Nettie's Pit Stop

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#29230 Jan 17, 2013
nc resident wrote:
got a hankerin for a piece of pie and a cup of tea, all I found was a stale doughnut and six dirty glasses. oh...and a smelly man passed out in the hallway
What kind of pie would you like?
:)
Ole Nettie can round some up and a cup of tea also!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29231 Jan 17, 2013
We went from the mid to upper 70s a few days ago to snow and sleet in northern AL.
Who'd a thunk?

Around 43 all day here with 34 low tonight.
And a wind advisory.
And, my dog wants me to go outside and play.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#29232 Jan 17, 2013
nc resident wrote:
got a hankerin for a piece of pie and a cup of tea, all I found was a stale doughnut and six dirty glasses. oh...and a smelly man passed out in the hallway
That could be HG, GS, or even Nepiepoo, haven't seen either of them lately. Did he smell like booze, pee, and vomit, or dead?

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#29234 Jan 17, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be HG, GS, or even Nepiepoo, haven't seen either of them lately. Did he smell like booze, pee, and vomit, or dead?
LOL!!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29235 Jan 17, 2013
15th,
I have not seen your postings in a couple of days, so I
hope you are doing okay.
You are missed.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#29236 Jan 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
15th,
I have not seen your postings in a couple of days, so I
hope you are doing okay.
You are missed.
Hi Nettie :)
Haven't spoken to you in a bit, how are you going with all this? I admire your strength and courage to stand up for yourself, keep it up, stuff 'em!
<3

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29237 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nettie :)
Haven't spoken to you in a bit, how are you going with all this? I admire your strength and courage to stand up for yourself, keep it up, stuff 'em!
<3
Thank you!
There are many posters here who stand up for themselves and their beliefs, and many here that I have learned so much from since I came to these threads.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#29238 Jan 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>:)
Thank you!
There are many posters here who stand up for themselves and their beliefs, and many here that I have learned so much from since I came to these threads.
Peace to you and yours.
Those guys are truly crazy. I often feel sorry for them, but they have no ability to look within and do some examining. I still find it very strange. They are like high school bullies but are too old for me to feel too sorry for 'em.

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29239 Jan 17, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace to you and yours.
Those guys are truly crazy. I often feel sorry for them, but they have no ability to look within and do some examining. I still find it very strange. They are like high school bullies but are too old for me to feel too sorry for 'em.
here's a nice little story i like to use for what they do. when i was a very young kid we were taking a train to the east coast. we were in the dining car and my mom told me i had to eat the beets they served. my mom loved beets so she thought i should too. i didn't like the smell or looks of them. she told me i had to eat them as the meal was costly. i said no, but she forced them into me anyway. not long after i puked them all over her and me with purple/red permanent stains. needless to say it accomplished nothing positive. to this day i can hardly keep from hurling if i even look at beets.

it's kinda like that with what some are doing here with God's Word. they are force-feeding it instead of offering it as a choice, and it accomplishes nothing positive. many that aren't interested now are puking up the nasty way they force it on others through their judgmental condemnation. and after that they may never again wish to look upon it with being sickened.

sad that. really, a child can even figure out that simple philosophy.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29240 Jan 17, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace to you and yours.
And peace to you also!
I call it brainwashing, and I even still have a couple of older relatives like 'them'.

They just refuse to go beyond where they feel 'safe' or less afraid.

Growing and seeking other ways of looking at things other than what you have been conditioned to accept can sometimes be frightening, unless you have tried it a couple of times and find out that, yes, you not only survive but have improved yourself a little bit.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#29241 Jan 17, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
here's a nice little story i like to use for what they do. when i was a very young kid we were taking a train to the east coast. we were in the dining car and my mom told me i had to eat the beets they served. my mom loved beets so she thought i should too. i didn't like the smell or looks of them. she told me i had to eat them as the meal was costly. i said no, but she forced them into me anyway. not long after i puked them all over her and me with purple/red permanent stains. needless to say it accomplished nothing positive. to this day i can hardly keep from hurling if i even look at beets.
it's kinda like that with what some are doing here with God's Word. they are force-feeding it instead of offering it as a choice, and it accomplishes nothing positive. many that aren't interested now are puking up the nasty way they force it on others through their judgmental condemnation. and after that they may never again wish to look upon it with being sickened.
sad that. really, a child can even figure out that simple philosophy.
Yum Yum! I LOVE beets! gimme yours ok?
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#29242 Jan 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of pie would you like?
Ole Nettie can round some up and a cup of tea also!
never met a pie I didn't like so whatever you have I am sure to enjoy. Thank you
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#29243 Jan 17, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
smelled like the dead rat under the porch

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29244 Jan 17, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Yum Yum! I LOVE beets! gimme yours ok?
i'm sorry dear. we didn't save them. that was over 50 years ago. or did you mean something else? rotflmbo

;*:*;

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29245 Jan 17, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
never met a pie I didn't like so whatever you have I am sure to enjoy. Thank you
Sorry, I am late.
Apple Pie coming right up.
With a cup of tea!

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29246 Jan 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I am late.
Apple Pie coming right up.
With a cup of tea!
no, no. you DRINK the apple pie. hehe. although that might be tasty with a slice of apple pie too. that sounds good. i've gotta get to sleep somehow one of these nites.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29247 Jan 17, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
no, no. you DRINK the apple pie. hehe. although that might be tasty with a slice of apple pie too. that sounds good. i've gotta get to sleep somehow one of these nites.
My sleep pattern is completely messed up, has been for a month now.
Makes it hard to get much done during the day too.
That bulldozer out there digging up the street this morning did not help any either. lol

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#29248 Jan 17, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
you talking bout apple pie shine? Ooh la la! love that stuff!

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29249 Jan 17, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>you talking bout apple pie shine? Ooh la la! love that stuff!
mine is good. it is the only medicine i take for pain and to try to sleep. if i had real shine it would be better, but i use 190 everclear to add to the cooled mixture i make in the crockpot.

i use apple juice, apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon bark, and lots of other cool spices and extracts such as whole cloves, whole allspice, and vanilla, almond extract, etc. i let it all cook slowly in the crockpot to release the flavors, cool it, add the alcohol and bottle it. sometimes i add a little cake vodka to it too.

a shot or two an hour or so before bedtime helps me get to sleep much more frequently then pain pills which i don't take. since my accident with the dog, nothing has allowed me to find a position to sleep in. the dog seems to be recovering faster then me, which is good.

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29250 Jan 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>My sleep pattern is completely messed up, has been for a month now.
Makes it hard to get much done during the day too.
That bulldozer out there digging up the street this morning did not help any either. lol
i understand about sleep patterns. it does take and adjusting period. mine is mostly a pain pattern. although resting is beneficial, we need the rem sleep to function well throughout the day.

no bulldozers here but the neighborhood is full of caged and chained outdoor dogs that bark all friggin nite. it's quite hard to get used to. i won't keep pets in that manner. i wouldn't wish to be kept that way either. that's why they bark and yip. can't blame the dogs, just the owners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 1 hr Ede 37
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 3 hr Bruce Shafer 2,558
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 hr Maverick 808 21,202
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 5 hr Blacklagoon 35
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 6 hr Hamilton Square 79
Predestination, All Things are Determined by God 6 hr Hamilton Square 90
The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings 6 hr Hamilton Square 13
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 7 hr Cats paw 118
What laws and teachings fall under the new cove... (Sep '15) 8 hr Cats paw 107
Early Christianity 8 hr Cats paw 1,577