frank

Fayetteville, NC

#3021 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
He forgave sins, stilled the sea, fed thousands of people with a few fish all of which only God can do. Also He accepted worship which was due only to God.
He did what he did by G-d's will, that's it.

I think the problem here is that YOU WANT him to be your man-god.

MAN says that Yeshuah, son of Yusef, was G-d..Yeshua clearly says that G-d is G-d.

You worship an idol, Yeshuah worshipped/served G-d.

It is what it is.

Since: Jan 13

Europe

#3022 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
He forgave sins, stilled the sea, fed thousands of people with a few fish all of which only God can do. Also He accepted worship which was due only to God.
"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God
to you by miracles,
wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.''

Acts 10:38

''How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how
he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of
the devil, because God was with him.''

Its crystal clear who enabled Christ to do what he did!

Europe

#3023 Jan 29, 2013
By the way the first quote is Acts 2:22.

Christ gave all the credit for what he did to his God and father. Why should we take the primary credit from his God and give it to him?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3024 Jan 29, 2013
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
He did what he did by G-d's will, that's it.
I think the problem here is that YOU WANT him to be your man-god.
MAN says that Yeshuah, son of Yusef, was G-d..Yeshua clearly says that G-d is G-d.
You worship an idol, Yeshuah worshipped/served G-d.
It is what it is.
What was one of the reasons the Pharisees wanted to kill Him? It was because He was making the claim to be God. It is what it is.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3025 Jan 29, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God
to you by miracles,
wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.''
Acts 10:38
''How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how
he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of
the devil, because God was with him.''
Its crystal clear who enabled Christ to do what he did!
This is true. God (His Father) was with Him. This does not mean that Jesus ceased to be God in His nature.

Europe

#3026 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. God (His Father) was with Him. This does not mean that Jesus ceased to be God in His nature.
why would he need God's help if he was just as God as the God whose presence enabled him to perform miracles?
frank

Fayetteville, NC

#3027 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff, you're blind.

Nowhere did he say "I am G-d".

HE PRAYED, FASTED, AND WAS TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL.

Thie idea that G-d would become man and suicide himself in order to be able to forgive your sins is the stupidest thing one could ever dream up or believe.

Seriously, think about what you're saying here:

"G-d became a guy, prayedto himself, was temptedby the devil whom he created, and then made suicide a prerequisite for forgiving his own creation for screwing up time to time."

Can you imagine? According to you're theory, G-d said "Well, I can't jusrt forgive them. No, I think I'm gonna have to become a man and kill myslf first"
frank

Fayetteville, NC

#3028 Jan 29, 2013
***May you burn in the fire you cursed polytheist devil!

***You great perverter of religion and spreader of misguidance, devil in the flesh!

There's gonna come a time when the great fire is lit and into you go, you and your people!

Shalom
TheWiseMan

San Antonio, TX

#3029 Jan 29, 2013
Revelation, Chapter 3, 12: Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Europe

#3030 Jan 29, 2013
TheWiseMan wrote:
Revelation, Chapter 3, 12: Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
hmm... Isn't it interesting how many times in this verse alone Jesus states that he has a God? How can a supreme being have a God over him?

Jesus' God is our God and Jesus is our elder brother.
TheWiseMan

San Antonio, TX

#3031 Jan 29, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a supreme being have a God over him?
By the Spirit of God dwelling within them.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#3032 Jan 29, 2013
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
The jews were awaiting their messiah--not G-d.
Being the creator and G-d of the universe is a pretty big deal, not something that Yeshuah would have left for white guys in funny hats to figure out later on.
Yeshuah could have simply said "I'm G-d and I've conme to earth to suicide myself as it's required in order for me to forgive you guys for screwing up" and that would have been that, lol, but he didn't.
<><
Only someone high on cactus buds wouid think your explanation was logical or reasonable. Claiming to be God would have resulted in his oimmdeadate death. If he claimed he was sent to commit suicide they would have thought he was crazy.
<><
No, instead, he told us that G-d is one, G-d is greater than himself, he did nothing without G-d's will...he prayed, fasted,and was tempted by the "devil".
Some "god", huh?
<><
Thanks but no thanks. Atheists are incapable of understanding or properly interpreting scripture.
<><
You want to have fun attacking religion, go try it on muslims. They will hand you your head. Just like they did the housemaid from Mali.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3033 Jan 29, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
<quoted text>
why would he need God's help if he was just as God as the God whose presence enabled him to perform miracles?
He was a man and as a man He needed to depend on God. This was the nature of the incarnation. He was also the supreme example of a man. God made man to depend on Him.
frank

Fayetteville, NC

#3034 Jan 29, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Only someone high on cactus buds wouid think your explanation was logical or reasonable. Claiming to be God would have resulted in his oimmdeadate death. If he claimed he was sent to commit suicide they would have thought he was crazy.
<><
<quoted text>
<><
Thanks but no thanks. Atheists are incapable of understanding or properly interpreting scripture.
<><
You want to have fun attacking religion, go try it on muslims. They will hand you your head. Just like they did the housemaid from Mali.
I'm not an atheist you nut--I've found that Atheism requires more faith than in believing n G-d. And what I stated above is basically what you idolatrous guys believe, i.e. that G-d became man and suicided himself for for the forgiveness of the humans that He created, lol. You can tap-dance around it all that you like but, put in plain words, that's what you believe.

And I'm not attacking religion, no I'm a strict monotheist as was Yeshuah. Your sick polytheistic doctrine is why most "jews (i.e., the europeans/khazars whom practice "judaism") and other monotheists regard you as lunatics and/or idolaters.

G-d said he was one, Yeshuah said that G-d is one, you guys say that Yeshuah is G-d in flesh whom prayed to Himself, was tempted by the devil, and is one in three and three in one gods, lol.

Yeah, okay...and I've got a magical rock that I'd like to sell you.

Shalom
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3035 Jan 29, 2013
frank wrote:
Jeff, you're blind.
Nowhere did he say "I am G-d".
HE PRAYED, FASTED, AND WAS TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL.
Thie idea that G-d would become man and suicide himself in order to be able to forgive your sins is the stupidest thing one could ever dream up or believe.
Seriously, think about what you're saying here:
"G-d became a guy, prayedto himself, was temptedby the devil whom he created, and then made suicide a prerequisite for forgiving his own creation for screwing up time to time."
Can you imagine? According to you're theory, G-d said "Well, I can't jusrt forgive them. No, I think I'm gonna have to become a man and kill myslf first"
Do you believe in God? If so, could God become a man if He wanted to?

BTW- Jesus (God incarnate) did not pray to Himself but to His Father who is God. God is trinitarian in nature i.e. 3 persons sharing the same essence as God.
frank

Fayetteville, NC

#3036 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW- Jesus (God incarnate) did not pray to Himself but to His Father who is God. God is trinitarian in nature i.e. 3 persons sharing the same essence as God.
Sure he could if he wanted to but he didn't.

You're a polytheist whom has made G-d into something that he isn't.

G-d says that he's one and would send Messiah, not a dude whom was to be worshipped in his place. It's as simple as that--you'd rather believe the insane interpretations of men than what G-d clearly tells you.

Go ahead and worship men,as for myself I believe in the G-d of Moses whom sent Yeshuah, you accurswd idolater!

There's no sin on the one whom worships idols out of ignorance but those whom do so after knowing better is worthy of death.

Shalom

Europe

#3037 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul declares that our one God is the father in 1 Corinthians 8:6. He'd be wrong if our one God is triune.

Europe

#3038 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a man and as a man He needed to depend on God. This was the nature of the incarnation. He was also the supreme example of a man. God made man to depend on Him.
How did he usually switch between operating ''as man'' and ''as God''?

Europe

#3039 Jan 29, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This is like asking ''Can God die if he wants to?''

God sustains all existence. He could certainly become man if he wanted to. But doing that would immediately cause all existence to cease, including HIMSELF, since he is now a man. God has to give up his divine power and nature to TRULY become man. You cant be a genuine man and have deity.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3040 Jan 29, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul declares that our one God is the father in 1 Corinthians 8:6. He'd be wrong if our one God is triune.
3 persons in One God. Note to in this verse that Christ is referred to as Lord. To be Lord is to be God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Science To Support The Facts of Evolution ... 44 min Khatru 458
Before The Big Bang 50 min Khatru 2,240
Glorifying the one and only true living God 1 hr QUITTNER Mar 26 2015 8
Poll 2015 edition: who is the dumbest fundie on topix? 1 hr Seentheotherside 144
News Christians encouraged to 'sow seeds of a new po... 1 hr Nc resident 98
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 2 hr purplelady1040 4,816
The duping of American Christians 2 hr Seentheotherside 69
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 2 hr susanblange 631
The post count of Dollarsbill 6 hr ChristineM 1,271
More from around the web