Which of these best describes your id...

Which of these best describes your idea of heaven and hell?

Created by frank on Dec 30, 2012

18 votes

Click on an option to vote

Heaven/hell exists and we go there when we die

We go there after the "resurrection"

Heaven and hell are here on earth,

Heaven and hell are states of mind

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Now all I know about Hell is it ain't a good place to be.

But Heaven I can tell you about.
Heaven is like The Big Rock Candy Mountains.

One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fires were burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night.
Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
And the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The winds don't blow

You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railway bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey too
You can paddle all around it
In a big canoe

The jails are made of tin.
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in.
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws nor picks,
I'm bound to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work

Thank you Jesus, Thank you Lord.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#2 Dec 31, 2012
What saith the Word of God?

Revelation 22:1-5
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 21:10-27
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#3 Jan 1, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
Oh I'm bound to go
The winds don't blow
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey too
In a big canoe
As soon as you are in.
No axes, saws nor picks,
I'm bound to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord? I didn't know he recorded that, I've always thought it was Burl Ives!

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Heaven and Hell are just places in one's mind........if either place truly existed we'd have known their location by now.

Frankly, it's pathetic how those who claim to be "TRUE" Christians use going to hell as some bullying tactic to try and convince folks to believe as they do......instead of letting God be the final Judge on a person's judgment day.

Peace and Goodwill to you all:-)
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#6 Jan 1, 2013
God and I in space alone
And nobody else in view.
"And where are the people, O Lord," I said,
"The earth below, and the sky o'er head,
And the dead whom once I knew?"

"That was a dream," God smiled and said -
"A dream that seemed to be true.
There were no people, living or dead,
There was no earth, and no sky o'erhead;
There was only Myself--in you."

"Why do I feel no fear," I asked,
"Meeting You here this way?
For I have sinned I know full well?
And is there heaven, and is there hell,
And is this the judgment day?"

"Say, those were but dreams," the Great God said,
"Dreams, that have ceased to be.
There are no such things as fear or sin,
There is no you--you never have been -
There is nothing at all but ME."

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#7 Jan 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Heaven and Hell are just places in one's mind........if either place truly existed we'd have known their location by now.
Conjecture

#8 Jan 1, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjecture
Sorry, but nope........not on conjecture.......but definitely based on my beliefs!!!

Why don't you give us your thoughts on this topic instead of attacking mine?
Greek Road

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jan 1, 2013
You guys should keep in mind that you have to make your description of heaven match the Bible if you want to get rich. People say they see streets of gold in a dream, write a book and make millions from Christians. I don't understand why they have to buy the book, I never bought one. I could describe if perfectly from my dream also.
Don't forget God's a man because he was created by man. I just can't for the life of me figure out what he does with genitals! Does he just play with them or what? I think if there is a God its pure cosmic energy looking down laughing at all these man made religions we got here!

Since: Aug 07

Akron, OH

#10 Jan 1, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
Oh I'm bound to go
The winds don't blow
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey too
In a big canoe
As soon as you are in.
No axes, saws nor picks,
I'm bound to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work
http://www.maquinadeltiempo.net/SERIES%20DE%2...
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#11 Jan 1, 2013
PROV1X81 wrote:
Oye Pancho, Vamos de paseo, amigo.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#12 Jan 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but nope........not on conjecture.......but definitely based on my beliefs!!!
Why don't you give us your thoughts on this topic instead of attacking mine?
Your beliefs? Which are based on?

Or is it "in your mind" you "believe" they don't exist, so they don't?

You state "if either place truly existed we'd have known their location by now".

Since (while alive) we can never know what lies beyond these 3 dimensions of life, I would say your "claim" is purely theoretical.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Greek Road wrote:
You guys should keep in mind that you have to make your description of heaven match the Bible if you want to get rich. People say they see streets of gold in a dream, write a book and make millions from Christians. I don't understand why they have to buy the book, I never bought one. I could describe if perfectly from my dream also.
Don't forget God's a man because he was created by man. I just can't for the life of me figure out what he does with genitals! Does he just play with them or what? I think if there is a God its pure cosmic energy looking down laughing at all these man made religions we got here!
Get rich? that's rich in itself.

Do you have proof GOD was created by man? Why are you so obsessed with genitals? Don't you have any?
Greek Road

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jan 1, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Get rich? that's rich in itself.
Do you have proof GOD was created by man? Why are you so obsessed with genitals? Don't you have any?
Yes I have alot more proof than you have for HIS existence. You praying to HIM and HIM not answering doesn't count! I'm not obsessed and delusional Christians never ask questions like that. Now that my mind is free from religious boundaries, I'm like why does God need balls? Did HIM and your imaginary Satan have gay fun time? Did Satan get sent to your imaginary hell because he got to rough?

By all means enlighten us, why does your God need reproductive organs? Is the fact there have been thousands of Gods circumstantial evidence? LOL

#19 Jan 1, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs? Which are based on?
Or is it "in your mind" you "believe" they don't exist, so they don't?
You state "if either place truly existed we'd have known their location by now".
Since (while alive) we can never know what lies beyond these 3 dimensions of life, I would say your "claim" is purely theoretical.
And that is your right to do......but regardless of what you believe......I have a right to state my opinion and I did.......don't like......don't read it.

See how easy that was.........Peace!!!

#21 Jan 1, 2013
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>And this is your right to do...but regardless of what you believe.......We have the right to stsate the truth and set you straight.....We have the right to define all marriages as between men and women only and we did.....don't like it.......don't reads it.
See how easy that was.....Peace and Jesus is your Lord and Lord of All!!
Doc, you have no truth which is obvious by the stuff you post knowing that you just want to dig on someone you don't like or care for.......but you are just the same type of Christian as Wayne is.......you think you know more than God does and you simply don't.....that's why you attack people like Seriously and others who do believe in God. You can't shake their faith or believes and it bothers you to no end that you can't shake me either.

I TRUST God and I know God has opened my eyes to the path and journey that I am on......I will follow what God has told me......and you don't know what God has spoken to me.

Peace to you, may you learn the lesson that God has given you to learn.
Greek Road

Charlotte, NC

#22 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>Gay and lesbian are just places in one's mind....if either were genetic we would have known it by now.
See, how that works.
Frankly, the LGBT SSM crap is just a pathetic attempt by gays who claim to be born that way and use allegations of rights as some bullying tactic to try to convince folfs to believe as you do...instead of letting God be the final Judge as far as marriage goes, these gays has chosen to follow satan to his judgment day.
This is what is funny, after being ignored in your gay bars and gay sex fests, you being here is like gays coming into our churches and claiming that they are being bullied by the message.
Peace and Jesus is your Lord and Lord of All.
I love it when we get a look at the mind of a delusional Christian! So lets see, the logical answer is they are born gay and God didn't write the Bible. Your answer is they are born straight but fight off the natural attraction to the opposite sex. They want to be an abomination, go to hell, not be able to have children and listen to Christians tell them their not born that way because they have a book of stolen myths written by anonymous men thousands of years ago that says so. So how did you fight off your attraction to the same sex? Did you pray to your imaginary friend and he heterosexualised you rite quick? You wonder why Christians are called illogical and delusional!
Greek Road

Charlotte, NC

#23 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>Now, this does not say much for women. According to you, after over 200 million years, women still follow a male personna of God, created by men, and have not made up one of their own. You must despise your mom and think her weak. Perhaps, women follow a male personna of God, which is not human and not male with genitals, because God is a spirit and not subject to your physical limitations.
Do male fish have human male genitals? If you don't get this point, then the waste happened during your primary education years.
Women were worshiped in ancient times before your religion was created by man. The men that wrote the Bible didn't like that, can you tell? That's why they said women should keep their mouth shut and ask the husband if the want to know something. The man made bible did a number on women's rights until you started ignoring 90% of it. Yes we know God is an invisible imaginary spirit unless he is using HIS reproductive organs to knock up virgins. He also liked to use them on Mary Magdalen. Of coarse fish have reproductive organs you delusional nut! Where would the sperm be created? If they didn't your God screwed up yet again because he made an extra fish for no reason. I love how you Christians drive around with fish on your car and don't even know what it originally meant.
Greek Road

Charlotte, NC

#24 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>What I find ironic is that even the worse description of satan that you could find was to declare that he is gay. You must be gay.
Either you are dumb or you are dumber. Let me help you this once, God does not have a form like unto humans and He does not have human reproductive organs. Since you are dumber, fish don't have human reproductive organs either. So, go ahead and eat the fish and stop playing with it.
People are born gay get over it already. How did God knock up Mary and Create the thousands of other Gods with no balls? Of coarse fish don't have HUMAN reproductive organs, what kind of delusional nut job are you? They have fish reproductive organs! LOL Dumb and Dumber indeed! When you find yourself in a debate of logic with someone no longer handicapped with faith try praying to your imaginary friend for help. It won't help but at least you didn't look like a fool all by yourself, your man made Bible God did also!
Greek Road

Charlotte, NC

#25 Jan 1, 2013
Mirror, you still here or are you praying or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
++++++++++ TRUE PROPHET of GOD ++++++++++ (Dec '13) 4 hr Frindly 50
DID DOLLARSBILL HAVE a STROKE and DIE? 4 hr Frindly 140
>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK the PROPHET <<<<<<<<<<<< (Nov '13) 8 hr Frindly 68
ALL of YOU are CHILDREN of THE DEVIL. 8 hr Frindly 35
News Majority of women in prison have been victims o... 9 hr Frindly 58
OPEN DEBATING FORUM.."The False Teachings of Ro... (Oct '11) 9 hr ROGTARD 2,187
Public Bus Drivers Give Preferred Treatment to ... 9 hr ROGTARD 3
More from around the web