Nettie's Pit Stop

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#28303 Dec 9, 2012
Good morning Nettie! You are in our thoughts today.

Good morning friends of the pit stop.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#28304 Dec 9, 2012
Mother is still with us.
The will to live is so strong.
She is aware and knows who comes in to visit and talk to her.
xoxo

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#28305 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
Mother is still with us.
xoxo
Glad to hear that.......please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hugs:-)

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#28306 Dec 9, 2012
Thinking of you and yours Nettie. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you care for others around you.

God bless you and yours.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#28307 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
Mother is still with us.
xoxo
That's good news, Nettie.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#28308 Dec 9, 2012
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the ones that you don't count as friends? Do you tell them to go buy gifts for you? LOL Just teasing ya a little. I respect the fact that you tell them not to buy anything for you, however what would you do if someone would just want to send a card to you? Everyone need to know they are thought of and once in a while it's nice to be told so with a card.
I know what you're saying, I'm so loveable that people have an overwhelming urge to give me gifts to show their appreciation of my love-ability.

To those, I inform that I accept cash.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#28309 Dec 9, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's certainly nice of you. I'm no longer a Christian, either, but I respect the beliefs of Christians who follow Christ's teachings. I respect any religion that promotes compassion, tolerance, nonjudgment and love.
I celebrate Christmas in the gift giving side, only, though.
Morning Nettie and your Pit Stop Crew. Our hearts are with you, Nettie.
Well, I "respect" my friends religions by never asking anything about their religion or even talking about religion. And I don't see any disrespect in not celebrating their religious observances that has nothing to do with me.

Besides that, my time on Topix has given me to contemplate on this Christmas issue. And found that it would be compromising my values/beliefs if I partake in a Christian holiday that I strongly do not believe in. The only exception would be wishing those here whom I know are Christian, a Merry Christmas. As it does not require taking an active part in their celebration.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#28310 Dec 9, 2012
My relatives and I are feeling bittersweet now.
We had a local priest come, three times now, to read scripture to mother and pray for her.
She looks straight at him and had a couple of tears fall from her eye and roll down her cheek. She was aware and obviously was appreciative. A wonderful moment for her and us too.
A grand lady.

“Make Dreams Come True”

Since: Nov 12

Meowza Christmastime

#28311 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
We had a local priest come, three times now, to read scripture to mother and pray for her.
She looks straight at him and had a couple of tears fall from her eye and roll down her cheek. She was aware and obviously was appreciative. A wonderful moment for her and us too.
A grand lady.
God bless you and your Mom Nettie. Much love!

>^o^<

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#28312 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
Mother is still with us.
xoxo
That's great news, Nettie!

#28313 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
A grand lady.
Remember to live and breath for the moment.......stay strong and know you have friends who have you in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#28314 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
A grand lady.
Bitter sweet. Hope you are staying strong...

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#28315 Dec 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
A grand lady.
Thoughts and prayers go up for you Nettie and your family.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#28316 Dec 9, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're saying, I'm so loveable that people have an overwhelming urge to give me gifts to show their appreciation of my love-ability.
To those, I inform that I accept cash.
Yes you are so loveable! So it's ok to say "and a Happy New Year to you"?
Now where would you like me to send the check?

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#28317 Dec 10, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I "respect" my friends religions by never asking anything about their religion or even talking about religion. And I don't see any disrespect in not celebrating their religious observances that has nothing to do with me.
Besides that, my time on Topix has given me to contemplate on this Christmas issue. And found that it would be compromising my values/beliefs if I partake in a Christian holiday that I strongly do not believe in. The only exception would be wishing those here whom I know are Christian, a Merry Christmas. As it does not require taking an active part in their celebration.
That's a really cool gift to give your friends...respect. Not enough of it in the world for my taste.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#28318 Dec 10, 2012
Good Morning NEttie and the Pit Stop Crew.

Nettie, I hope you have another good day with your mom and family.

And I hope everyone on here enjoys the time they spend on the internet and in their lives in the "real" world.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#28320 Dec 10, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
A grand lady.
Hi Nettiebelle,

I've been kind of busy and have missed you. I'm sure there is all kind of comorting scripture, especially in this season in which we look forward to the coming of the Lord. Your priest no doubt has these at his fingertips but I'll think about that and leave the decisions to the professionals. I hope you've taken advantage of your priest's visits to participate in the sacrament of reconciliation. I still call it confession. Whatever you call it, it sure does bring peace of mind.

I pray for you and your mom and think about you a lot.

God bless you.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#28321 Dec 10, 2012
Good morning everybody! Hope everybody is doing well.

Hi Nettie! I’m sending you and your mom good vibes. You’re both in my thoughts. I went through the same thing with my dad a few years ago, as what you are going through with your mom, during the holiday season. Take care of yourself too, Nettie.{{{HUGS}}}

#28323 Dec 10, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Please send it to:
The Wackjob Fundie Rehabilitation Fund
Current projects are:
Wayneepoo/Sola
Preacherliar
Allen B*tchers
Job/Jeff
NOTAY
NDingler
Romans Toad
I Can't See Jesus
So please send what you can, God knows these poor souls need all the help they can get to maybe once again become relatively safe members of society.
You know.....you're going to need a lot of money for this project, right?

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#28324 Dec 10, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Please send it to:
The Wackjob Fundie Rehabilitation Fund
Current projects are:
Wayneepoo/Sola
Preacherliar
Allen B*tchers
Job/Jeff
NOTAY
NDingler
Romans Toad
I Can't See Jesus
So please send what you can, God knows these poor souls need all the help they can get to maybe once again become relatively safe members of society.
OK the check is in the mail!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
it's unreal what's going on here in the states ... 19 min Taranis 5
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 28 min Taranis 465
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 53 min Taranis 129
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 1 hr Taranis 2,451
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Taranis 1,637
George Washington and the duty of prayer 1 hr blacklagoon 5
Get the Chip at your employer 1 hr Taranis 10
the pauline paradox 2 hr stephgw64 71
More from around the web