Nettie's Pit Stop

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#29091 Jan 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks you should run and hide, change your phone number and leave no forwarding one......they may want something........lol!!!
Well, if I have to run and hide, it's the Bahamas, definitely.
Best hideout I can come up with.
This is one of my brothers, and suddenly he seems to think I am old and senile or something.
Truth is, I could teach him a thing or two.
lol

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#29092 Jan 11, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Question.........
Did any of you ever meet up with a long lost relative at a funeral, one you have not seen in years, and now they want to be your best buddy and call you all the time and try to 'help' you make decisions?
If so, how did you handle it?
My likely choice is to run away to the Bahamas again, but I can't do that just now.
Seriously though, it sounds like s/he is just trying to gain your confidence to get something out of you, like your $$$. Probably trying to work their way up into becoming exectiour of estate. Don't trust him/her for a moment. They are up to something.

Just tell him/her that you do not need their help.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#29093 Jan 11, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if I have to run and hide, it's the Bahamas, definitely.
Best hideout I can come up with.
This is one of my brothers, and suddenly he seems to think I am old and senile or something.
Truth is, I could teach him a thing or two.
lol
Maybe he thinks your mother left him something extra but put you in charge of it until later.....I bet you could.......lol!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29094 Jan 11, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously though, it sounds like s/he is just trying to gain your confidence to get something out of you, like your $$$. Probably trying to work their way up into becoming exectiour of estate. Don't trust him/her for a moment. They are up to something.
Just tell him/her that you do not need their help.
$$ topic has come up, yes.
And, the sad thing is, my mother really had no 'estate'.
She didn't own anything at all.
Some of her furniture from her old apt. is still in storage though.
And, she just had enough for her funeral in insurance with a small amount left over, which I will use to purchase her marker for her grave.
The things, to me, that are precious and not replaceable are things like keepsakes, family photos, etc.

I just had always hoped that, when a time in life like this came my way, that 'family issues' would not happen.
I have already talked it over with TOC too.
I just want to avoid it, I suppose.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29095 Jan 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he thinks your mother left him something extra but put you in charge of it until later.....I bet you could.......lol!!!
Well, my mother had one of my other brothers as the beneficiary of her insurance, so, although my daughter and I took care of all funeral arrangements and mother lived with me for the few years of the end of her life, my brother was the one who got the actual $$.
BUT, this brother sent me what was left over and said 'get mother's marker and do whatever you think is best with the rest', which isn't that much.

I shouldn't even be bringing this subject up, yet, many, many people go through some sort of hardship because of relatives after a parent, etc., passes away.
People are different with different reasons for their behaviors, I know.

I just didn't want to be one of those folks who had to deal with something like this.

I'll keep you posted, NorCal!
:)

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#29096 Jan 11, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>$$ topic has come up, yes.
And, the sad thing is, my mother really had no 'estate'.
She didn't own anything at all.
Some of her furniture from her old apt. is still in storage though.
And, she just had enough for her funeral in insurance with a small amount left over, which I will use to purchase her marker for her grave.
The things, to me, that are precious and not replaceable are things like keepsakes, family photos, etc.
I just had always hoped that, when a time in life like this came my way, that 'family issues' would not happen.
I have already talked it over with TOC too.
I just want to avoid it, I suppose.
Hi Nettiebelle,

I prayed for you mom yesterday. Well, actually I read some prayers for the deceased, difuntos en Español, in a little flyer that's been floating around the pews with you mom in mind. We pray collectively every day for the collective souls of the departed but haven't prayed specifically for your mom since she passed away.

Keep the faith.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#29097 Jan 11, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Question.........
Did any of you ever meet up with a long lost relative at a funeral, one you have not seen in years, and now they want to be your best buddy and call you all the time and try to 'help' you make decisions?
My likely choice is to run away to the Bahamas again, but I can't do that just now.
Ask them for money....LOTS of money...that keeps relatives away.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29098 Jan 11, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nettiebelle,
I prayed for you mom yesterday. Well, actually I read some prayers for the deceased, difuntos en Español, in a little flyer that's been floating around the pews with you mom in mind. We pray collectively every day for the collective souls of the departed but haven't prayed specifically for your mom since she passed away.
Keep the faith.
Thank you for your prayers, 15th.
xoxo

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#29099 Jan 11, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask them for money....LOTS of money...that keeps relatives away.
Now you tell me. Thanks for nothing. All these years I've been getting rid of people by lending them money.

You are one smart cookie.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#29101 Jan 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Question.........
Hi Nettie :)
I've never been in that situation so don't know but if it was some of my relatives I'd probably just listen and chat until I worked out if something was wrong or if they needed anything.
On another note, the Bahamas sounds pretty good :D
Peace <3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#29102 Jan 12, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
Hey nettie.. hopefully got a new customer..
Has jay stocked the fridge?
Hello Troth :D I'll have a coffe please, 2 sugars and milk, or is it cream? You're all probably asleep right now so I'll write something pretty for you to read in the morning ;)

<quoted text>
Morning has Broken

Morning has broken
Like the first morning,
Blackbird has spoken
Like the first bird.
Praise for the singing!
Praise for the morning!
Praise for them, springing
Fresh from the Word!

Sweet the rain's new fall
Sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall
On the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness
Of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness
Where his feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight!
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light
Eden saw play!
Praise with elation,
Praise every morning,
God's recreation
Of the new day!

Eleanor Farjeon, 1881-1965
Peace <3

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#29103 Jan 12, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you tell me. Thanks for nothing. All these years I've been getting rid of people by lending them money.
You are one smart cookie.
ROFLMAO!!!!

Good one.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#29104 Jan 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Troth :D I'll have a coffe please, 2 sugars and milk, or is it cream? You're all probably asleep right now so I'll write something pretty for you to read in the morning ;)
<quoted text>
Morning has Broken
Morning has broken
Like the first morning,
Blackbird has spoken
Like the first bird.
Praise for the singing!
Praise for the morning!
Praise for them, springing
Fresh from the Word!
Sweet the rain's new fall
Sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall
On the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness
Of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness
Where his feet pass.
Mine is the sunlight!
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light
Eden saw play!
Praise with elation,
Praise every morning,
God's recreation
Of the new day!
Eleanor Farjeon, 1881-1965
Peace <3
A Cat Stevens tune:

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#29105 Jan 12, 2013
Good Morning Nettie and the Pit Stop Crew'

Hope you wake up to sunshine and the smell of coffee. Hope your Saturday goes well.

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29107 Jan 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your prayers, 15th.
xoxo
hi my friend! got a new avatar so i'll resume with this.

i picked up a little something on the way back from the Park Hdq last evening and been cooking it in the crockpot since i havent eaten since this nitemare began thu afternoon. some chicken hearts and gizzards cooked so tender in ginger dark beer, beef broth, onion soup, mushroons, potapoes, and some veggies. since Xena is seemingly dying and wont eat I gave her and doogie the whole pot of it warmed a liottle bit ago. i got them both to eat. xena cant walk at all and probly cant chew dogfood with her mouth being torn up from the trap. Hope its enough to save her life. they ate it all the whole thing. i'm sol now, oh well, i wasnt hungry anyway. othr than eating that she hasnt moved.

since a bone in my right wrist is broken and in a splint i can only type with my left and it is so sore i can hardly stand that. so sorry for the mistakes. please pray for xena, she is my child. doogie is hearbtroken too. shes my baby.

xoxoxo

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29109 Jan 12, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
hi my friend! got a new avatar so i'll resume with this.
i picked up a little something on the way back from the Park Hdq last evening and been cooking it in the crockpot since i havent eaten since this nitemare began thu afternoon. some chicken hearts and gizzards cooked so tender in ginger dark beer, beef broth, onion soup, mushroons, potapoes, and some veggies. since Xena is seemingly dying and wont eat I gave her and doogie the whole pot of it warmed a liottle bit ago. i got them both to eat. xena cant walk at all and probly cant chew dogfood with her mouth being torn up from the trap. Hope its enough to save her life. they ate it all the whole thing. i'm sol now, oh well, i wasnt hungry anyway. othr than eating that she hasnt moved.
since a bone in my right wrist is broken and in a splint i can only type with my left and it is so sore i can hardly stand that. so sorry for the mistakes. please pray for xena, she is my child. doogie is hearbtroken too. shes my baby.
xoxoxo
I understand completely, HS.
You and your pets are in my thoughts and prayers.
xoxo

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#29110 Jan 13, 2013
Good Morning Nettie and the Pit Stop Crew.

Morning Hell Sucks. Hope you slept well last night.

Hope everyone has a great day. 15, looking forward to hearing about the padre's sermon.

Going to slow down a bit today..and relax. We're supposed to have rain, freezing rain, most of the day...oh, goody.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#29111 Jan 13, 2013
Late Good Morning to All,
It is going to be very warm here with near record breaking temps of 77. YES!!

Have a great day, all.

BTW, who put salt in the sugar bowl?

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#29112 Jan 13, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Late Good Morning to All,
It is going to be very warm here with near record breaking temps of 77. YES!!
Have a great day, all.
BTW, who put salt in the sugar bowl?
sure, add insult to injury. it was 9° when i got up and is all the way up to 13°.

salt? i think that's for the margaritas.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#29113 Jan 13, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, add insult to injury. it was 9° when i got up and is all the way up to 13°.
salt? i think that's for the margaritas.
hehe we've been breaking heat records here all week in the mid 80's!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) Sat Joey 48
Dating Morals Fri DeDominicis 16
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) Apr 17 pelham2micci 526
doggy style Apr 17 DeDominicis 3
What Does the Word Say Apr 16 arrow 3
In What Epoch or Era Apr 16 Joey 2
Atheism destroyed with one question (Jan '14) Apr 16 Joey 52