Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

No, he was a paid up christian all his life.

But how many gods do you believe in?
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The deist god. That's the only god it could be.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The deist god. That's the only god it could be.
"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice." - Adolph Hitler
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice." - Adolph Hitler
If naturalism were true then all thoughts whatever would be wholly the result of irrational causes. It cuts its own throat.
Author: C.S. Lewis
Job

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>It might not be your intent, but that saying like so many carries a set of ideas and beliefs with it/them.
When we keep seeking to make these acts outside of the general collective, by making the characters involved somehow "other-worldly", not a part of the general population - we do ourselves a disservice. It feeds superstition and only pushes our collective ability to truly deal with these events, their aftermath and very real future possibility of the same - further away.
I dont mind if some of the individuals involved seek religious/spiritual support for these hard times in their lives, go for it! But I do mind when zealot Religious Leaders and public commentators offer their reasons and solutions in some cut and dry manner, that says Its all due to a lack of True Faith, lack of talk about Hell and punishment in schools, or that its this Entity called "The World" (which is really just another name for Satan) trying to bring ruination upon us - and IF we'd just pray more and everywhere, etc - it would all go away.
I mind that too many Religiously minded people wish to sweep the realities and the whole discussion under the rug to make some ridiculous Religious point, that does nothing to help Society deal with the real problems.
Saying/insisting that "We need to all pray and everything would right itself", is not a real solution to anything.
Praying is not a magic formula. And it would be incongruous to expect/demand those who don't believe in God to pray.

There were many religious people during Jesus' time in human form, who often prayed, and yet there was a naked violent man that in the tombs who 'no' one could control. I'm not relating the man possessed by "Legion" to the man in Connecticut, but using this example to make a point. It 'would' do 'anyone' good to consider that there may very well be some things our advanced minds (in the general "modern world" sense) that we just don't have, and never will have the answer for. And until we do consider this, unfortunately many will continue to be locked away, forgotten in mental institutions.

And yes, there are those who have been set free either where there was fasting and praying involved, or simply the "name of Jesus" was used. We can all keep writing it off as coincidence, or we can 'actually' put theme of "being opened minded" into practice.

We have to also keep in mind, the religious leaders of the day didn't like it when Jesus released a person from their torment. They probably would have been okay with it if religious ritual took care of the problem (of course it not happening of the Sabbath). Society may not like to see people set free unless it's via technology.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Aslan died for us, not jesus.
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If naturalism were true then all thoughts whatever would be wholly the result of irrational causes. It cuts its own throat.
Author: C.S. Lewis
kill em all

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>True that! People sitting on death row for 15-20...ridiculous...

Guaranteed if the punishment was swift (ie your suggestion), I believe it would deter and if not, it would certainly cut down on taxes and perps...
We could have e combined execution & abortion facility, the victims/patients roll in one end on conveyor belts, the killing is done in the middle with the waste matter being incinerated in situ and the emptied woman carrying on out on the belt!.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Nobjockey.
kill em all wrote:
<quoted text>
We could have e combined execution & abortion facility, the victims/patients roll in one end on conveyor belts, the killing is done in the middle with the waste matter being incinerated in situ and the emptied woman carrying on out on the belt!.
UK atheist

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Nobjockey.
You like saying that don't ya?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Cockpuppet.
UK atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You like saying that don't ya?

“God bless you (o: welcome (o:”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

hi Punisher you wrote:
But you folks KEEP claiming this is and always was a fully bred and formed Xtian nation!?
Forgiveness is included in being Christian. I'm not sure that killing English people's sons is forgiving. And our Apostle Paul did not say to try to overthrow the Romans who had been oppressive. So, the Tories had scriptural reason not to try to rebel against the king. But they were not treated as being equal and welcome to have their personal religious beliefs. Plus ... after the Revolution, I have read ... once ... that the Tories were kicked out ... back to England. Is there any historical record to show they were offered Christian forgiveness and reconciliation? If not, then I'd have to consider the United States was not established on a foundation of forgiveness which is Christian! What do the records show?

"'For if you do not forgive men their trespasses, nor will your heavenly Father forgive your trespasses.'" (Matthew 5:15)

Ones were saying that England was using them like slaves, but they themselves had no problem keeping slaves ... in the North and also in the South.

So, I see a pattern, here > when Americans have felt things are wrong for them, they clobber whoever is making a problem for them; then they say, "Let's have peace," but after they have killed and enslaved and hurt others in order to get on top > then is when all of a sudden they say there should be human rights and equality, etc.... after they have more power than anyone else and don't want to have to use it to fight opposition.

This was done with sovereign tribal nations in the West, and in taking Mexican sovereign territory which is now part of Texas. Ones killed even squaws and children, and killed Mexicans who were defending their own land. Then we hear, let's have peace and let's get along ... now that we have what we demand.

This is how the world works. But in God's kingdom our leaders feed us > "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3) Our examples feed us how to be in love and how to be loving with any and all people ... loving our neighbors as much as we care about our own selves. This is not in the foundation of how Americans have related with tribal peoples and Mexicans.

And if you or I a Christian gain control of what has been taken from someone, don't we arrange for it to be given back? But nations of this world do not do things this way. It is good to simply defect to the one nation of Jesus Christ > "'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny Himself and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.'" (Luke 9:23) So, this is first, instead of me self-righteously using up my time and attention and emotions in judging and "trying to control" what worldly people have been doing!(c:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Punisher you wrote wrote:
...that it was not Xtian beliefs that upheld slavery for too long and sent millions to their death over it...that then wrote Jim Crow Laws in response to their resounding military loss.
I would say that Jesus said there would be many false Christians; so I would not misrepresent Christ's way, by saying the wrong ones have been Christians.
and you wrote:
That its not the Xtians beliefs of this land being the new Eden and that Americans are the new chosen peoples who can exploit and waste resources because our way of excessive living is a gift from this God - but rather the work of Demons and those who refuse to worship the Xtian God, who prefer Worldly things, and such...
In the United States, there have been resources enough so there can be a middle class ... with people materially satisfied so they don't rise up and take down the higher-ups who are in power. But now this could be changing. There seem to not be so many resources. And it looks as though ones in political power could be testing how much they can get away with, including by allowing jobs and financial resources to go to other countries ... without taking care of the people who have worked for them and trusted them to take care of them. Betraying trust is not loving.

However, I have heard a number of stories about how workers can be greedy and try to use unions to get more than they need. And if someone doesn't join them, they can track a person home and stone him. So, ones can use the law when it suits their purpose.

So-o-o ... when ones of the human world don't get their way, then is when they can show their true colors. I would not say these are Christians. But never mind anyone else > how do I become when one of my own treasure pleasures gets messed-with? OH-oh!)c: It's so easy to point at someone else.
Its you Xtians who keep claiming that due to various encroaching aspects of secularism - like no more school prayer, or shared holiday scenes in the public square, or any of whole host of things...gay marriage, legalized abortion, etc...that has caused this ONCE devout and blessed Xtian nation to loose those blessings of your God.
A few nasty nonsensers can make themselves seem like they are the big picture. Are we this able to be fooled by ones who can get themselves on our TV screen? Well, if we think what's on our TV is the big picture -- and if we suppose that surely no competent reporting people would ever show us what is not ... correctly representative > well, yes, I can fool my own self, and there are plenty of people to help me to, I would say (c:

There are people who want others to be stupid enough so they can fool them. If I want you to be foolish enough so I can fool you, then I do not love you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

you sarcastically wrote:
IF Only we'd go back to the rituals of worship and devout Xtian adherence...
Well, not all people claiming to be Christian mean for us to go back to church service copy-cat culture. We have seen how ones in copy-cat religion can't tell the difference between a real pastor and a predator.

Like I offer > what you see for a moment on TV does not represent the big picture, or all who claim to be Christians. But a couple can cleverly get themselves up for show ... while others work so hard ; and the show-and-tellers claim they are the ones who represent all the others! And ones are fooled into thinking these show piecers represent others then themselves. Counterfeit money does not represent the real money!(c:
Sorry, but the Xtians claims and solutions all fall flat on their face because its YOU/others who want it not both ways, but in any damn direction you can dream up to justify your silly myths as factual and in need of more support - in order to cure this nation and the world at large. Its you folks who live under the delusion that if MORE people believed and worshiped all things would magically right themselves.
OH! well ... I can do this ... while I am being stupid ... instead of taking a look at myself. It's easier to point at others.

But, of course, an amount of the religion that has been flushed was in homes where gays and atheists and abortionists and arguers and complainers and unforgiving people were being produced ... with religious parents who were socially accepted and making sure they fit in.

But that did not deeply make their children strong enough to hold up emotionally. And God's love was not satisfying them to love any and all people. And in the weakness of culture copy-cat religion people do not have strength and so they can be hurt and hurt their own selves if nobody else does. So, once their kids discovered that copy-catting was not going to satisfy them, they went looking elsewhere ... to peers who could be very into making them conform, like their parents were trying to do.

And peers can be very dictatorial, too, holding acceptance hostage in order to make you meet their demands. So, peer influence and conforming can fail, too. But the peers control the pleasures each other wants. So, they can have more power.

So, Christian religion that is just outward does not work, and neither does peer influence.

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14) God's love gives you the strength to hold up in a relationship "without complaining and disputing" (Philippians 2:14), and in His love we have sense for knowing who we belong with (c:

However, while we are trying to use people for our treasured pleasures, and willing to betray trust by fooling people ... we are not in such personal and trustworthy love; and so this is why we are weak enough to stay hurt and not be able to know who the real love people are.
Vegetarian

Cicero, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I believe the Word of God and REALLY don't give a shit about YOUR opinions,,,,YES, you WILL be gone one day. YOU and all the rest of the ignorant ass God haters. There finally WILL BE PEACE ON EARTH AND GOOD WILL TOWARD MAN.
Is this the same God that Mass Murdered the world in a flood? Yes, what a great role model!
ran76

Caguas, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually realize how much of a fool you are? Do you realize that every time you make a post, utter ignorance is all you write?
that's odd because Hitler wrote "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

then there are these little tidbits:
scienceblogsDOTcom/pharyngula/ 2006/08/23/list-of-hitler-quot es-he-was-q/

looks like you're the ignorant one here.
Prophet of God

Mescalero, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

ran76 wrote:
<quoted text>
that's odd because Hitler wrote "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
then there are these little tidbits:
scienceblogsDOTcom/pharyngula/ 2006/08/23/list-of-hitler-quot es-he-was-q/
looks like you're the ignorant one here.
From this time forth, every time you
post on this Christian forum on this
website. 7 evil spirits shall come upon you
and your family and dwell with you and shall not
depart from you, except by my word.

Thus saith my God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••