Factual?

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#2 May 6, 2014
I believe the earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling. I do not believe in "global warming' as defined by those who created it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 May 6, 2014
The Song of Moses. Deuteronomy 32:24 "They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat..." This is a message to Israel and America. It is because of idolatry. Deut. 31:29 "...and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands". You should read the entire song.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#7 May 6, 2014
Do you guys believe the Earth revolves around the Sun?
comment

Ozark, MO

#8 May 6, 2014
news article:

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922. As reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 88 years ago!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#9 May 6, 2014
susanblange wrote:
The Song of Moses. Deuteronomy 32:24 "They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat..." This is a message to Israel and America. It is because of idolatry. Deut. 31:29 "...and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands". You should read the entire song.
Idolatry. Oh you mean like making it a religious rule that one must go to Mecca and bow before a building to worship it? To walk around it? You mean that type idolatry? You mean like a religious rule that one should face a specific direction when they pray, like towards a building no matter where they're at? And you mean the evil that befalls those from within a religion that see nothing wrong with slaughtering innocent children and using acid to disfigure faces of those within that religion? Is that the evil you speak of? Or maybe the evil committed within that religion from one sect to another, committing murder, rape, torture and all things heinous to most people religious or not religious? I agree certain people within Islam are fulfilling those words and are well provoking God by their behavior.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#10 May 6, 2014
comment wrote:
news article:
The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway.
Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.
I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922. As reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 88 years ago!
In just the last two centuries, more natural surface events like forest fires and volcanoes going off have emitted more co2 than humans alone could produce in the next thousand years or more at least. I could include how much co2 is released through the ocean floors in a single year but need I?
Do humans add to the global warming that's been happening naturally, of course. Should we be more cautious of how we effect our environment? Of course. But this far left garbage that humans are melting the ice from the poles is garbage. Why aren't all these global warming freaks doing something worthwhile besides jacking their jaws and spending billions on weather measurements? Why don't they take half of their funds and pay fishermen to go out and collect garbage and put it on barges from the oceans and bring it back to land to be recycled? Stupid OCD freaks....really sad.

Location hidden

#11 May 6, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Idolatry. Oh you mean like making it a religious rule that one must go to Mecca and bow before a building to worship it? To walk around it? You mean that type idolatry? You mean like a religious rule that one should face a specific direction when they pray, like towards a building no matter where they're at? And you mean the evil that befalls those from within a religion that see nothing wrong with slaughtering innocent children and using acid to disfigure faces of those within that religion? Is that the evil you speak of? Or maybe the evil committed within that religion from one sect to another, committing murder, rape, torture and all things heinous to most people religious or not religious? I agree certain people within Islam are fulfilling those words and are well provoking God by their behavior.
I am neither Christian nor Muslim. An idol is the physical representation of a (dead) god or other instrument of worship. Christianity is guilty of this, but I'm not sure about Islam. This rule only applies to the children of Israel. Micah 4:5 "For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever".
The truth works

Richmond, TX

#12 May 6, 2014
One cannot ignore the connection of accelerated rate of climate change and the increase in CO2 and other pollutants in the atmosphere.
This is not the normal cycle.
God is possibly letting us kill ourselves. Maybe He is tired of our stupidity. No sweat off His back.
The truth works

Richmond, TX

#13 May 6, 2014
Richie T wrote:
Carbon dioxide emissions are being blamed for contributing to global warming. Do you not realize that 96% of carbon dioxide is emitted from human beings, animals and natural phenomenon, such as solar activity and water vapor? The majority of environmental scientists are doctoring their facts and figures, and the blind sheep of the planet follow along.
Do you realize how stupid you are?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#14 May 6, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am neither Christian nor Muslim. An idol is the physical representation of a (dead) god or other instrument of worship. Christianity is guilty of this, but I'm not sure about Islam. This rule only applies to the children of Israel. Micah 4:5 "For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever".
You seem to interpret verses as you wish to interpret them even if you're wrong and off mark. I read some of your other posts in another thread. You connected the verse in the OT to Israel AND America. America didn't exist when the OT was being established. So you stretched the meaning of the verse to what it had no reference to. So I did the same thing you did and you have problems with it?
Next, your statement that an idol is of a (dead) god is incorrect. Most idols are based on a god that is considered to still be living whether they actually had a physical body at some point in time or not.
Jews today as 2000 years ago don't bow down to worship. They may sit or stand. The closest thing to idol worship would be the Wailing Wall. But even then they recite prayers while standing.
On the other hand, the Ka'ba in Mecca is actually worshipped. Believers walk around it. The bow down and say prayers explicitly to it. Worshippers world wide bow down directionally facing it and say prayers. That's a form of idol worship.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#15 May 6, 2014
The truth works wrote:
One cannot ignore the connection of accelerated rate of climate change and the increase in CO2 and other pollutants in the atmosphere.
God is possibly letting us kill ourselves. Maybe He is tired of our stupidity. No sweat off His back.
What about those HUGE Volcanoes in Iceland, Chile and other places spewing tons of nasty, dirty CO2 rich pollutant particles into the air for weeks or months?
Are they natural?

Or are those man caused volcanoes?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#16 May 6, 2014
The truth works wrote:
Maybe we should get serious and do something about those problematic CO2 Spewing Forests and start clear cutting the National Parks?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#17 May 6, 2014
The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how?
Yeah, but,...but........personally I'd rather be Clubbing Baby Seals.

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#18 May 7, 2014
Big Al wrote:
Do you guys believe the Earth revolves around the Sun?
Don't be so stupid Al. What nonsense.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#19 May 7, 2014
500 years ago Copernicus and Galileo were two of the earliest practitioners of the scientific method. They told the world that based on their scientific research the earth revolves around the sun and nobody believed it. They were eventually proven correct. The scientific method works.

Since then practitioners of the scientific method have given us many things that have reshaped our lives (electricity, the internal combustion engine, etc.). However, practitioners of the scientific method have also determined that CO2, a byproduct of our new way of life, has been causing a change in our atmosphere that is affecting the entire planet, just as science has found that byproducts of industry have polluted our rivers and lakes and have even started to affect our oceans.

All (not some or even most) scientific organizations of national or international including the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (which had been the only dissenting organization) have made public statements supporting the fact that the climate change is happening and human production of greenhouse gasses is the cause. The petroleum, coal and other industries that profit from the use of fossil fuels have been engaged in a concerted campaign to discredit mainstream climate change science in the same way the tobacco industry campaigned against the mainstream science that said tobacco smoking causes cancer.

If you don't accept the virtually universal scientific concensus that climate change is happening and the use of fossil fuels is the cause Exxon Mobile has you right where they want you.

Location hidden

#20 May 7, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to interpret verses as you wish to interpret them even if you're wrong and off mark. I read some of your other posts in another thread. You connected the verse in the OT to Israel AND America. America didn't exist when the OT was being established. So you stretched the meaning of the verse to what it had no reference to. So I did the same thing you did and you have problems with it?
Next, your statement that an idol is of a (dead) god is incorrect. Most idols are based on a god that is considered to still be living whether they actually had a physical body at some point in time or not.
Jews today as 2000 years ago don't bow down to worship. They may sit or stand. The closest thing to idol worship would be the Wailing Wall. But even then they recite prayers while standing.
On the other hand, the Ka'ba in Mecca is actually worshipped. Believers walk around it. The bow down and say prayers explicitly to it. Worshippers world wide bow down directionally facing it and say prayers. That's a form of idol worship.
Prophecy is just that. It's in the future. Do you really think the existence of America is not in biblical prophecy? We are the lost, ten tribed northern kingdom of Israel. The Messiah and all the actors in the play are American. We are a very young country and God will punish us for idolatry. It's happened before and history is going to repeat itself. Jesus is prophesied in the OT as the modern day idol of Israel.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23 May 7, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Prophecy is just that. It's in the future. Do you really think the existence of America is not in biblical prophecy? We are the lost, ten tribed northern kingdom of Israel. The Messiah and all the actors in the play are American. We are a very young country and God will punish us for idolatry. It's happened before and history is going to repeat itself. Jesus is prophesied in the OT as the modern day idol of Israel.
To understand the value of prophecy you have to have a belief in the God backing that prophecy to have inspiration from that God to understand that prophecy correctly. Otherwise everything else is just an opinion and everyone has them.
America has not the ten lost tribes of Israel. Maybe one or two possibly as gentiles mainly from Spain and Europe came here since the 1500s who could have been descendants of who knows which tribes.
Concerning the dispersion we have an apocryphal book to read from...(taken from the web)

"History of the Tribes
The apocryphal second book of Esdras, regarded as genuine by many early Christians, gives the following account of the ten tribes:"

"....and whereas thou sawest that he gathered another peaceable people unto him. These are the Ten Tribes which were carried away captives out of their own land in the time of Oseas, the king, whom Salmanaser, the king of the Assyrians, took captive and crossed them beyond the river; so were they brought into another land, but they took this council to themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen and go forth onto a further country, where never man dwelt, that they might keep the statutes, which they never kept in their own land. And they entered in at the narrow passages of the river Euphrates, for the most High then showed them signs and stayed the springs of the flood till they were passed over; for through the country there was great journey, even of a year and a half, and the same region is called Arsareth." (2 Esdras 13:39-45.)

Next, the ten tribes of Israel were dispersed (according to the OT) to northern countries and then to who knows where. And the God of the OT stated concerning a future gathering of these tribes...

Jeremiah 32:37
37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries whither I have driven them in Mine anger and in My fury and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely.
Big AL

Hibbing, MN

#24 May 7, 2014
Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>No, but I believe the weather patterns hat are currently going haywire, will get much worse. Unbelievers will keep chalking it to global warming. Christians know the "signs of the times" and believe God's Spirit is growing weary of mankind's infatuation with itself i.e. idol worship. The days are coming when 100 pound hail stones will fall from the sky. It is forecasted by Holy Scripture, which has been 100% accurate thus far.
So you don’t think that climate change is being caused by human greenhouse gas emissions. You think an anthropomorphic god is having anger management problems. That’s kind of like the ancient Vikings that believed thunderbolts were the wrath of Thor.

“Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.”~ Robert Heinlein, Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Location hidden

#25 May 7, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
To understand the value of prophecy you have to have a belief in the God backing that prophecy to have inspiration from that God to understand that prophecy correctly. Otherwise everything else is just an opinion and everyone has them.
America has not the ten lost tribes of Israel. Maybe one or two possibly as gentiles mainly from Spain and Europe came here since the 1500s who could have been descendants of who knows which tribes.
Concerning the dispersion we have an apocryphal book to read from...(taken from the web)
"History of the Tribes
The apocryphal second book of Esdras, regarded as genuine by many early Christians, gives the following account of the ten tribes:"
"....and whereas thou sawest that he gathered another peaceable people unto him. These are the Ten Tribes which were carried away captives out of their own land in the time of Oseas, the king, whom Salmanaser, the king of the Assyrians, took captive and crossed them beyond the river; so were they brought into another land, but they took this council to themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen and go forth onto a further country, where never man dwelt, that they might keep the statutes, which they never kept in their own land. And they entered in at the narrow passages of the river Euphrates, for the most High then showed them signs and stayed the springs of the flood till they were passed over; for through the country there was great journey, even of a year and a half, and the same region is called Arsareth." (2 Esdras 13:39-45.)
Next, the ten tribes of Israel were dispersed (according to the OT) to northern countries and then to who knows where. And the God of the OT stated concerning a future gathering of these tribes...
Jeremiah 32:37
37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries whither I have driven them in Mine anger and in My fury and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely.
I know that Israel is the lost kingdom of Israel. They went from Assyrian captivity and migrated to the northwest into the coastlands and isles. If you draw a line from Israel northwest it points directly to Europe. These people settled what used to be called "free Europe". In the book of Daniel they are represented as the 10 horns and as 10 toes. These people were never Jewish and they have been habitually joined to idols. The term "Jew" came from a member of the house of Judah, the southern kingdom.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#28 May 7, 2014
Richie T wrote:
Carbon dioxide emissions are being blamed for contributing to global warming. Do you not realize that 96% of carbon dioxide is emitted from human beings, animals and natural phenomenon, such as solar activity and water vapor? The majority of environmental scientists are doctoring their facts and figures, and the blind sheep of the planet follow along.
Yeah right......scientists have drilled down hundreds of feet into the polar ice caps and they can trace a huge increase in toxic properties in the ice beginning at the same time as the industrial revolution. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

The recent report shows that 97% of the scientists in the country believe that fossil fuel consumption and the consequent continuous release to the atmosphere is exactly what's causing the problem. NASA was one of them and they have a vehicle crawling around on the surface of Mars sending all kinds of data back to be studied. Seems to me they know a lot about the solar system.

The attitude of the Republican supporters never ceases to amaze me. They completely ignore the overall mission of supporting corporations and the wealthy when they vote for them. Look at the red states in the south.......most of them have a political majority made up of people who go to the polls and vote Republican while they earn less than $40,000 a year and use every government subsidy imaginable. They thump their bibles, tote their guns, chew their backy and are outraged because they can't tell independent women how to manage their healthcare or force their religious beliefs into public schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't Blame God! 15 hr dollarsbill 7
The Baptist Church (Jan '08) 15 hr dollarsbill 45
Hellmouth: Capitalism Deities Mon Abishai100 1
What Does God Hate? Mon True or False 1
The Color of People's Skin Mon True or False 1
MESSAGE FROM GOD to THE REPUBLICANS of USA (Nov '14) Mon True or False 13
was King David black? (Jan '14) Mon True or False 38
More from around the web