First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#1 Dec 21, 2012
Just not WORLDWIDE, just lioke the bible says. I know you reprobates will scoff and ridicule again but here is actual ARCHAEOLOGICAL evidence.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/noahs-biblica...

“LAMB OF GOD”

Since: Dec 12

Jesus Christ

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
Just not WORLDWIDE, just lioke the bible says. I know you reprobates will scoff and ridicule again but here is actual ARCHAEOLOGICAL evidence.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/noahs-biblica...
There's also much evidence that has been found in the Grand Canyon alone. These findings were not just done through Christian archeologists.

Actually though, it makes little difference whether it is proven or not. That is in the past and only led to what is to become of our eternal future. Never again will the earth be destroyed by water. It will be by fire, and much more than the earth.

Thank you for the information.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#3 Dec 22, 2012
I don’t think anybody disputes the idea that the ancient flood stories of the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh are very likely based actual “localized” flood events.

"Some of the details of the Noah story seem mythical, so many biblical scholars believe the story of Noah and the Ark was inspired by the legendary flood stories of nearby Mesopotamia, in particular “The Epic of Gilgamesh.” These ancient narratives were already being passed down from one generation to the next, centuries before Noah appeared in the Bible.”- ABC news (from your link)

“It probably was a bad day. At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under,”- Robert Ballard (from your link)

That doesn’t mean that there is any evidence that there was an ancient world-wide flood that killed all life on earth except for the occupants of an Ark.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#4 Dec 22, 2012
World Wide floods, sure, but not the Noah flood.

There were floods (plural) but not the ONE depicted in the Bible.

Hell, when the planet was mostly covered in water where its now drier - that's technically a flood. But its not Noah's Flood.

No ark filled with saved pairs of beasties to repopulate the world with...no, that's a fairy tale.

How long did it take for the sloth to make it to where Noah built his ark? How many had to make the trip for a pair to make it? Sloths would have had to be traveling for centuries to make it Noah's impromptu boatyard.

Oh...what did they eat on the way? What about the koala, or the panda bear that eats one thing?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
Just not WORLDWIDE, just lioke the bible says. I know you reprobates will scoff and ridicule again but here is actual ARCHAEOLOGICAL evidence.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/noahs-biblica...
Q;

Why do you defend these sorts of things? What does it do that conforms to what your Messiah instructed to do?

Serious, explain it, rationally.

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 22, 2012
The Word became Flesh.

John 1:1-3

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Wow.

What is John taking about?

He is explaining who Jesus is to us. To all who reads the Bible and recognize Him. John explains, The Word (Jesus) was from the beginning (always existed), the Word was with God (Jesus is a separate Entity), and the Word WAS GOD!(Jesus is God)!

I am not writing on the Trinity today. But I want you to see something that my cousin who is a minister revealed to me I never saw before in scripture....a new nugget of truth that was the best revelation I seen in scripture in a long time.

My cousin started by asking me who did Jesus come to when He came into the world.

John 1:11

11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

From this one verse, I thought He came to the Jews. I was wrong because I did not have enough information yet.....because my cousin hadn't given me enough information yet.

My cousin then asked me....WHY? Why did not His "own" receive Him? I ask you.....Why? still today...most do not receive Him....His "own" did not..WHY DOESN'T MOST of His "own do not still receive Him?

So two questions I want answers to.

1) Who are these people who the apostle John calls, His (Jesus) "own"? What is their identity?

2) Why? Why did not His (Jesus) "own receive Him? Why did they (and still not) believe in Him? Why do they still reject Him.?

The answer is found in the scriptures.

The "WHO"

His "own" is revealed in scripture who they are....and it is not the Jew in what John is teaching us in Chapter 1....it is His "CREATION"....it is "MANKIND"....it is YOU and me....everyone....past, present, future.

Revealed in scripture:

John 1:3 (His Creation)
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

VERSE 10....His "own" is the world.....

10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

He came in the FLESH.....to His OWN......incarnated in FLESH....the world HE CREATED.....and the world did not recognize Him when He did. STILL DON"T! His creation still cannot recognize Him. MANKIND STILL REJECT HIM....still scoff at Him and the gospel He gives.

WHY? WHY DID HIS "own" (the world) NOT recognize Him when He came in the FLESH....God incarnate?

John 4:24

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Simple.....2000 years ago...They (like maybe you)....were not looking for GOD IN THE FLESH....they were looking for God who is Spirit....never expecting God could and would appear to His "own" (mankind) in the same form He created us in.....FLESH. God could pierce the spiritual and enter the physical world by the virgin birth.

MAN THEN AND NOW, ARE LOOKING FOR GOD IN SPIRIT....MISSING God who came in the flesh...our Lord God Jesus Christ.....the reason we followers of Christ worship Him as God....we NEVER would worship Him as a man....for we only worship GOD.

One last thing I want to reveal to you....we can become children of God....being "born again" in spirit....NO IN THE flesh when we came to become flesh.

HOW?

John 1:12-13
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

BORN IN spirit allows us to become children of God....Jesus said as such:

John 3:5-8

5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying,‘You must be born again.’...So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

I pray you recognize Him!

Flood, virgin birth...real!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Big Al wrote:
I don’t think anybody disputes the idea that the ancient flood stories of the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh are very likely based actual “localized” flood events.
"Some of the details of the Noah story seem mythical, so many biblical scholars believe the story of Noah and the Ark was inspired by the legendary flood stories of nearby Mesopotamia, in particular “The Epic of Gilgamesh.” These ancient narratives were already being passed down from one generation to the next, centuries before Noah appeared in the Bible.”- ABC news (from your link)
“It probably was a bad day. At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under,”- Robert Ballard (from your link)
That doesn’t mean that there is any evidence that there was an ancient world-wide flood that killed all life on earth except for the occupants of an Ark.
The fact that there are many flood accounts in various ancient cultures points to a universal flood. The details may differ a bit in these cultures but the core fact remains of flood that destroyed most of mankind.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that there are many flood accounts in various ancient cultures points to a universal flood. The details may differ a bit in these cultures but the core fact remains of flood that destroyed most of mankind.
no.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#9 Dec 22, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that there are many flood accounts in various ancient cultures points to a universal flood. The details may differ a bit in these cultures but the core fact remains of flood that destroyed most of mankind.
There are over 1,000,000 different species of animals on earth today (including polar bears, kangaroos and buffalo) and you believe that a very old Middle Eastern man somehow gathered two of each species and fit them all on one boat 5,000 years ago?

"…literalism is a modern heresy-perhaps the only heresy invented in modern times." - Urban T. Holmes, Episcopalian theologian

Many believers still have the ability to think and recognize a myth when they see it.
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Big Al wrote:
I don’t think anybody disputes the idea that the ancient flood stories of the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh are very likely based actual “localized” flood events.
"Some of the details of the Noah story seem mythical, so many biblical scholars believe the story of Noah and the Ark was inspired by the legendary flood stories of nearby Mesopotamia, in particular “The Epic of Gilgamesh.” These ancient narratives were already being passed down from one generation to the next, centuries before Noah appeared in the Bible.”- ABC news (from your link)
“It probably was a bad day. At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under,”- Robert Ballard (from your link)
That doesn’t mean that there is any evidence that there was an ancient world-wide flood that killed all life on earth except for the occupants of an Ark.
But this was way before the Epic of Gilgamesh. Before the Sumerians. Ballard is setting out to prove there was a civilization BEFORE the Sumerians, like I have been saying all along. And Ballard ALSO says that this WAS NOT a world wide occurence. You didn't watch the special.

And moreover, the BIBLE doesn't say Noahs flood was world wide.

You atheists just aren't very smart and do not pay attention at all, do you?
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Punisher wrote:
World Wide floods, sure, but not the Noah flood.
There were floods (plural) but not the ONE depicted in the Bible.
Hell, when the planet was mostly covered in water where its now drier - that's technically a flood. But its not Noah's Flood.
No ark filled with saved pairs of beasties to repopulate the world with...no, that's a fairy tale.
How long did it take for the sloth to make it to where Noah built his ark? How many had to make the trip for a pair to make it? Sloths would have had to be traveling for centuries to make it Noah's impromptu boatyard.
Oh...what did they eat on the way? What about the koala, or the panda bear that eats one thing?
Proof right in front of your arrogant face and you still deny it. Tyoical arrogant atheist.

Ballard is setting out to prove there was a civilization IN Noahs time,,BEOFRE THE SUMERIANS.

The so-called fairy tales you keep blathering about are goig to be proven TRUE and the REAL fairy tale, EVOLUTION, is going to be proven false. No matter WHAT YOU crybabies say.
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#12 Dec 22, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Q;
Why do you defend these sorts of things? What does it do that conforms to what your Messiah instructed to do?
Serious, explain it, rationally.
My Messiah says to spread the gospel. The flood of Noah is part of the gospel. These things,the stories of the Old Testament, all go hand in hand in proving Messiah.

As more and ore archaeologists find proof of the validity of the Old Testament, it brings the New Testament to light and cience HAS to conform.

As archaeology keeps proving the Old Testament true, sometimes in spite of itself, the more people like YOU become irrelevant and useless. Just like I have been saying all along.

And people like Nettie who stubbornly keep saying Noahs flood NEVER happened and are only stories to convey a deeper meaning will either have to recant or just look more like the fools they are.
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Q;
Why do you defend these sorts of things? What does it do that conforms to what your Messiah instructed to do?
Serious, explain it, rationally.
And why must YOU try to debunk the Messiah? What's your motive?

Seriously, explain it, rationally.
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#14 Dec 22, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 1,000,000 different species of animals on earth today (including polar bears, kangaroos and buffalo) and you believe that a very old Middle Eastern man somehow gathered two of each species and fit them all on one boat 5,000 years ago?
"…literalism is a modern heresy-perhaps the only heresy invented in modern times." - Urban T. Holmes, Episcopalian theologian
Many believers still have the ability to think and recognize a myth when they see it.
The flood of Noah was NOT WORLDWIDE!! Can't you get that through your head? Only animals of THAT area was saved. Chances are polar bears weren't even involved.

You keep making a FOOL our of yourself. Stop it!
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#15 Dec 22, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>no.
Yes. Who are YOU? This man, this SCIENTIFIC ARCHAEOLOGIST that found the Titanic, says YOU are wrong. You are just a resident Topix self-important blowhard.

Get a life. You are being proven wrong daily by trained archaeologists and scientists that make you look like the first grader mental midget you are.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#16 Dec 22, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood of Noah was NOT WORLDWIDE!! Can't you get that through your head? Only animals of THAT area was saved. Chances are polar bears weren't even involved.
You keep making a FOOL our of yourself. Stop it!
So you agree there was no world-wide flood that killed all life.
Sola Scriptura

Huntington, WV

#17 Dec 22, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree there was no world-wide flood that killed all life.
It was not Noahs flood. Although Noahs flood DID happen, it was not worldwide.

But, believers know this entire earth WAS flooded IN THE BEGINNING,,NOT Noahs time frame.

“LAMB OF GOD”

Since: Dec 12

Jesus Christ

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not Noahs flood. Although Noahs flood DID happen, it was not worldwide.
But, believers know this entire earth WAS flooded IN THE BEGINNING,,NOT Noahs time frame.
Please give scriptures supporting your "theory".

The Bible specifically teaches that the Flood of Noah's time was global in extent and that all air-breathing, land animals and all humans were killed, except those saved in the Ark. How could the Bible be any more clear concerning the global nature of the Flood?! Or, if this was actually a local flood, how could the Bible have been any more misleading about its extent?!

Some evangelical teachers today are claiming that Noah's flood did not cover the entire Earth nor all the mountains of the day. Further, they claim that Noah and the animals floated on a shallow, temporary inland sea caused by the flood, somehow covering only the Mesopotamian region. Thus, they must claim that the Earth's entire human population was limited to this area, or that not all humans were killed in the flood. Is there really biblical evidence for claims of this nature?

Nine Biblical Evidences that the Flood was Global

1. All The Mountains Were Covered.

2. The Ark Was Huge.

3. Humans Populated The Entire World.

4. All Humans Were Killed.

5. All Air-Breathing, Land Animals Killed.

6. A “Cataclysm,” Not A Mere Flood.

7. God's Rainbow Promise.

8. Why Stay In The Ark A Year?!

9. The Whole Earth Was Devastated. God said, "I am surely going to destroy both them (the people) and the Earth" (Genesis 6:13b). The global extent of the Flood is referred to more than 30 times in Genesis 6-9 alone! In Isaiah 54:9, God states, "I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the Earth." Peter delivered a clear global warning, confirming that God created the Earth, devastated it by the Flood, and will one day destroy it again by fire (2 Peter 3:5-7). Peter certainly did not mean that just a local area on Earth would be burned. Just as the Flood was global, so will be the final judgment.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c0...

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#19 Dec 22, 2012
Lion_ of _Judah wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give scriptures supporting your "theory".
The Bible specifically teaches that the Flood of Noah's time was global in extent and that all air-breathing, land animals and all humans were killed, except those saved in the Ark. How could the Bible be any more clear concerning the global nature of the Flood?! Or, if this was actually a local flood, how could the Bible have been any more misleading about its extent?!
Some evangelical teachers today are claiming that Noah's flood did not cover the entire Earth nor all the mountains of the day. Further, they claim that Noah and the animals floated on a shallow, temporary inland sea caused by the flood, somehow covering only the Mesopotamian region. Thus, they must claim that the Earth's entire human population was limited to this area, or that not all humans were killed in the flood. Is there really biblical evidence for claims of this nature?
Nine Biblical Evidences that the Flood was Global
1. All The Mountains Were Covered.
2. The Ark Was Huge.
3. Humans Populated The Entire World.
4. All Humans Were Killed.
5. All Air-Breathing, Land Animals Killed.
6. A “Cataclysm,” Not A Mere Flood.
7. God's Rainbow Promise.
8. Why Stay In The Ark A Year?!
9. The Whole Earth Was Devastated. God said, "I am surely going to destroy both them (the people) and the Earth" (Genesis 6:13b). The global extent of the Flood is referred to more than 30 times in Genesis 6-9 alone! In Isaiah 54:9, God states, "I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the Earth." Peter delivered a clear global warning, confirming that God created the Earth, devastated it by the Flood, and will one day destroy it again by fire (2 Peter 3:5-7). Peter certainly did not mean that just a local area on Earth would be burned. Just as the Flood was global, so will be the final judgment.
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c0...
Ludicrous. You have no idea what this even means.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#20 Dec 22, 2012
Lion_ of _Judah wrote:
<quoted text>
l
Now switch accounts so you can post something else ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother Mary? 6 min Big Al 69
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 9 min dollarsbill 103
The post count of Dollarsbill 11 min dollarsbill 1,556
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 24 min purplelady1040 5,292
God's name is Yahweh 46 min Barnsweb 112
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 53 min Barnsweb 224
Question for Preachers of the Law 55 min dollarsbill 88
Is the Earth flat? Is it a globe? 1 hr dkskd001 71
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,923
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 3 hr dollarsbill 763
More from around the web