The People's Lounge

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#4545 Aug 15, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel like it, I would love to see a photo of your shepherd pup. If not, just let me know what he is referred as ie: long haired, black/tan or whatever so I can look up what he might look like if you do not mind. I am curious now, thanks :D
You got me thinking that I should take some pictures of him anyway. So I'll see if the rechargeable batteries I have are powerful enough to run the camera long enough to take some photos. I spent $2,000 for a camera that drains the batteries within maybe 20 minutes, if they're relatively new. If they are several months old or older, the camera won't even work.

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#4546 Aug 15, 2012
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me thinking that I should take some pictures of him anyway. So I'll see if the rechargeable batteries I have are powerful enough to run the camera long enough to take some photos. I spent $2,000 for a camera that drains the batteries within maybe 20 minutes, if they're relatively new. If they are several months old or older, the camera won't even work.
I am in the market for a inexpensive round the house digital camera. I am looking at a Canon Powershot SD1000, but we just need an inexpensive one to document life's little events and outings :).

#4547 Aug 15, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in the market for a inexpensive round the house digital camera. I am looking at a Canon Powershot SD1000, but we just need an inexpensive one to document life's little events and outings :).
Well, no longer in the market for a digital camera. I just bought one from the E-bay, so I hope I like it :D!! Time will tell.

#4549 Aug 22, 2012
I received the Canon Powershot SD1000 and I really like it. It takes clear photos and videos and will be a great around the house/outings camera.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!
cloudy

Brentwood, NY

#4550 Sep 24, 2012
for skunk river joe

&fe ature=related

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#4551 Sep 29, 2012
Thankfully summer is gone. It was the hottest we've ever had.

The Canadian Geese are getting restless to migrate already.

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#4552 Oct 2, 2012
cloudy wrote:
for skunk river joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GILD_3DhA-0XX&feature=rel ated
How cool! Beautiful song. Thank you.

“Doot de doot”

doot doot da...!

#4553 Oct 2, 2012
It's amazing how well that Bob Seger song fits my mood today. I just came back from visiting an old, old friend who has just started chemo therapy. We haven't seen each other for years and years. You know how it is... Life just keeps happening and friends kind of fall by the wayside.
All weekend long we visited people I knew in my youth and drove around the town I used to know. Everything is changed, Someday finally arrived and it came with wrinkles and gray hair and an all too present sense of loss. Loss in terms of the way life used to be. The friends we've lost and even harder to swallow is the knowledge of losses yet to come, Someday.
Maybe some day will be as sweet as yesterday, someday. But I doubt it.
cloudy

Brentwood, NY

#4554 Oct 5, 2012
Skunk River Joe wrote:
It's amazing how well that Bob Seger song fits my mood today. I just came back from visiting an old, old friend who has just started chemo therapy. We haven't seen each other for years and years. You know how it is... Life just keeps happening and friends kind of fall by the wayside.
All weekend long we visited people I knew in my youth and drove around the town I used to know. Everything is changed, Someday finally arrived and it came with wrinkles and gray hair and an all too present sense of loss. Loss in terms of the way life used to be. The friends we've lost and even harder to swallow is the knowledge of losses yet to come, Someday.
Maybe some day will be as sweet as yesterday, someday. But I doubt it.
Found my old address book and photos while I was packing. Too sad how many are gone. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still here. Almost like God forgot to take me too. Got some good memories from a time when people weren't so damn pissy. The music brings it all back to me.

“Doot de doot”

doot doot da...!

#4555 Oct 6, 2012
cloudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Found my old address book and photos while I was packing. Too sad how many are gone. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still here. Almost like God forgot to take me too. Got some good memories from a time when people weren't so damn pissy. The music brings it all back to me.
That was one Seger song I'd never heard. Beautiful. And it does open up the box of memories.... of better times.
native new yorker

Brentwood, NY

#4557 Oct 19, 2012
Skunk River Joe wrote:
<quoted text>That was one Seger song I'd never heard. Beautiful. And it does open up the box of memories.... of better times.
One more for ya
&fe ature=related

“Doot de doot”

doot doot da...!

#4558 Oct 22, 2012
native new yorker wrote:
<quoted text>
One more for ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =--xW8HPJRY0XX&feature=rel ated
Check this out. It's a poor recording of a beautiful song. I hosted a show with Michael and a couple of other folkies a few years ago. He's a real gentleman and his old Martin is a monument to classic guitars.

“Acts 1:7”

Since: Apr 08

thesecretary.wordpress.com/

#4559 Oct 24, 2012
*Pops in to wave and say hi* HI!

Hope everyone is doing well and finding ways to stay warm where it's cold and cool where it's hot.

Why dontcha all have a drink on me :)

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4560 Oct 24, 2012
Dryad wrote:
*Pops in to wave and say hi* HI!
Hope everyone is doing well and finding ways to stay warm where it's cold and cool where it's hot.
Why dontcha all have a drink on me :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rUQT4hykPd0XX
Hi Dryad!
Hope you are doing well and it is so good to hear from you.
Your thread here that you started is still going fairly strong and is still mainly a neutral one for folks to relax and get to know one another more.

#4561 Mar 3, 2013
Howdy everyone. I hope everyone has been doing great!

I wanted to revive this thread as a place we can come and chat nicely and ignore those who do not want a place of solace.

Gardening time is upon us again and I am weeding, and sowing seeds like crazy. I am trying Giant tree tomatoes this year as well as Early hybrid tomatoes. I will let you all know how the Giant tree tomatoes go. I bought the Giant tree tomato kit from Gardeners choice. It was supposed to grow 6 giant tree tomatoes and 6 Early hybrid, but I ended up with 10 giant trees and 15 early hybrids. They are not big enough to go outside yet. I am looking forward to seeing how they work.

Hubby is ready for me to make batch #2 of beer and his birthday is coming up, so I am hunting up another kit. Not sure what kind to try this time, I tried a blonde ale for him last time.

Hopefully everyone who wants civil discourse will check in here. I suspect some reading but not posting in the predominately hostile environment of the main threads.
way out west

Houston, TX

#4564 Mar 3, 2013
Seriously UR a liar wrote:
<quoted text>You hate God and you violate his laws. Moon shine is illegal and so is the unlicensed manufacturing of alcohol or brew. That means that you willfully violate God's law to obey the law of the land. You also violate God's law against drug abuse, since beer and alcohol are drugs.
Carry on, phoney.
Lucky for u, being stooooopid ain't against god's law........rite? ;)

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4565 Mar 3, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
I wanted to revive this thread as a place we can come and chat nicely and ignore those who do not want a place of solace.
Gardening time is upon us again and I am weeding, and sowing seeds like crazy. I am trying Giant tree tomatoes this year as well as Early hybrid tomatoes. I will let you all know how the Giant tree tomatoes go. I bought the Giant tree tomato kit from Gardeners choice. It was supposed to grow 6 giant tree tomatoes and 6 Early hybrid, but I ended up with 10 giant trees and 15 early hybrids. They are not big enough to go outside yet. I am looking forward to seeing how they work.
Hubby is ready for me to make batch #2 of beer and his birthday is coming up, so I am hunting up another kit. Not sure what kind to try this time, I tried a blonde ale for him last time.
Hopefully everyone who wants civil discourse will check in here. I suspect some reading but not posting in the predominately hostile environment of the main threads.
Hello Seriously - a great idea. We live on 5 acres in the woods but can't seem to find my green thumb. Home grown tomatoes sounds delicious, though. Keep us posted! Can't wait for crocus to come up - our sign of spring here in the Northwest. God bless you Seriously.

I'm praying for the ill-mannered attackers as it keeps my heart free, and who knows - it may even help them.

#4566 Mar 3, 2013
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Seriously - a great idea. We live on 5 acres in the woods but can't seem to find my green thumb. Home grown tomatoes sounds delicious, though. Keep us posted! Can't wait for crocus to come up - our sign of spring here in the Northwest. God bless you Seriously.
I'm praying for the ill-mannered attackers as it keeps my heart free, and who knows - it may even help them.
God's timing is perfect, and He will help them when He deems them ready. Knowing He will show them His peace, love, and healing brings me great joy.

The plaque on my wall says: Faith is not believing God can, Faith is knowing God will.

I am eager to see if the Tree tomatoes work out at all. Supposedly they can grow up to 2 lbs each tomatoes from almost 8 foot tall plants. If it survives my climate, it may be an interesting experiment and I will need a step stool to harvest. Some of the species are annual and some are perennial. I do not know which type this company sells since they did not provide the species name.

I also have my melons, cucumbers, and peppers all seeded, but not sprouted yet. I will be putting the squash and okra straight in the ground. We are all getting garden fever here getting excited about garden fresh food. We freeze extra throughout the year, but fresh is best :D.

I had kinda of a grey thumb until almost a decade ago. I guess the green part of it was just dormant. A close relative of mine used to always walk around spouting genus and species names to plants as we walked through stores or parks. I was always saying, "yes, it is green, and has pretty yellow flowers". They just laughed then. Now, I am still not really into the genus-species names, but I love growing anything. The relative is now a master gardener in their state.

I also find it a rewarding way to raise my child. She is learning that if she care for the land, the land will care for her. She has learned about the life cycle while we raise sheep, and she has learned about the water cycle watching our lake rise and fall with the seasons. She is learning a great deal about herbs, plants, animals and astronomy etc just from living in the country with all the wonders we have surrounding us. We have an awesome night sky to gaze at, and life abounds around us.

I love the land we live on, and hubby loves it even more. It was family land that was sold out of the family about 25 years ago, and we bought it back a while ago. This is the land my hubby romped on when he was a boy, and he loves to watch his kiddo romping on it too.

If you want to grow plants, start small and expand with success and learn from failures. The web is a wonderful resource. I have found that I have quite a few native medicinal and culinary herbs already present on my land.

God bless you and yours.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4569 Mar 3, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
I thinl I will start some seeds this week...March is an iffy month weather wise.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4570 Mar 3, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
God's timing is perfect, and He will help them when He deems them ready. Knowing He will show them His peace, love, and healing brings me great joy.
The plaque on my wall says: Faith is not believing God can, Faith is knowing God will.
I am eager to see if the Tree tomatoes work out at all. Supposedly they can grow up to 2 lbs each tomatoes from almost 8 foot tall plants. If it survives my climate, it may be an interesting experiment and I will need a step stool to harvest. Some of the species are annual and some are perennial. I do not know which type this company sells since they did not provide the species name.
I also have my melons, cucumbers, and peppers all seeded, but not sprouted yet. I will be putting the squash and okra straight in the ground. We are all getting garden fever here getting excited about garden fresh food. We freeze extra throughout the year, but fresh is best :D.
I had kinda of a grey thumb until almost a decade ago. I guess the green part of it was just dormant. A close relative of mine used to always walk around spouting genus and species names to plants as we walked through stores or parks. I was always saying, "yes, it is green, and has pretty yellow flowers". They just laughed then. Now, I am still not really into the genus-species names, but I love growing anything. The relative is now a master gardener in their state.
I also find it a rewarding way to raise my child. She is learning that if she care for the land, the land will care for her. She has learned about the life cycle while we raise sheep, and she has learned about the water cycle watching our lake rise and fall with the seasons. She is learning a great deal about herbs, plants, animals and astronomy etc just from living in the country with all the wonders we have surrounding us. We have an awesome night sky to gaze at, and life abounds around us.
I love the land we live on, and hubby loves it even more. It was family land that was sold out of the family about 25 years ago, and we bought it back a while ago. This is the land my hubby romped on when he was a boy, and he loves to watch his kiddo romping on it too.
If you want to grow plants, start small and expand with success and learn from failures. The web is a wonderful resource. I have found that I have quite a few native medicinal and culinary herbs already present on my land.
God bless you and yours.
sounds like a good life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religious Freedom 18 min Passing thru 119
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 37 min LORD THE MOUNT ROCK 2,573
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 1 hr Truth 172
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Not Of This World... 19,898
UK is a Masonic police state (fact) 7 hr Melchizedek 1
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 8 hr LORD THE MOUNT ROCK 227
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 18 hr Big Al 238
all religions are myths and fictions 19 hr Passing thru 50
More from around the web