Did Adam And Eve Ever Get Married?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
TTIN

Bay City, MI

#1 Apr 5, 2009
Nowhere in the Bible does it mention Adam and Eve getting married. Were Adam and Eve living in sin when they had sex? And if they did get married who did the marriage? Who was the priest? Did God create a third person(Steve?) just to officiate the marriage ceremony and they just didn't put it in the Bible? Doesn't mention a third person.

If Adam and Eve didn't get married, if they had extramarital sex then how can it be a sin? If it was good enough for Adam and Eve it's good enough for today.
Wayne

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2009
God married them,, or else Adam wouldn't have known Eve was his wife and that man and woman are to be wed to one another,, not each other.

Genesis 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#3 Apr 5, 2009
Yes! It was a state sponsored ceremony! Complete with the justice of the peace!
They got married for the tax benefits and right of survivorship!

“Fundie SMACKER..”

#4 Apr 5, 2009
Wayne wrote:
God married them,, or else Adam wouldn't have known Eve was his wife and that man and woman are to be wed to one another,, not each other.
Genesis 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Not legal.. sorry.. won't fly! Only "LEGAL" marriages are recognized!
Wayne

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2009
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
Yes! It was a state sponsored ceremony! Complete with the justice of the peace!
They got married for the tax benefits and right of survivorship!
You're just PO'd because God didn't create another man from Adams rib. Wonder why? Could it be because He declared homosexuality an ABOMINATION?

“Fundie SMACKER..”

#6 Apr 5, 2009
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just PO'd because God didn't create another man from Adams rib. Wonder why? Could it be because He declared homosexuality an ABOMINATION?
NOBODY created anything out of a "rib" except a BBQ..

And moses loved eating ribs.. there is where your "story" originates from.. what a putz!
Wayne

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2009
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
<quoted text>NOBODY created anything out of a "rib" except a BBQ..
And moses loved eating ribs.. there is where your "story" originates from.. what a putz!
Keep telling yourself that Jr. If it makes you feel like somebody.
TTIN

Bay City, MI

#8 Apr 5, 2009
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
What color were Adam and Eve? If they were white then why didn't God create a black person? Does that mean that black people shouldn't marry?
Or if they were black why didn't he create a white person?
And what was there hair color, because if he didn't create a person with a certain hair color that must mean he didn't want them to get married either.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 5, 2009
TTIN wrote:
Nowhere in the Bible does it mention Adam and Eve getting married. Were Adam and Eve living in sin when they had sex? And if they did get married who did the marriage? Who was the priest? Did God create a third person(Steve?) just to officiate the marriage ceremony and they just didn't put it in the Bible? Doesn't mention a third person.
If Adam and Eve didn't get married, if they had extramarital sex then how can it be a sin? If it was good enough for Adam and Eve it's good enough for today.
God purposedly created Eve from Adam for Adam to have sex and multiply. Otherwise, God will be creating humans from dust all the time until today. God had given them permission to f*ck and have children, Cain and Abel. Perhaps their marriage cert had rot, eaten by paper bugs or kept in the cave and lost in the Noah Flood.
Native

United States

#10 Apr 19, 2009
TTIN
Yes adam and eve were married.
If you read Genesis 2 it says in verse 25 they were both naked the man and his wife. So in Gods eyes they must have been married.

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

TTIN wrote:
Nephilim

United States

#11 Apr 19, 2009
Native wrote:
TTIN
Yes adam and eve were married.
If you read Genesis 2 it says in verse 25 they were both naked the man and his wife. So in Gods eyes they must have been married.
21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
<quoted text>
That musta hurt like hell or they had really good anesthesia!
If only one rib was taken where did the lund, kidneys and brain come from? a horse?
Heinrich

Brighton, CO

#12 Apr 20, 2009
And if Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel .. where the did the next generation come from? Which one of his sisters did Cain knock up to make the third generation? Which one of his daughters did Adam bang to make the next generation?
Big logical hole there, Xtians.
FinSci

Finland

#13 Apr 21, 2009
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
God purposedly created Eve from Adam for Adam to have sex and multiply. Otherwise, God will be creating humans from dust all the time until today. God had given them permission to f*ck and have children, Cain and Abel. Perhaps their marriage cert had rot, eaten by paper bugs or kept in the cave and lost in the Noah Flood.
I wonder how you'd cope in a science class, lets say the Principles of Mammalian Reproduction or something alike, being made to watch, listen and respond to the real facts instead of your childish fairy tales.
FinSci

Finland

#14 Apr 21, 2009
Wayne wrote:
This doesn't even make a good story. My young daughter would laugh at this, and immediately say that's not real daddy.
How can you beleive such false nonsense at your age? From a rib, LOL! Next you'll be telling me men have a different number of ribs to women.
Sid

Jinhua, China

#15 Apr 21, 2009
Heinrich wrote:
And if Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel .. where the did the next generation come from? Which one of his sisters did Cain knock up to make the third generation? Which one of his daughters did Adam bang to make the next generation?
Big logical hole there, Xtians.
Damn right Heinrich, keep it it the family I reckon and then nobody gets the clap.
FundieSmacker

United States

#16 Apr 21, 2009
Nope.. in biblical times women were objects 'owned' by men.

no marriage, sorry.

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#17 Apr 21, 2009
Wayne wrote:
mother and father ???

neither adam nor eve had one !
A better question

AOL

#18 Apr 21, 2009
Did Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley actually get married? Or did someone just say they did?
Sid

Jinhua, China

#19 Apr 22, 2009
For a start, there is no marriage ceremony presented in the bible so we can safely assume that marriage in the contemporary sense is not much more than a public ritual designed to sanctify, sterilize and deodorize Christian sexual phobia. In Christian doctrine it’s ok to have sex after you are married but not before, I fail to understand why since there are no specific rituals to be performed, vows to be exchanged, public acts to be undertaken required by bible doctrine to publically state that two people are married. Sex before marriage may be seen by Christians as sexual immorality, if sex is the only purpose of the relationship then it is not marriage, if it is the natural outcome of the relationship with all the attendant responsibilities then I see no sexual immorality.
As for adam and eve having sex, who knows, who cares, how did they even know what sex was, how did they know the sex act could create children [no children around], the adam and eve story should be taken as allegorical, too many discrepancies to be explained as miracles if it is taken literally. Why would they be ashamed of there nudity since married couples don’t need to be ashamed of themselves but take joy in each others bodies. Why would childbirth be given connotations of punishment for a woman when it is a most joyous occasion [albeit painful for the woman].
I must qualify this, it was only after the so called fall that they were ashamed of their bodies not before so by inference they did not have sex before the fall only after, why, I can’t make sense of this. They were naked but didn’t know they were before the fall, they were naked after the fall and suddenly they are ashamed of their bodies, doesn’t figure.
Gates

Muskegon, MI

#20 Aug 14, 2009
To explain many things in the Bible one would need many libraries, as I can see from the confused questions God in his wisdom chose to keep it "Kiss" if you will forgive me for using this term. If one does not believe the basic explanation of mankinds beginnings as inspired by God then it is because of a lack of faith. However, it doesn't negate the fact that we exist--duh- If God were to explain in detail to anyone with a question regarding anything in the Bible, who could comprehend or retain how he anesthetized Adam, performed a major surgery, then created "another" living creature based upon the "DNA" of another being [I guess man is the only scientific being capable of understanding DNA-and this only after how many thousands of years]. We have progressed to the point where we have been in a state of constant war since the beginning of man, but we question Gods' existence and justify our own as fairy tale, silly rabbit tricks are for kids, whether you believe in God, the bible, or Jesus Christ believe this "As you live you surely one day will die, the bible has declared God, the way to be reconciled to him, and what is to happen after everything in the bible is fulfilled. Opps forgive me for not mentioning that bible prophecy is amazingly accurate. for failing to mention that many of the Bibles characters, places and events have been scientifically been confirmed--but I guess if you don't believe in God it really doesne't matter--Ostriches hide their heads in holes in the ground too or is that a myth? We have been given enough information to form an opinion or belief and trust this "if you don't believe and it is all true who will suffer you or God? Once again I pray that those that do not believe that one day they are blessed to believe what the majority of mankind beleives in some form or another "yes sorry but you nonbelievers seem to be a small minority but hey who am I to keep you from what is to come--opps I mean what I believe the creator of all things has said would come. Can you imagine having the power to hang something on nothing (the Earth and other planets) creating gravity then to have something you created tell you "hey you don't exist my daughter thinks you are a fairy tale--good luck my friend because I gaurantee you one day you will have a chance to tell God everything you don't believe about him to his face--This is the confidence I have and if you don't believe keep right on not believing it won't change God's plans one iota. Have fun on your death bed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 51 min Uncle Sam 114
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 1 hr janeebee 2,567
Has Topix positively influenced ANY non-Christi... 2 hr Passing thru 15
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 4 hr Son of Man 207
Religious Freedom 4 hr dkskd001 93
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 4 hr Old GT 233
all religions are myths and fictions 5 hr Old GT 33
More from around the web