Why Do Atheists Hate Christians So Much?

“Question everything.”

Since: Jan 07

Lookingglass Land

#3620 Nov 18, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I just can't get passed the mere idea that had our anointed Savior meant as the Roman Catholic denomination claims, that the verse would appear like so...
Matthew 16:18
And I say unto thee, That thou are Peter, and upon [thee] I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Am I wrong?
Why not explain what Jesus meant here:

Mark 9 [43] And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[44] Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched...

Sounds like Jesus believed in a sadistic god who tortures people forever which contradicts the idea that his god was loving and merciful, in fact all-loving and all-merciful.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#3621 Nov 18, 2012
Abbey YoYo wrote:

Mark 9 [43] And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Sounds like Jesus believed in a sadistic god who tortures people forever which contradicts the idea that his god was loving and merciful, in fact all-loving and all-merciful.
Is it your typical mode of operation to neglect answering a question only to ask another? It is what it is, I guess.

What our anointed Savior was expressing was the extreme measures we should be willing to take so that we don't nullify our invitation into the coming kingdom of glory. Was he literal, though?

What profit would be in our literally dismembering ourselves of, say, our right hand, or our right eye, when the left would remain? Would this, really and ultimately, halt unrighteous thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech, until the kingdom is wholly established? Of course, not.

On this occasion, there's good reason our anointed Savior referred to a "right hand" and "eye." The "right hand," on this occasion, is symbolic for those unrighteous deeds that we cherish most. The "right eye" is symbolic of our most unrighteous desires. Spiritually speaking, our anointed Savior was expressing how vital it is that we remove these most unrighteous actions and desires from ourselves, by any and all means necessary!

We know that this is symbolic, because of a surety, our anointed Savior is well aware of the fact that any person maimed, or even born "imperfect," on this side of the kingdom will be renewed in the coming kingdom. So, even if a person performed such an extreme sacrifice of self, of a surety, they'll await a full regeneration.

To note, the facts oppose your beliefs, that "Jesus believed in a sadistic god who tortures people forever..." Nothing in the verse you quoted even insinuates torture, or forever. One, it wouldn't be torture, because neither, "God," nor our anointed Savior, instructed anyone to dismember themselves very slowly, over a long period of time. Nor is it written anywhere that those that might dismember any part of their body for reassurance would remain dismembered forever.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3623 Nov 22, 2012
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your pastor think about your calling yourself a Dalai lama? lol
23Nov12.....

.....Oh!!!!

Ps:.....its just a madda of going to confession every weekEnd and be Forgiven.

....Even da 'dalaiLama' goes to confession tooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3624 Nov 22, 2012
David UK wrote:
One word is enough for me. Hypocrisy.
23Nov12.....

.....Not for BobLoblah.

Ps:.....BobLoblah calls ALL wannabeeeAtheists (yourself included)....hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists....

.....All schidt-for-brains. Eeejits.

Dat otta do it tooooooooo.

How didJa like dem adjectives?

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3625 Nov 22, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>23Nov12.....
.....Not for BobLoblah.
Ps:.....BobLoblah calls ALL wannabeeeAtheists (yourself included)....hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists....
.....All schidt-for-brains. Eeejits.
Dat otta do it tooooooooo.
How didJa like dem adjectives?
Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
It sounds like you said it!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3626 Nov 24, 2012
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between literal and hyperbole?
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#3627 Nov 24, 2012
Lisa-Ann wrote:
I've participated in alot of online religious forums over the years, and I'm always encountering hateful atheists. Why is that? If you don't believe in God, that's fine, but why are you guys so angry with people that do?
I'll never understand that.
I was born raised and educated Christian. After a long period of serious questioning and “soul-searching” caused by some unsettling events in my life I became an agnostic. I fully understand the innate human need to believe in something greater than oneself. I have no problem with religious people or religion as defined by pioneer psychologist William James:

"Religion, therefore, as I now ask you arbitrarily to take it, shall mean for us the feelings, acts, and experiences of individual men in their solitude, so far as they apprehend themselves to stand in relation to whatever they may consider the divine."

The key phrase I think is “men in their solitude”. I think it corresponds to the statement attributed to Jesus by Mathew:

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them.…But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door…”

However, history shows that religious people (of most religions) seem to feel a need spread their religious practices and convictions to others and eradicate those practices and convictions that are different from theirs. I don’t trust anyone that wears his/her religion on their sleeve. I think any “true” religious feeling is a very individual and private thing and those with “true” religious feeling can be identified more by their civilized interactions with others rather than their public professions of faith.

“Not all religion is to be found in the church, any more than all knowledge is found in the classroom.”~Author Unknown
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3628 Nov 24, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born raised and educated Christian. After a long period of serious questioning and “soul-searching” caused by some unsettling events in my life I became an agnostic. I fully understand the innate human need to believe in something greater than oneself. I have no problem with religious people or religion as defined by pioneer psychologist William James:
"Religion, therefore, as I now ask you arbitrarily to take it, shall mean for us the feelings, acts, and experiences of individual men in their solitude, so far as they apprehend themselves to stand in relation to whatever they may consider the divine."
The key phrase I think is “men in their solitude”. I think it corresponds to the statement attributed to Jesus by Mathew:
"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them.…But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door…”
However, history shows that religious people (of most religions) seem to feel a need spread their religious practices and convictions to others and eradicate those practices and convictions that are different from theirs. I don’t trust anyone that wears his/her religion on their sleeve. I think any “true” religious feeling is a very individual and private thing and those with “true” religious feeling can be identified more by their civilized interactions with others rather than their public professions of faith.
“Not all religion is to be found in the church, any more than all knowledge is found in the classroom.”~Author Unknown
25Nov12.....

.....BobLoblah has always 'repeatedly' said dat there is NO such thing as an 'atheist'.

.....Agnostic = YES

.....atheist = NO

.....hAtheist = YEs

Ps:....Nothing wrong vit being an 'Agnostic'.

Even Jesus Christ said 'My GOD, My GOD...why hath THOU forsaken Me?'

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#3629 Nov 24, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>25Nov12.....
.....BobLoblah has always 'repeatedly' said dat there is NO such thing as an 'atheist'.
.....Agnostic = YES
.....atheist = NO
.....hAtheist = YEs
Ps:....Nothing wrong vit being an 'Agnostic'.
Even Jesus Christ said 'My GOD, My GOD...why hath THOU forsaken Me?'
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
But tehn waht aobut us who by covinticon can’t ever beileve in some knid of surepme spiriautl bneig; what wuold you call us?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3630 Nov 25, 2012
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
But tehn waht aobut us who by covinticon can’t ever beileve in some knid of surepme spiriautl bneig; what wuold you call us?
_BobLoblah_

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3631 Nov 25, 2012
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? That's what you think? I think Christ spoke in parables. Why would ANYONE take this literally?

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3632 Nov 25, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
This works for me.

Location hidden

#3633 Nov 25, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
_BobLoblah_
Just tyring to comimnucate at the same level ---
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3634 Nov 26, 2012
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
27Nov12.....

.....schidt-for-brains.

Ps:....and den sum.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3635 Nov 26, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
_BobLoblah_
27Nov12.....

Agreed. BobLoblah Rules.

Ps:.....and den sum toooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3636 Nov 26, 2012
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Just tyring to comimnucate at the same level ---
27Nov12.....

..and that hereIN BobLoblah is GOD.

Ps:.....ALL hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists are schidt-for-brains.

BobLoblah Rules.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3637 Nov 26, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>27Nov12.....
Agreed. BobLoblah Rules.
Ps:.....and den sum toooooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I read this.
Forgive me, Lord.

Location hidden

#3638 Nov 26, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>
27Nov12.....
..and that hereIN BobLoblah is GOD.
Ps:.....ALL hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists are schidt-for-brains.
BobLoblah Rules.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
---- A God who loves us dearly, with some exceptions, for reasons unknown to us ---- from Hell to Heaven, so blue ---- and time will tell ---- the facts are there!
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3640 Nov 28, 2012
Anglo saxon 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
You drunk again boy?, ate any missionaries lately?,
29Nov12.....

......Vell, vell, vell...looky vot da damp soil brought out...annudder maggot.

Ps:...Vhy don'tCha slide back down into your basement apartment dat you rent off someOne's outHouse and settle back into yer permanent residence vit yer mommy.

You 'angliSextent' are a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#3644 Nov 30, 2012
anglo saxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby boy, I can smell missionary flesh on your breath, your grandfather will if been making missionary sate back in the day, it was Fijies national dish., when did you last eat long pig ?
01Dec12.....

.....ListenUp 'sangloAxon', BobLoblah can smell you haul da vey ovva here.

When did you first start giving pigs 'rimJobs'!!!

Ps:.....Ven it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 14 min susanblange 149
Ryan Dunn's Dead and Atheisms Failure (Jun '11) 27 min blacklagoon 15
the pauline paradox 2 hr susanblange 93
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 3 hr Rand M Sutor 471
breath of god, and how we come to light. 4 hr Here For Now 8
judgment coming to america 5 hr susanblange 164
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 6 hr Ben Avraham 1,671
More from around the web