JESUS is not god from bible verses

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#3294 Mar 16, 2013
Ozada wrote:
<quoted text>
There are roughly 38,000 different christian churches and cults in North America alone. If you were to look at the rest of the planet you would no doubt find many more.
Each of these groups has a different take on what the bible means.
The essence of this, will be the fact, that there is little value to reading the bible, because no one will agree with your interpretation anyway.
<><
Where did you get your statistics? Even if correct all you are showing is that people NOT the Bible can make errors.
<><
Religion is for fools and suckers!
<><
Thank you for your irrelevant and uninformed opinion and you are welcome to it. I have seen, with my own eyes, many things which prove you wrong but even if I told you, you would still say the same thing. The Bible tells us "Even if one were raised from the dead they will not believe."

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3295 Mar 16, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
I have seen, with my own eyes, many things which prove you wrong but even if I told you, you would still say the same thing.
You have actually seen nothing that couldn't be explained rationally. Either have I. You could be just stupid, but I think you are just making things up to support your delusion.
Allen Richards wrote:
The Bible tells us "Even if one were raised from the dead they will not believe."
If the bible say this, and since it say quite a few ridiculous things it likely does, it is right, no one should believe it either.

No one gets raised from the dead. When you are clinically dead you are dead.

US 62 @ US 81

#3296 Mar 16, 2013
Ozada wrote:
<quoted text>
You have actually seen nothing that couldn't be explained rationally. Either have I. You could be just stupid, but I think you are just making things up to support your delusion.
<><
You don't know what I've seen. One thing was seen by a church full of people. Never heard of a mass delusion!
<><
If the bible say this, and since it say quite a few ridiculous things it likely does, it is right, no one should believe it either.
No one gets raised from the dead. When you are clinically dead you are dead.
<><
Wasn't there recently a baby that was born dead who started breathing?

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Location hidden

#3297 Mar 16, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't know what I've seen. One thing was seen by a church full of people. Never heard of a mass delusion!
I have. It's called christianity.
Allen Richards wrote:
Wasn't there recently a baby that was born dead who started breathing?
Sure, but then he hadn't been dead for three days!

Like that piece of crap about the guy who was dead for 3 days, in a hot country, then got up and walked around, which is almost as stupid an idea as someone being born of a virgin, or the flood.........
treggeg

Rochester, PA

#3298 Mar 16, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …
Get Over it he was just another normal human he died like a normal human

US 62 @ US 81

#3299 Mar 16, 2013
treggeg wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=E8cuodpPyA A …
Get Over it he was just another normal human he died like a normal human
<><
Wail hail its on youtube so it must be true. Hey dood I got some ocean front property in Arizona I want to sell you real cheap.

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Location hidden

#3300 Mar 16, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Wail hail its on youtube so it must be true. Hey dood I got some ocean front property in Arizona I want to sell you real cheap.
If jesus existed, and he very well may have, he could have been nothing but human.
one way

Paradise, PA

#3301 Mar 16, 2013
Yhwh spoke, saying, "Yhwh himself will give you a sign, Note, a virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and will call his name Immanuel: for God with us. For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given: and His name will be called, The Mighty God The Everlasting Father."

Jesus says of himself, "I and Father are one. The person that sees me sees him that sent me. The person that has seen me has seen The Father. Believe me that I in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me because of the very miracles' sake. I am from above, I am not of this world: for if you all believe not that I AM, you all will die in your sins. Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came into being, I AM. You all call me The LORD, indeed you all say well, for I AM. I am the Alpha and the Omega, Beginning and Ultimate, which from being, and which to being, and which coming, The Almighty." Isaiah 7:14+ 8:10+ 9:6+ John 10:30+ 12:44,45+ 14:9,11+ 8:23,24,58+ 13:13+ Revelation 1:8.
emran

Sacramento, CA

#3302 Mar 27, 2013
he was talking about his spirit was with god before abraham.all spirits are with god before they come to earth

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3303 Mar 27, 2013
John 1 The Word was God.
pastor yvette

United States

#3305 Apr 14, 2013
Falsefrom jehovah wit bible
pastor yvette

United States

#3306 Apr 14, 2013
From false jehovah wit bible

US 62 @ US 81

#3307 Apr 14, 2013
emran wrote:
he was talking about his spirit was with god before abraham.all spirits are with god before they come to earth
<><
Jesus did not say "Before Abraham was My Spirit is!" He said, "Before Abraham was I am."
samantha

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#3308 Apr 18, 2013
isayha 43:9 to12 god what say

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3309 Apr 18, 2013
pastor yvette wrote:
From false jehovah wit bible
Jesus is God!

US 62 @ US 81

#3310 Apr 18, 2013
samantha wrote:
isayha 43:9 to12 god what say
<><
Isa 43:10-16
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
(12) I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
(13) Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
(14) Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
(15) I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
(16) Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;
jesus pbuh

Malaysia

#3312 May 7, 2013
Jesus not more only prophet
jesus pbuh

Malaysia

#3313 May 7, 2013
Jesus only prophet

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3314 May 7, 2013
jesus pbuh wrote:
Jesus only prophet
Jesus/God!

John 1 the Word was God ... the Word became flesh
Pilatepontiues

United States

#3315 Aug 26, 2013
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Emmanuel, God with us.
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

The author of Matthew is saying that Mary's "virgin" birth of Jesus would fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14.
The actual Hebrew verse which the author of Matthew ( 1: 22-23) attempts to manufacture a prophecy fulfillment out of doesn't say a virgin would give birth but that a young woman would conceive. As an aside, the KJV Bible does as most Christian Bibles do, which is to translate the Hebrew word "almah" to mean virgin instead of young woman. The RSV (Revised Standard Version) Bible is one of the few Christian Bibles that maintains the term young woman instead of replacing it with the word "virgin". The basic issue is that Isa 7:14 doesn't have anything to do with Jesus in the first place.

Isa 7:14(KJV)
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

The author of Matthew was trying to retrofit Jesus into a prophecy about a child who was to be born and called the name Immanuel. This tactic is called manufacturing a prophecy fulfillment and the author of Matthew was a master at doing it. He was a master of deception.
One of the problems with this is that the prophecy given by Isaiah was already fulfilled hundreds of years before Jesus ever arrived on earth.

The birth and naming of the child Immanuel was to be a sign for king Ahaz that God was with his people who were about to be invaded by two rival kingdoms. This is clear when Isa 7:14 is put back into the context which the author of Matthew lifted it out of.
Isa 7:10-16
Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying,
Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.
And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

This promise was kept by God as shown in 2 Kings 16:9.
Assyria defeated the two rival kings and Ahaz and his people would be safe.
2 Kings 16:9
And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him: for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin.

The child was born, called by the name Immanuel by his mother and the Assyrians defeated the two kings who threatened Ahaz and his people. The prophecy was fulfilled long before the author of Matthew dishonestly claimed that Jesus fulfilled it.
The author of Matthew ignored all this because he only wanted one verse from Isaiah and that was Isa 7:14 which he wanted to use to give credibility to his tale about a "virgin" birth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God has Granted Repentance that Leads to Life -... 2 hr Sheriff Joe 529 3
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) 3 hr FSM 190
The People's Lounge (Mar '09) 3 hr FSM 4,440
What Does God Hate? 5 hr Big Al 134
News New figures show debt crises are growing across... Sat nanoanomaly 1
Dating Morals May 18 arrow 24
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) May 18 Preacher 190