Did Adam And Eve Ever Get Married?
Mobe

Springfield, NJ

#233 Oct 16, 2013
Wayne wrote:
God married them,, or else Adam wouldn't have known Eve was his wife and that man and woman are to be wed to one another,, not each other.
Genesis 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
and you get they were married from that. So it's ok to assume things to fit your believes

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#234 Oct 19, 2013
Yes Adam and Eve was married by God Himself. GENESIS 1:28 clearly shows this. It says that God "blessed them" and told them to "be fruitful", or have children....Yes Adam and Eve had God's blessing and thus God performed the first marriage ever recorded in their behalf.
Evan

Framingham, MA

#236 Mar 2, 2014
How do you get married under God's way?

Since: Nov 13

Oceanside, CA

#237 Mar 3, 2014
TTIN wrote:
Nowhere in the Bible does it mention Adam and Eve getting married. Were Adam and Eve living in sin when they had sex? And if they did get married who did the marriage? Who was the priest? Did God create a third person(Steve?) just to officiate the marriage ceremony and they just didn't put it in the Bible? Doesn't mention a third person.
If Adam and Eve didn't get married, if they had extramarital sex then how can it be a sin? If it was good enough for Adam and Eve it's good enough for today.
its called mythology based on other sources.
The truth works

Houston, TX

#238 Mar 3, 2014
eikcaj wrote:
Yes Adam and Eve was married by God Himself. GENESIS 1:28 clearly shows this. It says that God "blessed them" and told them to "be fruitful", or have children....Yes Adam and Eve had God's blessing and thus God performed the first marriage ever recorded in their behalf.
So God is not all knowing?
Is this life just one of God's video games or something? Apparently!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#239 Mar 4, 2014
The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Hope he/she answers it.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#240 Mar 4, 2014
The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
So John, You're just here seeking answers and looking for a civil discussion, rite?

You sure about that John. You sure ole HG wasnt right about you all along about the only reason you're here is because you are uncomfortable with yourself and your beliefs so to make yourself feel better you try to instigate drama?

Cause I tell ya John, sure seems like it!

You're a troll John. You just really suck at it!

LOL

;)

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#241 Mar 4, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Hope he/she answers it.
How to Spot a Sociopath

Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!
The truth works

Richmond, TX

#242 Mar 4, 2014
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How to Spot a Sociopath
Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!
How ironic!!
Rob

United States

#243 Mar 12, 2014
TTIN wrote:
Nowhere in the Bible does it mention Adam and Eve getting married.
With that same idea...no place does it mention they didnt...omission is not definition ...juss sayin..ยข0:
Yessss

Splendora, TX

#244 Mar 20, 2014
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
<quoted text>Not legal.. sorry.. won't fly! Only "LEGAL" marriages are recognized!
The law wasn't even set yet so the only law that mattered was what God said was the law.
Van

Hernando, MS

#245 Jun 20, 2014
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just PO'd because God didn't create another man from Adams rib. Wonder why? Could it be because He declared homosexuality an ABOMINATION?
Where did Jesus say this?
Keenspree

Bangkok, Thailand

#246 Jul 30, 2014
Heinrich wrote:
And if Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel .. where the did the next generation come from? Which one of his sisters did Cain knock up to make the third generation? Which one of his daughters did Adam bang to make the next generation?
Big logical hole there, Xtians.
There is no logical hole. If you start with only a man and women, then your children only have the option to produce amongst themselves. In the beginning times, this would appear how reproduction had happened. In the beginning, there was no law from God that spoke against incest, so at that time it wasn't considered 'incest', but simply that you were marrying a close relative. In fact, for many of the early Biblical marriages, they preferred close relatives as opposed to marrying clans of people the parents (father) found detestable. It was this way with Abraham, who had gotten a wife for Isaac from his own people, not the Canaanites. Genesis 24:4. Incest wasn't a sin until the law of God had come to the people through Moses. We see this as 'sick' today, but really only because the nature of incest leads to abnormalities and (well, whatever else the natural problems that are created from this, which I don't know specifically). However, in the beginning, before people's genes had much time to change (I'm gathering from sin), there wasn't the problems of these abnormalities.
Keenspree

Bangkok, Thailand

#247 Jul 30, 2014
Van wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did Jesus say this?
The Bible says this. It would help if you read over Genesis and Exodus. Abraham's wife was his sister. And his son, Isaac, married from his own family. Incest was not a sin until after the law came into being in Exodus. For whatever reason, I do not know. Why don't you ask God?
Keenspree

Bangkok, Thailand

#248 Jul 30, 2014
Oh, my bad I thought you were replying to a different comment, Van. Ignore my previous comment.
celtic wave

Altamonte Springs, FL

#249 May 17, 2015
If Adam and Eve were of the same DNA pool and married, this would be considered somewhat incestuous today.
And if we are then descendants of them, we are open to all sorts of genetic disorders.
Of course, science has proven that this is not the case and the human race did not descend from one person.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#250 May 17, 2015
celtic wave wrote:
If Adam and Eve were of the same DNA pool and married, this would be considered somewhat incestuous today.
And if we are then descendants of them, we are open to all sorts of genetic disorders.
Of course, science has proven that this is not the case and the human race did not descend from one person.
Psalm 14:1 (NKJV)
1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
JESUS PROPHET OF ISLAM

Indonesia

#251 May 19, 2015
( 17 ) THE SEVENTEENTH REASON JESUS IS THE PROPHET OF MUSLIMS.

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RELIGION OF ISLAM, JESUS SAID: "PEOPLE CAN ONLY GO TO HEAVEN IF HAVE FAITH, DOING GOOD DEEDS AND DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER ON HEAVEN

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me (Jesus): Lord, Lord! will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father (believe and work righteousness) which is in heaven.

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is devout and does his will (believe and work righteousness).

MUSLIMS BELIEVE THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS, CHRISTIANS DO NOT BELIEVE THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS, CHRISTIANS DISSIDENT TEACHINGS OF JESUS.

JESUS DOES NOT KNOW RELIGION CHRISTIAN, JESUS DO NOT KNOW CHRIST'S FOLLOWERS , JESUS WILL EXPEL CHRISTIANS AS EVILDOERS.

Matthew 7:22-23
On the last day many will say to me,'GOD, GOD, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name, too? At that time I will be frank with them and say: I NEVER KNOW YOU!'Depart from me, all you EVILDOERS!'

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#252 May 19, 2015
JESUS PROPHET OF ISLAM wrote:
( 17 ) THE SEVENTEENTH REASON JESUS IS THE PROPHET OF MUSLIMS.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RELIGION OF ISLAM, JESUS SAID: "PEOPLE CAN ONLY GO TO HEAVEN IF HAVE FAITH, DOING GOOD DEEDS AND DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER ON HEAVEN
Does that mean whoever blows up the most babies will make it to Islam heaven?
JESUS PROPHET OF ISLAM

Indonesia

#253 May 19, 2015
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean whoever blows up the most babies will make it to Islam heaven?
( 20 ) THE TWENTIETH REASON, JESUS IS PROPHET OF ISLAM

JESUS PROPHESIED HIS COMING BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE.

1. JESUS CAME ON THE EVE OF THE UNEXPECTED, HUMAN SHOULD BE ON THE ALERT.
Matthew 24: 37-44
"For as the days of Noah, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man (Jesus). For as in the days before the flood were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, and they do not know will be something, until the flood came and took them all away, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man (Jesus). At that time if there are two people in the field; one will be taken and the other left; if there were two women is turning the millstone, one will be taken and the other will ditinggalkan.Karena Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, never mind surely he precaution, and would not let his house be dismantled. Therefore be ye also ready, because the Son of Man (Jesus) comes on when you do not expect. "

Mark 13: 33-37
"Be careful and stay awake! For you do not know when the time comes. It is like a journey, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, each with his work, and commanded the porter to just in case. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or late at night, or early in the morning, so that if he suddenly comes you do not he found was sleeping. What I told you, I told everyone: keep watch! "

2. JESUS CAME WITH THE SIGNS OF NATURE
Luke 21: 25-28
"And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on earth nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will die of fright because of anxiety after those things which are coming on the earth: for power is powers of heaven shall be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man (Jesus) coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near. "

3. JESUS CAME WHEN THE INFIDELS (NON-MUSLIMS) DRUNKEN PARTY
Luke 21: 34-36
"Take care of yourself, so that your hearts are not weighed down by carousing and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day suddenly fall upon you like a trap. For it will come upon all the inhabitants of the earth. Keep watch, always praying , so that you may receive the strength to escape all that will happen, and so that you may stand before the Son of Man (Jesus). "

QURAN AND MUHAMMAD SAW PROPHESIED ABOUT THE COMING OF JESUS

1. JESUS BEAR WITNESS TO CHRISTIAN MISGUIDED
An-Nisa: 159
None of the Book, but will believe in him ('Isa) before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection 'Isa (Jesus) will be a witness against them.

2. JESUS CAME TO DESTROY THE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE
HR. Bukhari.
"There will come later approaching doomsday, Jesus son of Mary (Jesus), being a fair judge, destroying the cross (COMBAT PEOPLE CHRISTIAN) and killing pigs, as well as laying the jizya / tribute."

MUSLIMS BELIEVE THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS, CHRISTIANS DO NOT BELIEVE THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS, CHRISTIANS DISSIDENT TEACHINGS OF JESUS.

JESUS DOES NOT KNOW RELIGION CHRISTIAN, JESUS DO NOT KNOW CHRIST'S FOLLOWERS , JESUS WILL EXPEL CHRISTIANS AS EVILDOERS.

Matthew 7:22-23
On the last day many will say to me,'GOD, GOD, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name, too? At that time I will be frank with them and say: I NEVER KNOW YOU!'Depart from me, all you EVILDOERS!'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 10 min Barmsweb 475
Scripture 24 min Barmsweb 116
The Moral Failure Of Christians 26 min blacklagoon 175
Mother Teresa a Saint? What a cruel Joke!!! 43 min blacklagoon 14
Bible Interpretation 53 min Big Al 364
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? (Jan '16) 2 hr ROG 172
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security (Sep '15) 7 hr Horneybalddude 4,014
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 11 hr 0smius 2,777
More from around the web