Any serial killers or mass murderers without a religious upbringing?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frank L Ludwig

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

As an atheist I recently wrote a history of atheism, and during my research I came across something that stunned even me. I was aware that amost all serial killers and mass murderers are religious, but it appears that even the few atheists amongst them have had a religious upbringing (like Joseph Stalin who had studied to become a priest).
On top of this, I wasn't even able to find a convicted child abuser without a religious upbringing.
There don't seem to be any articles or researches on this subject, but the absence of any indication on the internet seems to point out that there really aren't any cases.
However, I want to be accurate, and I believe that a religious forum is be the best place to check this.
Does anybody know of any mass murderers, serial killers or child abusers who did not have a religious upbringing?
(By the way, if you are interested, you can find the essay at http://franklludwig.com/atheism.html )
Jericho

Snohomish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Hello, I suggest you do some research on the top 3 mass murderers. In order they are Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler. All three were world leaders, and all three tried to oppress religion. I am sure you have heard little about their crimes.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

BS. Hitler was a catholic leading majority protestant country. The German uniform included the badge "gott mit uns" (god with us)

Did you know that Stalin was kicked out of priest school because he was too poor to make the fees? Still, he learnt enough there to keep the gullible on side.
Jericho wrote:
Hello, I suggest you do some research on the top 3 mass murderers. In order they are Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler. All three were world leaders, and all three tried to oppress religion. I am sure you have heard little about their crimes.
Job

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Frank L Ludwig wrote:
As an atheist I recently wrote a history of atheism, and during my research I came across something that stunned even me. I was aware that amost all serial killers and mass murderers are religious, but it appears that even the few atheists amongst them have had a religious upbringing (like Joseph Stalin who had studied to become a priest).
On top of this, I wasn't even able to find a convicted child abuser without a religious upbringing.
There don't seem to be any articles or researches on this subject, but the absence of any indication on the internet seems to point out that there really aren't any cases.
However, I want to be accurate, and I believe that a religious forum is be the best place to check this.
Does anybody know of any mass murderers, serial killers or child abusers who did not have a religious upbringing?
(By the way, if you are interested, you can find the essay at http://franklludwig.com/atheism.html )
Most of the world has ties to a cultural religion, so it's no real surprise that it would be difficult to find an individual of any kind without a 'cultural' religious upbringing. And mass murderers, serial killers, murderous dictators are a needle in a haystack. So it makes the odds much greater.

What communist regimes have shown us in a relatively short period of time, is that 'religion' is really irrelevant in itself. Your average religious person, and your average atheist are law abiding citizens. One happens to believe in a God or deities, the other doesn't. It's that simple.

However, anti-theist activist atheists are just as dangerous a religious extremist. And a lot of anti-theists are deceptive.
David UK

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Job wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the world has ties to a cultural religion, so it's no real surprise that it would be difficult to find an individual of any kind without a 'cultural' religious upbringing. And mass murderers, serial killers, murderous dictators are a needle in a haystack. So it makes the odds much greater.

What communist regimes have shown us in a relatively short period of time, is that 'religion' is really irrelevant in itself. Your average religious person, and your average atheist are law abiding citizens. One happens to believe in a God or deities, the other doesn't. It's that simple.

However, anti-theist activist atheists are just as dangerous a religious extremist. And a lot of anti-theists are deceptive.
Jesus & his disciples were all active homosexuals, the fact he wasn't married in his 40'd in those days is very "queer".

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Frank L Ludwig wrote:
LOL...did you check out Stalin, Mao,or Hitler?

They all rejected God.

They are the worst mass murders.

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

The evil that is in each man's hearts......but to us....this is more evil than we can accept.....it is.....I would not want to be these two killers when they face God.......but what the world does not understand.....each sin we commit......makes us just as guilty to our Holy God....none of us our innocent....we are all guilty.....sin separates us from God who is so very Holy.

Yes, I am sick of the evil of what these men have done.....our United States....what has become of her? This just did not happen in the days of my youth.....now the violence of man is becoming an epidemic in America.

I wonder if this would be true if every man had God FIRST in their lives......I wonder if this would be a better America today if we had not started telling Him we no longer need you.....and America has and is turning away from God.....and if we stay on this path....I make a prophecy.....violence will become worse and worse for America and all who live in it.....because there is no one righteous...not one.....and the days of Noah will be upon us before we know it.....is this the America we want?

I am afraid this is the America we are headed for....violence like we never seen before if we stay the course we are on.

My hearts goes out to the victims and their families.....God bless them in their time of trouble.....it hurts....very sad day.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

David UK wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus & his disciples were all active homosexuals, the fact he wasn't married in his 40'd in those days is very "queer".
You must be queer to even bring that lie up.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

I seeJesus wrote:
The evil that is in each man's hearts......but to us....this is more evil than we can accept.....it is.....I would not want to be these two killers when they face God.......but what the world does not understand.....each sin we commit......makes us just as guilty to our Holy God....none of us our innocent....we are all guilty.....sin separates us from God who is so very Holy.
Yes, I am sick of the evil of what these men have done.....our United States....what has become of her? This just did not happen in the days of my youth.....now the violence of man is becoming an epidemic in America.
I wonder if this would be true if every man had God FIRST in their lives......I wonder if this would be a better America today if we had not started telling Him we no longer need you.....and America has and is turning away from God.....and if we stay on this path....I make a prophecy.....violence will become worse and worse for America and all who live in it.....because there is no one righteous...not one.....and the days of Noah will be upon us before we know it.....is this the America we want?
I am afraid this is the America we are headed for....violence like we never seen before if we stay the course we are on.
My hearts goes out to the victims and their families.....God bless them in their time of trouble.....it hurts....very sad day.
. My condolences to the parents and loved ones for their loss. There are no words to express for the loss of innocent life taken from their loved ones nd America.

So, where was your Jesus and god while innocent life was being taken by sinister violence today? Your god is just as guilty and sick for NOT intervening and stopping it? The will of god crap doesn't fly either. That all powerfull sky daddy in your book of babble didn't have a problem showing up 1000's of years ago to the ignorant and primitive minded humans, but doesn't do a damn thing now to help or prove himself. Yes, your god is sick letting innocent life become collateral damage.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

It's: in America
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually realize how much of a fool you are? Do you realize that every time you make a post, utter ignorance is all you write?

You have no idea of what Christianity is because you keep linking it to the world.
What an azz.
Neither do you. We link Xtianity to People.

"The World" holds no beliefs, holds no convictions, because this "World" you Believers refer to doesn't actually exist in any sort of real form. There is no World that does X, Y or Z. Just - wait for it - PEOPLE! Only people !

People hold beliefs about Gods, and its people who wield them for their agendas.

Funny how people with Religious beliefs are so easily duped by these men like Hitler, and Stalin. And Bush/Cheney, and Romney.

Why are Religious people so f'n gullible that they willingly murder their neighbors? Nazi Germany, Russia, Austria, Poland, etc, etc. Look at Africa where Xtianity has been preaching for centuries and people there still kill their neighbors over stupid beliefs in demons and witchcraft, and those of other faiths...

Seems that the religious masses are all too eager to let out alleged higher morality due to their Beliefs on others in the form of violence when some Charismatic megalomaniac tell them to. Or when the Spirit strikes them to...
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>. My condolences to the parents and loved ones for their loss. There are no words to express for the loss of innocent life taken from their loved ones nd America.
So, where was your Jesus and god while innocent life was being taken by sinister violence today? Your god is just as guilty and sick for NOT intervening and stopping it? The will of god crap doesn't fly either. That all powerfull sky daddy in your book of babble didn't have a problem showing up 1000's of years ago to the ignorant and primitive minded humans, but doesn't do a damn thing now to help or prove himself. Yes, your god is sick letting innocent life become collateral damage.
Oh they'll make up some stupid tale that Jesus is "up there" crying over the whole thing, because his hands are tied because of some stupid Plan his Daddy (who is really him, and the HS all at the same time) set in motion cant be altered. That he's weeping over our evil, that could be stopped if each and every one of us would simply believe in Him.

But he will change all things to save their dear old grandmother, or find their car keys, or land them a job, or cure their pet cat - but not answer the collective prayers of these Connecticut parents and family members that their loved ones be spared.

All Jesus had to do was jam the damn guns! Thats it! Jam the guns!
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...did you check out Stalin, Mao,or Hitler?
They all rejected God.
They are the worst mass murders.
Wrong.

Ever wonder at how many uncounted people, natives of various lands, died under the hands of Xtians conquering the world for their God and Country...? How many millions that no one even knew existed, or thought were even human that deserved to be counted died from the direct actions of Xtians out looking for wealth and booty...who killed natives for no good reason except they were in the way of Xtian-dom!

When will American Xtians ever apologize for the genocide they inflicted on the American Natives...? How many women and children died direct/indirectly due to those God fearing Xtians?

We'll never really know, because they never thought the natives were worthy of compassion much less taking a head count...
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Neither do you. We link Xtianity to People.
"The World" holds no beliefs, holds no convictions, because this "World" you Believers refer to doesn't actually exist in any sort of real form. There is no World that does X, Y or Z. Just - wait for it - PEOPLE! Only people !
People hold beliefs about Gods, and its people who wield them for their agendas.
Funny how people with Religious beliefs are so easily duped by these men like Hitler, and Stalin. And Bush/Cheney, and Romney.
Why are Religious people so f'n gullible that they willingly murder their neighbors? Nazi Germany, Russia, Austria, Poland, etc, etc. Look at Africa where Xtianity has been preaching for centuries and people there still kill their neighbors over stupid beliefs in demons and witchcraft, and those of other faiths...
Seems that the religious masses are all too eager to let out alleged higher morality due to their Beliefs on others in the form of violence when some Charismatic megalomaniac tell them to. Or when the Spirit strikes them to...
Shut up dumbass. You are clueless.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the world has ties to a cultural religion, so it's no real surprise that it would be difficult to find an individual of any kind without a 'cultural' religious upbringing. And mass murderers, serial killers, murderous dictators are a needle in a haystack. So it makes the odds much greater.

Actually they are a needle in a stack of needles. This sort of bent psychology is not unique and studies are showing more and more that most of us barely keep our violence/anger/tendency towards irrational outbursts under control.

IMO, I doubt this new shooter has Religion/faith as his catalyst.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Never. Nah, nah, nah, nah you cant make me. Takes one to know one...dumbas$!
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The Clueless are people like you who actually believe there is this thing called The World. That Evil exists in some super-being and its he who causes humans to behave badly. And you believe this Evil One is actually a male, with male genitalia...and a long spiked tail...

Yup, you be the clueless one. Not me.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

I'm amused, but mostly disgusted that Xtians in this nation are uber-obsessed with who sleeps with who - that Pete cant marry Paul, but ignore (for the most part) the violent culture and mores that we are so controlled by...

Sex gets all the attention, while violence gets very little.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>. My condolences to the parents and loved ones for their loss. There are no words to express for the loss of innocent life taken from their loved ones nd America.
Typical "blame GOD" for man's shortcomings...

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

My sincerest condolences go out to the victims families...My prayers are with you...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
9/11 was an inside job 3 min Flygerian 102
If Jesus said few would find the "road that lea... 4 min Flygerian 37
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 8 min Sundog512 8,000
Judaism 12 min Old GT 13
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 16 min Nc resident 977
Arabic Bible & John 1:1-5,14 34 min Old GT 1
Is Jesus Christ a Muslim according to the Arabi... (Feb '13) 1 hr Old GT 24
The Law HYPOCRITES 3 hr Hell-Sucks 659
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 5 hr COOTERDOG 87,783