Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Encyclopedia Britanical Junior, in the "D" volume, under the "Dreams" artical it states that there are two kinds of dreams that children have but adults do not.
(1) The daydream of the addopted child (for you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear but you have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry Abba, Father. Romans 8:15 KJV)
(2) The daydream of the imaginary playmate (nd I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever. Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, veither knows Him: but you know Him, for He dwells with you, and shall be in you. John 14:16-17 KJV)
Clever, but whats the F'n point...?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
The posts above remind of the Pharisaic Christian that presumes to understand what
'unconditional 'love' is...
We utter the two words and then proceed to list all the 'conditions' that it works under when in fact unconditional love simply means....
Love without conditions... love without dogma, without judgement.
The man Jesus spoke about turning the other cheek, forgiving our brother 'seventy times seventy, in other words indefinitely
This aspect of non judgment is reiterated by the Paul in Corinthians where he states that love does not keep a record of the wrong.....
If there is no record then there is nothing to forgive, nothing to judge and most certainly nothing to punish.... simply love without conditions.

Learn the truth and it will set you free...

What truth? The truth that there is no truth, at least not in terms of religious dogma of any creed but instead that all things are possible and the universal energy that continues to expand from eternity to eternity.........
Simply put....'JUST IS",

The universal expansion takes place without religious or moral considerations. Don't agree?

Then how else would you explain the notion that two Christian women could be praying to their god to save their sick child and one lives and one dies?

Ask a child why something is what it is and they will tell you the truth, the unadulterated, simple truth..

"Because".
If the man called Jesus truly existed, and I believe that he did if for no other reason than the most significant demarcation of recorded history and our modern era is based on the approximate time of his birth i.e., BCE & CE,
Then he was a philosopher, a physicist a honest man, way ahead of his time and he knew exactly what he was doing when he told his students to become like little children...
The judging of one another that takes place on this forum alone indicates that most of us have issed his point entirely.
Psst, this is all New agey dogma and doctrine.

Do you have children? Cause if you ask for the truth, be it of something they did, or about something they know nothing about - they will either, Lie, or make shyte up.

A child needs to be taught to tell the truth about their actions, and they need to learn the truth about things they dont know so to know the truth of them.

Problem is Adults lie and/or dont know how to explain things to them. A kid asks, where do babies come from?- and the avg adult lies, or stutters till their teeth fall out.
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Psst, this is all New agey dogma and doctrine.Do you have children?
Yeah I have four children, all adults now the youngest being 27. New agey lol, hardly when it comes to this stuff nothign has really changed from the time we were dancing around fires....

IS not the universe expanding from eternity to eternity? Is not energy involved in this process? Is there any definite truth as exactly what this energy is? Nothing new there.

As to you comments that children do judge then I respectively disagree with you and I'll do so without calling you or your comments 'stupid'.

When I speak of little children I would have thought that the context of the discussion made it clear that I was referring to very young children say 1-5 years old and while there are no black and white lines as to a child's level of intelligence at any particular age....

Two year old children do not make mediated, moral, philosphical judgments about the meaning of life, sin, what happens when we die etc...

The simply to not have the intellect or expereince to do so instead they simply accept things as they see them and more than not are satisfied with the simplest of answers to the question that arise from these discussions

When was the last time you had two year old child sit down with you and give you a judgmental opinion on the merits of their sleeping regime, diet, politics, why we have rainbows etc, etc

Has a two year old ever discussed with you the religious views of say some guests that have just left your home after a discussion on religion...

Communication with nothing other than words has its limitations and so it is obvious to me that we are not on the same page when speaking about children and judgment....

Am I correct... well your own words tell me that I am
Punisher wrote:
<A child needs to be taught to tell the truth about their actions, and they need to learn the truth about things they dont know so to know the truth of them..
Exactly.... they need to be taught and until they are and until they gain life experience they do not make moral, philosphical judgemts...

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I would say that fundies are more like little retards.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I have four children, all adults now the youngest being 27. New agey lol, hardly when it comes to this stuff nothign has really changed from the time we were dancing around fires....
IS not the universe expanding from eternity to eternity? Is not energy involved in this process? Is there any definite truth as exactly what this energy is? Nothing new there.
As to you comments that children do judge then I respectively disagree with you and I'll do so without calling you or your comments 'stupid'.
When I speak of little children I would have thought that the context of the discussion made it clear that I was referring to very young children say 1-5 years old and while there are no black and white lines as to a child's level of intelligence at any particular age....
Two year old children do not make mediated, moral, philosphical judgments about the meaning of life, sin, what happens when we die etc...
The simply to not have the intellect or expereince to do so instead they simply accept things as they see them and more than not are satisfied with the simplest of answers to the question that arise from these discussions
When was the last time you had two year old child sit down with you and give you a judgmental opinion on the merits of their sleeping regime, diet, politics, why we have rainbows etc, etc
Has a two year old ever discussed with you the religious views of say some guests that have just left your home after a discussion on religion...
Communication with nothing other than words has its limitations and so it is obvious to me that we are not on the same page when speaking about children and judgment....
Am I correct... well your own words tell me that I am
<quoted text>
Exactly.... they need to be taught and until they are and until they gain life experience they do not make moral, philosphical judgemts...
what?

care to make a coherent and cogent point...?

If children dont do these things (as we all agree) of what use is the metaphor to us ??? Only a mindless, moron of an adult can see like a child might. And even thats specious.

Fact of the matter is the "come like little children" notion is a stupid one. No adult can do that. So its a big waste of time to argue over things that people in 1st century Palestine were clueless about. It was stupid and very limited device. "Be like a child." is so trite its silly that Xtians make such a big deal over it.

What adults like You do is force all sorts of metaphors and such in order to create (make-up) some adult-child model that is to abandon all sense and reason to worship a made-up God.

Adults can not see things like a child. So who cares about yet another of these stupid Bible quotes...!?!?!!!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

The Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Christians could be wrong about why Jesus told them to be like a little Child. One day I watched my little granddaughter play school. She talked to her imaginary students as if they were really there. Perhaps Jesus was watching a little child doing something similar and mabe that was the way you were to talk to God, as if he is really there. Mabe that is why Jesus told them to enter into their closet when they pray, so they wouldn't be ashamed to do it. I don't know, it's just different than what Christians preach.
BTW, I agree with much of what you have posted about little children.
Ah. Thanks.
Agree.

Its very likely Xtians, especially modern ones are misinterpreting what Jesus meant. With 2K years of various things piled on top of his few words, its very likely...

They keep seeking to come-up with something fresh, but so far its all stale...especially in light of modernity and what we do know about Human psychology. Which while still not as much as we can and will learn - its way more'n what the Bible writers knew. Way more.

The only lesson I ever saw in this Bible passage is simple. Try and come to something new with less adult prejudice. That's it. End of story. If you can approach something new, or different without all the adult baggage of prejudices and such, and try and see it as it is...you may make a little progress in your spiritual growth. Start a new job without all the crap of the past jobs. Period. Start a new relationship without dragging all the past ones into the new one.

But Xtians can't do that as they have to swallow whole over 2K years of prejudices and silly beliefs. Which is certainly way different than a small child's approach. But even the window of "innocence" for children is narrow, and last a very short time. As soon as they start truly absorbing their parents stuff, they are doomed to be heavily influenced by those prejudices, etc...

Xtians rely on their prejudices to view and filter everything.

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter is the "come like little children" notion is a stupid one. No adult can do that.
It certainly sounds absurd, doesn't it? Almost as much as Jesus telling Nicodemus about being "born again." Impossible.

Or Jesus telling His disciples it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get to heaven. Even His disciples said, "Then who can be saved?" See Matthew 19:16-26

That's why the gospel is - to those who are perishing - nothing but foolishness.

Jesus said alot of silly, incredible things! Like "whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life," and "whoever doesn't hate his own family cannot be My disciple."

In order to understand why Jesus wasn't simply dismissed as a madman instead of worshiped as God, you need to ask those who know Him and who study His Book what He meant by those crazy sayings.

If you only ridicule Him and mock His followers, you'll never get how such crazy nonsense as "you must be born again" or "come as little children" has changed history and so many lives.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly sounds absurd, doesn't it? Almost as much as Jesus telling Nicodemus about being "born again." Impossible.
Or Jesus telling His disciples it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get to heaven. Even His disciples said, "Then who can be saved?" See Matthew 19:16-26
That's why the gospel is - to those who are perishing - nothing but foolishness.
Jesus said alot of silly, incredible things! Like "whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life," and "whoever doesn't hate his own family cannot be My disciple."
In order to understand why Jesus wasn't simply dismissed as a madman instead of worshiped as God, you need to ask those who know Him and who study His Book what He meant by those crazy sayings.
If you only ridicule Him and mock His followers, you'll never get how such crazy nonsense as "you must be born again" or "come as little children" has changed history and so many lives.
GREAT Post!!!
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Another empty threat from another empty cu*t.
Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Unthinking wrote:
Another empty threat from another empty cu*t.
<quoted text>
Threat? Where is the threat in that post? And you think Christians are crazy?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>
Threat? Where is the threat in that post? And you think Christians are crazy?
You had a great post Tiny Timmie. The demons just get scared when the TRUTH is posted.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a great post Tiny Timmie. The demons just get scared when the TRUTH is posted.
Yes, you vile demons sure do get scared when myself and others point out your lies, and the lies of your evil mythology.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Seentheotherside wrote:
I would say that fundies are more like little retards.
So you're making fun of people with a mental handicap and using them to belittle people you don't like? Nettie sure can pick em! So Nettie, I guess you feel thats OK??? The NettieJesus thinks that is OK, rite? As long as you dont claim to be a Christian ofcourse!

;)
purity

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

No wonder they have always murdered children and virgins, and ruined children in sexual ways!

The destruction of purity, the hatred of it, they even find it to be foolish.

Children are used as a metaphor by him. Become humble, pure, loving, and finally smile again, etc.....

They used to burn children alive out there you know, while they had orgies and drumming, probably some blood drinking as well.

And why do you think that there are old stories of the witches hating and stealing children? They hate the pure and simple.

The roman emporer is on record fuqing chucking them off of cliffs for sport, his little boy men would burst into your home with spears and rob your children from you, and then they would march them up to the face of a cliff where the king himself would have them thrown off/or do it himself. I can just imagine that sick fuqing grin on his little face as they went down.

And to this day the screams and moans of children can be heard out there, they are getting it just as hard these days as they did back then. There are probably thousands being beaten right now and quite possibly to death.

We shouldn't talk about the lack of judgement anymore jjj, it is nessecary if anything will change for the better. And i think that we are misconstruing his forgiveness as well, our understanding of what it is and why it is is out of the park somehwere and doesn't make any sense.
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quotedWhat adults like You do is force all sorts of metaphors and such in order to create (make-up) some adult-child model that is to abandon all sense and reason to worship a made-up God.
Adults can not see things like a child. So who cares about yet another of these stupid Bible quotes...!?!?!!!
Man.... what's with the drama lol... I FORCE all sorts of metaphors.... whoa pretty strong statment don't you think...
You have so miss read me
Punisher wrote:
<You do is force all sorts of metaphors and such in order to create (make-up) some adult-child model that is to abandon all sense and reason to worship a made-up God.
!
Are you SERIOUS???? sure you don't want accuse me of being the second gunman that shot Kennedy as well.....smile.

What gods are you referring to? Xstian, Muslim, Hindu, Mother nautre...

I do not believe in any god(s)that I or any other man can conjure up...

Oh I get it... I quoted the bible so I must believe in the biblical god.... man I quote Homer Simpson but guess what... I do know he is a cartoon character... but hey, if Homer states something and it's on the money, I'm quoting him.

Okay rewind..... my use of the quoted scripture was to do with the fact that all these so called fearing moral people on these forums belie the very things they express belief in with their moral judgment and punitve condemnation of each other based on nothing more than personal take on a book that was written in a much more ignorant time but far less educated and knowledgable men in comparison......

SOMETHING LITTLE CHIDREN DO NOT DO... I apologise for the capitals but it would appear that I have been unclear on this point up until now.

Now you can disagree with me by all means... but at least disagree within the context that I have made my statments otherwise we are two people having two completely different discussions.

And please stop with the dramatics because I am not attempting to force anyone into doing anything... not even to read my opinions.

My point was that religions, including and especially the christian religion make moral judgments and condemnations and even pass sentance of eternal punsihments on each other based on nothing more than beliefs....

Little chidren do no such thing....

And even if the 'scripture' is nothing more than an oriental parable used for teaching, the point that was being made is valid.

When it comes to these sought of discussions, not the content but in the manner in which we judge one another we should all become more like little children.... you should try it some time...
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Oh and punisher (??) I really gotta say.... If from my content on this topic you are of the opinion that I believe in a religion or a religious god of any persuasion...

Then I must say that your level of comprehension is either lacking or has been somewhat restricted by an 'anti god' come what may agenda..

I have stated many times that I do not believe that the bible is anything more than a collection of books written by men,

granted, historically accurate in parts, wise beyond its time of writing in some parts...and in other parts it is also racist, preaches genocide and murder, praises one man's willingness to commit human sacrifice

You see punisher why I think I lose you or at least you miss my point...

You see a scripture quoted and immediately jump to the wrong conclusion...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>

Those who know him? All we have are scraps of what those who knew him might have said, and NONE of its original to the sources!

Or do you mean Xtians? Puh-lease...!

His book? Its not Jesus' book, he didnt write it, he didnt even commission it, didn't even instruct his followers to eventually compile one from a random bunch of "letters" and decades old stories circulating and being embellished along the way.

No, I'm not going to rely on the Faith that manifests in such diverse ways that is all based on an ancient system of superstitions. Most especially that a man not only rose from the dead, but raised others from it too! Hogwash!

Come on !

And shall we talk to the millions, perhaps billion of Native peoples around the globe who were murdered for their pagan ways by Xtians!!?! Shall we discuss that impact on so many lives and cultures?

Or are you gonna play the "they weren't real/true Xtians" card on that one?

BTW - he wasnt worshiped as anything like a god till after he left town. When he was killed and entombed. All else is fantasy.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>
It not only sounds absurd - it is absurd. Period.

Using all sorts of creative story telling devices (I will give Jesus the man credit for that much...much like Shakespeare, Homer, etc, etc) in no way makes the claims made about him true. Not even close.

I was "born again" a few dozen times in my life, each time I mastered something I was trying to learn, and expect to be a few more times in my remaining life. Its a story-telling, lesson-giving device, nothing else. Like I said, its creative, but that's all they are - good ways to tell a story and get a point/s across.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

The Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in a Christian home. I am sure I was influened by my parents beliefs and I suppose the only thing that saved me from being just like them was my sinful(to hear the preacher tell it) love of rock music. I just couldn't see how even God could stand gospel music and still can't.
That's great! Totally agree, but I do respect some of the talented singers...usually Black and possessing some serious "soul". But that white-bread gospel cr/p is...well cr/p.

Rock and Roll for ever!'..'
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

purity wrote:
No wonder they have always murdered children and virgins, and ruined children in sexual ways!
The destruction of purity, the hatred of it, they even find it to be foolish.
Children are used as a metaphor by him. Become humble, pure, loving, and finally smile again, etc.....
They used to burn children alive out there you know, while they had orgies and drumming, probably some blood drinking as well.
And why do you think that there are old stories of the witches hating and stealing children? They hate the pure and simple.

The roman emporer is on record fuqing chucking them off of cliffs for sport, his little boy men would burst into your home with spears and rob your children from you, and then they would march them up to the face of a cliff where the king himself would have them thrown off/or do it himself. I can just imagine that sick fuqing grin on his little face as they went down.

And to this day the screams and moans of children can be heard out there, they are getting it just as hard these days as they did back then. There are probably thousands being beaten right now and quite possibly to death.
We shouldn't talk about the lack of judgement anymore jjj, it is nessecary if anything will change for the better. And i think that we are misconstruing his forgiveness as well, our understanding of what it is and why it is is out of the park somehwere and doesn't make any sense.
There are stories of vampires and werewolves too - do you believe those too?

Yeah there have been a lot of despotic and despicable humans - so?
That Emperor (do you even know who youre referring to? I wont tell, but I do know) thought himself a God! Notice the theme? Religion, God, men taking the mantle of godhood...which still goes on today and much more frequently with American Xtians.

Xtians/Xtian-dom is/are as guilty of the same sins against native people all over this planet...shall we dive into that subject?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••