Has removal of school prayer in 1962 ...

Has removal of school prayer in 1962 contributed to more violence?

Created by ccrider on Nov 7, 2010

268 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Don't know

First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#384 Dec 26, 2012
Now there is no Draft,

If the USA had a Draft, there would be and uproar of the People to get out of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#385 Dec 26, 2012
I attended a private religious school and we were required to stand a pray to begin every day. Of course it didn’t take long for it became a mindless, meaningless exercise. Nobody can stop a student or a teacher from taking a moment to engage in a silent, personal, sincere prayer to whichever deity they believe in.

Apparently many people today aren’t much different than people of 2,000 years ago. They think the purpose of prayer is to show everybody how holy they are, and if you don't show your religion in public you're "of the devil".

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them.… But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door…”– Jesus as quoted by Matthew

Location hidden

#387 Dec 28, 2012
Again it is the DRAFT.

If High Schoolers were worried about being Drafted for Are ONGOING WAR in Asia, children in High school would get getter Grades, and the drop out Rate was like BOOM you are joining the Service the Drop out rate would CEASE.

the USA
America NEED the Draft. If you are a Child it will keep you in School and trying to go to College,
Without out it there are GANGS of under 18 people hanging around selling drugs and Killing each other.
If there was a DRAFT EVERY TIME one of these people were picked up by the Cops, they would be dropped off at the Enlistment Center DRAFTED and sent to Boot Camp.

It really is the answer to so many questions, including the populace would soon get involved with politics.

Location hidden

#388 Dec 28, 2012
The USA NEED
TO DRAFT it Populace.

It would solve so many things.

Israel has a Mandatory Draft.

The USA needs to DRAFT it Children of off the Street and into productive forces.

Location hidden

#389 Dec 28, 2012
ccrider wrote:
Do you think that removing school sanctioned prayer in 1962 has contributed to more school violence, like Columbine? Has it contributed to more family problems? How many school shootings were there prior to 1962? Was there much of a drug problem in schools prior to '62? Back then more kids have both mom & dad at home, married to each other. Do you think the percentage is that high today? I don't think so. At least God was acknowledged in schools back then, & it seemed to have as a result fewer student problems. Even if you don't believe in God, you cannot deny that things like school shootings, drugs, & more broken homes occur now than they did prior to 1962.
It is not the removal of Prayer.

It is the Removal of the Draft.

Believe me a lot more kids will be Preying if they are facing the draft if they fail to make a good GPA.

Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#390 Dec 28, 2012
the perfect idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the removal of Prayer.
It is the Removal of the Draft.
Believe me a lot more kids will be Preying if they are facing the draft if they fail to make a good GPA.
"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools." ~Author Unknown
the truth

United States

#391 Mar 21, 2013
The problem isn't cutting prayer out of school. The problem is there is no discipline at home or at school. 50 years ago giving kids spankings at home or a light smack on the mouth when they got mouthy and disrespectful would correct the problem. No different than how a young child learns not to touch a hot stove burner, associate a little pain. Then america got over sensitive and made it pretty much impossible to spank ur kids without someone yelling child abuse. Our ancestors would put a boot in our ass and tell us to do something about. Over sensitive America. Old fashioned DISCIPLINE would solve 95% of the problem. How many school shooting were there prior to 1990...? Now there's 25 a year seemingly. DISCIPLINE YOUR KIDS!

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#392 Mar 21, 2013
the truth wrote:
The problem isn't cutting prayer out of school. The problem is there is no discipline at home or at school. 50 years ago giving kids spankings at home or a light smack on the mouth when they got mouthy and disrespectful would correct the problem. No different than how a young child learns not to touch a hot stove burner, associate a little pain. Then america got over sensitive and made it pretty much impossible to spank ur kids without someone yelling child abuse. Our ancestors would put a boot in our ass and tell us to do something about. Over sensitive America. Old fashioned DISCIPLINE would solve 95% of the problem. How many school shooting were there prior to 1990...? Now there's 25 a year seemingly. DISCIPLINE YOUR KIDS!
My kid is 22yo. I have never spanked her. I have never laid anything but a loving hand on her. We talked about everything. She is not afraid of facing judgement from me. I listen to her and I do my best to understand. I have always respected her and her ways. I have corrected her countless times and not without explanations. She was disciplined with deep thought and understanding and patience. She is now an adult and is not only my daughter but one of my very best friends.
Point is: spare the rod and use your brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nutter alert - headteacher claims Evolution is ... 12 min blacklagoon 37
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security 35 min Passing thru 3,065
Evidence Against God 37 min blacklagoon 605
I'M PREPARED TO MEET GOD to defend my rejection... 1 hr hmmmmm 138
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 17,767
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? 1 hr sciencewillwin 168
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking 2 hr Big Al 5,744
More from around the web