First Prev
of 47
Next Last

“Jesus, My Lord and My God”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#1 Oct 17, 2007
I would love to hear other opinions on this matter as it is a major topic in our Christian community. I am strongly Oneness and believe in One God who is our Father and this One God who is our Father manifested himself in flesh (1 Tim 3: 16) and inside the flesh which is Jesus dwells the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Col 2: 9). I believe Jesus is the One True God of the OT and beside God who is our Father is no other God. I believe that the distinction between the Father and Son are Spirit and Flesh, not distinction in persons. I've talked about this topic to many others before but i love hearing other peoples opinions on this. Lets speak out of Love, God bless

What do you believe?
Franky

United States

#2 Oct 17, 2007
I believe you are a heretic for saying Jesus is God the Father.

Show me where Isaiah called Jesus our father. Isaiah never knew Jesus. He lived before Jesus' time. Isaiah was a Jew and had no concept of the Trinity. Get your history straight. According to trinitarian theology God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are three distinct entities in the Trinity. God the Father did not die on the cross! To say this is heresy. God can never die. According to trinitarian belief, Jesus is God, but he is not God the Father. Any learned Christian will tell you this. Saying that Jesus is God the Father is one of the church's oldest heresies. It's called the heresy of Patripassionism, look it up because you seem to lack historical and theological knowledge.
Jesus is the word of God made flesh. Don't mix the two. Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists, any Trinitarian Christian will call you a heretic for saying Jesus is God the Father.
Or for saying Jesus is the Holy Ghost for that matter. Seriously, reconsider your thoughts because you are blaspheming. God the Father can never die, as Jesus died.

Jesus himself said, "My Father is greater than I", "My Father is greater than all", "I by the spirit of God cast out devils", "I speak not my own words but those of the one who sent me", "I can of my own self do nothing", "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me".

Is that proof enough for you? From Jesus' own mouth.
Saved By Grace

Olympia, WA

#3 Oct 17, 2007
They are 3 persons of a great giving.
God the Father
Jesus, God the Son,
Holy Spirit,

Seattle, WA

#4 Oct 17, 2007
Bro, i answered your questions in my poll. Im not arguing so please don't call me names. I just want to talk like humble Christians. God bless
Franky

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2007
But you're not a Christian. No Christian can say Jesus is God the Father. Please understand that this is a heresy. Imagine, God the Father being born of the virgin Mary. You are committing two major heresies:

1) Patripassionism: is a Christian heresy from the time of the early church. Its adherents believe that God the Father was incarnate and suffered on the cross. This is problematic because the Christian Scriptures record Jesus Christ as speaking to God the Father while he was on the cross. Sabellius, the founder, was a priest who was excommunicated from the Catholic Church by Pope Calixtus I in 220

2) Monarchianism: Models of resolving the relationship between the Father and the Son were proposed in the 2nd century, but later rejected as heretical by the Church when the doctrine of the Trinity was developed at the First Council of Constantinople, in which it was decided that God was one being that consisted of three persons: Heavenly Father, Resurrected Son, and Holy Spirit.

Therefore you cannot label yourself as Christian.
Franky

United States

#6 Oct 17, 2007
With all due respect. Please turn from those beliefs. Many times on this forum I will debate with many fellow Christians, be it Catholics or Protestants about many things like faith vs works or the Virgin Mary and each of us gives his/her viewpoint and we all have many different beliefs in some aspects, but one thing that we all agree on is that Jesus is not God the Father and that God the Father could not have died on the cross, that was for Jesus only to do. Please turn from that belief because it has long since been labeled a heresy.

“EPHESIANS 5:11”

Since: Aug 07

MATTHEW 18:11

#7 Oct 17, 2007
People, it is easy. if any of you go to a saminary class (bapstist, SDA, doesnt mater) you will be told that the trinity is not taught in the bible, it is assumed. now the only correct understanding of God would have to be semi-arian. do not get semi-arian mixed with arian. arian says that Jesus was created, semi-arian says that Jesus was birthed in eternity past.
Bible Talk

Wentzville, MO

#8 Oct 17, 2007
Apostolic Man wrote:
Bro, i answered your questions in my poll. Im not arguing so please don't call me names. I just want to talk like humble Christians. God bless
By this post I see you are not like most Oneness, you called the poster Bro, which oneness don't believe that anyone who is not baptized in the formula of Acts 2:38 are not saved. this is what alarms me with the oneness the most, that would be works not faith as taught in Eph 2:8-9 Romans 10:9-13 Acts 2:21. Peace
Franky

United States

#9 Oct 17, 2007
You can't birth an eternal. That would give it a beginning and nothing which is eternal has a beginning or an end. If it could be birthed it could be terminated as well.
Saved By Grace

Olympia, WA

#10 Oct 17, 2007
LUKE 1:37

Seattle, WA

#11 Oct 17, 2007
Franky wrote:
But you're not a Christian. No Christian can say Jesus is God the Father. Please understand that this is a heresy. Imagine, God the Father being born of the virgin Mary. You are committing two major heresies:
1) Patripassionism: is a Christian heresy from the time of the early church. Its adherents believe that God the Father was incarnate and suffered on the cross. This is problematic because the Christian Scriptures record Jesus Christ as speaking to God the Father while he was on the cross. Sabellius, the founder, was a priest who was excommunicated from the Catholic Church by Pope Calixtus I in 220
2) Monarchianism: Models of resolving the relationship between the Father and the Son were proposed in the 2nd century, but later rejected as heretical by the Church when the doctrine of the Trinity was developed at the First Council of Constantinople, in which it was decided that God was one being that consisted of three persons: Heavenly Father, Resurrected Son, and Holy Spirit.
Therefore you cannot label yourself as Christian.
Never mind, your not listening. Theirs no point in continuing this conversation because you keep saying the same things over and over again.

Seattle, WA

#12 Oct 17, 2007
Franky wrote:
With all due respect. Please turn from those beliefs. Many times on this forum I will debate with many fellow Christians, be it Catholics or Protestants about many things like faith vs works or the Virgin Mary and each of us gives his/her viewpoint and we all have many different beliefs in some aspects, but one thing that we all agree on is that Jesus is not God the Father and that God the Father could not have died on the cross, that was for Jesus only to do. Please turn from that belief because it has long since been labeled a heresy.
Your not debating at all but assuming and not listening, its hard to talk to people when they don't listen

Seattle, WA

#13 Oct 17, 2007
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>
By this post I see you are not like most Oneness, you called the poster Bro, which oneness don't believe that anyone who is not baptized in the formula of Acts 2:38 are not saved. this is what alarms me with the oneness the most, that would be works not faith as taught in Eph 2:8-9 Romans 10:9-13 Acts 2:21. Peace
Praise the lord, Bible Talks, if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, i will consider you my brother, we all just have different views of the nature of God. Frank isn't listening to me at all and just keeps assuming to much and calling me names so i quit and dust my shoes off. Bible, to win souls one must be wise and I will call anyone my brother or sister if they believe Jesus is the Son of God because we all are Christians with different views. I wasn't raised to believe that nobody isn't our brother or sister if they weren't oneness. We all are searching for the truth and that doesn't make me no better than others. Yet when it comes down to salvation, If the bible says your not saved then you aren't but i won't judge you, i would just try to help you understand the bible. I just try to speak out of humility. God bless
Franky

United States

#15 Oct 17, 2007
you're not listening. You never answered the question posed by other posters...who was Jesus talking to on the cross?

Seattle, WA

#16 Oct 17, 2007
Franky wrote:
you're not listening. You never answered the question posed by other posters...who was Jesus talking to on the cross?
I sure did answer.
Franky

United States

#17 Oct 17, 2007
I'll debate you on your other post because I don't want to repeat myself.

“EPHESIANS 5:11”

Since: Aug 07

MATTHEW 18:11

#18 Oct 18, 2007
Franky, it is believed that prov8:22 - 31 is the brith of Jesus in eternity. many teach that there was a point in eternity past when Jesus came into being. youre getting eternal and eternity mixed up
one has no begining and no end, the other just has no end.
Franky

United States

#19 Oct 18, 2007
you're getting it mixed up. Eternity is having no beginning and no end. IMMORTALITY is having no end. Just as in my field of biochemistry, we label some tumor cells IMMORTAL because there is no end to their reproduction, but they are not eternal because they had a beginning.
Signs of the Times

Littleton, CO

#20 Oct 18, 2007
1John 5:7 For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these THREE ARE ONE.

GODHEAD spoken of in ....

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the GODHEAD is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and GODHEAD; so that they are without excuse:

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the GODHEAD bodily.
Signs of the Times

Littleton, CO

#21 Oct 18, 2007
The Father can not be described by the things of earth. The Father is all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and is invisible to mortal sight. The Son is all the fullness of the Godhead manifested. The word of God declares Him to be "the express image of His person." "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Here is shown the personality of the Father.

The Comforter that Christ promised to send after He ascended to heaven, is the Spirit in all the fullness of the Godhead, making manifest the power of divine grace to all who receive and believe in Christ as a personal Saviour. There are three living persons of the heavenly trio. In the name of these three powers,--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will cooperate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rational Faith 8 min username 29
Before The Big Bang 36 min seenthisside 1,103
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 50 min seenthisside 384
Christian Churches? 1 hr susanblange 43
Congrats white people, highest TFR of all races... 2 hr susanblange 307
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 2 hr janeebee 4,339
The post count of Dollarsbill 4 hr ChristineM 1,127
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?