'Jesus Wife' Papyrus Deemed a Fake

Posted in the Christian Forum

Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#1 Sep 29, 2012
Thought all you inquiring skeptics should read this. I see it has not been posted. I wonder why? Because it doesn't fit the atheists agenda.

http://news.discovery.com/history/jesus-wife-...

The "Jesus Wife" papyrus, a fragment of Coptic script containing a suggestion that Jesus may have been married, is a "clumsy forgery," the Vatican said.

"At any rate, a fake," Giovanni Maria Vian, the editor of the Vatican's newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, wrote in an editorial that accompanied an article by leading Coptic scholar Alberto Camplani.
FSM

Highett, Australia

#2 Sep 29, 2012
I don't trust Catholics. They're deceived by the debil. If they say it's a forgery, it must be genuine. ;)

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 29, 2012
Yeah, and who would know more about fakes than the Catholic Church?

*cough**cough* shroud of turin *cough*
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#4 Sep 29, 2012
So what, SS? They say you folks are fake too, and you say they're fakes too...

1. I couldn't care less about this subject. Wont change my POV one micron either way. Its all a big fake.

2. Funny how now the Vatican is your reliable source. What if tomorrow they come out and say there has been a mistranslation of some important part of the NT, and they have the "originals" to prove it...and they lean the RCC way...? You'd deem those fakes, and part of the RCC's grand conspiracy with Satan...

You are too funny...but when something/one becomes too funny, its usually really just sort of sad.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#5 Sep 30, 2012
We already knew the Vatican was going to deem it fake before their statement was publicized. Anything that conflicts with the Vatican of lying dogs has always been "deemed" fake.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
We already knew the Vatican was going to deem it fake before their statement was publicized. Anything that conflicts with the Vatican of lying dogs has always been "deemed" fake.
I don't recall anyone mentioning this before the fact. And is Alberto Camplani a part of the Vatican?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 1, 2012
The small number of replies to this aticle only proves atheists and skeptics want NOTHING to do with the truth. They want discord and lies sown among believers so they can advance their godless agendas.

It didn't take a catholic to prove it was a fake. I knew it was a fake the moment I saw it. Why? Because the Word of God makes no mention or even HINTS at Jesus having a wife.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 1, 2012
Punisher wrote:
So what, SS? They say you folks are fake too, and you say they're fakes too...
1. I couldn't care less about this subject. Wont change my POV one micron either way. Its all a big fake.
2. Funny how now the Vatican is your reliable source. What if tomorrow they come out and say there has been a mistranslation of some important part of the NT, and they have the "originals" to prove it...and they lean the RCC way...? You'd deem those fakes, and part of the RCC's grand conspiracy with Satan...
You are too funny...but when something/one becomes too funny, its usually really just sort of sad.
As I said, it didn't take the vatican to make me believe it was a fake. I already knew it.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#9 Oct 1, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
The small number of replies to this aticle only proves atheists and skeptics want NOTHING to do with the truth. They want discord and lies sown among believers so they can advance their godless agendas.
It didn't take a catholic to prove it was a fake. I knew it was a fake the moment I saw it. Why? Because the Word of God makes no mention or even HINTS at Jesus having a wife.
doesn't mention anywhere in the scriptures he wasn't either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians aren't being lights of the world 6 min par five 16
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 31 min truthandcommonsense 3,024
Jews are the Children of Satan 33 min truthandcommonsense 35
News UN urges 'robust' Mediterranean rescue operatio... 35 min truthandcommonsense 2
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 40 min truthandcommonsense 230
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 48 min purplelady1040 5,358
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Samantha 19,838
Before The Big Bang 9 hr janeebee 3,605
More from around the web