language immediately after God confused their language?
If every single human spoke a common language BEFORE the tower was destroyed by God, and everyone spoke a DIFFERENT language afterward, then at some point the "confused language" punishment must have worn off.
If that's true, then God FAILED to ensure that humans would never be able to speak a common language.
Your theology is fractured in so many ways, it's a wonder that people who believe it to be true haven't all been institutionalized.
I guess there just aren't enough mental hospitals to accommodate the world's Christians. Not yet, anyway, but one can dream, can't one?
If He was "worried" about them reaching heaven, why did He wait till AFTER they built the tower?

Gen 11:5
The LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#199 Jul 26, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I am agnostic on one thing, and that is what, if anything, created the universe in its original form (prior to the Big Bang.)
Please don't presuppose that I believe that something created the universe in its original form - what I am saying is that it may be possible that something did, and it may be possible that the universe always existed in one form or another.
If something did create the universe (which we may never know), I don't believe that we'll ever know what that something was or is.
But again, I do know for sure that if that something exists it is NOT the Christian God because, as I have previously proved, it is impossible for the Christian God to exist by definition(i.e. a god that is omniscient AND granted humans free will is an impossibility.)
As for people who state that everything came from nothing, I don't know how or if that is knowable, and I am not one of those people.
If you're "agnostic" why are you arguing with me? I clearly stated that atheists make the claim that there is no God. Therefore according to the logic of debate that they use they have to prove their claim.

Well speak to a christian about the christian god lol

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#200 Jul 26, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're "agnostic" why are you arguing with me? I clearly stated that atheists make the claim that there is no God. Therefore according to the logic of debate that they use they have to prove their claim.
Well speak to a christian about the christian god lol
Atheists saying 'There is no God'?

Please be kind enough to name names.

I don't say there is no God though I have no proof but you say you have proof. Are you prepared to put that proof on the table? I think not. Perhaps you have no proof at all. Is that actually the case?

God bless you.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#201 Jul 27, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Now that you've admitted that the Bible should not be taken 100% as literal truth, you've opened the ultimate Pandora's Box.

2. We know exactly how the pyramids were built. You don't, because you don't stay informed. As for ancient knowledge being lost (because of marauding Christians who destroyed entire libraries), how does that have any bearing on the fact that humans evolved from hominids?

3a. The space program was NEVER intended to promote world peace, it was always about competition and gaining a technological edge over other countries. You've committed the Straw Man logical fallacy.

3b. From what you "here" doesn't make it so. And if people get their belief system from a fictional film, does is therefore follow that when the outcome they expected doesn't transpire at the believed time that it will NEVER happen?

4. I sincerely believe you have cognitive issues. You seem to have great difficulty following a logical argument, and you appear to be unable to begin with a valid premise when you formulate your own arguments.
1. Do you ever read the sports page? Do you think the SF Giants winning the World Series was an allegory? When a sports writer says the Baltimore Ravens slaughtered, destroyed, murdered, annihilated the Miami Dolphins; I 'assume'(at the risk of a certain word being broken down) that you understand that to mean that a significant number of points was racked up on the scoreboard creating a lop-sided score. And that you do 'not' understand the sports writer to suggest that physical destruction was implemented on said losing team.

What exactly is the problem that you have with ancient Hebrew writers using "figure of speech"?

2. The statement had nothing to do with "alleged" hominids. And no we don't know exactly how they were built. There are numerous 'theories' on how they were built. There are those who 'think' they know how they were built. Until we actually produce a pyramid identical to the ancient Egyptian pyramids, it's basically a lot of talk. I'm not claiming that we cannot build one. But as of yet, we 'don't' know 'exactly' how they did it.

3 a. That depends on whether or not you're talking about underlying motives of those in power, or what is being projected to the public. When we talk about globalization, the idea that many have is that the world will unite in peace once we remove borders. Those in power who promote the idea probably have ulterior motives. Eventually we see the masks fall off, but usually not right away.

Yes, world peace is a fairly common theme in the discussion of space travel. Competition by the way is not exclusive of communal peace. It may seem that way if you go to a Raider game. But the general idea is that the crowd at attendance of any sporting event is there to share a good time with those who root for the other team.

3 b. I would suggest that that particular film, like many, portrayed what many people 'already' think.

4. Hopefully your numerous misconceptions have been clear up.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#202 Jul 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists saying 'There is no God'?
Please be kind enough to name names.
I don't say there is no God though I have no proof but you say you have proof. Are you prepared to put that proof on the table? I think not. Perhaps you have no proof at all. Is that actually the case?
God bless you.
Go back and answer my last post. Im not going to jump around with you lol

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#203 Jul 27, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and answer my last post. Im not going to jump around with you lol
I did answer your question. You are the only one saying you have proof of anything but you can't produce that proof.

God bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 21 min dollarsbill 298
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,092
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 2 hr dollarsbill 135
New Nightmares: ISIS Crossing Border; Sleeper C... 2 hr The truth works 2
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 2 hr Hell-Sucks 464
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Hell-Sucks 13,736
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr dollarsbill 2,869
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••