Surry Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

When Jesus said that unless we become like little children we cannot enter the kingdom of heavens.... what did he mean?

Little children are non judgmental. Little children see with a purity that is soon lost when thinking takes over. Once we allow our minds to control us we begin to 'see' things from a removed position.

We label we compare we criticise and we judge.

It would appear to me that religion with its dogmas teaches its adherents to be more judgmental than most.....judging each other based on interpretations of men even to the point of condemning souls to hell .....

A little child would never do such a thing.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

You are really twisting scripture there. You need to clear out whatever sin is in your life that is causing you to go against the Word of God which clearly teaches us to "judge righteous judgment".
http://www.biblebaptistpublications.org/judgi...

The "become like children" verses:
----------
Matthew 18:2-4
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
You are really twisting scripture there. You need to clear out whatever sin is in your life that is causing you to go against the Word of God which clearly teaches us to "judge righteous judgment".
http://www.biblebaptistpublications.org/judgi...
The "become like children" verses:
----------
Matthew 18:2-4
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
You haven't a clue as to what any of that means. You can spout it, but you don't understand it. Poor baby!

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
When Jesus said that unless we become like little children we cannot enter the kingdom of heavens.... what did he mean?
Little children are non judgmental. Little children see with a purity that is soon lost when thinking takes over. Once we allow our minds to control us we begin to 'see' things from a removed position.
It would appear to me that religion with its dogmas teaches its adherents to be more judgmental than most.....judging each other based on interpretations of men even to the point of condemning souls to hell .....
It means you must baptize and be born again to become a christian and holy, so that you may enter heaven. How can you fail to understand this if you have read the whole paragraph?

BORN AGAIN (baptized)
JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
JOH 3: 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

MAT 18: 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
PE1 1: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

ONE BAPTISM NO MORE REMISSION FOR SIN
HEB 10: 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
HEB 10: 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/cgi-bin...

FURTHER TO BAPTISM
if you have read the gospel and claim to be christian though yet you do not know that baptism is required to be reborn, not of the flesh, as you are now, but of
the spirit, then you are a FOOL. It is clearly written. Therefore I do not accept those who refute this as christians: and neither does christ.

JOH 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

a) water: baptism
b) spiritual reborn after this is don, for water cannot born you.
c) reed: of water and of the Spirit
It does not say of the spirit: this is the fornicators excuus to do as they please, filthy harlots!

When you repent it is spiritual, not from the flesh.
When you have baptized you are reborn from water, through the spirit of god.

To be a christian is not a joke. It is one hard job. And all you jokers are walking dead:

LUKEWARM HOT COLD- JESUS SPEAKING TO A CHURCH
REV 3: 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
REV 3: 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/baptism...
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Talking of little children, how's Ashley Flores?

www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian/TF3923...
Cliff09 wrote:
<quoted text>
It means you must baptize and be born again to become a christian and holy, so that you may enter heaven. How can you fail to understand this if you have read the whole paragraph?
BORN AGAIN (baptized)
JOH 3: 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
MAT 18: 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
PE1 1: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
ONE BAPTISM NO MORE REMISSION FOR SIN
HEB 10: 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
HEB 10: 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/cgi-bin...
FURTHER TO BAPTISM
if you have read the gospel and claim to be christian though yet you do not know that baptism is required to be reborn, not of the flesh, as you are now, but of
the spirit, then you are a FOOL. It is clearly written. Therefore I do not accept those who refute this as christians: and neither does christ.
JOH 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
a) water: baptism
b) spiritual reborn after this is don, for water cannot born you.
c) reed: of water and of the Spirit
It does not say of the spirit: this is the fornicators excuus to do as they please, filthy harlots!
When you repent it is spiritual, not from the flesh.
When you have baptized you are reborn from water, through the spirit of god.
To be a christian is not a joke. It is one hard job. And all you jokers are walking dead:
LUKEWARM HOT COLD- JESUS SPEAKING TO A CHURCH
REV 3: 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
REV 3: 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Christian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

A child looks up to adult figures like they are all knowing. They do not know what a lie is, they do not know when adults are being dishonest with them. They take everything they are told and believe it whole-heartedly, without a doubt in their minds. This is the way we are to become with God's Word. Ready to except the Truth like a wide eyed little child, whole-heartedly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

a) accept the whole Gospel without doubt or reject (the gospel is what Jesus teaches).
b) so doing, you humble your self like a little child, rejecting your own interpretation and
accepting what Jesus says are the truth.
c) having so humbled your self, you yet humble your self again and repent and baptize, by this
confessing you are defiled and that you wish to become holy:you then baptize, never again to
consciously sin: deliberately, pre-meditated, undertake actions which christ condemns.

This describes the whole meaning of 'become like little children'.

Jesus to a group of 'so-called' Christians:

----------
- The Gospel is not the way you like to see it: it is the way it is.
- Jesus taught those who follow him only to Preach what he taught them - for they can never Teach you.
Calling The Unbeliever, Confronting The Lukewarm, Exposing The Hypocrite
Do Not Follow Men, Nor Churches! Come to Christ, says God!
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/christi...
- Murder: the unauthorized (by God) killing of a creature
- Killing: the authorized (by God) putting to death of a creature
- Judging: In Christianity, the prohibited 'judging' is to execute a penalty upon another as retribution for their sins.
- CO1 5: 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

It means the writers knew little of human psychology. Children do judge - even without and prior to the influences of adults.

As for what the scripture, its all about being open and in awe of the Big Boys who tell them what and how to act. children and malleable and Preachers, and most especially Zealots love that about children. They love to catch 'em young and mold them to be twisted and judgmental of those deemed outsiders.

All the Religions attempt to grab a hold of their children and bend them to the belief system, even if it means - and it usually does - breaking their spirits and trampling their innocence into the dirt.

Children stand before adults as untainted and vigorous and fearless in their spirit of life...Adults see that as scary to them as its what they lost and wish to take away from others so to not contrast their lack of vigor and fearlessness in life. The child will leap and fall, and do it over and over - till the adult comes by and stops them...only because it disturbs the adults and points to their own lack of leaping ability...

All Religious Zealots, more so than most others, detest the free-will and spirit of children.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Children are malleable...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
- A little child would never do such a thing.

Therefore wannabe christians must become like little children: repent and baptize, so they are innocent and sinless creatures again.
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jesus could have argued complicated dogma with its all its interpretations with the Pharisees...

He could have dissected and dissected dogma again and again....

But by all accounts he preferred simplicity.... he called over not just 'a' child but a 'little' child, one would presume quite young perhaps preschool age, still early in their development and most certainly NON judgmental...

Of course children, even little children make judgments as to actions... will they, won't they are they hungry, thirsty, etc...

But a young child does not make moral or philosophical judgments, not consciously and this is why society does not hold them accountable for their actions...

Most of the interpretations to Jesus' words posted above are more suited to discussion with the Pharisees....

and that is not an insult it is simply what modern religion teaches its adherents to do so as to have a basis for its judgment of one and another.

Born gain, repent, baptism, conversion...

Yeah right... like little children would be meditating on these things...

No he chose little children to demonstrate simplicity, the opposite to hypocrisy in fact the opposite to the very explanations above....
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The posts above remind of the Pharisaic Christian that presumes to understand what
'unconditional 'love' is...

We utter the two words and then proceed to list all the 'conditions' that it works under when in fact unconditional love simply means....

Love without conditions... love without dogma, without judgement.

The man Jesus spoke about turning the other cheek, forgiving our brother 'seventy times seventy, in other words indefinitely

This aspect of non judgment is reiterated by the Paul in Corinthians where he states that love does not keep a record of the wrong.....

If there is no record then there is nothing to forgive, nothing to judge and most certainly nothing to punish.... simply love without conditions.

Learn the truth and it will set you free...

What truth? The truth that there is no truth, at least not in terms of religious dogma of any creed but instead that all things are possible and the universal energy that continues to expand from eternity to eternity.........

Simply put....'JUST IS",

The universal expansion takes place without religious or moral considerations. Don't agree?

Then how else would you explain the notion that two Christian women could be praying to their god to save their sick child and one lives and one dies?

Ask a child why something is what it is and they will tell you the truth, the unadulterated, simple truth..

"Because".

If the man called Jesus truly existed, and I believe that he did if for no other reason than the most significant demarcation of recorded history and our modern era is based on the approximate time of his birth i.e., BCE & CE,

Then he was a philosopher, a physicist a honest man, way ahead of his time and he knew exactly what he was doing when he told his students to become like little children...

The judging of one another that takes place on this forum alone indicates that most of us have issed his point entirely.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

A little child depends on their parents to provide. They don't even think about how the food gets on the table, or how the rent and bills get paid. They rely on a child-like faith that things will be provided.

Henceforth Christians should be relying on our Heavenly Father in that same manner. A REAL Christian is born again into the family of the living God through Christ Jesus, we are the Children of the Creator of the universe and all of things......

Christians need to stop worrying about every single detail and start praising our Heavenly Father........that includes when things are going bad. Praise Him when things are great, praise Him when things are good, praise Him when things are so-so, praise Him when things are bad, praise Him when things are horrible.

Being like a little child means to trust in our Heavenly Father...that He will provide ALL of our needs. He WILL provide all of our needs!!!

God knows the very number of the hairs on our head.......think about that!(Matt 10:29-31)
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

This.......
Romans Road wrote:
A little child depends on their parents to provide. They don't even think about how the food gets on the table, or how the rent and bills get paid.
Contradicts this....
Romans Road wrote:
They rely on a child-like faith that things will be provided.
Henceforth Christians should be relying on our Heavenly Father in that same manner. A REAL Christian is born again into the family of the living God through Christ Jesus, we are the Children of the Creator of the universe and all of things......
Why so? Because faith involves thinking. Heb 11:1 tells us that faith is being assured about things that we hope for but that are not yet beheld...

Faith is a mental constuct of beliefs and expecation...

As you have said... little children do not even think of such things....

Personally I do not believe Jesus even had a religious agenda... I believe he spoke simple truths that were designed to free people of supersticion and religious captivity...

I believe he spoke in somewhat religious terms to accomodate his listeners and even then if reports are factual they still found him to understand....

I believe he died not for our sins but because he cricised the relgious leaders which is to say the political leaders of his day in regard to their hypocrisy and oppression of the people....

He signed his own death warrant the day he stood up in the synagogue and called the pharisees 'snakes and hypocrites'.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
This.......
<quoted text>
Contradicts this....
<quoted text>
Why so? Because faith involves thinking. Heb 11:1 tells us that faith is being assured about things that we hope for but that are not yet beheld...
Faith is a mental constuct of beliefs and expecation...
As you have said... little children do not even think of such things....
Personally I do not believe Jesus even had a religious agenda... I believe he spoke simple truths that were designed to free people of supersticion and religious captivity...
I believe he spoke in somewhat religious terms to accomodate his listeners and even then if reports are factual they still found him to understand....
I believe he died not for our sins but because he cricised the relgious leaders which is to say the political leaders of his day in regard to their hypocrisy and oppression of the people....
He signed his own death warrant the day he stood up in the synagogue and called the pharisees 'snakes and hypocrites'.
You have made some serous points! Kudos!

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Christian wrote:
A child looks up to adult figures like they are all knowing. They do not know what a lie is, they do not know when adults are being dishonest with them. They take everything they are told and believe it whole-heartedly, without a doubt in their minds. This is the way we are to become with God's Word. Ready to except the Truth like a wide eyed little child, whole-heartedly.
Ha, you mean children are easy to brainwash with the Christian FEAR mongering brainwashing system.

But I've had the Spirit of God ever since I was a child, and could read souls, so never looked up to adults, and always knew when someone was lying. Nor did I ever believe anything whole-heartedly, I questioned everything.

nc resident

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I don't believe Christ Jesus meant we should be naive. I believe he wants us to be open minded, able to imagine the possibility of peace.

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Little children are NOT innocent. We are all selfish, self-centered, pleasure-loving little brats. The qualities of little children that God requires are:
A little child implicitly trusts in Another to do what he cannot do for himself.
A child is HUMBLE.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

JJJ wrote:
Jesus could have argued complicated dogma with its all its interpretations with the Pharisees...
He could have dissected and dissected dogma again and again....
But by all accounts he preferred simplicity.... he called over not just 'a' child but a 'little' child, one would presume quite young perhaps preschool age, still early in their development and most certainly NON judgmental...
Of course children, even little children make judgments as to actions... will they, won't they are they hungry, thirsty, etc...
But a young child does not make moral or philosophical judgments, not consciously and this is why society does not hold them accountable for their actions...
Most of the interpretations to Jesus' words posted above are more suited to discussion with the Pharisees....
and that is not an insult it is simply what modern religion teaches its adherents to do so as to have a basis for its judgment of one and another.
Born gain, repent, baptism, conversion...
Yeah right... like little children would be meditating on these things...
No he chose little children to demonstrate simplicity, the opposite to hypocrisy in fact the opposite to the very explanations above....
All studies have shown children even the pre school, really young ones DO judge.

Romantic ideals are no match for reality.

The best hypocrites keep it simple, so to say, "he chose little children to demonstrate simplicity, the opposite to hypocrisy in fact the opposite to the very explanations above." - is just stupid.

You complicate things when you add these Romantic, rose-colored ideas.

Your distaste for complexity should be aimed at Apologists, you know Xtian apologists, Religious Apologists. The old KISS acronym, is not What Religions rely on.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

nc resident wrote:
I don't believe Christ Jesus meant we should be naive. I believe he wants us to be open minded, able to imagine the possibility of peace.
Sure, except that the Religious want that possibility to be as they demand it. Peace comes when everyone conforms to their brand of ideas. or so they say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••