“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#4520 Aug 13, 2012
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Charlie Manson, ever heard of him? He's famous too!
;-)
Isn't it funny how someone could accuse people of being a narcissist in the same post the laud their own fame. That is truly psycho.

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

#4522 Aug 13, 2012
Judge Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>Like, I said to you, this is a growth position, not a selfish position. You can keep adding your spin all that you want, but it is your spin. Maybe, blame is your issue, but it is not what I spoke about at all.
As Jesus said, who is to blame, the child, the parent or sin itself which dwells and runs rampant in all.
I do know a person who experienced the worse, it was destroying her and it was due to the anger and hatred. She actually wanted to kill this family member and wanted to get permission from everyone else. It was her anger and her cancer. She would finally ask for forgiveness for the anger and hate that she had towards the person, invited the person to her wedding and let it go. The family member did not attend, but her anger was gone and it was no longer her issue.
A growth issue, not a selfish issue.
Healing is one of God's gift to those who forgive completely. Spiritual growth is derived from forgiveness as well. I am glad your friend forgave the perpetrator as it is the only path to inner peace. Without forgiveness, one is usually consumed by anger and bitterness and that is not God's plan for anyone. Full forgiveness brings a great feeling of calm and peace! Congrats to your friend as forgiveness is not always an easy path.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4523 Aug 13, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Healing is one of God's gift to those who forgive completely. Spiritual growth is derived from forgiveness as well. I am glad your friend forgave the perpetrator as it is the only path to inner peace. Without forgiveness, one is usually consumed by anger and bitterness and that is not God's plan for anyone. Full forgiveness brings a great feeling of calm and peace! Congrats to your friend as forgiveness is not always an easy path.
Your kind and generous approach is noticed and appreciated Seriously. Just thought it would help to know that. God bless you.

bring others to Christ

#4524 Aug 13, 2012
Making zucchini/tomato salsa tonight. Appetizer of Chips and Salsa will be served tomorrow around 6pm EST, but sadly, you are on your own for dinner as I am only doing appetizers this time. Maybe someone else will provide dinner.......

bring others to Christ

#4525 Aug 13, 2012
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind and generous approach is noticed and appreciated Seriously. Just thought it would help to know that. God bless you.
Thank you, and I sent you a pm :).

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#4526 Aug 13, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
Making zucchini/tomato salsa tonight. Appetizer of Chips and Salsa will be served tomorrow around 6pm EST, but sadly, you are on your own for dinner as I am only doing appetizers this time. Maybe someone else will provide dinner.......
I have some old green hamburger that doesn't smell that bad yet, I'll cook it up for tomorrow's dinner. Think of it as an early Christmas special, complete with festive colors!

Hmm... Here's some blue stuff also. Don't know what it is, but blue and green always go together well, don't ya think?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#4527 Aug 13, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, and I sent you a pm :).
You sent her a Prime Minister??!!

Show off!

bring others to Christ

#4528 Aug 13, 2012
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some old green hamburger that doesn't smell that bad yet, I'll cook it up for tomorrow's dinner. Think of it as an early Christmas special, complete with festive colors!
Hmm... Here's some blue stuff also. Don't know what it is, but blue and green always go together well, don't ya think?
They have to go well together. You cannot have green without blue first LOL. I have some yellow squash from our bumper crop that I will cook up so we can have two primary colors that blended to make the secondary....that has gotta make for an awesome meal!!

Now, who is providing beverages??

bring others to Christ

#4529 Aug 13, 2012
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
You sent her a Prime Minister??!!
Show off!
You had a chance to try to out do me even if you were bluffing, but it sounds like you are going to fold instead.

How is your huge pup? We may need to post photos some day since I have two sable German Shepherds--ours are short haired though and I think I read yours was long haired. One male at almost 100lbs and closing in on two years of age rapidly. One female at 40lbs who is 5.5 months old.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#4530 Aug 13, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a chance to try to out do me even if you were bluffing, but it sounds like you are going to fold instead.
How is your huge pup? We may need to post photos some day since I have two sable German Shepherds--ours are short haired though and I think I read yours was long haired. One male at almost 100lbs and closing in on two years of age rapidly. One female at 40lbs who is 5.5 months old.
German Shepherds all look pretty much the same to me, except for the black one's. So sorry, but I just cannot get too enthused over his looks. And after my most beautiful old dog, all others I get will be pale by comparison.

And I had no idea how rare Belgian Sheepdogs are. So I doubt I will ever get the chance to get another one to see if they are like my old one.

But my "puppy" is coming along, just slower to train than all my former dogs. And likes to play all the time. It always cracks me up to turn around and see this huge German Shepherd standing there with a pleading play with me look in his eyes, and a floppy ragged teddy bear hanging from his mouth. Kind of clashes with the ferocious guard dog image they are known for.

I didn't know German Shepherds had a short haired variety. I'll have to check that out.

bring others to Christ

#4531 Aug 14, 2012
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
German Shepherds all look pretty much the same to me, except for the black one's. So sorry, but I just cannot get too enthused over his looks. And after my most beautiful old dog, all others I get will be pale by comparison.
And I had no idea how rare Belgian Sheepdogs are. So I doubt I will ever get the chance to get another one to see if they are like my old one.
But my "puppy" is coming along, just slower to train than all my former dogs. And likes to play all the time. It always cracks me up to turn around and see this huge German Shepherd standing there with a pleading play with me look in his eyes, and a floppy ragged teddy bear hanging from his mouth. Kind of clashes with the ferocious guard dog image they are known for.
I didn't know German Shepherds had a short haired variety. I'll have to check that out.
I was unaware there was a long haired version until about 4 months ago. Where I live, long haired would be simply miserable! We got the sable color mostly so they will not be as hot during the scorching summers. I will post pics in as soon as I can :).

bring others to Christ

#4532 Aug 14, 2012
It has been forever since I loaded photos, but let me give it a try:

The two of them together about a month ago:

http://tinypic.com/r/5lduro/6

Our big boy:

http://tinypic.com/r/21lmyqx/6

Our young girl (she is much darker than the male):

http://tinypic.com/r/10xbvnt/6

Their colors may change some until they are three years old, and then they will be set, so either could get lighter or darker.

bring others to Christ

#4534 Aug 14, 2012
Judge Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you coming by for the chips, salsa and dinner later? See ya later if you do!

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#4535 Aug 14, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
It has been forever since I loaded photos, but let me give it a try:
The two of them together about a month ago:
http://tinypic.com/r/5lduro/6
Our big boy:
http://tinypic.com/r/21lmyqx/6
Our young girl (she is much darker than the male):
http://tinypic.com/r/10xbvnt/6
Their colors may change some until they are three years old, and then they will be set, so either could get lighter or darker.
Interesting.

They are quite different looking than the German Shepherds around here. And the legs and feet look skinny/small for such large dogs. Mine has huge feet and legs that look about twice as thick. And I'm just the opposite on what I want in a dog. As it's cool to cold here more than it is hot.(Well, I'm worried that may change with this climate change.) So I prefer a dog with a thick coat,as I do a lot of hiking. Which makes finding another dog near impossible, as probably 90% of the dogs I see advertised are short haired ones.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#4536 Aug 14, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer said. Try to remember, your forgiveness of her is not for her, it is for you. It allows you to heal a bit and helps prevent bitterness from consuming you. It does nothing for her really. You can forgive her for the pain she has caused you, and you need not even tell her she is forgiven if you are not really speaking right now.
I have forgiven one family member of causing me pain when they have neither asked for forgiveness nor do they believe they ever did anything wrong. They also do not know I have forgiven them as to tell them would be pointless since they feel they did nothing wrong. I will never understand the reasoning they had at the time, but I know not forgiving them was harming me and my walk with Christ and doing nothing towards them. I suffered for my lack of forgiveness, not them.
Forgiveness does not mean condoning their actions past or future or even reconciliation. It simply means letting go of the anger and bitterness that you feel towards the actions someone committed against you.
It is NOT easy especially when the transgressions are ongoing, so I will keep you in my thoughts. May you be granted some peace in the difficult waters you find yourself. Thanks for checking in.
You know what though?
There's a lot more to forgiveness than just letting go of your anger and bitterness towards someone who's wronged you.
To wholly and truly forgive is to love those who wrong you the same way you would if they never had.
Truth sayer

Northridge, CA

#4540 Aug 15, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
My situation is resolved and in a Biblical manner, so no further details are needed nor will they be given. I am at peace and the offender is at peace. No further actions or analysis needed.
May your family members never experience acts of violence. I sadly can imagine you telling your 18 year old daughter to go to her rapist and apologize to him for her causing him to rape her as she shares blame in being raped or because she has no right to be angry at him for raping her. Or telling your nephew who was beaten regularly as a small child they should ask for forgiveness from the parent that beat them since they share blame for their parent beating them or they just did not try hard enough through the blows to have empathy as maybe their parent was beaten as a child too. I am unclear what has happened in your past to cause such warped views, but I truly do pray you find peace from it.
If acts of violence were to happen in your family, you would cause so much more damage with your attitude as the affected either would believe they are in fact at fault for what happened to them or a rift would be caused between you and they as they looked to you for support and love, but only received "accept your blame and go apologize since *you* must have done something wrong to cause this persons violence against you." May you and your families life always be "golden" so you do not impose your damaging views on those around in their times of trouble.
I will no longer respond on this subject as I will not aid you in your delusions of authority on situations you have no knowledge of.
You are simply a hypocrite. If you know, then there is no need to spell it out. But, you are blind.

You mentioned a rapist, a person who beat a child, child beaten by parent, and acts of violence.

You said these things, right.

Now, let me ask you this, are you judging the rapist, judging the person who beat the child, the parent who beats the child or any person who commit acts of violence and are you now judging the homosexual?

Well, according to you,unless they are Christians, then you can not judge them at all. You believe that it is up to God to judge them and tell them they were wrong. According to you, even if you forgive them, you are judging them and telling them that they sinned and did something wrong.

So, according to you,unless these people were Christians, you have nothing to forgive and only God can forgive them. Unless, you are changing your position and you now think that you can judge sinners, forgive them and tell homosexuals that you forgive them for sinning.

So, have you changed your positions and now you judge and forgive homosexuals? Are you at peace now with homosexuals, and now homosexuals are all at peace?

God is not about your situation, His laws and rules do not change because of your feelings. God does not measure sin by what offends you. God is just as offended by a homosexual, as He is by a person who molested you as a child. If your position has not changed, then only God can judge and call it a sin if a person abuses you when were a child. What have you to forgive, if you do not judge the act as a sin?

By your words, you are neither to condone or condemn a person who molests or rapes you now or even when you were a child.

I mean, if you are a hypocrite, then what you say makes sense to you, in your world of hypocrisy.

God Bless you and yours.

bring others to Christ

#4541 Aug 15, 2012
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
They are quite different looking than the German Shepherds around here. And the legs and feet look skinny/small for such large dogs. Mine has huge feet and legs that look about twice as thick. And I'm just the opposite on what I want in a dog. As it's cool to cold here more than it is hot.(Well, I'm worried that may change with this climate change.) So I prefer a dog with a thick coat,as I do a lot of hiking. Which makes finding another dog near impossible, as probably 90% of the dogs I see advertised are short haired ones.
I think the feet looking small is a trick of the angle of the camera since the adult's feet are pretty proportional IMO. I noticed the legs and feet looked tiny in the photo. The male's feet are at least as large as my palm if not larger.

The vets here say this type of Shepherd is weather hearty to mid/low 20's without shelter and high teens with shelter. They have a thick undercoat in winter, but we still bring them in if it dips below 30.

bring others to Christ

#4542 Aug 15, 2012
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what though?
There's a lot more to forgiveness than just letting go of your anger and bitterness towards someone who's wronged you.
To wholly and truly forgive is to love those who wrong you the same way you would if they never had.
I sent you a pm since the people's lounge is supposed to be for light and friendly discussions only :).
Truth sayer

Northridge, CA

#4543 Aug 15, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I sent you a pm since the people's lounge is supposed to be for light and friendly discussions only :).
Wrong.....not a chance. You started the discussion. Also, Native's Christian Pit was supposed to be for light and friendly discussions. This is just another "den of iniquity", but a good place to discuss your hypocrisy. Why would you judge a person who abused you, according to you, that is God's job. You are instructed in your mind of hypocrisy to neither condone or condemn their acts. In other words, there is nothing for you to forgive unless you first judge it as sinful and harmful. Just like the homosexual, they may not see it as a sin.

God does not like a hypocrite, you know since that is what He was saying about judge not les ye be judge, for what measure you judge others by ye shall be judge....right now, isn't your measure hypocrisy.

Don't answer...reflex answers are never good and always judgmental.

bring others to Christ

#4544 Aug 15, 2012
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
If you feel like it, I would love to see a photo of your shepherd pup. If not, just let me know what he is referred as ie: long haired, black/tan or whatever so I can look up what he might look like if you do not mind. I am curious now, thanks :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Challenge to all Christians 3 min 15th Dalai Lama 327
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 6 min INDUCTED INTO THE... 304
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min TIM958 4,237
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 6 min Son of Man 1,941
LGBT Infestation Right on Schedule! 26 min dollarsbill 16
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 44 min dollarsbill 15
here's mine 57 min INDUCTED INTO THE... 2
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 3,528
Sodom and Gomorrah And Drunk incest. 4 hr Vinamese 273
More from around the web