What is Adultery and Fornication, Acc...
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#145 Apr 13, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
A married woman can commit fornication. It means immoral sex. sex outside of marriage. adultery and fornication are alike but different. adultery is looking at another man with lust for him. fornication is going through with it and sleeping with him.:)
No, that's a slip. Read the thread. This page, at least.

Fornication means to have sex with a woman that is engaged. Not anyone having sex outwith
marriage. This matter is now proven.
The question was: what is fornication. That's why it is so funny to spot in the readings.

----------

- The Gospel is not the way you like to see it: it is the way it is.
- Jesus taught those who follow him only to Preach what he taught them - for they can never Teach you.

Calling The Unbeliever, Confronting The Lukewarm, Exposing The Hypocrite
Do Not Follow Men, Nor Churches! Come to Christ, says God!
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/christi...
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/baptism...

- Murder: the unauthorized (by God) killing of a creature
- Killing: the authorized (by God) putting to death of a creature
- Judging: In Christianity, the prohibited 'judging' is to execute a penalty upon another as retribution for their sins.
- CO1 5: 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
- Protect the Children from Satan in the Churches: http://www.silentlambs.org

Location hidden

#146 Apr 13, 2013
We must understand the words used in the bible according to their meaning back then, when they were used to be understood by the people back then.

That is what we have done here: and the matter is clear now.

Location hidden

#147 Apr 13, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
A married woman can commit fornication. It means immoral sex. sex outside of marriage. adultery and fornication are alike but different. adultery is looking at another man with lust for him. fornication is going through with it and sleeping with him.:)
Christians are all, one in christ, so yes, she can commit fornication. But what does it matter, oneor the other? The end is the same, if she is baptized.
little lamb

Australia

#148 Apr 13, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
Jesus said that the only exception for putting away a wife and marrying another woman was fornication (Mat 19:9, KJV). However, a wife cannot commit fornication, but rather adultery? As such, "Why do you suppose that Jesus said that the exception was fornication, rather than adultery?

Because fornication covers a multitude of sexual sin, bestiality. incest...and homosexuality...

It is breaking the oneness, to each other, of the covenant , a man and woman make in marriage.
little lamb

Australia

#149 Apr 13, 2013
Also what you believe affects your behavior v..Christians in the new covenant know that Jesus has given command for a man to leave his mother and father and he and his wife shall become one flesh..And what god has put together no man should put asunder

Where as a person who believes he evolved from a monkey...naturally behaves like a monkey..and thinks like a monkey, that he can have multiple females like a monkey

Seems the difference on one who believes in Christ jesus , behavior is to do the will of God., and a new creation of a man from heaven.

One who believe he is the product of monkey genes, behavior is animalistic and of the earth.

Location hidden

#150 Apr 14, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been able to find a single verse in the bible that claimed a married man having sex with a single woman was adultery, which would include Abraham having sex with his handmaid. David committed adultery because the woman he slept with was married.
We must be able to find this in the New Testament. The New Agreement.

Jesus teaches us that we must part from the flesh and attain to the spirit. That which is flesh shall not enter heaven, for only those who are hole and thus of the spirit
shall enter.

Thus Christians, according to the doctrine of Jesus, cannot sleep with other woman, like the Jews could. We are all one in Chris: what goes for one goes for the
other.

Also, those who are baptized, cannot be of the flesh, but must be of the spirit. Show me one proven minister that was having extra-marital affairs! You can't find one
REAL one!

This is the generation of Jesus: adultery and fornication can be committed by both man and woman.

Those whom are unbound are free and do not commit fornication when sleeping with eachother, but when they sleep with the married or the engaged. Thus,
wandering freely, loose and in lasciviousness, they are of the flesh. Therefore Christians turn from this and wed.

----------

- The Gospel is not the way you like to see it: it is the way it is.
- Jesus taught those who follow him only to Preach what he taught them - for they can never Teach you.

Calling The Unbeliever, Confronting The Lukewarm, Exposing The Hypocrite
Do Not Follow Men, Nor Churches! Come to Christ, says God!
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/christi...
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/baptism...

- Murder: the unauthorized (by God) killing of a creature
- Killing: the authorized (by God) putting to death of a creature
- Judging: In Christianity, the prohibited 'judging' is to execute a penalty upon another as retribution for their sins.
- CO1 5: 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
- Protect the Children from Satan in the Churches: http://www.silentlambs.org
MrQuban1

Peoria, IL

#151 Jun 19, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
Jesus said that the only exception for putting away a wife and marrying another woman was fornication (Mat 19:9, KJV). However, a wife cannot commit fornication, but rather adultery? As such, "Why do you suppose that Jesus said that the exception was fornication, rather than adultery?
I think you almost got it its just one thing you left out was the fact that marriage in the bible was the act of sex, sex=marriage, so the first person a woman laid with was considered her husband, that's why christ talks about adultery, because once a woman laid with some one else then they (male and female) have committed adultery, but nowdays we dont look at it like that, we should but we dont... So in other words, the only way not to commit aduletry is to sleep with a women who hasnt been laid with a "virgin" in todays sense.hope this helps brother shalom

Location hidden

#152 Jun 21, 2013

MAT 5: 32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
- How can your wife fornicate? Is it not adultery that a married person is guilty of when sexually violating? Or are the betrothed spouses regarded as married by Jesus, because they are engaged? Otherwise Jesus tells us that married spouses can have extra-marital sex, providing they do not engage in any activity with a engaged person.

CO1 5: 1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
- Now the definition of fornication seems altered again: not with the engaged but with a married father or mother. If we accept the first meaning, then literally, it should refer to the engaged violating with their parents.

CO1 7: 2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
- Paul here is speaking to the engaged and the single persons. Else, to whom?
be decieved by no man

Monterey, CA

#153 Mar 12, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Who cares what the silly old bible says.
The important question to answer is about honest conduct with any partner.
Anything else is just outdated bumfluffery.
silly old bible?... just outdated bumfluffery?.... I pray that you may have a pressing in your heart for the truth... by the holy spirit... because my friend you have truly been deceived. Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
I say this only out of love... because if I am ever to fall under deceit I would hope that someone would have the love to tell me the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 3 min Demon Finder 174
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 5 min KAB 1,845
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 5 min Justice Leaguer 20,321
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 11 min ROG 9,309
Dead Sea Scrolls Fail To Mention Jesus 1 hr KAB 41
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr KAB 5,734
Jesus admitted he isn't God, so why do Christia... (Oct '11) 2 hr Demon Finder 56
Design, Nowhere Evident 5 hr messianic114 255
More from around the web