ORIGINAL SIN? Are we born sinners or do we become sinners?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments (Page 23)

Showing posts 441 - 456 of456
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#449
Jan 26, 2012
 
Dell Russell wrote:
It has been the view of many Christians for many centuries that man is born with a sinful nature or as some would call it "original sin". I have studied it pretty well I think, but can not find that the scripture backs "original sin" or "one being born a sinner" when all scripture is taken into account and in context.
What is your thoughts?

EDITED FOR ROOM
GREETINGS, SALUTATIONS, AND SHALOWM, ALL.

I apologize if I'm late, having just seen this thread, or even if I'm not on current topic. I only thought to add my hay-penny's worth, if we don't mind. Anyway...

I believe that such a belief is erroneous, based on terminological misunderstandings and misguided interpretations. I don't believe man inherited sin, per se, but man did inherit uncleanness.

Case in point. If Adam committed adultery, there would be no justifiable reason to even assume that all after him become adulterers and adulteresses. Adultery, for the most part, is learned, while the intention to commit adultery might be perceived as "natural." By my saying that adultery is learned is to say that we perceive adultery by what we've learned from others. If we grow in any environment where adultery is common and acceptable, then we'll most likely harbor the same attitude toward adultery.

Adam sinned. And because he sinned, he became unclean. Numerous scriptures can attest to this. Now, all that were in his loins at the time of his transgression became unclean, too. Considering that Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, were all direct descendants of Adam, and all come from these men, then Adam's uncleanness continued in all of us. I believe that it was this uncleanness that our anointed Savior came to clean us from, that we might have a clean slate before Father "God." One could never sacrifice and become clean from Adam's trangression that made all men unclean, but our anointed Savior wasn't born, literally, from this same lineage, through Joseph. The actual seed that became unclean on the earth was duplicated in heaven and placed in Mary's womb in order for our anointed Savior to be born of a woman, also being from the seed of Adam, Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Judah, but exempt from this uncleanness. Had this not been the case, then even our anointed Savior would not have been an acceptable sacrifice.

It's obvious that sin is natural in us. If that weren't true, then there'd be no need of the commandments, to teach us the difference between the two. If man inherited sin, though, even infants would have to be judged at their resurrection, even though they've never done righteousness or wickedness, or have no comprehension and knowledge of either.

Much confusion comes from such verses as Psalm 58:3. This says, "The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies." To understand, any reference to being "born in sin" is not to be understood literally. Such a pronouncement is made to help us understand how engrossed in sin we've become. We must ask ourselves, according to what's said in this verse, what newborn has ever began sinning and speaking lies the moment it was born? The point to such sayings is to show us that we've become so intrigued by sin, that hope is nearly lost that any one child might learn righteousness as they grow and mature. Their environments, from the moment of their birth, are encompassed by sinners and their wickedness. Naturally, if they only witness sin and not righteousness as they grow into adulthood, they're only going to follow suit until they learn otherwise.

In conclusion, none are born guilty of murder, or adultery, or fornication, or covetousness. All, though, were born unclean. Our anointed Savior came, though, and made mankind clean again, being the only person capable of removing this uncleanness from us, being the only man born clean and untainted by Adam's uncleanness. In this, I thank him for what he's done for us.

Thank you.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#451
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dell Russell wrote:
It has been the view of many Christians for many centuries that man is born with a sinful nature or as some would call it "original sin". It really came to a head when a British monk named Pelagius confronted St. Augustine and Jerome about it. For the most part Augustine may have won the battle, but I believe it has done much damage to the Church in the long run.
Truth never does the church damage. Since the wages of sin is death and all die (except Elijah and Enoch) then the wages are paid. The human race is Adamic and inherit sin nature from Him and is demonstrated in death. We are sinful relative to God who is three times holy.
RAOckle

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#452
Apr 7, 2012
 
I do believe we can live a sinless life. If that wasn't so, why would Jesus say it? He told the lady at the well to go and sin no more. Mathew 5:48 tell us to be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. This is Jesus speak. The
bible says, sin entered the world through Adam. It did not enter Adam. His disobedience is what bought sin into this world.

We are born into a corrupt system.
When we are born we are without blemish.
During the first year of life, we fall from
grace when we identify with one of our
parents(in most instances.)
This is why we need do be born again,
so that we can be restored to the way
we where at birth.
Bruce

Guangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#453
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes all that is true but its your bible that gave you the guilt trip about simple human folly. Then your corrupt leaders and politicians did the rest by conditioning you further and perpetuating the lie. Nobody can claim to know what happens after death and especially not in such precise conditions as is described by your fear mongering religion.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#454
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Bruce wrote:
Yes all that is true but its your bible that gave you the guilt trip about simple human folly. Then your corrupt leaders and politicians did the rest by conditioning you further and perpetuating the lie. Nobody can claim to know what happens after death and especially not in such precise conditions as is described by your fear mongering religion.
Correction.

The bible did nothing more than show us our follies and the result of them, while providing us a means to correct them. As the days continue, our murderers continue to multiply at an alarming rate, while the age of our murderers get younger and younger.

If anyone feels guilty while reading the bible, their guilt is evidence of compassion, and perhaps, they're taking responsibility for whatever negative thoughts they've contribute to society.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#455
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

RAOckle wrote:
I do believe we can live a sinless life. If that wasn't so, why would Jesus say it? He told the lady at the well to go and sin no more. Mathew 5:48 tell us to be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. This is Jesus speak.
AGREED, 100%

As you stated, at Matthew 5:48, our anointed Savior instructed us, saying: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Peter quoted the very law. At 1Peter 1:15-16, it says: "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

Furthermore, at Hebrews 6:1, it's written: "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection."

It's foolish for anyone to dismiss these as just mere suggestions. Not only are these instructed to us, but expected of us.

Become Love!
Bruce

Guangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Correction.
The bible did nothing more than show us our follies and the result of them, while providing us a means to correct them. As the days continue, our murderers continue to multiply at an alarming rate, while the age of our murderers get younger and younger.
If anyone feels guilty while reading the bible, their guilt is evidence of compassion, and perhaps, they're taking responsibility for whatever negative thoughts they've contribute to society.
Don't be so gullible, your leaders don't who you kill as long as its not one of their own. You are given the book of so called morality like morality can only sprout out of the pages of an obscurely written book of semi truths and convoluted parables.

The guilt you speak of is cleverly placed, if you think its there as a deterrent to kill then there would be no sacrificial lambs in the old testament. Jesus Christ was a sacrificial lamb of sorts. Its typical for the bible to be filled with contradictions of do as i say and not as i do. For a God who abhors violence and murderers, he sure did one hell of a job promoting that instinct in mankind with all his so called tests of character he routinely did on his creations. Even at one point being akin to a Hannibal Lector himself when asking Abraham to slay his own child as reverence to himself. Insane much?

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#457
Apr 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bruce wrote:
Yes all that is true but its your bible that gave you the guilt trip about simple human folly. Then your corrupt leaders and politicians did the rest by conditioning you further and perpetuating the lie. Nobody can claim to know what happens after death and especially not in such precise conditions as is described by your fear mongering religion.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Correction.
The bible did nothing more than show us our follies and the result of them, while providing us a means to correct them. As the days continue, our murderers continue to multiply at an alarming rate, while the age of our murderers get younger and younger.
If anyone feels guilty while reading the bible, their guilt is evidence of compassion, and perhaps, they're taking responsibility for whatever negative thoughts they've contribute to society.
Avoidance.

No old brainwashed one. The book of lies was re-written to include a lot of "sins" that are an unavoidable part of the human condition. Then to make sure that people feel bad about themselves, they added the MEGA LIE of "original sin". This is the first step in the Christian brainwashing system because as in any brainwashing one has to first tear down the victims current beliefs. So they can deceive people into believing that no matter how good they really are, the sick evil Christbot leaders say nope, you are evil no matter how good you are, then pour on the lies of how evil and "sinful" they are. Then comes the FEAR mongering to open the way for a complete shutdown of any resistance to the Christian brainwashing. From there they can brainwash you to believe anything they want you to believe. For it's all about control, and has nothing to do with any "god".

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#458
Apr 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seentheotherside wrote:
Avoidance.

No old brainwashed one. The book of lies was re-written to include a lot of "sins" that are an unavoidable part of the human condition. Then to make sure that people feel bad about themselves, they added the MEGA LIE of "original sin". This is the first step in the Christian brainwashing system because as in any brainwashing one has to first tear down the victims current beliefs. So they can deceive people into believing that no matter how good they really are, the sick evil Christbot leaders say nope, you are evil no matter how good you are, then pour on the lies of how evil and "sinful" they are. Then comes the FEAR mongering to open the way for a complete shutdown of any resistance to the Christian brainwashing. From there they can brainwash you to believe anything they want you to believe. For it's all about control, and has nothing to do with any "god".
Why do you continue to make such ridiculous claims without providing one shred of evidence? Anyone else, especially an adherent to the bible, and you're quick to reject any and all assertions if a link to a notable, highly-regarded site with irrefutable, documented proof is not included, and such proof is demanded!

Without evidence, your claims mean nothing. It's obvious, too, that your hatred for me led you to reply as you did, in opposition, when it's easy to see, according to my initial post, that even I don't agree with the concept of "original sin" and the notion that we are born sinners. I don't believe such a concept originates in the bible. Rather, I believe that the concept is based on misunderstandings of what's actually written, because of the limited understanding of the original tongues in which all translations are based.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#459
Apr 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Forgive me for taking so long to respond. Life continues as it does, and it does limit my time. Anyway...
Bruce wrote:
Don't be so gullible, your leaders don't who you kill as long as its not one of their own.
I'm not sure what "leaders" you're referring to. My leaders are Father Yahoweh and His only-begotten Son, Yahowshua ha'Mashiyach. Neither have asked me to kill, not even those that aren't "their own."
Bruce wrote:
You are given the book of so called morality like morality can only sprout out of the pages of an obscurely written book of semi truths and convoluted parables.
The bible is the only religious book with such laws, commandments, and precepts. Without it, man is left to determine, for self, what's acceptable and unacceptable behavior. The commandments, as taught to us by our anointed Savior, are to benefit us as a whole and not just individually. You might consider yourself righteous, but that does not guarantee that everyone will agree with you. Any disagreement only proves a lack of a foundation, and without a foundation, progression is impossible.
Bruce wrote:
The guilt you speak of is cleverly placed,
You should share this statement with all those that call the authors of the bible "primitive goat-herders." Apparently and according to you, they were among some of the most clever men ever, especially considering the expanse of time it took to write, collect, and preserve, just the texts of the old covenant. As I see it, then, these authors were anything but "primitive."
Bruce wrote:
if you think its there as a deterrent to kill then there would be no sacrificial lambs in the old testament. Jesus Christ was a sacrificial lamb of sorts.
Do you mean "kill," or "murder," because a difference exists. None murdered a lamb, just like we don't murder for beef, poultry, and seafood.
Bruce wrote:
Its typical for the bible to be filled with contradictions of do as i say and not as i do. For a God who abhors violence and murderers, he sure did one hell of a job promoting that instinct in mankind with all his so called tests of character he routinely did on his creations.
Tests are made for strengthening and passing. Any test was made to strengthen the person being tested. Spiritually weak people were never tested. If they were, they were only tested with those things that the most High knew they could pass, to prepare them for future trials. If you examine these tests, they targeted the most basest aspects of the person tested.
Bruce wrote:
Even at one point being akin to a Hannibal Lector himself when asking Abraham to slay his own child as reverence to himself. Insane much?
Your argument, here, would be worth consideration had the most High allowed Abraham to fulfill His request, but He didn't. Again, it was a test to prove whether Abraham truly believed in Him or not. He passed. The point, though, was to prove another testimony that you're overlooking. The most High stopped Abraham from sacrificing his own son, but then, allowed His own Son to be sacrificed for us. He spared Isaac, but not His own Son. That's love, whether you wish to believe that or not. Let's not forget, too, that He resurrected His Son and granted Him everlasting life for his most willing and unselfish desire to participate.
Bruce

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#460
Apr 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brother Lee Love wrote:
Forgive me for taking so long to respond. Life continues as it does, and it does limit my time. Anyway.....
The bible is the only religious book with such laws, commandments, and precepts. Without it, man is left to determine, for self, what's acceptable and unacceptable behavior... and without a foundation, progression is impossible.
You make it sound like mankind has no right to determine for itself what laws or rules are compatible for any given society according to your God. You really think civilizations past were so incapable of governing themselves before your bible makers strolled on in to make their theater guest appearance on history? You ignore that society was prosperous and productive long before the bible was even a glimmer in some poor scribes eyes. And to be fair your so called laws and precepts were just perverted by the church when they gave themselves complete authority over what was moral or not. Nobody should ever be entrusted to weild such power. This is why society should carry the onus of establishing morality and social norms by natural means, and the growing pains that any society experiences. Trial and error as was done since time immemorial. To write a book and dictate with celestial authority is when you open your society up for massive power struggles about right and wrong.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
You should share this statement with all those that call the authors of the bible "primitive goat-herders." Apparently and according to you, they were among some of the most clever men ever, especially considering the expanse of time it took to write, collect, and preserve, just the texts of the old covenant. As I see it, then, these authors were anything but "primitive."
Written by primitive unimaginative minds yes, but the many centuries that followed allowed for more cunning men to hijack this dogma and craft it into something more sinister and self serving.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Do you mean "kill," or "murder," because a difference exists. None murdered a lamb, just like we don't murder for beef, poultry, and seafood.
Now you are just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. If devouts of yesteryear interpreted the bible to just order a few chickens to be put to death for your eating pleasure, then why were so many standing armies so hellbent on the crusades and asserting their God as the one who empowered their birthrights and position to kill any who opposed the word of God. This cannot happen with a benevolent text.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
...Tests are made for strengthening and passing. Any test was made to strengthen the person being tested. Spiritually weak people were never tested. If they were, they were only tested with those things that the most High knew they could pass...
Ok that I disagree with because spiritual tests are baseless and can be misconstrued to meaning anything. Just as Charles Manson of those who follow that mindset.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Your argument, here, would be worth consideration had the most High allowed Abraham to fulfill His request, but He didn't. Again, it was a test to prove whether Abraham truly believed in Him or not. He passed.Let's not forget, too, that He resurrected His Son and granted Him everlasting life for his most willing and unselfish desire to participate.
Ok please refer to the foundation stories that facilitate the psychology behind death cults and the such. There is nothing healthy about them and your sacrifice bible stories are akin to this belief system. Nothing should glamorize murder or the contemplation of it, not test not a righteous diety not anything. To do so is to defend such poor mental fortitude. You think its selfless to send a son to die? So the fathers of soldiers are selfless? If you want to be truly selfess why not do something like that yourself than sending a son or daughter to do your divine bidding.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#461
Apr 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bruce wrote:
You make it sound like mankind has no right to determine for itself what laws or rules are compatible for any given society according to your God.
Yeah. "Survival of the fittest" has proven to be the perfect, natural law. I'm sure species on the verge of extinction appreciate it.

Of course, we have the right, but we lack common sense. Then, when we take for granted our rights.
Bruce wrote:
You really think civilizations past were so incapable of governing themselves before your bible makers strolled on in to make their theater guest appearance on history?
Yes.
Bruce wrote:
You ignore that society was prosperous and productive long before the bible was even a glimmer in some poor scribes eyes.
The collapse of any one society proves failure, not success. Advancements in science and technology prove nothing toward moral enlightenment.
Bruce wrote:
And to be fair your so called laws and precepts were just perverted by the church when they gave themselves complete authority over what was moral or not.
The perversion is in men, then.

[QUOTE who=Bruce"]Nobody should ever be entrusted to weild such power.[/QUOTE]Secular and religious men alike usurp such power all the time. What makes one better than the other?
Bruce wrote:
This is why society should carry the onus of establishing morality and social norms by natural means, and the growing pains that any society experiences. Trial and error as was done since time immemorial. To write a book and dictate with celestial authority is when you open your society up for massive power struggles about right and wrong.
You've described the United Nations and the plight of mankind before, during, after, with, and without, the bible.
Bruce wrote:
Written by primitive unimaginative minds yes, but the many centuries that followed allowed for more cunning men to hijack this dogma and craft it into something more sinister and self serving.
"Unimaginative?" Why? Because they weren't as colorful as the Egyptians, or the Greeks? Regardless, blame these Johnny-come-lately "cunning men," then. The laws were given to stop these "sinister" and "self-serving" attitudes, but boys will be boys.
Bruce wrote:
Now you are just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.
Thanks for your futile, yet juvenile, attempt to insult me.
Bruce wrote:
If devouts of yesteryear interpreted the bible to just order a few chickens to be put to death for your eating pleasure, then why were so many standing armies so hellbent on the crusades and asserting their God as the one who empowered their birthrights and position to kill any who opposed the word of God. This cannot happen with a benevolent text.
Again, blame the devotees of yesteryear, then, and not the text. The text makes no such allowance. You said "devouts." hehe
Bruce wrote:
Ok that I disagree with because spiritual tests are baseless and can be misconstrued to meaning anything. Just as Charles Manson of those who follow that mindset.
Says you. But, again, you're blame is misdirected. If the majority decided that each time a person counted down from 10, that that's the beginning of an official launch sequence, you would blame numbers and backwards-counting.
Bruce wrote:
Ok please refer to the foundation stories that facilitate the psychology behind death cults and the such. There is nothing healthy about them and your sacrifice bible stories are akin to this belief system. Nothing should glamorize murder or the contemplation of it, not test not a righteous diety not anything. To do so is to defend such poor mental fortitude. You think its selfless to send a son to die? So the fathers of soldiers are selfless? If you want to be truly selfess why not do something like that yourself than sending a son or daughter to do your divine bidding.
Um, "willing participant?" Did you see that?
Bruce

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#462
Apr 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brother Lee Love wrote:
Of course, we have the right, but we lack common sense. Then, when we take for granted our rights.
Somehow the rights as stated by some intangible deity who dictated a different set of laws and commandments to two sets of people (Jewish and later Christian) just doesn't hold water. Unless your creator god had a personality change because he seems so much more absolute and overzealous in the old testament as he does in the new. Every religion observes some divine precepts. Your christianity is more unique in this area as Islamist are when implementing their draconian and repressive Sharia Laws under the instructions of Mohammed. Religiously based morality is never a good idea its riddled with contradicting dogma which is both superstitious and archaic. Give me civic anyday that serves the contemporary needs of the society.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The collapse of any one society proves failure, not success. Advancements in science and technology prove nothing toward moral enlightenment.
You have never heard of Caral then, the first archaeological find of a city in southern Peru that worked upon the principles of altruistic cooperation and commerce and not warfare or religious indoctrination. Look it up if need be. And societies fail all the time and not because of a lack of spiritual guidance but of any number of unfortunate demises. Usually warfare from an opposing side. Had Islam taken over the Christian world. Your Jesus savior would be a mere footnote in the annals of history.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Secular and religious men alike usurp such power all the time. What makes one better than the other?
..You've described the United Nations and the plight of mankind before, during, after, with, and without, the bible.
Anything not derived from mysticism or drawing its authority from the supernatural will at least not open the floodgates to evangelical inane movements that pit brother against brother for the sake of a belief in a diety.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
"Unimaginative?" Why? Because they weren't as colorful as the Egyptians...blame these Johnny-come-lately "cunning men," then. The laws were given to stop these "sinister" and "self-serving" attitudes, but boys will be boys.
Thats statement was akin to justifying children play with matches than deterring society from engaging in celestial russian roulette. When you take away the underlying dogmatic platforms for religious Armageddon and look at reason and logic as found through science, at least you eliminate the unnecessary irrational and evangelical banality we have everywhere in this day and age. Tell me have you ever seen a biologist go to war with a physicist? or a chemist go to war with a geologist? The rules of engagement are quite clear, its all about using the scientific method in a concise way.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Thanks for your futile, yet juvenile, attempt to insult me....Again, blame the devotees of yesteryear, then, and not the text..But, again, you're blame is misdirected. If the majority decided that each time a person counted down from 10, that that's the beginning of an official launch sequence, you would blame numbers and backwards-counting
No insult intended I just felt you were skirting the issue so pretending to be ignorant or unwilling to acknowledge the repercussions to parables about sacrifice or anything that glamorizes this blood sacrifice motif. You stated earlier that man lacks common sense. So why muddle his moral compass with further religious ambiguity
Brother Lee Love wrote:
....Um, "willing participant?" Did you see that?
No willing participation of a sound mind is possible when aggressive indoctrination is your bedfellow and not logic and reason.
Kiahree Ogles

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#463
May 4, 2012
 
OutoftheSaltShaker wrote:
Adam and Eve sinned in the beginning - they had only one rule that they had to obey and they chose not to obey God. God wanted to protect them from suffering but they chose not to listen to God. They couldn't go back or take back their bite they were stuck. So, anyone who is born from the seed of their earthly father is birthed with sin because Adam and Eve chose to disobey God in the beginning. You know that is true because a baby can get really, really mad when you don't come when they cry. That is their first bout of anger. Which, given a man/woman who gets that angry ususally attaches hateful words and sometimes threats of some kind of abuse. This happens because we naturally are born sinners. But we can't just rely on that being our only reason we are a sinner. All it takes is for us to tell just one lie or to lust after another person or to steal something big or small, etc...to make us a sinner. We are guilty no matter which way we look at it. But I do believe we are born sinners and we choose to sin each and every day. And it is that reason why Jesus is so special because His Father is God not man. And, God never sinned. Jesus is born through a women but His Father's seed is from God. Our seed that is from our earthly fathers. That is why we are sinners but Jesus never sinned. He was never born a sinner nor did He sin.
So if you do accept the teachings of Calvinism, then what happens when the baby example you used, backfires. Say the baby is born a sinner from the beginning as many Calvinist believe, then what is to say of their demise at a young age. Say the baby dies. That baby is a sinner because you say they get angry, without repentance sinners go to hell. How can you accept this teaching? As naive as it may be, seeing as babies don't possess cognitive functions that allow them to talk and repent, what is to come of the fate of the infant? God's will bends for no one, that's why we all are comprised of the flesh that causes us to sin. So you see, it's not that we are born sinners, or even born sinning. It's the fact that since we are of the flesh that we feel enticed to sin and rebel against God; this stems from the first sins in the Garden you spoke of. All sin lays dormant as if it were potential energy waiting to be converted by the flesh into kinetic. This dormant sin, is then activated when one chooses to sin against God. But, sin isn't of this world, meaning you can't touch it or measure it because it's all the same. So, if sin lies within you it doesn't mean that it is truly in you. It is there because you are comprised of the flesh. It's in our DNA to sin, but does that necessarily mean a "sin filled" baby will necessarily sin? We can't hide who we are, I agree with this, we are children of Eden all from the garden, so to deny that is foolish. So in short, I look at it in the context of this; "Yes we are of the flesh. The flesh sins. Therefor we are going to sin in our lifetime, to ignore this fact is inevitable. But, initially we are born on good terms with God." So my philosophy of the matter is that due to exposure from sin from the world, we eventually sin and become what we were "made to do." Just as the duck quacks, the dog digs, so the flesh sins. Elementary, but easy to understand.
Nomads Way 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#464
Apr 16, 2013
 
If we are born sinners then is that saying that all the infants born in the world that die a few days after childbirth go to hell? We gain our salvation through Jesus Christ, therefore, let's say a child at 1 1/2 years old dies without beleiving in Christ, does this child go to hell? I know many christians that came to faith at a young age however are ignorant to what it means to live out the "true" christian lifestyle. I rather see someone come to faith and trully understand what he is giving his life to rather than someone to just pray some prayer and beleive that they are saved simply because they have repeated some words after a friend or pastor, ect...
Christina

Salisbury, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#465
Nov 11, 2013
 
DO you believe the Bible?

Psalm 51:5 “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.”
John 15:14 “What are mortals, that they could be pure, or those born of woman, that they could be righteous?”

Psalm 58:3 “Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.”
Job 14:1-4 “Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble. He comes out like a flower and withers; he flees like a shadow and continues not. And do you open your eyes on such a one and bring me into judgment with you? Who can bring what is pure from the impure? No one!”
Ecclesiastes 7:20 “Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.”
Romans 5:14 “Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.”
Proverbs 22:15 “Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.”
Isaiah 53:6 “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 441 - 456 of456
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 5 min purplelady1040 78,304
Cookie's Place 7 min Cookie_Parker 1,805
The King James Bible Still Remains 10 min Shiachah 61
Does Prayer Make A Difference? 22 min Cookie_Parker 45
Speaking in tongues 42 min Brother Lee Love 81
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr Brother Lee Love 1,257
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 5,957
•••
•••
•••
•••