What do you like most about Christmas

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Hope

Waynesville, MO

#1 Dec 5, 2009
I love the peace and joy of this season. It is difficult for me to name one thing other than the blessing of a family who love and cherish each other. Merry Christmas all!!
Adam

Gateshead, UK

#2 Dec 5, 2009
Christmas Carols. Merry Christmas!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 5, 2009
Spending time with family. Mostly I like when it is over.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 5, 2009
Being with the family.
Singing carols by candlelight at the local 14th century church.
Being able to give gifts.
Watching the dog unwrapping her presents.(so funny)
Listening to the children sing Away in a manger.
Listening to the Sally army band playing on the street corner.
and so much more.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2009
My sister died a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving. Since then my entire family has been depressed, cranky and intolerable at the holidays. I enjoy spending time with myself, cherishing the memories of my sister and when it is all over.

Last Christmas was perfect as the wife and kids went to NY and I stayed home with a new puppy.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#6 Dec 5, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
My sister died a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving. Since then my entire family has been depressed, cranky and intolerable at the holidays. I enjoy spending time with myself, cherishing the memories of my sister and when it is all over.
Last Christmas was perfect as the wife and kids went to NY and I stayed home with a new puppy.
Thats rather sad.
These times of year do tend to bring back memories of times past.
I'm sure it will get easier for you all as the years pass.At least I hope it does.
resident

Edison, NJ

#7 Dec 5, 2009
Both my parents passed away in the month of December so Christmas is bittersweet for me. I enjoy the cookie baking and Christmas music, but not the shopping. I only buy for the children, adults are too difficult to please. I also enjoy a nice glass of wine(or two) and some dark chocolate.This year my granddaughter will be in the Christmas pageant and I am looking forward to that.
Hope

Waynesville, MO

#8 Dec 5, 2009
N2shotokai and resident, it is very difficult when you loose love ones near a holiday. You are both in my prayers and may the peace only He can give be with you.
Thinking

Newcastle, UK

#9 Dec 5, 2009
xmas is great because it upsets muslims.
Noel the Puppy Dog

Covington, LA

#10 Dec 6, 2009
The love and common goodness that man chooses to ignore all year long is so strong at Christmas time, if you allow it to come through. We are reminded, once again, of what is really at the core of all of this, if we only allow it.
Christmas is the summation of what we should be to each other all year long, not just during the season.

It's also a good time to snuggle on the couch beside the fireplace with Mommy human!
loveismygoal

London, UK

#11 Dec 7, 2009
Boxing day..the day after Christmas,lounging about in my new jammies,watching movies ,eating chocolates and left over turkey , chilling with a glass of wine and breathing a sigh of relief that the mania is now over .

“Just another face”

Since: May 08

in the cloud

#12 Dec 7, 2009
The Hope -that we have for one another, for ourselves and that He brings.
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Dec 7, 2009
The food.

No really, it's everything. The whole atmosphere.

I especially like Christmas hymns, but unfortunately the "Christmas music" channnel is stuck on Perry Como and Bing Crosby.

I want the original Holly and the Ivy.Mormon Tabernacle Choir stuff. The best Christmas music was all written before 1900, IMHO.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#14 Dec 7, 2009
Noel the Puppy Dog wrote:
The love and common goodness that man chooses to ignore all year long is so strong at Christmas time, if you allow it to come through. We are reminded, once again, of what is really at the core of all of this, if we only allow it.
Christmas is the summation of what we should be to each other all year long, not just during the season.
It's also a good time to snuggle on the couch beside the fireplace with Mommy human!
Edited for correctness:

"The love and common goodness that CHRISTIANS choose to ignore all year long is so strong at Christmas time, if you allow it to come through. We are reminded, once again, of what is really at the core of all of this, if we only allow it.
Christmas is the summation of what CHRISTIANS should be to each other all year long, not just during the season."

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#15 Dec 7, 2009
loveismygoal wrote:
Boxing day..the day after Christmas,lounging about in my new jammies,watching movies ,eating chocolates and left over turkey , chilling with a glass of wine and breathing a sigh of relief that the mania is now over .
Hi loveismygoal, how are you doing?

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Bristol, UK

#16 Dec 7, 2009
What do I like most about christmas?

The sickly sweet sentimentality.
Drunken office parties.
Hot sex on top of a hard drive stack in the mainframe room.
Hot sex in the office broom / store / stationery cupboard.
Hot sex on the managing director's desk / in their chair / both of these.
Couples having sex in the corner of your living room during a party.
Binge drinking.
People vomiting / urinating / defecating in the gutter.
The same adverts playing the same nauseating christmas music in every commercial break since October.
Seasonal musak.
Supermarket assistants dressed up as elves/ reindeer / father christmas / etc.
People wearing 'santa' hats.
Nauseatingly cute primary school children singing hymns in the local shopping precinct (with or without fancy dress of any kind).
Restricted home delivery times with Tesco online shopping.
Adverts for furniture / double glazing / etc which say IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS.
Out of tune carol singers.
In tune carol singers.
Any salvation army 'gig' but especially when they are playing INSIDE the store I am shopping at.
The fact christmas resembles the Christian Brothers in that it's shoved down your throat whether you like it or not.
loveismygoal

Barrhead, UK

#17 Dec 7, 2009
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi loveismygoal, how are you doing?
Hi Seen ,I seem to be in the desert at the moment,everything is dry and stagnant just now and I seem to be going backwards instead of forwards also ashamed to say I am smoking again,,,how are you?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 7, 2009
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Seen ,I seem to be in the desert at the moment,everything is dry and stagnant just now and I seem to be going backwards instead of forwards also ashamed to say I am smoking again,,,how are you?
Don't be ashamed, smoking is the hardest habit IMO to beat.
Just try again!
Merry Christmas!

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#19 Dec 7, 2009
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Seen ,I seem to be in the desert at the moment,everything is dry and stagnant just now and I seem to be going backwards instead of forwards also ashamed to say I am smoking again,,,how are you?
Hey Liz, good to see you.
I assume you mean a spiritual desert for it sure aint dry in the UK lately. Rain rain and more rain.
I'm sure that things will spark up again for you. We all go throguh dry spells from time to time.
I guess I know what your new years resolution will be then. Chin up my scottish sister.

“so tell me......”

Location hidden

#20 Dec 7, 2009
Roland_Deschain wrote:
What do I like most about christmas?
The sickly sweet sentimentality.
Drunken office parties.
Hot sex on top of a hard drive stack in the mainframe room.
Hot sex in the office broom / store / stationery cupboard.
Hot sex on the managing director's desk / in their chair / both of these.
Couples having sex in the corner of your living room during a party.
Binge drinking.
People vomiting / urinating / defecating in the gutter.
The same adverts playing the same nauseating christmas music in every commercial break since October.
Seasonal musak.
Supermarket assistants dressed up as elves/ reindeer / father christmas / etc.
People wearing 'santa' hats.
Nauseatingly cute primary school children singing hymns in the local shopping precinct (with or without fancy dress of any kind).
Restricted home delivery times with Tesco online shopping.
Adverts for furniture / double glazing / etc which say IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS.
Out of tune carol singers.
In tune carol singers.
Any salvation army 'gig' but especially when they are playing INSIDE the store I am shopping at.
The fact christmas resembles the Christian Brothers in that it's shoved down your throat whether you like it or not.
Oh my giddy aunt!!
You make me feel so grateful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 17 min truth 1,696
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 37 min truth 1,030
The truth is difficult, I understand. 1 hr Scientist 66
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 1 hr Scientist 2,468
the pauline paradox 2 hr Barmsweb 106
Faith during hard times 10 hr Scientist 114
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 10 hr Frindly 1,686
More from around the web