Simple Question
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anoid

Bronxville, NY

#1 May 4, 2014
Christians, do you believe that a person can "come back", and be truly saved after committing the sin of murder?

Simple question, to which I expect simple answers, not diatribes.
comment

Ozark, MO

#2 May 4, 2014
yes
Prophet of Jesus Christ

Helotes, TX

#3 May 4, 2014
Anoid wrote:
Christians, do you believe that a person can "come back", and be truly saved after committing the sin of murder?
Simple question, to which I expect simple answers, not diatribes.
That depends on several factors that will be factored in the whole equation..

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#4 May 5, 2014
IMO a murderer should be justly punished for his crime, in many cases that may be the death penalty.

Why should a murderer be given a free ticket or forgiveness? After all what have the victims been given?

As for the murderers, rapists, paedophiles and the like, f*ck them, they deserve nothing.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 May 5, 2014
Murder is defined as the intentional taking of an innocent life. Not all killing is murder but murder is a deadly sin and it means eternal death of your spirit. You cannot make atonement for it and right the wrong. There are some things that will not be tolerated in the Kingdom of God and murder is one of them. Hopefully, things like that will become a thing of the past. There are seven deadly sins and they are not the Christian ones which are not sins at all.
comment

Ozark, MO

#6 May 5, 2014
susanblange wrote:
Murder is defined as the intentional taking of an innocent life. Not all killing is murder but murder is a deadly sin and it means eternal death of your spirit. You cannot make atonement for it and right the wrong. There are some things that will not be tolerated in the Kingdom of God and murder is one of them. Hopefully, things like that will become a thing of the past. There are seven deadly sins and they are not the Christian ones which are not sins at all.
Please supply the scriptural verses which identify the capital sins as such.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 May 5, 2014
comment wrote:
<quoted text>
Please supply the scriptural verses which identify the capital sins as such.
They are not listed together, comment but they are sprinkled throughout the OT. They are: 1) Any sin against Gods person, including blasphemy, hatred of God, or ticking her off. 2) Any type of abuse or neglect of a child. 3) Murder 4) Rape 5) Kidnapping 6) Paying or taking a bribe to do something illegal. 7) False witness or swearing falsely by the name of God.
comment

Ozark, MO

#8 May 5, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>They are not listed together, comment but they are sprinkled throughout the OT. They are: 1) Any sin against Gods person, including blasphemy, hatred of God, or ticking her off. 2) Any type of abuse or neglect of a child. 3) Murder 4) Rape 5) Kidnapping 6) Paying or taking a bribe to do something illegal. 7) False witness or swearing falsely by the name of God.
If they are not listed together, where are these specific sins identified as being capital sins? What scriptural terminology or reference let's us know that they are sins above all
other sins?
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#9 May 5, 2014
I know scripture states " no murderer has LIFE in him"

And whether God can forgive a murderer I suspect he won't allow a murderer to go free from punishment.

The Law was given to Noah , " God will ask the blood back from any living creature taking mans blood.'

And " any man taking his fellow mans blood, by his fellow man his blood will be shed.'

Its the punishment given to Noah , for all human beings , who murder ...its the Law given to Noah and his descendants.

If they pay for their crime now, then in the judgment they won't be required to pay again.

Does Jesus blood pay for this sin?

yes but the punishment has to be faced because of the BLOOD guilt.

“You sure bout that”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#10 May 5, 2014
Yes.
A sin is a sin. There is no big sin or little sin in God's eyes. All sin is disgusting to Him. If a person asks for forgiveness and has turned away from the sin, he will be forgiven.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#11 May 5, 2014
comment wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are not listed together, where are these specific sins identified as being capital sins? What scriptural terminology or reference let's us know that they are sins above all
other sins?
1 John 5
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
The truth works

Richmond, TX

#12 May 5, 2014
I shall pull no switch that kills another.
Self defense and protection of another innocent being or a loved one, well I'll do that.
We produced these people. Let's quit treating the symptoms and focus on the cause.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#13 May 6, 2014
The bottom line is it fall's into GOD's hands when this person's life is over. Only GOD knows this person's heart. Blaspheming the HS is the only unpardonable sin. So, in this case if all is good with GOD, then this person will be forgiven...

At the end of the day, death only affects the ones left here on Earth, not GOD...
comment

Ozark, MO

#14 May 6, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 5
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
So there is a single, not multiple sins, that lead to death according to John, right?
But that is not what was posted here earlier. What to you believe that sin is?
I believe that scripture does tell us. But if there is scripture that identifies the seven sins and declares them as deadly, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#15 May 6, 2014
comment wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is a single, not multiple sins, that lead to death according to John, right?
But that is not what was posted here earlier. What to you believe that sin is?
I believe that scripture does tell us. But if there is scripture that identifies the seven sins and declares them as deadly, I'd appreciate knowing about it.
No, there is not a single, not multiple sins that lead to death, according to John.
The indefinite article,'a', is extraneous and not found in the Greek.
Read the verse as "There is sin unto death and sin not unto death".

As for the Seven Deadly Sins, they are not damnable in and of themselves but they can lead to other sins until you have totally turned your back on the Lord.

Here's an example. You envy Catholics, at first in just a subconscious sort of way, because they've got it going on and you don't. Your fundie friends feel the same so you feed off one another's envy until it boils into full blown hatred and that is deadly.
Anoid

Bronxville, NY

#16 May 6, 2014
The truth works wrote:
I shall pull no switch that kills another.
Self defense and protection of another innocent being or a loved one, well I'll do that.
We produced these people. Let's quit treating the symptoms and focus on the cause.
How about that voting booth switch, that elects a pro-death penalty candidate?
Anoid

Bronxville, NY

#17 May 6, 2014
NDanger wrote:
The bottom line is it fall's into GOD's hands when this person's life is over. Only GOD knows this person's heart.

1. Blaspheming the HS is the only unpardonable sin.

So, in this case if all is good with GOD, then this person will be forgiven...

At the end of the day, death only affects the ones left here on Earth, not GOD...
1. Could you list the supporting scripture?
Anoid

Bronxville, NY

#18 May 6, 2014
Lana- wrote:
Yes.
A sin is a sin. There is no big sin or little sin in God's eyes. All sin is disgusting to Him. If a person asks for forgiveness and has turned away from the sin, he will be forgiven.
That makes it hard to believe this God is intelligent. That he'd not, at the very least, have a scale of what is more offensive to him. Having intelligence, ultra-supreme in his case, demands a system that grades offenses, otherwise it shows a "mind" that is simply reacting to everything equally, with no ability to discern anything...

By your rules, this God is as offended by a child lying about spilling a drink, as he his an adult serial killer.
Anoid

Bronxville, NY

#19 May 6, 2014
little lamb wrote:
I know scripture states " no murderer has LIFE in him"
And whether God can forgive a murderer I suspect he won't allow a murderer to go free from punishment.
The Law was given to Noah , " God will ask the blood back from any living creature taking mans blood.'
And " any man taking his fellow mans blood, by his fellow man his blood will be shed.'
Its the punishment given to Noah , for all human beings , who murder ...its the Law given to Noah and his descendants.
If they pay for their crime now, then in the judgment they won't be required to pay again.
Does Jesus blood pay for this sin?
yes but the punishment has to be faced because of the BLOOD guilt.
Are you saying that Jesus paid for all future sins?

That sort of sounds like nothing but a means to justify everything since as forgivable, as long as the person lays claim to it.
Anoid

Bronxville, NY

#20 May 6, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>They are not listed together, comment but they are sprinkled throughout the OT. They are: 1) Any sin against Gods person, including blasphemy, hatred of God, or ticking her off. 2) Any type of abuse or neglect of a child. 3) Murder 4) Rape 5) Kidnapping 6) Paying or taking a bribe to do something illegal. 7) False witness or swearing falsely by the name of God.
So the ones grouped together are less important than the random, scattered ones? Where they must be sifted from the text..?

You think thats an effective means of communication? Considering that the Bible, was never mentioned by anyone in the Bible, as the place to find the answers, etc...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Political Ads, Christian Left Mounts Sermoni... (Jul '09) 1 hr Faith In GAWD 2
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 1 hr Big Al 864
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 1 hr Frindly 68
Battling Life Threatening Flesh Eating Sex Demo... 2 hr ROG 17
OPEN DEBATING FORUM.."The False Teachings of Ro... (Oct '11) 10 hr dollarsbill 2,143
Prayer is WORTHLESS, and I can prove it (Dec '08) 11 hr Frindly 2,688
The tree of life and tree of good and evil 11 hr Frindly 40
More from around the web