Lets fast forward to #5, and say you should have started and stopped here. "I dont know." Says it all. You do NOT KNOW. You rely on others telling you that A=Y and Z=D, etc, etc...1. I think the fact that atheists try to stake the sole claim to reason and logic is absurd. If you really use reason and logic you will realise that it is just plain common sense that God exists. If there is no God then a person's life means nothing. There would be no point to existence. You would be nothing more than a chemical reaction here one day and gone the next. One day you will die and eventually everyone who knew you will die and so on. No one will remember you and no one will care who you were or what you did in life. Everything you went through in life was for nothing. Enduring through the hard times. Loving another human being. All of your hopes and dreams. In the end none of it mattered. You did it for no reason at all.
2. And if there was no God then there would be no morality. No morality then no law. All is permited. But we do have morals and we do have the law. That shows that we know right from wrong. But if there was no God then there would be no such thing as right and wrong. No good or evil. But good and evil exist so God must exist.
And why is there structure and order in the universe if there is no God that designed it that way? The fragile balance to life on earth. The food chain. The way the planets orbit the sun. The fact that our planet is in just the right position to support life. I refuse to attribute it to luck and chance. There is just no way.
3. It is just too big to be coincidence.
4. If there is no God then we are not held accountable for our actions during life. That would mean people like Hitler and Stalin got off scot free. And what about the miracles that happen every day? A baby being picked up by a tornado miles in the air and thrown,smacking into the ground and lives. People focus so much on the bad things and use them to deny God but nobody wants to look at the good that happens.
5. I don't know. These are all just a few examples. There is so much more I could say but I think if people really want to know then they will find out for themselves.
That God has been the default answer for the "How did we get here, and now what do we do?" sorts of questions - does not in any manner prove the claims. Never has, never will.
After 2-5K years of these claims being made by a thousand different Religions - its time for real and absolute proof. I want proof before staking a claim to any particular God, or system of worship.
1. I don't pretend to own logic and reason. I just try real hard not to break the rules. Whereas Religion - and in this case Xtianity - breaks them all the time and has admitted to it many times thru its history if you closely read their commentaries.
Everything I go thru IN LIFE is FOR LIFE. Not for death, not for anything but this LIFE. That YOU choose to focus on serving some unproved and abstract after-life - basically death - is your prerogative. I choose to live my LIFE for the LIFE I have.
My love for my family is not about anyone else but me and them. No one else matters in that equation. Why should anyone, anything outside of that be important?
2 and 4. Same things. And I answer both with a resounding NO!
Q; is something good/bad because your God says so, or because its good/bad outside his say so?
Miracles schmiracles. Prove that to! What about the people that didnt survive your storm scenario? The babies that get torn from a parents arms to only be splattered someplace...?
3. Whats a coincidence? That everything is in a state of constant decay?