hell sucks

United States

#16225 Jul 3, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my sweet friend!!
I only stop in each day long enough to care for critters, get ice, water the plants, and whatever else needs done. It is to be 100 at least through the rest of the week. Can't remember the last day it was under 95 or at night under 75. Fireworks are banned as is burning. I am keeping busy and cool donating my time by watering parts of the park around fire rings and where tents have left their mark along with the young trees that need water desperately. I can stay cool and help out the undermanned park which I love. Wish they could afford to hire me, as there is plenty needs done there every day.
With the 2 kiddie pools I recently acquired and put in my camp, the dog can chill too. God provides. Until that plan went into action this past weekend there were days I don't know how I survived, and parts of me are still paying the price.
Yeh, don't even get me going about how Gov. spends our money. Now they think they can force everyone to have health ins. or fine them. Gonna fine the street people?? If some of us could afford it, we'd have it. When I was working 60 hours a week I couldn't afford it at my age with my known health conditions.
If I don't get back here, I want to wish you an enjoyable Independence Day. God Bless you and yours my dear, and I'll never forget your message a few months ago. You have a HUGE heart to care about others as you do.
This all BS from CB

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#16226 Jul 3, 2012
hell sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
This all BS from CB
It took you 13 minutes to respond to my first post in nearly 24 hours as you hide behind your usual stalking troll gray box. You've got NOBODY fooled, but you are one, and the lowest kind. Why don't you get a life and stay out of mine, since you are totally clueless as you always have been defective dicktective.~FLUSH~

Careful you don't catch a cold as your soul is ice.

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#16229 Jul 3, 2012
___MrsMurphy___ wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry about what those idiots post. They are the trolls around here and on a bad day cannot out do you..
Hey m'lady!! Staying cool?? In the pool?? Fireworks and burning banned here and surrounding states. You'd never know tomorrow was a holiday. I think most that could planned on making a long weekend from Wed.~Sun. but due to the predicted 100+ weather ahead with no clouds or rain yet plenty of humidity, I think most plans are being curtailed. Sad that. One of my fave holidays!!

Oh, and thanks for the kind words!!

;o~

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#16233 Jul 3, 2012
___MrsMurphy___ wrote:
<quoted text>Alot of communities are not doing the fireworks. I go to Lorain, they set them off over the lake. I will not go this year, I will be alone with the grandson and I cannot drive at night. We will stay home and enjoy the pool and he likes to ride. We just had a really hard rain , it got dark as night. Lasted about 20 minutes. Now it's more humid.
Actually, we've held one of the largest displays around in our ball field since before I was born. We also have the county fair. Don't know if it will be held or not. It is put on by our Chamber of Commerce but the firemen actually do the event. There are activities beginning in the morning. I usually don't go down but sit on a roof somewhere to watch. They also do an annual firework display at our lake even though the signs clearly state fireworks are prohibited each and every day and year there. Wouldn't be wise with the tall dry brown grass and trees throughout the park.

Sounds like you can make a fun event of the holiday anyway. My friends moved their camper trailer over to my side of the lake after our little fiasco with the stranger in my car and the law. I lost $40. on that deal, which is HUGE. Just a bunch of druggies and drunks on that side, and hardly anyone will camp there anymore. I'm back to the side and spot I started at 4 years ago after putting up with all that crap all night for years.

That's what the few showers we get do. Just jack~up the humidity further without helping the ground much at all. Our last one was a few days ago, and it was "isolated", LOL. The lightening was amazing too.

Enjoy the full moon tonite, it was great last nite too. I'm headed out shortly, may your holiday week be a great one!! xoxoxo

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16236 Jul 3, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
The baby birds around here are just starting to learn how to fly. I saw a baby Robbin yesterday and some baby Purple Finches fluttering around with it's mother. Cannot wait for the baby Barn Swallows to start flying, they really put on a show trying out their abilities.
Years ago, I left the house and got in the car to go pick my children up from school, and when I got into the car and started to turn the car on, it was then that I notice the cutest ever little Blue Jay perched on my wiper. He wasn't moving so I got out and went inside and called the Audubon Society and was told to try to coax the little thing either under or into a nearby bush as its parents would continue feeding it until it could fly.
so, I got that done, and, here come the parents!
They scooted that little bird all the way across the street and into the woods there.
I could see that the parents would look after it till it could fly. The little thing could get off the ground a little bit but was not actually flying just yet.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#16237 Jul 3, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my sweet friend!!
I only stop in each day long enough to care for critters, get ice, water the plants, and whatever else needs done. It is to be 100 at least through the rest of the week. Can't remember the last day it was under 95 or at night under 75. Fireworks are banned as is burning. I am keeping busy and cool donating my time by watering parts of the park around fire rings and where tents have left their mark along with the young trees that need water desperately. I can stay cool and help out the undermanned park which I love. Wish they could afford to hire me, as there is plenty needs done there every day.
With the 2 kiddie pools I recently acquired and put in my camp, the dog can chill too. God provides. Until that plan went into action this past weekend there were days I don't know how I survived, and parts of me are still paying the price.
Yeh, don't even get me going about how Gov. spends our money. Now they think they can force everyone to have health ins. or fine them. Gonna fine the street people?? If some of us could afford it, we'd have it. When I was working 60 hours a week I couldn't afford it at my age with my known health conditions.
If I don't get back here, I want to wish you an enjoyable Independence Day. God Bless you and yours my dear, and I'll never forget your message a few months ago. You have a HUGE heart to care about others as you do.
Greetings dearest.

Oh, this terrible heat...
It's so hot I'm looking forward to snow!
They’re saying it’s going to be in the high 90’s here through Saturday! So now there’s a great possibility of power outages in the city, like there already are in far western and northern suburbs. Ugh!

You wrote:“When I was working 60 hours a week I couldn't afford it at my age with my known health conditions.”
I hadn’t been to a doctor in 20 years (couldn’t afford it) until the County hired me and I got free full-coverage health insurance benefits. So of course, I took advantage of that and went in for a comprehensive physical evaluation,… only to be promptly diagnosed with Lupus!
But alas, the unlimited medical access didn’t last long - 3 years later an on-the job injury disabled me - soon after that I was forced to accept a low-ball final settlement offer and my insurance benefits were terminated.

You wrote:“...there were days I don't know how I survived, and parts of me are still paying the price.”
Well, for what it’s worth, I commend you! I think you’re dealing with the extreme difficulty of your present circumstances remarkably well; and you sound pretty wonderful, too - like you’re in, and surrounded by, very good spirits!

You wrote:“…I'll never forget your message…”
And don’t forget either, you can take me up on what I said in that message anytime; the offer will always be open as long as I live and breathe.
Till next time we speak, then... Love and God Bless.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#16238 Jul 3, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Years ago, I left the house and got in the car to go pick my children up from school, and when I got into the car and started to turn the car on, it was then that I notice the cutest ever little Blue Jay perched on my wiper. He wasn't moving so I got out and went inside and called the Audubon Society and was told to try to coax the little thing either under or into a nearby bush as its parents would continue feeding it until it could fly.
so, I got that done, and, here come the parents!
They scooted that little bird all the way across the street and into the woods there.
I could see that the parents would look after it till it could fly. The little thing could get off the ground a little bit but was not actually flying just yet.
Hi Nettie,

Sounds like you were lucky. Those things can get very aggressive if they feel their nest is in danger. They are fairly common in Ohio and I was attacked more than once.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#16239 Jul 3, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
The baby birds around here are just starting to learn how to fly. I saw a baby Robbin yesterday and some baby Purple Finches fluttering around with it's mother. Cannot wait for the baby Barn Swallows to start flying, they really put on a show trying out their abilities.
It's been dry as a bone here for many weeks. I keep a cookie sheet full of water on top of the swamp cooler to serve the dual purpose of keeping the Sun off the cooler and giving the birds some water. It seems to be working in both capacities. The down side is bird poo on the swamp cooler.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#16240 Jul 3, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nettie,
Sounds like you were lucky. Those things can get very aggressive if they feel their nest is in danger. They are fairly common in Ohio and I was attacked more than once.
That could well be!
I guess maybe the parents were concentrating more on getting their little one to a safe place.
Blue Jays are not my favorite bird, but that little guy was surely cute.

“Carol”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#16246 Jul 3, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is how a Christian posts!
Such hypocrites.
Are you concerned an worried about my post?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#16247 Jul 3, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool!
Isn't it great how such encounters with nature leaves one with such good lasting memories? You remembered it after all these years.
Oh, yes, exactly!

Chicago, IL

#16252 Jul 3, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
<quoted text>
Between the heat and dryness everyone is having in other parts of the country, makes me glad to live in CT. Even if it does suck because of how expensive it is. At least it only gets hot for about 3 months out of the year. And it's not as bad/hot as more southern states. Plus, unless this climate change effects the rain also, it only rarely gets droughts. Like once every 15 to 20 years at worst. But nothing that has even killed the trees or been a great fire hazard.
The fire hazard is only in the spring and fall when there are no leaves on the trees. As the tree leaves keep the dead leaves on the ground moist so they cannot burn even if you put a match to them. And even during the fire "season", the fires can usually be contained in just a few hours or less. Because all that there is to burn is the leaves and maybe some dead trees. Which doesn't put up that much heat. I used to work on a forest fire crew and could put out several hundred feet with just an Indian Tank. And once while out walking at night, came across where someone set a fire and put it all out using just a sapling I cut, by just sweeping the burning leaves back into the already burned area. I did all several hundred feet of it in maybe a half hour or so. Not at all like the entire forest burning down like with the big fires you hear about.
Why don't you just call it the bird poo cooler?
Bird-poo Igloo!

Chicago, IL

#16253 Jul 3, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez...
That's a shame one's immune system turns upon one's own body. That's what happened to my old dog, although it was called something different. And an older friend of mine has something similar, but don't remember if they ever mentioned the name for it. But he's in his upper 80s, so he gave it a good fight until lately. So I try to help them out as much as possible. I started scraping and painting his house, until this hot weather hit. And help them out with other hard chores. It took him a while to accept that he could no longer do such things, and he kept messing up his back trying. But he's now coming to terms with it and seems to welcome my help.
But even with insurance, I don't know if there's much that can be done about it. At least there was nothing I could do to to even slow it's progression in my dog. Other than giving him some expensive joint supplements, using a sling to help hold his back legs up so he could walk outside and get some exercise every day, and helping him be as comfortable as possible.
Have you searched the Internet for things you can do about it?
Lupus is the oddest disease - it’s like a different disease in every person who has it. It’s totally unpredictable - it flares-up without rhyme or reason; these flare-ups are called crises, and no two are the same.
I’d never even heard of Lupus until I was diagnosed with it. But as I’d always been very healthy, quickly recovering on the rare occasions I’d been sick, it was only after being rushed to the ER and it nearly killing me twice that I began to take Lupus seriously. My problem was, I’d be almost to the point of no return, and it wouldn’t seem to me I was THAT sick!
Since then though, I’ve gone from worse to better.
I don’t know why, but the older I get, the less Lupus has been afflicting me. And I haven‘t had medical supervision in years, not that there’s that much they could do if I did.
Nowadays, I just stay out of sunlight and avoid stress, as either one could trigger a major crisis. That, and keep my fingers crossed!
X - kiss for puppy.

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#16254 Jul 4, 2012
-Seen-Is-Awesome- wrote:
<quoted text>
It hasn't gotten that hot up here yet, but still hotter than normal for CT. With the daily temperatures bouncing around between the mid 80s to 90s. But for the most part cools down into the 60s at night. So I can get my outside projects done at night. I also put a big fan up to the window at night to blast the cool air in to help lower the heat absorbed into the building. And have an air conditioner for inside my shop during the day. So I really don't know how you can take such heat, I couldn't.
If I had to deal with such high temperatures as you're having, I would just do most of my outside choirs at night. Well, I already do a lot of work outside at night when it's too hot during the day. I actually like to work outside at night. To hear the bullfrogs from the nearby pond, or owls in the woods, the occasional coyote howling, taking breaks to watch the fireflies, moon, or stars. Or sometimes getting colorful moths attracted to the lights. My favorite is the Luna Moth. But haven't seen even one yet this year.:(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actias_luna
For a while there was this Fisher Cat that used to go by my shop when I was working outside at night. It was aware of my presence, but didn't seem to be overly concerned as it ambled by.
http://fishercatscreech.com/fisher-cat-pictur...
Our nights haven't offered much relief until early morning. At 10:00 last night it was still over 90. The coyotes are thick in these parts and surround the lake living in the woods. Even had one come to our camp earlier this year, which is quite unusual and somewhat unsettling. For whatever reason, I've seen {or heard} few frogs at this lake. My favorite night activity is enjoying my bonfires and of course, the sky. I receive much enjoyment from the simple things such as nature. The numerous birds and varieties, including various ducks and geese and other water birds are incredibly enjoyable to hear and watch. My puppy loves them, and the terns play with her.

When I was a kid, our family spent most summer nights in the back yard. We had gardens, many shade trees, and flowers, so the moths and butterflies were everywhere. We had Luna moths, hummingbird moths, and loads of monarch butterflies.

We don't have fisher cats here, only bobcats and cougars. We have red foxes and badgers also. I never tire of the wonders of nature. Glad you enjoy it too!!

Oh, and about AC, never liked it. It makes adjusting to the heat difficult and often makes me sick since I have generally worked and played outside. I'm not a homebody in the least. Fans are nice, air movement is the key to not overheating. We're to have a cool~down next week of at least 10°. Until then, the heat is on ....

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#16256 Jul 4, 2012
___MrsMurphy___ wrote:
I never cared for the heat, even as a child. I find myself lucky to have air conditioning. Especially after ending up with asthma. I was out for an hour this morning and had to come in. We are on our way to 98 degrees today. I hate to see what the humidity and dew points are. The grandson does want to swim, so I have to strap on a pair and face the heat.
My grandchildren want to go swimming in the city pool, I told all of my grandchildren they are not going there. We got a indoor pool right here they can swim right here. In our house they do as we tell them rather they like it or not, there Mother/Dad feel the same way. Its to hot out side people need to understand that...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#16257 Jul 4, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> My grandchildren want to go swimming in the city pool, I told all of my grandchildren they are not going there. We got a indoor pool right here they can swim right here. In our house they do as we tell them rather they like it or not, there Mother/Dad feel the same way. Its to hot out side people need to understand that...
That's nice, dear.

I have an indoor Cathedral AND a University too.
And a restaurant.

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#16258 Jul 4, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>That's nice, dear.
I have an indoor Cathedral AND a University too.
And a restaurant.
Tinker toys?? Could I get a degree from your University??

I never really cared for indoor pools. The chlorine smell and strange acoustics were not pleasant. The YMCA usually has them. Where I went to take my SCUBA lessons before my check~out dive at Circle Sink.

I'm getting quite attached to my kiddie pool at camp. It takes little water and I can immerse myself, then dump the pool out on the baby Maple tree to water it. I can also sit it in the sun and it's like being at the beach, and now my puppy gets in with me to refresh herself. When we wish to swim we go to the lake. Xena was in over her head dog~paddling yesterday. It was SO cute, after she finally took her front paws off my shoulders, LMBO!!

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#16272 Jul 6, 2012
Ms. Nettie. Why don't you whip this up, it makes 100 shots. It sounds intriguing. Give Native 10 shots on me. I think she will make much more sense then. LOLOLOL

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#16273 Jul 6, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
Ms. Nettie. Why don't you whip this up, it makes 100 shots. It sounds intriguing. Give Native 10 shots on me. I think she will make much more sense then. LOLOLOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_UCzf9M_fy8XX
lol

very interesting recipe!

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#16274 Jul 6, 2012
Anybody else feeling the heat??

It's so hot...

All the corn on the stalks started popping and flying through the air. The cows thought it was snowing. And they froze to death.

It's so hot, I saw squirrels fanning their nuts.

The potatoes cook underground and all you have to do to have lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs.

the cows are giving evaporated milk.

the trees are whistlin' for the dogs.

Satan decided to take the day off.

Even the sun was looking for some shade!

the birds had to pick up the worms with potholders.

I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walkin'..

that Dennis Rodman went out without a bra!

The chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs..

Two trees fighting over a dog....

the workers at the chicken place were jumping in the fry vat just to cool off

I saw a fire hydrant begging a dog to pee on it

Calista Flockhart of "Ally McBeal" was spotted eating some ice cream. And she almost ate a second spoonful.

Dennis Rodman, the colorful basketball player, was spotted wearing a bikini. And some people are already wondering if he's cute enough to appear in Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue, proving that they've all
been out in the sun too long.

Scientists recently detected beads of sweat on the Statue of Liberty. But they're still searching for signs of life on Al Gore.

Campbell Soup Co. has changed the directions on its cans to, "Just pour and eat."

Water in public swimming pools is evaporating so fast that children are being encouraged to swim in the deep end and keep ignoring the, "no peeing" rule.

It's no wonder that some states are imposing drastic restrictions on water use. Among them:

New Jersey:
No bathing or showering more than once a month. Bathing in the ocean or in pairs is encouraged.

Michigan:
American cars must not be washed more than once a week. Washing Japanese cars is strictly prohibited. German cars may be driven into the lake.

New York:
No drinking more than four glasses of water a day. Beer may be consumed at will.

Minnesota:
Anyone who wastes water will be asked to wrestle the governor.

Pennsylvania:
Private swimming pools must not be filled or topped off. The governor's pool is exempt.

Texas:
Illegal aliens are not allowed to drink American water. They must bring their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Jew nor Greek in Christ... 4 min QUITTNER Sep 17 2014 5
Islam is a LIE 51 min Cisco Kid 50
The Social Harm of Religion 1 hr Cisco Kid 27
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr 2all 973
I Am A = PROPHET = OF = THE = GOD MOST HIGH (May '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 102
Evolution or Devolution. 1 hr Cisco Kid 21
Joel Osteen is one of only a few upon the earth... 1 hr Cisco Kid 32
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 1 hr Peaches1943 280
The Prophet of Jesus Christ 4 hr Jake999 17
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 6 hr Sundog512 1,413