Why Isn't There A Christmas Thread?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 16, 2012
What's up with the humbug attitudes?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 16, 2012
Stupid trolls!

midna's list for santa

May elves torch their shiny balls!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Aack!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#6 Dec 16, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Aack!
Hey, nano, long time no see.

Couldn't afford figuines for my creche. I had to use a cermaic papa duck, blessed virgin duck and a quack baby.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#7 Dec 16, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
What's up with the humbug attitudes?
I think a lot of the humbug is cause by the commercialization of Christmas. When money and egos matter more than spirituality that what happens. It should be a special day of reflection and celebration rather than who gets or gives the coolest gift. It should be a day when the grace said at supper is improvised to reflect what is in ones heart.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Dec 16, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, nano, long time no see.
Couldn't afford figuines for my creche. I had to use a cermaic papa duck, blessed virgin duck and a quack baby.
Back atcha, DL!

I like the lights more than anything else about the holiday season.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 16, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a lot of the humbug is cause by the commercialization of Christmas. When money and egos matter more than spirituality that what happens. It should be a special day of reflection and celebration rather than who gets or gives the coolest gift. It should be a day when the grace said at supper is improvised to reflect what is in ones heart.
Aren't all of the holidays about profit?

The money made from candy sales alone is astronomical.
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Cookie Parker gray boxing wrote:
<quoted text>
Great sentiments. With the falling wages, people are going to have to find ways to give less expensive gifts. Maybe in poverty, we can all learn to be grateful?
That's what Obama's hoping for.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#12 Dec 16, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't all of the holidays about profit?
The money made from candy sales alone is astronomical.
There is nothing wrong with money per se. I sure wish I had more and stimulating the economy is a benefit for sure. It's just when spirituality takes a back seat to the almighty dollar....
Just don't seem right! I think the order of importance has been reversed from the original intent.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#13 Dec 16, 2012
"Why Isn't There A Christmas Thread?

A few scriptures about Jesus
__________
Virgin Birth
Old Testament
Isaiah 7:14- Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

New Testament
Matthew 1:18-23
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
__________
Born in Bethlehem
Old Testament
Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

New Testament
Matthew 2:1-6
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
__________
The Messiah brings salvation

Old Testament
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

New Testament
Luke 19:10
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Old Testament
Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

New Testament
Romans 10:9-13
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
__________
David UK

UK

#14 Dec 16, 2012
If you have a Christmas thread, I demand a winter solstice thread for the true meaning of this festival is totally pagan, like the tree, the holly & mistletoe, the Yule log is Also pagan as is Rufolph the red nosed atheist reindeer and those elves have a Demonic pseudo pagan look about em.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Dec 16, 2012
David UK wrote:
If you have a Christmas thread, I demand a winter solstice thread......
So go make one.
David UK

UK

#16 Dec 16, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So go make one.
I can't be arsed, so I'll just harass the silly fundys instead, it's much more fun

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Romans Road wrote:
"Why Isn't There A Christmas Thread?
A few scriptures about Jesus
__________
Virgin Birth
Old Testament
Isaiah 7:14- Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
New Testament
Matthew 1:18-23
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
__________
Born in Bethlehem
Old Testament
Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
New Testament
Matthew 2:1-6
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
__________
The Messiah brings salvation
Old Testament
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
New Testament
Luke 19:10
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Old Testament
Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.
New Testament
Romans 10:9-13
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
__________
As seen on TV!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#18 Dec 17, 2012
David UK wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't be arsed, so I'll just harass the silly fundys instead, it's much more fun
You have a warped sense of fun.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/beau...

Stop being so lazy.
David UK

UK

#19 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You have a warped sense of fun.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/beau...

Stop being so lazy.
I know, but they're such easy targets and they get so riled with do little effort
Its hard not to poke em with a sharp stick through the bars of their cages, they HOWL so much, I like it..

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#20 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You have a warped sense of fun.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/beau...
Stop being so lazy.
Hey, Friday he wanted to wipe Christianity from the face of the Earth and now he just wants to piss on fundies.

Glory to God in the Highest.

I put up a lighted wreath outide the door and a little fake tree out front. The tree looks pretty anemic in daylight but not bad at all at night.

God bless you.
David UK

UK

#21 Dec 17, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Friday he wanted to wipe Christianity from the face of the Earth and now he just wants to piss on fundies.

Glory to God in the Highest.

I put up a lighted wreath outide the door and a little fake tree out front. The tree looks pretty anemic in daylight but not bad at all at night.

God bless you.
Cool to the tree lady, when do you do the blood sacrifices ?, I imagine you have to be a bit secretive regarding the sacrificial killings, so I won't mention it again, p.s tho vinegar is great for cleaning that arterial blood spray off the ceilings, but shhh!. Happy solstice, may your womb be nourished. X

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#22 Dec 17, 2012
Ok, let's try this: Everybody post an anecdote from a past Christmas that stands out in your memory. It doesn't matter whether it is happy, sad or just plain weird.

“May It Be The Best Ever”

Since: Dec 12

****2014****

#23 Dec 17, 2012
Well RR, if you are trying to connect with those not of Christ, you're going about it the wrong way. Nobody is going to read all those scriptures that aren't interested in His Word. Shorter and sweeter is the way to go.

A New Year With The Lord

A new year is about to unfold
With new opportunities to explore
Doors will open for new experiences,
New adventures with the Lord

Remember not the former things,
The things of this past year,
The Lord will do new things in us
Much more than we are aware

For He will make a way for us
As we put our trust in Him
And He will guide our every step
By His presence we have within

What God has placed within our hearts,
We find we'll be able to do
If we look for the opportunities,
We'll see the door to go through

We mustn't let anything hold us back
But rise up and take our place
And be all that God wants us to be
With a fresh touch of His grace

By M.S.Lowndes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sodom and Gomorrah And Drunk incest. 7 min Son of Man 224
Christian Fundamentalism 29 min Gary Coaldigger 6
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 38 min QUITTNER May 24 2015 294
Barnsweb Blaspheming the Holy Spirit 1 hr JESUS PROPHET OF ... 2
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 1 hr Old GT 190
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 1 hr purplelady1040 5,563
Challenge to all Christians 1 hr Truth 280
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 63
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 4 hr flame of truth 1,865
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 4 hr Barnsweb 3,482
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,160
More from around the web