Christianity is Not A Tolerant Doctrine
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#62 Dec 11, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>As of now, the Sumerian creation epic story is the original written story, at least until there's another discovery of written stories that are much older than the Sumerian's.
It's called Genesis.

The pagans of Sumeria ripped it off and made up their own gods.
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#63 Dec 11, 2012
angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do.You have a good memory.
Why do you think it is hard to reconcile?
John from Texas

Buda, TX

#64 Dec 11, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nuts.
Yeah, like a big stinking pile of ginkgo nuts.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#65 Dec 11, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to think you are praying for a lot of "saved" believers. Wouldn't that be a waste of your God given time?
I hope I am praying for saved believers. I don't want to see anyone end up in Hell. Why do you think I'm here on Topix sharing the gospel?

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#66 Dec 11, 2012
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doesn't like her? I'm praying that she gets saved. I'm praying for all of you unbelievers.
You arrogant numbskull. Angelina is a far better ambassador for her faith than an idiot like you could ever hope to be. You are a fanatical fundie bore and the brand of Christianity that you put across is as attractive as a pile of doggy doo! Don't you worry about praying that people be saved, I am sure most of us here are already hoping that we can be saved. Saved from having to listen to a fundie fanatic like you!

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#67 Dec 11, 2012
angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>It amazes me that anyone takes the time to use the icons so much anyway to be honest.
I suppose they derive some sort of satisfaction from it all but that in itself is kind of sad.
I very rarely use the positive icons, and never use the negative. I tend to believe those who frequent the negative icon trough are likely passive-aggressive, but mostly only when they "judgeit" and will not otherwise comment.

God bless you and yours :).

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#68 Dec 11, 2012
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doesn't like her? I'm praying that she gets saved. I'm praying for all of you unbelievers.
I was saved and baptised many years ago and am very active in the small non denominational church I attend.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#69 Dec 11, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, God IS longsuffering and patient toward us. But, what will the outcome of those who do NOT repent? Will He STILL tolerate their sin? Some think so They call all of this Gods fault and say He will reconcile with ALL of mankind in the end.
That is a lie.
Eventually we will all answer to Him for what we have done and no, as I'm sure you are aware, I don't believe that He will reconcile with all mankind.
I do still think though that He will judge the false leaders more harshly than those they lead astray.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#70 Dec 12, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think it is hard to reconcile?
I have always struggled to understand the purpose of Job.
First of all,Job had to go through his difficulties because God wanted to prove to Satan that Job was steadfast but I don't see why God would do that. Why did God even entertain Satans questioning of Jobs faith?
Also, the fact that Satan was allowed to harm Jobs family to prove a point seems hard to grasp.

There are some very helpful individual verses there but the book as a whole is one that I find difficult to see the reason for.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#71 Dec 12, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
SPIRITUALLY.
Yes, I agree but Do you not think he can manifest himself in physical form?

Also, while he tempts spiritually he does use the physical things of life to tempt us to evil. Yes?

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#72 Dec 12, 2012
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant numbskull. Angelina is a far better ambassador for her faith than an idiot like you could ever hope to be. You are a fanatical fundie bore and the brand of Christianity that you put across is as attractive as a pile of doggy doo! Don't you worry about praying that people be saved, I am sure most of us here are already hoping that we can be saved. Saved from having to listen to a fundie fanatic like you!
Losing count of how many pints of the dark stuff I owe you now.
Hope the leprechauns are all well and being good for you.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#73 Dec 12, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called Genesis.
The pagans of Sumeria ripped it off and made up their own gods.
Don't think so! Sumerians have the writing to prove theirs and Genesis took another few thousand years before it was written.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

United States, North America

#74 Dec 12, 2012
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
So it seems that your demon "god" most certainly hold other innocent people, even animals, to blame for someone who causes him to go postal.
Face it Wayne, you worship a psychopathic demon.
Did the star god tell you Christianity was a psychopathic demon?

Since: Oct 07

Edinburgh, UK

#75 Dec 12, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, God IS longsuffering and patient toward us. But, what will the outcome of those who do NOT repent? Will He STILL tolerate their sin? Some think so They call all of this Gods fault and say He will reconcile with ALL of mankind in the end.
That is a lie.
Hi Wayne you said "...Some think so They call all of this Gods fault and say He will reconcile with ALL of mankind in the end.
That is a lie."

how do you tie that up with

Romans 5 18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#76 Dec 17, 2012
As to this thread about Christianity not being tolerant:

All Saints Church, Hosting Muslim Public Affairs Council Convention, Receives Threats, Hate Mail

For the first time in its history, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) is holding its annual convention at a Christian church. But now the council's host, All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena, Calif., is facing vitriolic backlash.

The church has received over 25 hate emails and threats since Friday, Rev. Susan Russell, senior associate for communications at All Saints, told The Huffington Post Wednesday. She blogged about the MPAC event for HuffPost Tuesday, and spoke to the negative reception the church has faced so far.

Russell sent text of some of these messages to The Huffington Post, including a quote from one comparing Islam to Nazism and calling Muslims "Body Snatchers." Another quote reads,“You are Consorting with the Enemy that is Killing Christians Worldwide.”

Russell writes of another, from South Carolina, that reads,“The problem is that by providing cover and legitimacy to an organization dedicated to overthrowing the Constitution, and substituting Sharia law therefore, you endanger my country and my grandsons' future."

All Saints Church, which is known for its progressive activism, is used to receiving criticism, usually from more conservative Christians. Still, the church’s reverend, Ed Bacon, said in his sermon Sunday that these were “some of the most vile, mean-spirited emails I’ve ever read in my life, talking about All Saints participating in terrorism,” as Russell recounted in her post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do you really believe in a god? 13 min messianic114 622
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 24 min messianic114 8,260
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 35 min 10uhsee 1,344
Who else wants to go back and stop the fall of ... 49 min Blodewedd 42
Evidence Against God 2 hr rog 3,828
+++++++++++ THE SECRET to IMMORTALITY +++++++++++ (Nov '14) 2 hr Atheistgirl 31
A God Who Disagrees With The Data 2 hr Blodewedd 170
More from around the web