The atheists’ dilemma: whom do you th...

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#711 Nov 29, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
Then, why don't you go to a moderated forum? Hmmmm? Is it because YOU would be banned? LOL!
I do post almost every day on moderated forums. My point is wasted on all your phony rcc haters. If any of you could present a cogent argument in a civilized manner I would not mind but you can't. All you can do is constantly post insults, name calling, etc. That is what would get you banned. Not your theological opinion.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#712 Nov 29, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, why don't you go to a moderated forum? Hmmmm? Is it because YOU would be banned? LOL!
He wouldn't like it. He can't even get along with people like him.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#713 Nov 29, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
He wouldn't like it. He can't even get along with people like him.
I agree! LOL!

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#716 Nov 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
I do post almost every day on moderated forums. My point is wasted on all your phony rcc haters. If any of you could present a cogent argument in a civilized manner I would not mind but you can't. All you can do is constantly post insults, name calling, etc. That is what would get you banned. Not your theological opinion.
Are you referring to the oasis of apologetics and misrepresentation of the other's views known as the Carm forums?

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/forum.php

A place where atheists are limited to their their own section while Christians are able to post wherever they want. The comments of the Christians who post in the atheist section are not exactly sweetness and light. In fact I would say all they "can do is constantly post insults, name calling, etc". They are not moderated or banned.

US 62 @ US 81

#717 Nov 30, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the oasis of apologetics and misrepresentation of the other's views known as the Carm forums?
A place where atheists are limited to their their own section while Christians are able to post wherever they want. The comments of the Christians who post in the atheist section are not exactly sweetness and light. In fact I would say all they "can do is constantly post insults, name calling, etc". They are not moderated or banned.
CARM is not the only forum I post on.@ CARM there is a reason why certain groups are restricted to specific sub-forums and why some groups are prohibited from posting at all. Matt explains it on the forum.
As for banning you don't have a clue. I have seen 3-4 people suspended recently. I was suspended a few times when I first joined the forum. Once for asking someone if English was their first language. The suspension/banning procedures are clearly explained in the rules.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#718 Nov 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove it did not happen? I didn't think so. Just another brain dead atheist spouting hate.
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
As with all anti-Christian idiots you can only resort to infantiloes insults.
You seem to be a hypocritical troll and nothing more.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#719 Nov 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Justin Martyr, writing around A.D. 150, spoke of Mark’s Gospel as “the memoirs of Peter.” He suggested that Mark wrote down his material when he was in Itasly (which concurs with other early tradition which indicates that the gospel of Mark was penned in Rome for the benefit of the Christians there. Iraeneus (writing approx. A.D. 185) referred to Mark as “the disciple and interpreter of Peter.” Most famously, Papias, the bishop of Hieropolis (writing approx. A.D. 140) wrote,
“And the presbyter [the Apostle John] said this: Mark, having become the interpreter of Peter, wrote down accurately whatsoever he remembered. It was not, however, in exact order that he related the sayings or deeds of Christ. For he neither heard the Lord nor accompanied Him. But afterwards, as I said, he accompanied Peter, who accommodated his instructions to the necessities [of his hearers], but with no intention of giving a regular narrative of the Lord’s sayings. Wherfore Mark made no mistake in thus writing some sayings as he remembered them. For one thing he took especial care, not to omit anything he had heard, and not to put anything fictitious into the statements.” CrossExamined Blog
So, no you do not have any evidence.... you just have some wishful speculation. It is obvious you don't know the difference between the two.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#720 Nov 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about all you are capable of backbiting and childish gossip.
A BIG AMEN!!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#721 Nov 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about all you are capable of backbiting and childish gossip.
Tough luck, chimp. You shouldn't have admitted you wallow in that dung heap, CARM.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#722 Nov 30, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough luck, chimp. You shouldn't have admitted you wallow in that dung heap, CARM.
And the words for today is this, please read below....

And The Truth Shall Set You Free 15th!!
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#723 Nov 30, 2012
Censorship is a religitard's friend.
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#724 Nov 30, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no you do not have any evidence.... you just have some wishful speculation. It is obvious you don't know the difference between the two.
Actually this is quite good historical evidence. Most secular claims don't have this kind support.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#725 Nov 30, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> And the words for today is this, please read below....
And The Truth Shall Set You Free 15th!!
The truth is Catholics are Christians and CARM denies it but if you don't believe me come on down and spend an hour in my little mission church and see for yourself.

Saturday night is your best bet. That Mass is in English. Be forwarned, I'm probably the only native English speaker there who's not intimidated by speaking in public so you'll probably have to listen to me reading scripture.

God bless you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#726 Nov 30, 2012
What am I thinking? You would be quite welcome to read the scripture. Nothing like a change of scenery to brighten up the day.

I know you can't make a special trip but if you're ever in the neighborhood drop me a line.

God bless you.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#727 Nov 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this is quite good historical evidence. Most secular claims don't have this kind support.
Actually, it's just hearsay, but you'll believe anything.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#728 Nov 30, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
What in ancient history is not hearsay?
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#729 Nov 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What in ancient history is not hearsay?
Do you know of any archaological evidence or objective evidence that supports the gospels or just hearsay?

If you don't know what objective evidence means, go ask a professior or get an education.

US 62 @ US 81

#730 Nov 30, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Any place that has rules and won't let bigoted, biased idiots like you act like the as ses you act like here is a "dung heap!"

US 62 @ US 81

#731 Nov 30, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Censorship is a religitard's friend.
<quoted text>
Right! The man that spends his money to maintain a discussion forum does not have the right to decide the rules for that forum. Talk about regitard!

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Palo Alto, CA

#732 Nov 30, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
What, exactly, are you calling hearsay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 27 min Atheistgirl 277
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 8,340
Evidence Against God 2 hr Atheistgirl 3,915
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Atheistgirl 20,069
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 3 hr KAB 1,373
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 4 hr Taranis 6
Spirit bodies. 5 hr Taranis 56
GS, defend this defamation of my character with... (Oct '12) 5 hr Atheistgirl 972
Let's have a discussion, HG. (Oct '12) 5 hr Atheistgirl 181
More from around the web