Comments
24,341 - 24,360 of 27,301 Comments Last updated Jun 30, 2014

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#30504 Feb 18, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure is! I missed that.
My dog got me good today. During our morning hike he was checking something out, so I started down a steep hill. Then I heard him coming like a freight train, as he loves to run full speed down that hill. So I moved off the packed trail to get out of his way, and the next thing I knew, I was flying, then tumbling dawn the hill a bit. It wouldn't have been so bad as the snow saved me from hitting any rocks, but the fall bent a stiff and sore knee I've been having problems with. That was the only time in my life I yelled in complete agony. Damn, that HURT! REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HURT! But fortunately, much to my surprise, after a while I was able to get up and it only hurt a tolerable amount and was able to walk home. And could limp around during the day without much problem. Guess I better not go ahead of him down that hill again though. May not be so lucky next time.
I, too, am glad you didn't hurt that knee again. Hopefully, the same will be true today.

That being said, I LOVE that puppy of yours. Your description allowed me to see a puppy dog outside in the height of happiness.

Anderson, IN

#30505 Feb 18, 2013
Morning Nettie and the Pit Stop Crew.

I hope all have a great day today. I get to babysit my granddaughter which means a LOT of exercise, smiles and giggles, as she has one of the BEST imaginations.....

HAve a great day all.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#30506 Feb 18, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure is! I missed that.
My dog got me good today. During our morning hike he was checking something out, so I started down a steep hill. Then I heard him coming like a freight train, as he loves to run full speed down that hill. So I moved off the packed trail to get out of his way, and the next thing I knew, I was flying, then tumbling dawn the hill a bit. It wouldn't have been so bad as the snow saved me from hitting any rocks, but the fall bent a stiff and sore knee I've been having problems with. That was the only time in my life I yelled in complete agony. Damn, that HURT! REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HURT! But fortunately, much to my surprise, after a while I was able to get up and it only hurt a tolerable amount and was able to walk home. And could limp around during the day without much problem. Guess I better not go ahead of him down that hill again though. May not be so lucky next time.
That's interesting. I messed up my knee thirty-five years ago in a skiing accident and sometimes it swells up like a cantaloupe. I haven't skied since. The only time I remember yelling in complete agony was when Milagro go run over.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#30507 Feb 18, 2013
Did anyone notice that Dr Demented's post seem to have vanished, again?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#30508 Feb 18, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Did anyone notice that Dr Demented's post seem to have vanished, again?
Yuppers! shore enough.. gone in sixty seconds.// anther sock bites the dust, and.. another one bites the dust..

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#30509 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Yuppers! shore enough.. gone in sixty seconds.// anther sock bites the dust, and.. another one bites the dust..
In a sick way I do so enjoy it.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#30510 Feb 18, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>In a sick way I do so enjoy it.
karma is a witch with a 'b'!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#30511 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>karma is a witch with a 'b'!
Karma done bit his butt

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#30513 Feb 18, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>In a sick way I do so enjoy it.
lol it's the highlight of your day, everyday! Sad!!!G

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#30514 Feb 18, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>lol it's the highlight of your day, everyday! Sad!!!G
Yawn..........

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#30515 Feb 18, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>lol it's the highlight of your day, everyday! Sad!!!G
Who's a good hillbliiy. Go brush your tooth

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#30516 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Yuppers! shore enough.. gone in sixty seconds.// anther sock bites the dust, and.. another one bites the dust..
I think he's singing his own farewell song, LOL!

;*:*;

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#30517 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. I am thankful you did not really injure that knee and were not able to get up and get back home.
I remember reading some time ago that, to let your dog know you are the 'leader' is to always be in front and he/they follow.
But, on that hill, yes! I would let him take the lead for a while!
Yea, I thought about what if he broke my leg, then I'd have really been in a bad situation.

I can see the logic in that, but I've always let all my dogs be out in front when out hiking without any dominance issues. And it works better for me to keep track of them. I just wait for them to check out or chase whatever they wanted to check out or chase. But if they were made to follow me, I would not always know if they went to check something out or ran after some critter. So I would keep walking and leave them behind and would not know where they were.

I've read a few articles on this alleged need to be the "Alpha" to one's dog, but I've never had a problem with that. I've always gotten along fine with just treating them with respect and fairness, and in return they are more willing to get along with me and do the few things I ask of them. They're smart enough to know that they've got it made and I'm the key to it all.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#30518 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>lol
I am not much for hot sauce.
And, the peanut butter might stick it to the roof of your mouth.
Ouch.
See, and if it was soaked in hot sauce, you would be in "Hell"!!!

That was an amusing turn of the conversation just the same.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#30519 Feb 18, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that can't be. Ithought SOME time would be spent in make-up. Really? Is that him in drag? How so utterly sad. He really needs to try a new profession. No WONDER he has all this time to spare and is on topix 24/7.
That was harsh, he spent all morning trying to look "pretty" for that picture. So you cannot imagine how bad he looked before that.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#30520 Feb 18, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I thought about what if he broke my leg, then I'd have really been in a bad situation.
I can see the logic in that, but I've always let all my dogs be out in front when out hiking without any dominance issues. And it works better for me to keep track of them. I just wait for them to check out or chase whatever they wanted to check out or chase. But if they were made to follow me, I would not always know if they went to check something out or ran after some critter. So I would keep walking and leave them behind and would not know where they were.
I've read a few articles on this alleged need to be the "Alpha" to one's dog, but I've never had a problem with that. I've always gotten along fine with just treating them with respect and fairness, and in return they are more willing to get along with me and do the few things I ask of them. They're smart enough to know that they've got it made and I'm the key to it all.
Except for one, all my dogs have always 'been in front' simply because I could not keep up with them. lol
My first dog was a mixed breed, Poodle/traveling salesman, and he didn't look like a poodle at all. He was the shy type who lived under my bed and, if I took him somewhere, he tried to stay between my legs or on my feet for protection by me.
He was a smaller dog than my last one and present one and he lived to be 18 years old. I still miss him. He went into every room I went into in the house, day and night.

But, yes! I would hope you never fall and break a bone out on a walk with your dog, especially at nighttime.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#30521 Feb 18, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You also like them upfront because you can step in the dog crap twice. You always leave out the details!!!

Anderson, IN

#30522 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Except for one, all my dogs have always 'been in front' simply because I could not keep up with them. lol
My first dog was a mixed breed, Poodle/traveling salesman, and he didn't look like a poodle at all. He was the shy type who lived under my bed and, if I took him somewhere, he tried to stay between my legs or on my feet for protection by me.
He was a smaller dog than my last one and present one and he lived to be 18 years old. I still miss him. He went into every room I went into in the house, day and night.
But, yes! I would hope you never fall and break a bone out on a walk with your dog, especially at nighttime.
They so attach like a baby to a mom, don't they? I love dogs.

Anderson, IN

#30523 Feb 18, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too. Sides, I think sometimes with low self-esteems need to "lead". Just glad it all worked out and lesson learned, huh? The young ones are FAST!!! LOL!!

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#30524 Feb 18, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, am glad you didn't hurt that knee again. Hopefully, the same will be true today.
That being said, I LOVE that puppy of yours. Your description allowed me to see a puppy dog outside in the height of happiness.
That is my goal with any of the dogs I've had the pleasure of being the guardian of, to give them the best life I can give them. It's a spiritual thing with me.

Since God gave me a second chance by returning me to life after I "died" when just a child, I decided some time ago, that out of the millions of dogs put to death every year, to give at least a few a second chance at life. For having being shown the importance and sacredness of all life in God's plan for all souls, it's my way of repaying the gift of life he returned to me. And to not only save the lives of a few dogs, but give them a rich full lifetime of contentment, joy, and adventure. At least as best I can anyway.

So he does seem, as one of my friends puts it, as a happy go lucky dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
++++ WHY ATHEISTS ARE ON a CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++ (Dec '13) 15 min Mr Ironhart 62
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 1 hr dollarsbill 298
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 3 hr dollarsbill 2,092
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 3 hr dollarsbill 135
New Nightmares: ISIS Crossing Border; Sleeper C... 3 hr The truth works 2
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 4 hr Hell-Sucks 464
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 hr Hell-Sucks 13,736
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••