Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#287 Aug 15, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think all of those people burning in hell because they ate shrimp or pork might have ligitimate complaint if you get into heaven while they didn't?
Not keeping kosher is not a deadly sin. God made those laws for our own health. There are 7 deadly sins which most of us have not committed. Different cultures eat different things that another culture would not touch. It all depends on how you were raised.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#288 Aug 15, 2014
susanblange wrote:
God made those laws for our own health.
You just said YOU are God. lol

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#289 Aug 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>You just said YOU are God. lol
I also am not ashamed of my hope.

Location hidden

#290 Aug 15, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I also am not ashamed of my hope.
You hope you're God?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#291 Aug 15, 2014
Hell-Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not saying the Jews of the time didn't sin. All sin then and now but for Jesus. That is why they sacrificed bulls and rams etc. day and night. It was only a temporary sacrifice for each sin. That didn't condemn them to hell. Their daily sacrifices that offered no salvation were leading up to the One and final sacrifice at Calvary that wash those that believe on Him clean on that Great Day ....
That's not the point. The point is that eating shrimp or pork was a sin was it not?

Location hidden

#292 Aug 15, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point. The point is that eating shrimp or pork was a sin was it not?
Which has nothing to do with Christian. This is the Christian Forum, FYI.

“Let Your Heart Shine”

Since: May 14

Lincoln, NE

#293 Aug 15, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is I don't live in the past and that petty. That applied to the Jews of the time. How if effects them is their concern, not mine. I am not accountable for others sins and much better things to focus on than sin ......

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#294 Aug 15, 2014
Armed Dangerous wrote:
Some of you people need to understand something. Jesus himself said He have come not to do away with the law, but to fulfill the law. Now what part of this you people don't understand?
A handful of fundies have gone through all manner of Biblical contortions attempting to force-fit their delusions to this simple verse. Before I explain this, preacherman, I'd like you to tell us 'what part of that you do understand."

Location hidden

#295 Aug 15, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Try the Judaism Forum. You can read MANY excuses why they don't obey Moses there.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism

You can ask them but I suspect all you'll get is excuses.

“honestly politically incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#296 Aug 15, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
A handful of "FUNDIES" have gone through all manner of "BIBLICAL CONTORTIONS" attempting to "FORCE-FIT THEIR DELUSIONS" to this simple verse.
Atheist proven.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#297 Aug 15, 2014
Hell-Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. It was only temporary absolution, not salvation. Moses gave them no such thing and there is nothing in the Bible that states such. There was no salvation until Jesus was crucified ....
Complete BS. There is no such thing as a "temporary" absolution. Either the sin is absolved or it is not. Can you show me ANY verse from the Torah that says that atonement is not really real?

#298 Aug 15, 2014
Armed Dangerous wrote:
Some of you people need to understand something. Jesus himself said He have come not to do away with the law, but to fulfill the law. Now what part of this you people don't understand?
The bigger question is: Why do you persist in pretending that you DO understand it?

Jesus was in Jerusalem to fulfill the law that stated that he HAD to travel to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of the Passover if he was able to make the trip. Had he lived, next year he would have once again had to travel to Jerusalem to fulfill the law, and again the year after that, for as long as he was healthy enough to make the trip.

Location hidden

#299 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete BS. There is no such thing as a "temporary" absolution. Either the sin is absolved or it is not. Can you show me ANY verse from the Torah that says that atonement is not really real?
The Law smorgasbord

#300 Aug 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Law smorgasbord
Yes, EXACTLY what xians are always trying to do with the Law, worship some parts, ignore the rest.

“Let Your Heart Shine”

Lincoln, NE

#301 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Atonement for sin has nothing to do with salvation. All are sinners, and salvation is ONLY offered through the sacrifice of Christ, no other way ....

Location hidden

#302 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, EXACTLY what xians are always trying to do with the Law, worship some parts, ignore the rest.
I was referring to YOU and all the Law preachers here. You're preachers not doers.

“Let Your Heart Shine”

Lincoln, NE

#303 Aug 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to YOU and all the Law preachers here. You're preachers not doers.
And also not a Christian. I've known his crap for years, just another basher ....
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#304 Aug 16, 2014
Hell-Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is I don't live in the past and that petty. That applied to the Jews of the time. How if effects them is their concern, not mine. I am not accountable for others sins and much better things to focus on than sin ......
So then in the past eating shrimp or pork was a sin meaning that there probably are people condemned to hell because they ate shrimp or pork in the past but now eating shrimp or pork is OK.

If you had been unlucky enough to be born when eating shrimp or pork was a sin and you are condemned to hell because of it don't you think it might seem a little unjust, to you, to see people who freely ate shrimp or pork zooming right up into heaven?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#305 Aug 16, 2014
Armed Dangerous wrote:
President George Washington declared, "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."
Our 7th President, Andrew Jackson, said of the Word of God,"...it is the rock on which our Republic rests.
President Abraham Lincoln stated, "I regard for this Great Book, I have this to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book."
Its time that all true Christian America's stand up and be counted as true Christian and take our country back from Satan and his demon's, so we can be counted as one Nation under God again. Do you think we can do this, tell me why we can or why we can't!
Thomas Jefferson did not believe in the Trinity, and he said so:

"The hocus-pocus phantasm of a God like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads, had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and thousands of martyrs." -- Letter to James Smith, December 8, 1822

Thomas Jefferson did not believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, and he said so:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors." -- Jefferson's letter to John Adams, April 11 1823

Historian Barry Schwartz writes: "George Washington's practice of Christianity was limited and superficial because he was not himself a Christian... He repeatedly declined the church's sacraments. Never did he take communion, and when his wife, Martha, did, he waited for her outside the sanctuary... Even on his deathbed, Washington asked for no ritual, uttered no prayer to Christ, and expressed no wish to be attended by His representative." [New York Press, 1987, pp. 174-175]

One of the many attacks on our country from the Religious Right is the claim that our country is a Christian Nation...not just that the majority of people are Christians, but that the country itself was founded by Christians, for Christians. However, a little research into American history will show that this statement is a lie. Those people who spread this lie are known as Christian Revisionists.
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers...

You can NOT take back something that was NEVER yours in the first place!!!
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#306 Aug 16, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Not keeping kosher is not a deadly sin. God made those laws for our own health. There are 7 deadly sins which most of us have not committed. Different cultures eat different things that another culture would not touch. It all depends on how you were raised.
So you think the 613 mitzvot which the Bible says were given to Moses by “God” are just guidelines for a good and healthy life not necessarily commandments, the violation of which is considered a sin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 13 min Big Al 2,812
Scripture 25 min messianic114 156
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? (Jan '16) 30 min Allen Richards 194
Intelligent People Question Everything 33 min BARNS Bro 14
Bible Interpretation 45 min Big Al 439
YESHUA SAID DONT TRUST Pharisses!!!! 46 min BARNS Bro 114
Relationship with Jesus?????!!!! 49 min little lamb 13
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security (Sep '15) 2 hr 0smius 4,087
Mother Teresa a Saint? What a cruel Joke!!! 4 hr Thinking 159
More from around the web