|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

_Penny Love wrote:
<quoted text>Your listening skills seem to be a major problem. I said to go to that person and ask them to forgive you for all that you have done wrong. I said take responsibility for the problem and admit that you were the cause.
Why is this important? It is important because if you expect the other person to ask for forgiveness and admit fault, then you are asking them to see in themselves what you refuse to see in yourself. Your self centered ideology clouds your vision. You keep posting about forgiving the other person, which is you trying to be perfect and finding fault in them. The reality of the situation is that the fault lies all in you and you must ask for forgiveness, and confess your fault ot that person.
The Lord's Prayer.
In asking forgiveness, the effect is diminished, if not completely nullified, when a person says, "I will forgive you if you will forgive me." This implies equal fault, and the other person may not feel that way about it at all. Such an expression can frequently be a stimulant for a continuation of the argument. Admitting a wrong and asking for forgiveness is obviously more effective. And it is certainly more effective if a person does not try to apportion blame or fault. Suppose the other individual is 90% at fault and you are only 10%. Ask for forgiveness for the 10%, and it is very important to define it. Just "Please forgive me for whatever I did wrong." is not the answer. There is an implication in such a remark that the person is not sure he or she did anything wrong, especially if it can't be identified.
~Shalom~
Your post shows what exactly what I expected. You know nothing of my situation yet you presume inside knowledge, and as a result you predictably flaunt your ignorance.

Some situations are strictly the fault of one side. These particular examples are not what happened in my situation, but how about you tell me what a rape victim should apologize to her rapist for or what does the child abused by their parents apologize to their parents for? Being within the reach of the rapist or for being born?

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

_Penny Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I should reiterate, I have forgiven the person who committed the offense, so the only need to discuss this was my decision to use it as an example for another Christian. No further discussion is needed, and your post analysis of a situation you have no knowledge of is not needed.

Have a great week.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

We had another great pool party this weekend, and hope to have kiddos Grandma over for a pool party this coming weekend!!

Hope all had a great weekend, and are doing well.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Judge Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>Since, those examples were not your situation, we can assume that you were in a conflict in which you shared some fault. The question was have you asked for forgiveness and admitted fault. I understand, it is a difficult thing. Consider, even the rape victim can has forgiveness for harboring such anger and hate, and can understand that sin manifested in that person. What if the rapist and child abuser had been raped and molested herself since infancy, beaten, locked in a closet for years and had been conditioned into that behavior? Shall you now seek forgiveness because of the anger and hate that you harbored?
Since, you used two arbitrary examples, maybe you should consider that we are all using arbitrary examples. Any specifics you can filter into your own life, and make the necessary application, but until then I do believe that we are talking in general.
If you are speaking specifically to an unknown rape victim of child abuse, then the answer is still to ask for forgiveness for the hate and anger that may have caused the rapist pain. Also, seek forgiveness for not understanding that she may have been abused, raped and tortured far worse. That is how you stop the cycle of abuse.
Remember, God is perfect so never at fault, so why should He forgive you, when you can not ask for forgiveness when you are obviously imperfect.
Spiritual note: This is a growth position, not a selfish position.
Also, I am speaking in general.
My situation is resolved and in a Biblical manner, so no further details are needed nor will they be given. I am at peace and the offender is at peace. No further actions or analysis needed.

May your family members never experience acts of violence. I sadly can imagine you telling your 18 year old daughter to go to her rapist and apologize to him for her causing him to rape her as she shares blame in being raped or because she has no right to be angry at him for raping her. Or telling your nephew who was beaten regularly as a small child they should ask for forgiveness from the parent that beat them since they share blame for their parent beating them or they just did not try hard enough through the blows to have empathy as maybe their parent was beaten as a child too. I am unclear what has happened in your past to cause such warped views, but I truly do pray you find peace from it.

If acts of violence were to happen in your family, you would cause so much more damage with your attitude as the affected either would believe they are in fact at fault for what happened to them or a rift would be caused between you and they as they looked to you for support and love, but only received "accept your blame and go apologize since *you* must have done something wrong to cause this persons violence against you." May you and your families life always be "golden" so you do not impose your damaging views on those around in their times of trouble.

I will no longer respond on this subject as I will not aid you in your delusions of authority on situations you have no knowledge of.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
Stalker.
I must really be in some narcissist's obsessed head, given he stalked me here to start trouble and all.
Such is the price of being so famous I suppose, sigh...
Charlie Manson, ever heard of him? He's famous too!

;-)

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Charlie Manson, ever heard of him? He's famous too!
;-)
Isn't it funny how someone could accuse people of being a narcissist in the same post the laud their own fame. That is truly psycho.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Judge Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>Like, I said to you, this is a growth position, not a selfish position. You can keep adding your spin all that you want, but it is your spin. Maybe, blame is your issue, but it is not what I spoke about at all.
As Jesus said, who is to blame, the child, the parent or sin itself which dwells and runs rampant in all.
I do know a person who experienced the worse, it was destroying her and it was due to the anger and hatred. She actually wanted to kill this family member and wanted to get permission from everyone else. It was her anger and her cancer. She would finally ask for forgiveness for the anger and hate that she had towards the person, invited the person to her wedding and let it go. The family member did not attend, but her anger was gone and it was no longer her issue.
A growth issue, not a selfish issue.
Healing is one of God's gift to those who forgive completely. Spiritual growth is derived from forgiveness as well. I am glad your friend forgave the perpetrator as it is the only path to inner peace. Without forgiveness, one is usually consumed by anger and bitterness and that is not God's plan for anyone. Full forgiveness brings a great feeling of calm and peace! Congrats to your friend as forgiveness is not always an easy path.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Healing is one of God's gift to those who forgive completely. Spiritual growth is derived from forgiveness as well. I am glad your friend forgave the perpetrator as it is the only path to inner peace. Without forgiveness, one is usually consumed by anger and bitterness and that is not God's plan for anyone. Full forgiveness brings a great feeling of calm and peace! Congrats to your friend as forgiveness is not always an easy path.
Your kind and generous approach is noticed and appreciated Seriously. Just thought it would help to know that. God bless you.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Making zucchini/tomato salsa tonight. Appetizer of Chips and Salsa will be served tomorrow around 6pm EST, but sadly, you are on your own for dinner as I am only doing appetizers this time. Maybe someone else will provide dinner.......

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind and generous approach is noticed and appreciated Seriously. Just thought it would help to know that. God bless you.
Thank you, and I sent you a pm :).

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
Making zucchini/tomato salsa tonight. Appetizer of Chips and Salsa will be served tomorrow around 6pm EST, but sadly, you are on your own for dinner as I am only doing appetizers this time. Maybe someone else will provide dinner.......
I have some old green hamburger that doesn't smell that bad yet, I'll cook it up for tomorrow's dinner. Think of it as an early Christmas special, complete with festive colors!

Hmm... Here's some blue stuff also. Don't know what it is, but blue and green always go together well, don't ya think?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, and I sent you a pm :).
You sent her a Prime Minister??!!

Show off!

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some old green hamburger that doesn't smell that bad yet, I'll cook it up for tomorrow's dinner. Think of it as an early Christmas special, complete with festive colors!
Hmm... Here's some blue stuff also. Don't know what it is, but blue and green always go together well, don't ya think?
They have to go well together. You cannot have green without blue first LOL. I have some yellow squash from our bumper crop that I will cook up so we can have two primary colors that blended to make the secondary....that has gotta make for an awesome meal!!

Now, who is providing beverages??

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
You sent her a Prime Minister??!!
Show off!
You had a chance to try to out do me even if you were bluffing, but it sounds like you are going to fold instead.

How is your huge pup? We may need to post photos some day since I have two sable German Shepherds--ours are short haired though and I think I read yours was long haired. One male at almost 100lbs and closing in on two years of age rapidly. One female at 40lbs who is 5.5 months old.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a chance to try to out do me even if you were bluffing, but it sounds like you are going to fold instead.
How is your huge pup? We may need to post photos some day since I have two sable German Shepherds--ours are short haired though and I think I read yours was long haired. One male at almost 100lbs and closing in on two years of age rapidly. One female at 40lbs who is 5.5 months old.
German Shepherds all look pretty much the same to me, except for the black one's. So sorry, but I just cannot get too enthused over his looks. And after my most beautiful old dog, all others I get will be pale by comparison.

And I had no idea how rare Belgian Sheepdogs are. So I doubt I will ever get the chance to get another one to see if they are like my old one.

But my "puppy" is coming along, just slower to train than all my former dogs. And likes to play all the time. It always cracks me up to turn around and see this huge German Shepherd standing there with a pleading play with me look in his eyes, and a floppy ragged teddy bear hanging from his mouth. Kind of clashes with the ferocious guard dog image they are known for.

I didn't know German Shepherds had a short haired variety. I'll have to check that out.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
German Shepherds all look pretty much the same to me, except for the black one's. So sorry, but I just cannot get too enthused over his looks. And after my most beautiful old dog, all others I get will be pale by comparison.
And I had no idea how rare Belgian Sheepdogs are. So I doubt I will ever get the chance to get another one to see if they are like my old one.
But my "puppy" is coming along, just slower to train than all my former dogs. And likes to play all the time. It always cracks me up to turn around and see this huge German Shepherd standing there with a pleading play with me look in his eyes, and a floppy ragged teddy bear hanging from his mouth. Kind of clashes with the ferocious guard dog image they are known for.
I didn't know German Shepherds had a short haired variety. I'll have to check that out.
I was unaware there was a long haired version until about 4 months ago. Where I live, long haired would be simply miserable! We got the sable color mostly so they will not be as hot during the scorching summers. I will post pics in as soon as I can :).

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

It has been forever since I loaded photos, but let me give it a try:

The two of them together about a month ago:

http://tinypic.com/r/5lduro/6

Our big boy:

http://tinypic.com/r/21lmyqx/6

Our young girl (she is much darker than the male):

http://tinypic.com/r/10xbvnt/6

Their colors may change some until they are three years old, and then they will be set, so either could get lighter or darker.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Judge Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you coming by for the chips, salsa and dinner later? See ya later if you do!

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
It has been forever since I loaded photos, but let me give it a try:
The two of them together about a month ago:
http://tinypic.com/r/5lduro/6
Our big boy:
http://tinypic.com/r/21lmyqx/6
Our young girl (she is much darker than the male):
http://tinypic.com/r/10xbvnt/6
Their colors may change some until they are three years old, and then they will be set, so either could get lighter or darker.
Interesting.

They are quite different looking than the German Shepherds around here. And the legs and feet look skinny/small for such large dogs. Mine has huge feet and legs that look about twice as thick. And I'm just the opposite on what I want in a dog. As it's cool to cold here more than it is hot.(Well, I'm worried that may change with this climate change.) So I prefer a dog with a thick coat,as I do a lot of hiking. Which makes finding another dog near impossible, as probably 90% of the dogs I see advertised are short haired ones.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer said. Try to remember, your forgiveness of her is not for her, it is for you. It allows you to heal a bit and helps prevent bitterness from consuming you. It does nothing for her really. You can forgive her for the pain she has caused you, and you need not even tell her she is forgiven if you are not really speaking right now.
I have forgiven one family member of causing me pain when they have neither asked for forgiveness nor do they believe they ever did anything wrong. They also do not know I have forgiven them as to tell them would be pointless since they feel they did nothing wrong. I will never understand the reasoning they had at the time, but I know not forgiving them was harming me and my walk with Christ and doing nothing towards them. I suffered for my lack of forgiveness, not them.
Forgiveness does not mean condoning their actions past or future or even reconciliation. It simply means letting go of the anger and bitterness that you feel towards the actions someone committed against you.
It is NOT easy especially when the transgressions are ongoing, so I will keep you in my thoughts. May you be granted some peace in the difficult waters you find yourself. Thanks for checking in.
You know what though?
There's a lot more to forgiveness than just letting go of your anger and bitterness towards someone who's wronged you.
To wholly and truly forgive is to love those who wrong you the same way you would if they never had.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,381 - 4,400 of4,443
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 17 min 15th Dalai Lama 7,096
At what point during a job interview... 22 min Cisco Kid 70
New report shows over 80% of homes are unafford... 33 min Cisco Kid 13
Blame Conservatives for a Godless government 2 hr blacklagoon 74
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr NDanger 893
9/11 was an inside job 3 hr Prince of Darkness 39
Islam will prevail 3 hr Prince of Darkness 73
•••
•••