JESUS is not god from bible verses

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#3316 Aug 26, 2013
Pilatepontiues wrote:
<quoted text>
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
The author of Matthew is saying that Mary's "virgin" birth of Jesus would fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14.
The actual Hebrew verse which the author of Matthew ( 1: 22-23) attempts to manufacture a prophecy fulfillment out of doesn't say a virgin would give birth but that a young woman would conceive. As an aside, the KJV Bible does as most Christian Bibles do, which is to translate the Hebrew word "almah" to mean virgin instead of young woman. The RSV (Revised Standard Version) Bible is one of the few Christian Bibles that maintains the term young woman instead of replacing it with the word "virgin". The basic issue is that Isa 7:14 doesn't have anything to do with Jesus in the first place.
Isa 7:14(KJV)
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
The author of Matthew was trying to retrofit Jesus into a prophecy about a child who was to be born and called the name Immanuel. This tactic is called manufacturing a prophecy fulfillment and the author of Matthew was a master at doing it. He was a master of deception.
One of the problems with this is that the prophecy given by Isaiah was already fulfilled hundreds of years before Jesus ever arrived on earth.
The birth and naming of the child Immanuel was to be a sign for king Ahaz that God was with his people who were about to be invaded by two rival kingdoms. This is clear when Isa 7:14 is put back into the context which the author of Matthew lifted it out of.
Isa 7:10-16
Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying,
Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.
And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
This promise was kept by God as shown in 2 Kings 16:9.
Assyria defeated the two rival kings and Ahaz and his people would be safe.
2 Kings 16:9
And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him: for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin.
The child was born, called by the name Immanuel by his mother and the Assyrians defeated the two kings who threatened Ahaz and his people. The prophecy was fulfilled long before the author of Matthew dishonestly claimed that Jesus fulfilled it.
The author of Matthew ignored all this because he only wanted one verse from Isaiah and that was Isa 7:14 which he wanted to use to give credibility to his tale about a "virgin" birth.
When was the son, Immanuel, born? That is a significant detail, since that is the sign someone would have to see it.
One Truth

Puyallup, WA

#3317 Sep 2, 2013
You people need to wake up Jesus is not God he is a part of god like everyone else is. We are all sons ans daughters of god and so is Jesus so why aren't we God? God even said in the ten commandments not to worship anyone else but God himself.
Ben

United States

#3318 Sep 2, 2013
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus is God's Son through the virgin birth. He was born of God. We are born of man. We are sons and daughters of God only through Jesus Christ

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.
Abam

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#3319 Sep 8, 2013
"you have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his figure"

This is clearly not Jesus.
Abam

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#3320 Sep 8, 2013
Jesus and God are not the same person, for God was greater than Jesus, according to what Jesus himself explicitly said.

It is universally accepted that greater is not mean equal.

It is very clear and no ambiguity that Jesus is the son of Mary.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#3321 Sep 10, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the son, Immanuel, born? That is a significant detail, since that is the sign someone would have to see it.
The Messiah is the Lord God but it's not Jesus. There is a bottom line and that is the fact he is dead and there's only one God anyway, not three. The real messiah is alive on earth today and could appear at any moment. In response to your question. Jarrett Lawrence Emanuel was born on April 4, 1984. He is not the Messiah but was a major sign of the Messiahs' spiritual rebirth.
Jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#3322 Sep 10, 2013
FULFILLED PROPHESIES OF THE MESSIAH JESUS:

1. He would be born of a Virgin (Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:18).
2. He would be of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10 and Luke 3:23, 33).
3. He would be of King David's seed (Jeremiah 23:5 and Luke 3:23, 31).
4. He would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2 and Matthew 2:1).
5. He would be a prophet (Deuteronomy 18:18-19 and Matthew 21:11).
6. He would teach with parables (Psalms 78:2 and Matthew 13:34).
7. He would be preceded by a messenger (Isaiah 40:3, Malachi 3:1, and Matthew 3:1-2).
8. He would enter Jerusalem on a colt (Zechariah 9:9 and Luke 19:35-37).
9. He would be betrayed by a friend (Psalms 41:9 and Matthew 26:47-50).
10. He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12 and Matthew 26:15).
11. He would be forsaken by His disciples (Zechariah 13:7 and Mark 14:50).
12. The money would be thrown in the temple and used to buy the potter's field (Zechariah 11:13 and Matthew 27:5-7).
13. He would be accused by false witnesses (Psalms 35:11 and Matthew 26:59-60).
14. He would be silent before His accusers (Isaiah 53:7 and Matthew 27:12-14).
15. He would be beaten by his enemies (Isaiah 50:6, 53:5, and Matthew 27:26).
16. He would be spit upon and beaten (Isaiah 50:6 and Matthew 27:30).
17. He would be struck in the head with a rod (Micah 5:1 and Matthew 27:30).
18. He would be mocked (Psalms 22:7-8 and Matthew 27:29, 31).
19. His hands and feet would be pierced (Psalms 22:16, Luke 23:33, and John 20:25).
Note that this was predicted hundreds of years before crucifixion was invented.
20. Men would gamble for His clothing (Psalms 22:18 and John 19:23-24).
21. He would intercede in prayer for His transgressors (Isaiah 53:12 and Luke 23:34).
22. He would suffer thirst (Psalms 22:15 and John 19:28).
23. He would be offered gall and water (Psalms 69:21 and Matthew 27:34).
24. He would cry, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me!" (Psalms 22:1 and Matthew 27:46).
25. He would be cut down in His prime (Psalms 89:45 and 102:23-24).
26. None of His bones would be broken (Exodus 12:46, Psalms 34:20, and John 19:32-33).
27. They would look upon Him whom they had pierced (Zechariah 12:10 and John 19:34).
28. He would be executed with thieves (Isaiah 53:12 and Matthew 27:38).
29. He would be buried in a rich man's tomb (Isaiah 53:9 and Matthew 27:57-60).

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3323 Sep 21, 2013
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...

Jesus is God.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3324 Sep 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...
Jesus is God.
Yes, that's what it says but when we don't isolate passages and we take all things written into account we find that a Being:

Lookem up----- http://biblehub.com/

1.) inherited a Name superiour to the other angels(Exodus 23:21--Hebrews 1:4-5)

2.) spoke on behalf of God Almighty with Moses on Mt. Horeb (Acts 7:30-38--Exodus 3) and the Prophets. In Genesis this Being refers to himself as the God of Bethel (Genesis 31:11-13) or the god of the House of God.

3.) was with God in the beginning (John 1) Hence: the usage of "Elohim" (plural) in the Genesis 1 and 2

4.) was made Lord in the beginning (Acts 2:33-36) and eventually Messiah in NT times

ect, ect ect.....

----Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

----Acts 2:22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

Shalom

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3325 Sep 21, 2013

----1 CORINTHIANS 10:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3326 Sep 22, 2013
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's what it says but when we don't isolate passages and we take all things written into account we find that a Being:
1.) inherited a Name superiour to the other angels(Exodus 23:21--Hebrews 1:4-5)
2.) spoke on behalf of God Almighty with Moses on Mt. Horeb (Acts 7:30-38--Exodus 3) and the Prophets. In Genesis this Being refers to himself as the God of Bethel (Genesis 31:11-13) or the god of the House of God.
3.) was with God in the beginning (John 1) Hence: the usage of "Elohim" (plural) in the Genesis 1 and 2
4.) was made Lord in the beginning (Acts 2:33-36) and eventually Messiah in NT times
ect, ect ect.....
----Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
----Acts 2:22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
Jesus was sinless. ONLY God is sinless.

"without sin"

Hebrews 4:15 (NKJV)
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3328 Sep 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was sinless. ONLY God is sinless.
"without sin"
Hebrews 4:15 (NKJV)
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Yes, Jesus was spotless which is why God was able to take up complete residency inside the man Christ Jesus and perform miracles thru him (Acts 2:21/ Acts 10:38)

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted by evil, neither tempteth he any man:

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3329 Sep 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
/

THIS TIME ADDRESS WHAT I WROTE

RE: Yes, that's what it says in John 1:1-3 but when we don't isolate passages and we take all things written into account we also find that a Being:

1.) inherited a Name superiour to the other angels (Exodus 23:21--Hebrews 1:4-5)

2.) spoke on behalf of God Almighty with Moses on Mt. Horeb (Acts 7:30-38--Exodus 3---1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ) and the Prophets all through out the OT.

3.) In Genesis this Being refers to himself as the God of Bethel (Genesis 31:11-13) or the God of the House of God.

4.) was with God in the beginning (John 1) Hence: the usage of "Elohim" (plural) in the Genesis 1 and 2

5.) was made Lord in the beginning (Acts 2:33-36) and eventually Messiah in NT times

ect, ect ect.....

Shalom
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#3331 Sep 22, 2013
Jesus is not God, he is the enemy of God. He is the son and messiah of Satan. He admits that he is Lucifer, meaning "morning star" Revelation 22:16. He has been reincarnated and is the leader of the sons of darkness. This time he will burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19. Jesus also makes himself equal to God. Isaiah 14:12-15. These prophecies are imbedded in a prophecy about Tyre and mystery Babylon (Christianity)
kefa

Warner, Australia

#3332 Sep 22, 2013
Therefore, thus says The Lord: CHURCHES OF MEN, REMOVE YOURSELVES FROM MY THRONE! STOP RECREATING ME IN YOUR OWN IMAGE; DRAW BACK YOUR HAND FROM THIS OTHER “JESUS” YOU UPHOLD! LET EVERY GRAVEN IMAGE FALL; LET EVERY IDOL SHATTER IN PIECES!... Or did you think My eyes were shut to your transgressions?! Did you think I would not see it?! And did you think I had turned away My ear from listening, and would not hear it?!

FOR YOU HAVE SURELY SINNED AGAINST ME, O CHURCHES OF MEN! Therefore, I shall purge you and stir you up! I shall discipline you and wear you out! From the least of these houses to the greatest, I shall shake your every foundation, until every pillar which you have erected in your arrogance, to bring glory to your vanity, crumbles and comes crashing down, breaking in pieces before your eyes!... For I AM THE LORD, and I will not share My glory!
Therefore let no man speak in the name of The Lord, unless I Myself have sent him, unless I Myself have appointed him to speak; let him be quiet and open not his mouth. Lie not to yourselves, O pastors and preachers and leaders among men, for I know who I have sent and who I am sending... Lie not to yourselves, nor let any congregation attempt to place My name upon their blasphemies, as a cover to hide their adulteries, as they put The Holy One of Israel to an open shame! For I am The Lord, yes I AM HE, and I have seen it!

FOR YOU HAVE SURELY BETRAYED ME, O CHURCHES OF MEN! You have altogether become as one who has committed treason! You are no bride, neither is there a woman of virtue among you! Behold, you are all harlots, daughters of fornication, women who demand payment for their services, heavy-laden women filled with iniquity... Prisoners held captive by their own corrupt doctrines, chained by their own filthy traditions; doctrines and traditions at which the pagans laugh, jeering and laughing on account of that which you have borrowed from them; mixing the holy with the unholy, the clean with the unclean, and that which is to be held in great reverence with that which is contemptible... Doctrines and traditions, which I hate!

CHURCHES OF MEN, YOU ARE UNCLEAN! Thus all you have built up for yourselves, of yourselves, to your own glory, has become meet for disaster, destruction which comes quickly! For The Lord your God has spoken it, and so shall it be! THEREFORE, COME OUT!... Behold, even I shall speak it plainly once again, so you may escape: Sons and daughters of men, come out of the churches and be joined unto Me! For I am your only sanctuary! Says The Lord.

Yes I, your Redeemer, am calling you to come out of the churches of men,
To be separate, and to no more worship Me in that way!...

To no more touch the unclean thing,
To no more let hypocrisy enter your ears...

To no more sit in the company of those who pollute
My name and lean upon their own understanding,
Who trust in their own righteousness as they sit
Upon self-made thrones of pride...

A perverse and high-minded people
Who rest upon their own laurels,
By which they highly esteem themselves,
Seeking always the praise and glory of men!

MY PEOPLE, COME OUT FROM AMONGST THEM! Run from all these who reject this Word and push out the hand against My messengers, who hold fast to all these doctrines of men which I hate! Depart quickly from all these rebellious houses, who refuse correction and shut their eyes to truth! For they do always stop their ears from hearing the voice of The Lord their God, choosing rather to persecute and slander those I have sent to them! Behold, I have become as an idol to them, which they have formed in their own image!... Desecration! Great blasphemy!

(Extract from "I Am Calling You Out!... Come Out of The Churches of Men, and I will Receive You, Says The Lord" - Volume 7)

~ TrumpetCallofGodOnline
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3333 Sep 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Jesus is not God, he is the enemy of God. He is the son and messiah of Satan. He admits that he is Lucifer, meaning "morning star" Revelation 22:16. He has been reincarnated and is the leader of the sons of darkness. This time he will burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19. Jesus also makes himself equal to God. Isaiah 14:12-15. These prophecies are imbedded in a prophecy about Tyre and mystery Babylon (Christianity)

Lookem up as you read along

http://www.biblegateway.com/

First of all if you knew the Scriptures then you'd know that there were more than one morning star at the beginning of creation (Job 38:4-7) Second, there is in angel in old Testmant times named "Who is like God" or Micheal. So whether you like it or not there is still a being who was made equal to God by God Almighty. Equal doesn't mean he is above God Almighty because it is God Almighty who created him and made him equal. Also, he is the angel of the Lord who was speaking on behalf of God Almighty with Moses and the Prophets all throughout OT (Exodus 3/Exodus 23:20-21/ ect.). You'll notice Moses was not speaking directly with God but with the angel who appeared to him in the burning bush. Also, in Genesis 31:11-13 we even find this being referring to himself as the God of Bethel (House of God). All of this should tell you why the Hebrew word "Elohim" is used in Genesis 1 and 2. Remember, God was WITH him. This info should also tell you who threw the other morning star down to earth when light was seperated from darkness on the first day. Now go back and read what I wrote. This time test to see what I'm saying matches up.

kefa

Warner, Australia

#3334 Sep 22, 2013
Jesus Christ is King

Thus says The Lord God: Jesus is The Lamb, who is called Christ! Behold, I have proclaimed Him from the beginning, for He is The Beginning and The Ending! To Him have I given complete authority over life and death, redemption and condemnation! For worthy is The Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world!...

Yeshua is The Gift... In Him is life! All others lead only to darkness and death, a fleeing away from The True Light, which is Christ Jesus. For He is the wonderful new thing born of a virgin, as it was and is written. Behold, He is the fulfillment of all things, the only Messiah and Lord, fulfilling all written and spoken of Him from the beginning... The very same as God, begotten as The Son, Immanu El.
He is also The Word, which is and was and is to come, The Word of God Almighty. For by The Word are you saved, and by this same Word shall the wicked be slain therein. For they have rejected The Word of Life, and want no part with He who created them. Thus they have chosen death and not Life; their inheritance is lost... Blotted out.

For He, who was smitten by God, gave Himself up to the smiters,
That all nations under God might be saved through Him,
Which is the foundation and fulfillment of all prophecy,
The end of which is the Kingdom...

For He is The Kingdom, The Power and The Glory!...

And by Him alone shall you enter in, sharing in His joy, forever and ever.

For this is My Son, in whom I am well pleased... Listen to Him. For as the stars in the heavens are beyond the numbering of men, a glory beyond understanding, so also is He called Christ and Jesus; who being The Only Begotten of The Father, is also the fulfillment of The Word of God and the prophets, throughout all generations; the fulfillment of which is beyond the reason and comprehension of man’s calculations, fulfilled in a single man.
For these things fulfilled in The Son of Man, being mentioned in few, let it be for a sign to awaken the slumberers. And to those of greater understanding, who have been awakened to the knowledge of these things fulfilled in The Son of Man, prophesied, coming to light as a multitude, let it be a wonder... Yet to My children who are fully awake, who have received the knowledge and love of the Truth, that indeed The Christ, called Jesus, fulfills all in every sense, in all manner, every word written, every word spoken, every action within and without, being altogether The All in All of all things, let it be truth undeniable!... Causing all, both great and small, rich and poor, bond and free, to bow down before Him, calling Him Lord!

For this truth is an emblazoned torch, a waving banner,
An ensign to all generations, beyond all question!
For HE IS WHO HE IS, and there is none like Him!...

Jesus The Christ, The Lord of Sabaoth!
Lord of lords! King of kings!...

Jesus is The Christ, Yeshua is The Messiah!...

The Holy One of Israel, your King.

Thus says The Lord God of Israel, The God of all creation, The One and Only True God, The Almighty: I have spoken it, and so it is forever and ever. Speak of another or deny His name, and suffer the wrath of God which shall be poured out full-strength into the cup of His indignation!...

For behold, The Messiah had come and is returning! Lo, He is coming very quickly and shall also appear!... His glory revealed. Watch therefore, and behold the mighty and awesome power of The Holy One of Israel! He shall sit upon the throne of His glory, and every knee shall bow! For My will shall be done on Earth as in Heaven...

Behold, My Kingdom comes and is very near...

And His name is YahuShua HaMashiach,
Also being called Jesus and Christ...

THE LORD.

(Volume 4 - TrumpetCallofGodOnline)

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3335 Sep 25, 2013
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus was spotless which is why God was able to take up complete residency inside the man Christ Jesus and perform miracles thru him (Acts 2:21/ Acts 10:38)
James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted by evil, neither tempteth he any man:
ONLY God is without sin. Jesus is God.

1 Peter 2:22 (NKJV)
22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth";

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3336 Sep 25, 2013
no-one-special wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS TIME ADDRESS WHAT I WROTE
RE: Yes, that's what it says in John 1:1-3 but when we don't isolate passages and we take all things written into account we also find that a Being:
1.) inherited a Name superiour to the other angels (Exodus 23:21--Hebrews 1:4-5)
2.) spoke on behalf of God Almighty with Moses on Mt. Horeb (Acts 7:30-38--Exodus 3---1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ) and the Prophets all through out the OT.
3.) In Genesis this Being refers to himself as the God of Bethel (Genesis 31:11-13) or the God of the House of God.
4.) was with God in the beginning (John 1) Hence: the usage of "Elohim" (plural) in the Genesis 1 and 2
5.) was made Lord in the beginning (Acts 2:33-36) and eventually Messiah in NT times
ect, ect ect.....

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3337 Sep 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
The reason you are a BLATANT LIAR:

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Experiences When Praying (Jan '11) 2 hr Big Al 71
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) 2 hr Big Al 54
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 7 hr RiccardoFire 164
Christianity 9 hr dollarsbill 2
The Jesus Delusion 12 hr dollarsbill 11
dealing with homosexual child 12 hr dollarsbill 3
Dating Morals Tue arrow 17