The atheists’ dilemma: whom do you thank when there’s no God to be grateful to?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of1,147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism and the make believe stuff people believe in. Agnosticism. Naturalism.
No shit? Then why are the number of atheists continuing to grow?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
Atheists, you can't deny the changed lives that happen when someone comes to Christ Jesus. Whether you believe in Christ or not everyone will bow before Him someday.
Theists, you can't deny the changed lives when they opened their eyes to reality and saw Jesus as just another in a long line of savior myths.

Whether you believe in the FSM or not, everyone will be touched by his noodly appendage someday.

“For The Love Of GOD”

Since: Nov 11

Awaiting My Home

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a true Christian can't lose their salvation since we are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption.
Some people fake being Christians for show, community standing, etc. The new age feel good churches are filled with the unsaved, people who never truly got saved aka born again. A true Christian bears good fruit.
Oh yes, I certainly agree with that. Anybody can wear the "Christian" hat when they wish. I can attach to myself any label I wish, there is no law against doing that. Man can often be fooled by those labels, but God never will be. He sees from within us.

“Think for Yourself”

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point. The living between the time you are born and then die does not mean anything. You can tell yourself while you are alive it means something but the reality is that it does not. Once you die and cease to exist it matters not to the universe nor to you.
For you to say that a non believer's life is pointless, meaningless and absurd, is arrogance in the extreme. If you wish to talk about something that is pointless, meaningless and absurd, then let's talk about you spending your time thanking some imaginary sky fairy for whatever it is you feel thankful for. My life has an abundance of meaning and purpose. I have lived most of it, but if the remainder is as good as what has gone before, I shall die a happy man. You have said of those that disagree with you that they, "provide a great opportunity to refute their nonsense for all the world to see." You have refuted nothing. The only thing there for all the world to see is that you are a typical intolerant fundie who thinks he is superior to those who do not follow his superstitious beliefs. Life is wonderful and I think you need to get one!

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point. The living between the time you are born and then die does not mean anything. You can tell yourself while you are alive it means something but the reality is that it does not.
The problem here is you are relying on your own, apologetics guided, world view to understand how I (and other non-Christians) see things. I understand you would like your approach to be the only one to give life meaning. However, in reality, people live complete and meaningful lives without having to depend on your (or any other) deity belief for guidance.
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you die and cease to exist it matters not to the universe nor to you.
Do you know everything about the universe? No? Then how do you know how our deaths impact on it? IMHO you are much too fixated on your own restrictive world view. You need to be more open minded about things.

Made in Yorkshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Romans Road wrote:
Atheists, you can't deny the changed lives that happen when someone comes to Christ Jesus. Whether you believe in Christ or not everyone will bow before Him someday.
Philippians 2:10-11
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Why not accept the free gift of salvation?
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 10:9-
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Well if the bible says so it MUST be true.

Made in Yorkshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff, as you can see these stupid, dumb posters just keep attacking every post you make. I admire you for hanging in there but please DO NOT EVER click on the links they provide. They love to collect information on posters then threaten them with it. Just look at what they have done and continue to do with Native.
Are you taking time off from having your wrinkles filled with concrete?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Steve wrote:
Since atheist don't believe in God, to whom are they thankful for their very existence? If we are just accidents why be thankful?
Mom and Dad had sex and I was the result. Did you not learn this in school?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no purpose in evolution. Evolution does not plan or have goals or purposes for living things.
Sure it does.People made up gods to control people like you. Works to well IMO as 40% of Americans don't think and believe as you do.
danielle

Harpenden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this make sense? Anyone? Anyone at all?
Evolution cannot have accidents. Evolution cannot accidentally do anything. Accidents are our interpretation of events and not the events themselves.

“Think for Yourself”

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Steve wrote:
Since atheist don't believe in God, to whom are they thankful for their very existence? If we are just accidents why be thankful?
I bet you were an accident. I'm sure your parents never meant to bring a tosser like you into the world!

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and Dad had sex and I was the result. Did you not learn this in school?
Prefer not to think about the parents sex life.I'll just carry on believing the stork brought me. The mental images are easier this time of day.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit? Then why are the number of atheists continuing to grow?
To be expected if bible prophecy is correct.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>
Prefer not to think about the parents sex life.I'll just carry on believing the stork brought me. The mental images are easier this time of day.
Weren't you parents young and pretty back when you were conceived?
Change your mental images too that of young lovers.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>To be expected if bible prophecy is correct.
Were still waiting for the Nile river to dry up and be parched and dry.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>To be expected if bible prophecy is correct.
More so if it's a bunch of bull.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a true Christian can't lose their salvation since we are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption.
Some people fake being Christians for show, community standing, etc. The new age feel good churches are filled with the unsaved, people who never truly got saved aka born again. A true Christian bears good fruit.
You don't even know what 'born again' means.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
At least with the existence of God there can be a purpose to it. Without Him it means nothing.
And the only purpose to your life is to suck-up to some angry, vain and vindictive “God” so that you can be rewarded with eternal bliss? You think this entire universe was created simply to give you an opportunity to achieve some vaguely understood state of existence called eternal bliss? That seems kind of self-centered and shallow to me.

"When science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it."— Bernard Bailey
Romans Road

Fortville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know what 'born again' means.

John 3:3-7
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you parents young and pretty back when you were conceived?
Change your mental images too that of young lovers.
They were a good looking couple as it happens but still I'd prefer not to imagine too much.:)

I expect my own kids think similarly about me and their father.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of1,147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••