Why Do Atheists Hate Christians So Much?

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2778 Mar 26, 2012
Lisa-Ann wrote:
I've participated in alot of online religious forums over the years, and I'm always encountering hateful atheists. Why is that? If you don't believe in God, that's fine, but why are you guys so angry with people that do?
I'll never understand that.
HUM! It is vise-versa: why do socalled 'christians' hate Athist so much???

Why these try to force their ways upon others???

Why they pracrice Gay hatred instead of to judge their own fornicators, thieves and murderers??? Meaning those whom commit these transgressions, though they claim the name 'Christian'.

----------

- The Gospel is not the way you like to see it: it is the way it is.
- Jesus taught those who follow him only to Preach what he taught them - for they can never Teach you.

Calling The Unbeliever, Confronting The Lukewarm, Exposing The Hypocrite
Do Not Follow Men, Nor Churches! Come to Christ, says God!
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/christi...
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/baptism...

- Murder: the unauthorized (by God) killing of a creature
- Killing: the authorized (by God) putting to death of a creature
- Judging: In Christianity, the prohibited 'judging' is to execute a penalty upon another as retribution for their sins.
- CO1 5: 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
No man

Kings Park, NY

#2779 Jul 7, 2012
pictqueen wrote:
IMHO, atheists are stereo-typed as baby killing, satan worshiping, amoral hate mongers. We are none of the above. I think sometimes we are quick to jump to defensive mode because of the attacks on us and condemnation by right wing Christians. We don't believe in deities because of the lack of proof. There is no blind faith witin us. That, however, does not make atheists bad people.
You are free to believe what you want but please, don't try to cram that belief down our throats.
I Don't to be a bother but when you say "blind faith". you may be attacking those who believe in whatever.When too people both are at fault. To kill a man you must first kill his beliefs, His will to live or make it impossible to comeback. Naturally human defend themselves.the reason atheist group are considered angry is because most of the time, they become emotional when challenged.they start using logical false stuff(i'm talking about stuff that would not make sense to anybody) and then they say that they're right.this is what pisses people off.they do this all angry and such

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2780 Jul 7, 2012
I'm a christian and I've met atheist that are nice to me. They're nice as long as I don't preach to them. I've also met mean atheist and mean christians. People are people. Some are mean and some are nice.
LGK

Thornton Heath, UK

#2781 Jul 8, 2012
No man wrote:
<quoted text>
I Don't to be a bother but when you say "blind faith". you may be attacking those who believe in whatever.When too people both are at fault. To kill a man you must first kill his beliefs, His will to live or make it impossible to comeback. Naturally human defend themselves.the reason atheist group are considered angry is because most of the time, they become emotional when challenged.they start using logical false stuff(i'm talking about stuff that would not make sense to anybody) and then they say that they're right.this is what pisses people off.they do this all angry and such
"Blind Faith" is a slogan that gives atheists the illusion that by not believing in God they are clever. The opposite is true.

Knowledge precedes faith. All faith is based on something, you can't have faith in nothing! Blind faith does not exist.
But if the atheist were to acknowledge this it means he's been had. He's believed what cannot exist, so-called "blind faith." He's been duped. Of course he's going to get pissed off whenever such a colossal blunder looks like it might be exposed.

Theism exposes the folly of atheism so must be resisted by any means possible. It can't be resisted intellectually which leaves anger as the next option. If I've had been duped like that, I too would be very mad. That's why many atheists are so vitriolic.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2782 Jul 9, 2012
LGK wrote:
<quoted text>
"Blind Faith" is a slogan that gives atheists the illusion that by not believing in God they are clever. The opposite is true.
Knowledge precedes faith. All faith is based on something, you can't have faith in nothing! Blind faith does not exist.
But if the atheist were to acknowledge this it means he's been had. He's believed what cannot exist, so-called "blind faith." He's been duped. Of course he's going to get pissed off whenever such a colossal blunder looks like it might be exposed.
Theism exposes the folly of atheism so must be resisted by any means possible. It can't be resisted intellectually which leaves anger as the next option. If I've had been duped like that, I too would be very mad. That's why many atheists are so vitriolic.
Why should we feel clever or superior, no it is not at all about that.
When I see what faith have done to some people I feel most of all sorry and sad.
But it is mostly impossible to argue with logics because the emotional defence of belief isn’t tuned in for logics, it resembles in many ways the fight or flight modus that we have inherited from evolution.
Well, you are in a way defending faith, but answer this honestly; is it based on logics or emotions?

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#2783 Aug 3, 2012
LGK wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in your mythology based solely upon faith, as there is not the slightest bit of conclusive proof for any of it. Leaving only blind faith, or more correctly, blind brainwashing.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2784 Aug 3, 2012
LGK wrote:
<quoted text>
Question, How do you feel about the belief people have in God's other then the Christian God? Is their faith in these other god blind faith?

I do agree with you that all faith is based on something.I believe that something is fear of the unknown. Why did the volcano blow it top and kill my family.Hmmm, the gods must be angry.Case solved, God is mad at homosexuals.

“To Believe is To Obey”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2785 Aug 31, 2012
It is true, that some chrstians are hateful. And some atheists are hateful. But true believers need not be surprised. For if the world hated Christ, who is perfect, why shouldn't the world likewise hate christians, who are imperfect believers in that which is perfect?
Remember the words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

John 15:18-19

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2786 Sep 1, 2012
comment wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that often it is hard to tell the believers and nonbelievers apart in this forum. Disrespect seems contagious.
I would like to hear, from you, what you consider the dividing line where Christians go from stating their beliefs, to being abusive in their comments.
Considering that Christ and the disciples were never able to "spread the gospel" without incurring the wrath of
nonbelievers, or those who believed differently, the line seems
blurred to me, but you are at the age, where there are fewer "grey" areas in life, so I'd like your opinion.
Also, assuming that Christians would refrain from crossing the line you believe appropriate, how should a believer respond to
what would then, by your definition be an unprovoked attack on their beliefs?
Promising (me) hell for my disbelief deserves all the disrespect I can muster.

Location hidden

#2787 Sep 1, 2012
lightbeamriser wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words go ahead and have your faith, just shut up about it. Sounds like censorship. Me thinks you are assuming the worst about church goers. Also there is a whiff of superiority in your judgement. If the church is full of hypocrites there is always room for one more and it takes a small person to hide behind a hypocrite.
look to thyself, child

Location hidden

#2788 Sep 1, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement carries no more weight than your opinion. Who died and left u boss? If i as Christian oppose gay marriage in my state based on Christian convictions,(for example) i have every right whether u like it or not and i will as long as things remain as they are. Christian principals came into practice long before i came along. There were state churches etc. but that has changed.
If you mean i can force you to go to my church through law then perhaps you are paranoid. Why are you so threatened by this?
when you act to create Law based upon the filthy christian bible, the war is on.

welcome to your nightmare

atheists (rational skeptics) are more intelligent than believers, they comprise more than 18% of the population, and almost all of the intelligentsia, they are now effectively the majority.

Location hidden

#2791 Sep 1, 2012
Alejandro wrote:
oh, and btw, we don't "force" our beliefs anymore. unless you live during the inquisition, no one has been forced to believe a certain way (as far as Christianity goes) in a long time.
ahh, yes

the unchanging moral system

christianity.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2792 Sep 1, 2012
Whether or not a atheist believes in God or not, they will still be judged by God. No more promises of hell and fire. All they need to know is that they will be judged.

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#2793 Sep 1, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
Whether or not a atheist believes in God or not, they will still be judged by God. No more promises of hell and fire. All they need to know is that they will be judged.
This is from the perspective of your world-view. From the perspective of my world-view (naturalistic) there is nothing supernatural. AFAIAC death is the end for us. It's a perfectly natural process which happens when our bodies become too old / sick / damaged to sustain life. The Christian concepts of 'sin','judgement', etc are just a way to control existing / recruit new followers.

Location hidden

#2794 Sep 1, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from the perspective of your world-view. From the perspective of my world-view (naturalistic) there is nothing supernatural. AFAIAC death is the end for us. It's a perfectly natural process which happens when our bodies become too old / sick / damaged to sustain life. The Christian concepts of 'sin','judgement', etc are just a way to control existing / recruit new followers.
If you are right though, that would mean there really was no point in life at all.

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#2795 Sep 1, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right though, that would mean there really was no point in life at all.
Do you really believe this? Really? If you do I think you are an extremely sad person. AFAIAC the whole point of life is life itself.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2796 Sep 1, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I found an article related to this subject. Here are some tidbits from it:
God is quite aware of that need in man. It was for that very reason that an omniscient God in eternity past designed all of life in neat, twenty-four hour packages, each with a starting place and each with a stopping place. He knew that was all His children could handle. They could handle one day’s work at a time; one day’s worries at a time; one day’s joys at a time; one day’s pressures at a time; and one day’s responsibilities at a time.
He gave our souls the capacity to plan, to pursue, and to perceive life... One day at a time.
It is important that we grasp that. Too many today, as in days gone by, are patenting God. They are wrapping Him in a package that man can handle and defining His nature by the package they’ve designed.
God isn’t wrappable.
His nature cannot be limited by any of man’s religious formulas.
We are not mini-gods assigned to planet earth to pull the right strings and say the right words and thus overpower the God of Heaven, forcing Him into submission.

IMO, God wishes all to live their life to the best of their ability, help others, help our planet, make a difference, big or small.

If God is love, and love covers a multitude of sins, and anyone lives their life in what they hope is the best they can do or try to do, that alone tells me that God is pleased with the efforts of anyone, anywhere.
God planted seeds of Truth in all the world's faiths, and in the soul of each and every human being.
If a Buddhist secretly places food on the steps of a needy family/person; God sees this; God smiles; God is pleased.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#2797 Sep 1, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard other Christians, mostly the fundamentalist kind, come out with this kind of nonsense before. I haven't got enough time to tell you just how much life has real meaning and purpose for me, but let me assure you that it has and even now in my later years I am finding things that make life worthwhile. If you say that there is no point to life because someone doesn't believe in the supernatural like you, then all I can say to you is get a life. Have you ever thought how arrogant it sounds believing that there are billions of people on this planet leading pointless lives? How could you possibly know that?

Location hidden

#2798 Sep 2, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe this? Really? If you do I think you are an extremely sad person. AFAIAC the whole point of life is life itself.
No, I don't believe that, that is why I believe in the creator God.

Location hidden

#2799 Sep 2, 2012
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard other Christians, mostly the fundamentalist kind, come out with this kind of nonsense before. I haven't got enough time to tell you just how much life has real meaning and purpose for me, but let me assure you that it has and even now in my later years I am finding things that make life worthwhile. If you say that there is no point to life because someone doesn't believe in the supernatural like you, then all I can say to you is get a life. Have you ever thought how arrogant it sounds believing that there are billions of people on this planet leading pointless lives? How could you possibly know that?
To me, what you just said is like yourself saying there is no god.
Without a creator God, life would be very pointless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intelligent People Question Everything 4 min blacklagoon 853
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 12 min Allen Richards 1,298
Why did Christ come to Earth? 26 min Big Al 670
False beliefs: 26 min Barmsweb 127
Bible Interpretation 30 min PrinceofDarkness 1,564
Just A Talk With You Christians. 34 min PrinceofDarkness 461
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security (Sep '15) 57 min PrinceofDarkness 4,811
More from around the web