First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#138 Sep 2, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do you believe that God, or a god/creator may exist (that we may have been created by an intelligent being)?
2. If you think it's possible, do you think the creator may poddibly be a 'loving' creator (loves it's creation, loves us)?
No to both, as I have neither seen nor heard anything that would convince me such a being existed. A kind and benevolent creator being, caring and watching out for its creation is a nice idea, but if such a being did exist it wouldn't be in the mould of the biblical god. The biblical creator has too much blood on its hands to be called "loving."
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#139 Sep 2, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
No to both, as I have neither seen nor heard anything that would convince me such a being existed. A kind and benevolent creator being, caring and watching out for its creation is a nice idea, but if such a being did exist it wouldn't be in the mould of the biblical god. The biblical creator has too much blood on its hands to be called "loving."
This is rather confusing because on the one hand you seem to be saying that you don't have any reason to believe 'any' creator (not identified with a religion like the god of deism) at all exists (involved in our creation). But then you seem to be focusing strictly on the God of the Bible not being a loving God.

If we just remove the God of the Bible for now from the question:

1. Do you think it's possible that a non-religion related deity/god/being/intelligent force may have created us?

2. If so, do you think it's possible that this being may love it's creation (including us)?

Somewhere in Ireland

#140 Sep 3, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
This is rather confusing because on the one hand you seem to be saying that you don't have any reason to believe 'any' creator (not identified with a religion like the god of deism) at all exists (involved in our creation). But then you seem to be focusing strictly on the God of the Bible not being a loving God.
If we just remove the God of the Bible for now from the question:
1. Do you think it's possible that a non-religion related deity/god/being/intelligent force may have created us?
2. If so, do you think it's possible that this being may love it's creation (including us)?
I don't see why you should be confused. My answer again to both questions is no for the same reason as before, and the only reason I mentioned the biblical god was if you want to imagine a loving creator being, that was as you called it, non religion related, then it couldn't have the violent nature of the biblical creator.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#141 Sep 3, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why you should be confused. My answer again to both questions is no for the same reason as before, and the only reason I mentioned the biblical god was if you want to imagine a loving creator being, that was as you called it, non religion related, then it couldn't have the violent nature of the biblical creator.
Good morning, par five.

You don't see why he's confused ?
His cranium is filled with mush.

God bless you both.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#142 Sep 3, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't see why you should be confused. My answer again to both questions is no for the same reason as before,

2. and the only reason I mentioned the biblical god was if you want to imagine a loving creator being, that was as you called it, non religion related, then it couldn't have the violent nature of the biblical creator.
1. Why do you (apparently) think it's impossible for us to have been created by an intelligent being?

2. If there is a non-religion related creator, we still see crime, catastrophe, death, etc. What would make you claim that a non-religion related creator would be less violent?

Somewhere in Ireland

#144 Sep 3, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Why do you (apparently) think it's impossible for us to have been created by an intelligent being?
2. If there is a non-religion related creator, we still see crime, catastrophe, death, etc. What would make you claim that a non-religion related creator would be less violent?
I am an atheist, and as such lack a belief in the notion of a creator of any kind. Crime has always been with us, perpetrated by both believers in gods, and non believers, and catastrophe and death have no favourites and can strike anyone at any time. A belief or lack of belief in a creator has nothing to do with any of the above as far as I am concerned.
If I suspend my own position for a moment and say a non religion related creator exists, I would only claim this being would be less violent than the biblical god is portrayed if you insist in saying this being is loving. In fact, not less violent, but not violent at all!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#145 Sep 4, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Christian liars.
You're right. There are liars like you who claim to be Christian....yet lack any noteable resemblance to Christ's teachings.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#147 Sep 4, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an atheist, and as such lack a belief in the notion of a creator of any kind. Crime has always been with us, perpetrated by both believers in gods, and non believers, and catastrophe and death have no favourites and can strike anyone at any time. A belief or lack of belief in a creator has nothing to do with any of the above as far as I am concerned.
If I suspend my own position for a moment and say a non religion related creator exists, I would only claim this being would be less violent than the biblical god is portrayed if you insist in saying this being is loving. In fact, not less violent, but not violent at all!
That might depend on whether or not you think one who merely observes violence without any direct action is less violent than one who takes direct (violent) action.

If someone places another in a den of wild/aggressive animals, and gives the command to the animals to attack, we can say that person is 'violent'. If that person places another in a den of wild/aggressive animals where no command is necessary (animals not trained), and merely observes the person being attacked, are they any 'less' violent than the former?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#148 Sep 4, 2013
lmao
drunksmacker

United States

#149 Sep 4, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
lmao
Agreed!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#150 Sep 4, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
lmao
Hey, Troth...welcome back!!!!

Somewhere in Ireland

#151 Sep 5, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
That might depend on whether or not you think one who merely observes violence without any direct action is less violent than one who takes direct (violent) action.
If someone places another in a den of wild/aggressive animals, and gives the command to the animals to attack, we can say that person is 'violent'. If that person places another in a den of wild/aggressive animals where no command is necessary (animals not trained), and merely observes the person being attacked, are they any 'less' violent than the former?
I don't see a difference in either action. Both actions would be the deliberate placing of someone in a position where they would come to harm. The fact that a command was not necessary in the second scenario is irrelevant, it was a deliberate act that the perpetrator knew could only have one outcome!

Somewhere in Ireland

#152 Sep 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact!
If your "contribution" to this and other threads is to alter the contents of other peoples posts, then I suggest you change your name from Truth to "I'm just a stupid fundie who wouldn't know the truth if it kicked me on my fat ass." A bit long I know, but you could probably make do with "Stupid fundie", that covers a multitude of "sins".
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#153 Sep 5, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see a difference in either action. Both actions would be the deliberate placing of someone in a position where they would come to harm. The fact that a command was not necessary in the second scenario is irrelevant, it was a deliberate act that the perpetrator knew could only have one outcome!
That would be the problem with there being a general (or non-specific religion related) creator. In other words, your stance would have to really be that if a creator of 'any' type exists (like the creator that deists adhere to), the creator (again from your standpoint) would 'have' to be evil. You really don't need to mention the God of the Bible at all (even though you will).

There are what is termed as "confirmed atheists". That is, atheists that are at least supposed to be 100% convinced that a creator (God) doesn't exist. The question is, why are they (and possibly you) so convinced that we were not intentionally 'created'?

Is there any particular reason for you?
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#154 Sep 6, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe in a creator then you have to believe in something more miraculous, and that's something creating itself from nothing before it existed, for no reason. And I am talking about the very first thing that life evolved from.

And if you think the Biblical God is cruel, and those violent punishments described in the Old Testament are truly what God said then Read Ezekiel 18 where God argues with the Jews!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#155 Sep 6, 2013
EZEKIEL 18;23;

23 "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24 “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

25 “Yet you say,‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?'

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156 Sep 21, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. There are liars like you who claim to be Christian....yet lack any noteable resemblance to Christ's teachings.
Bible believer = liar to you. When you are in Hell you will understand.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#157 Sep 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible believer = liar
Lots are. You must be!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158 Sep 25, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Lots are. You must be!
The reason you are a LIAR:

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Since: Sep 13

Conover, NC

#159 Sep 26, 2013
Apologetics wrote:
Joel osteen
Benny Hinn
Paula White
Rick Warren
T.D. Jakes
95% of TBN lineup
There's your false teachers or "Christian liars"
amen. and dont forget Creflo dollar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Maverick 808 20,527
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 3 hr KAB 9,536
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 3 hr KAB 2,394
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 4 hr Gary Coaldigger 1,088
I'm YOUR FATHER, IMITATE ME! (Jan '16) 4 hr I love jesus 13
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 7 hr I love jesus 51
News Mass hunger 'a moral scandal' Bread president t... 8 hr I love jesus 74
More from around the web