Nettie's Pit Stop

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#29859 Feb 9, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Who is 'gummy bears'?
GodSmacked.
she/he claimed to want to be one in a recent 'debate'.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#29860 Feb 9, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017... . God loves you this much!
Don't you realize that God loves all who are made in His image and this includes all mankind, since all have a soul/spirit, which is our connection to Him?
MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

#29861 Feb 9, 2013
Time to leave again, the idiots from W.Va. are back, and I tell you it's hard to stomach such stupidity and ignorance

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#29862 Feb 9, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering how you're doing. We have about three feet of snow, but at least we still have power.
Well, I'm on top of an 800 ft hill, so the snow gets blown around a lot, but there's at least 2 ft of snow. This is the most snow my "puppy" has ever seen, so doesn't quite know how to cope with it. I tried making it a bit easier on him by going in front of him with snowshoes, which turned out as bad as I expected. Because with fresh powdery snow, it's slow going as you still sink down about 10 inches. And every dog I've tried snowshoeing with, insists on walking onto the back of the snowshoes.@#%$#&!!! Which means I have to go at a slow deliberate pace, or end up going face first into the snow, and constant yelling at him to get off the snowshoes so I can move. So after he did his business, I gave up. Shortly, I'm going to try using the bigger snowshoes to pack it down along the trail into the woods, leaving the dog in the shop. And bring him out AFTER I'm done clearing the way.

I hope you don't have too much shoveling to do. If so, just take it easy.

I'm glad to hear you still have power. It's pretty miserable without it. I was surprised to hear that so many lost power.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#29863 Feb 9, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm on top of an 800 ft hill, so the snow gets blown around a lot, but there's at least 2 ft of snow. This is the most snow my "puppy" has ever seen, so doesn't quite know how to cope with it. I tried making it a bit easier on him by going in front of him with snowshoes, which turned out as bad as I expected. Because with fresh powdery snow, it's slow going as you still sink down about 10 inches. And every dog I've tried snowshoeing with, insists on walking onto the back of the snowshoes.@#%$#&!!! Which means I have to go at a slow deliberate pace, or end up going face first into the snow, and constant yelling at him to get off the snowshoes so I can move. So after he did his business, I gave up. Shortly, I'm going to try using the bigger snowshoes to pack it down along the trail into the woods, leaving the dog in the shop. And bring him out AFTER I'm done clearing the way.
I'm glad to hear you still have power. It's pretty miserable without it. I was surprised to hear that so many lost power.
Oh wow, another dog crap story. You have a very exciting life seen!

lol

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#29864 Feb 9, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
Time to leave again, the idiots from W.Va. are back, and I tell you it's hard to stomach such stupidity and ignorance
And ever since that joke was made, "one" of them keeps drinking all the milk!!!
i am me

Anderson, IN

#29865 Feb 9, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Dogs are very smart companions. And they know how to do the least to get in the snow. I'll bet he gets the hang of it yet this year. That's a lot of snow. I could not imagine living at the top of a mountain. That must be something.
i am me

Anderson, IN

#29866 Feb 9, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
It's true. Their stupidity really shines. But then I look at it this way. I'll NEVER stand in the way of them REALLY wanting to make such an arse of themselves. Less posted to, the more frustrated, vulgar and reportable they get....;)

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#29867 Feb 9, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering how you're doing. We have about three feet of snow, but at least we still have power.
Glad to know you are doing ok and fairing through the storm!

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#29868 Feb 9, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow, another dog crap story. You have a very exciting life seen!
lol
HG, please keep in mind that Star has many short comings due to his brain damage due to lack of oxygen when he died. We must, all, take this into consideration when dealing with Seen's posts however it is no excuse and very important to point it out ever time it is noticed. Your input here is greatly appreciated Dear.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#29869 Feb 9, 2013
i am me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Dogs are very smart companions. And they know how to do the least to get in the snow. I'll bet he gets the hang of it yet this year. That's a lot of snow. I could not imagine living at the top of a mountain. That must be something.
It must be something to live on top of a mountain! Seeing down through the valley would be awesome!!!

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#29870 Feb 9, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much, Seen. I would love to join a group but am not sure I would have time to do so. I really do look forward to moving across country at my own pace. I truly hope for some great times to be had.
Thanks for the link, too. I am scouting out bikes. Not sure what I will end up with yet, but I do believe 10 speeds are all I could handle.
But you missed the point. I said until you get familiar with what's involved, going with such groups are helpful. As with anything there's a learning curve. And at least with such groups, you have a safety net. Be it the people you are with, or the sag wagon for emergencies. Because take it from someone who has spent a lifetime exploring mostly on my own, bad things can happen, and being prepared goes a long way in limiting such things from being total disasters.

Yes, such adventures are mostly fun. But you need to learn how to change tires, make tire patches stick, fix your bike, know what to bring without bringing too much, etc. All of which takes experience. Even selecting the gear to use takes time. I ended up buying three panniers before I found one that meets my needs. So I appreciated the sag wagon that helped save the trip by transporting the extra gear, because of my inexperience.

I'm just advising against going off for several hundred miles before you know all of the above, and have some experience behind you. As things can get pretty grim fast in situations like getting a flat just before dark, and you're in densely populated area unable to camp anywhere, and you have no tools to change a tire, let alone know how to fix the flat, or some such similar situation. Leaving you walking around in a place you should not be after dark. Whereas, with experience, you could take off and fix the flat in about 20 minutes, and peddle your way out of there to where you can set up camp for the night. Whew!

I just want you to think this thru. You are out there 100 or more miles from home, and there's JUST YOU and your bike. And if you don't have the proper clothing, gear, tools, know how to fix everything, etc, you are soooo screwed.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#29871 Feb 9, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
LMAO.. they ARE from W.VA!
Hillbilly stupid!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#29872 Feb 9, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
HG, please keep in mind that Star has many short comings due to his brain damage due to lack of oxygen when he died. We must, all, take this into consideration when dealing with Seen's posts however it is no excuse and very important to point it out ever time it is noticed. Your input here is greatly appreciated Dear.
gummy bear huh? LMAO!
i am me

Anderson, IN

#29873 Feb 9, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
But you missed the point. I said until you get familiar with what's involved, going with such groups are helpful. As with anything there's a learning curve. And at least with such groups, you have a safety net. Be it the people you are with, or the sag wagon for emergencies. Because take it from someone who has spent a lifetime exploring mostly on my own, bad things can happen, and being prepared goes a long way in limiting such things from being total disasters.
Yes, such adventures are mostly fun. But you need to learn how to change tires, make tire patches stick, fix your bike, know what to bring without bringing too much, etc. All of which takes experience. Even selecting the gear to use takes time. I ended up buying three panniers before I found one that meets my needs. So I appreciated the sag wagon that helped save the trip by transporting the extra gear, because of my inexperience.
I'm just advising against going off for several hundred miles before you know all of the above, and have some experience behind you. As things can get pretty grim fast in situations like getting a flat just before dark, and you're in densely populated area unable to camp anywhere, and you have no tools to change a tire, let alone know how to fix the flat, or some such similar situation. Leaving you walking around in a place you should not be after dark. Whereas, with experience, you could take off and fix the flat in about 20 minutes, and peddle your way out of there to where you can set up camp for the night. Whew!
I just want you to think this thru. You are out there 100 or more miles from home, and there's JUST YOU and your bike. And if you don't have the proper clothing, gear, tools, know how to fix everything, etc, you are soooo screwed.
Hey, Seen...it's me Cookie. GS did his usual whine to the mods.

I know what you are saying. The guy at the bike shop has a club I'll go with in the spring and then I plan on going on a two or three trips to towns and camping over night. My son-in-law says he is going to teach me how to change and repair tires and my "trailer". I call it a bugger, as children can ride in it. He wants to go with me to get camping gear as he's a lifelong camper. And he wants me to camp in his backyard, too, so I can get a feel for putting it up and taking it down with ease. The more people I talk with, the more information I get and their combined information says do it a LOT before you leave. Thanks. I appreciate your input into it, too.

BTW, I'm looking at a girl hybrid Trek on Wednesday.
i am me

Anderson, IN

#29874 Feb 9, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be something to live on top of a mountain! Seeing down through the valley would be awesome!!!
I think so, too, IAS. It's Cookie. GS had my account banned as he couldn't handle his own with me in the There are a lotta nuts on here.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#29875 Feb 9, 2013
i am me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so, too, IAS. It's Cookie. GS had my account banned as he couldn't handle his own with me in the There are a lotta nuts on here.
That's just wrong! That is one reason why I don't post much to that poster cause some don't like what is said but support what other do behind the seen.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#29876 Feb 9, 2013
i am me wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my email!
i am me

Anderson, IN

#29877 Feb 9, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my email!
I do...and I plan on sending you one tomorrow...I have been preparing for my grandson to visit tomorrow.
i am me

Anderson, IN

#29878 Feb 9, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just wrong! That is one reason why I don't post much to that poster cause some don't like what is said but support what other do behind the seen.
Yeah, he's best ignored. He trolls and then whines. SSDD. I won't post to him nor his kind at all anymore. He's best left alone to die on the vine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 6,336
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 2 hr paganbirdkeeper666 1,529
Does the Law of God matter? 3 hr dollarsbill 56
NoahÂ’s ark and the rainbow. 3 hr dollarsbill 133
James chapter 2 destroys faith without works be... 6 hr End Times 17
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) 7 hr dollarsbill 130
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 7 hr dollarsbill 3,853
More from around the web