What if there REALLY is a Hell?

“"Matt. 4:4"”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Jan 15, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
Luke 16:23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments.
Luke 16:24 ...for I am tormented in this flame.
I'm referring to a literal hell. Not the grave or a garbage dump.
Parable

par·a·ble noun \ˈpa-rə-b əl\
Definition of PARABLE
: example; specifically : a usually short fictitious story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle

“Have I offended you? ”

Since: Jan 11

My heart bleeds..NOT

#22 Jan 15, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. If there is indeed a Hell, how would you feel if you were there?
Hot?
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#23 Jan 15, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) I don't think Hell is RUN by a demon. Hell was created for the devil and his angels. It is his place of punishment. He is not there as some sort of evil supervisor.
2.)Hell is thrown into the Lake of Fire. But, according to Revelation the punishment there will be eternal.
3.)Point taken. Nobody likes a pest.
4.)What you say is true. Some things that happen to us in this life they we deem "bad" actually turn out to be good for us in the long run. Sometimes things we perceive as "good" turn out not to be so.
1. I was merely being dramatic, and lets face it MANY xtians do believe hell is a place run by Satan.

2. I seem to recall that at the end of the 1000 years of "heaven on earth" your god will destroy hell...make it end. I cant give you the quotes as I dont have that skill of memorization like some do.

I refer you to this quick read - as this is basically what I learned many moons ago on my quest for the truth of my former faith.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/EternalPuni...

3.-

4. Right! So how can you, an Outsider in my/others life, know anything of what looks bad but might be good, and what looks good but might be bad...?

You made my point for me. Thats why You cant make moral decisions for others, cant enforce your news or warnings on others. Thats what I and other atheists, and skeptics and those of other faiths have been saying over and over...
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#24 Jan 15, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) I don't think Hell is RUN by a demon. Hell was created for the devil and his angels. It is his place of punishment. He is not there as some sort of evil supervisor.
2.)Hell is thrown into the Lake of Fire. But, according to Revelation the punishment there will be eternal.
3.)Point taken. Nobody likes a pest.
4.)What you say is true. Some things that happen to us in this life they we deem "bad" actually turn out to be good for us in the long run. Sometimes things we perceive as "good" turn out not to be so.
1 and 2. interesting that you seem to be very literal in these two - but totally and inexplicably think you will "wake-up" in Hell and look around and feel regret, etc...its a sort of anthropomorphizing of the whole thing...while trying to be literal...typical of xtians to mix things up so much.

You've basically willingly stuck yourself in the spot between the rock and the hard place...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#25 Jan 15, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
If the Biblical account of Hell is real and you go there, how would you feel? Would you be angry at all the Christians who didn't try hard enough to help you accept Christ? Or would you be angry at yourself? Angry at God?
How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and you were a tuna fish?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#26 Jan 15, 2011
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Such a place would truly suck, but I dont think/believe its real...but refer back to my other post as to how I might react.(and lets focus on the word MIGHT, as I have no idea how I, anyone reacts if at all, in death)
I think that the literary license taken in Revelation is exactly that...not a description of anything real. And besides Revelation was directed at the events and conditions of the time it was written. It was talking of current events, of that time.
Thats how I read that book. And why I agree with those earliest of Xtians assigned to create the bible canon, it shouldnt have been included, as it was truly a book that could not be seen as divine or inspired or further the teachings of Jesus. But we do know it was included in a compromise...and since then has been abused and misread and interpreted...too much focus has been put on it to the expense of the others.
Its been used like a concealed weapon for too long. A Xtian is all smiles and happy good news preaching, than when the message is resisted out comes the club of Revelation to batter and beat the resistant into submission or fear.
Yes, it would indeed suck.

And we can't force anyone to become a Christian. That would do no good. We can only hope.

“Have I offended you? ”

My heart bleeds..NOT

#27 Jan 15, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
<quoted text>
And we can't force anyone to become a Christian..

Which is why Christianity introduced the concept of 'hell'.

“Jesus is Lord”

Location hidden

#28 Jan 15, 2011
DemonSeed wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage of those born again and hoping for a place in your imaginary celestial retirement home are criminals - ie rapists, murderers, pedophiles, druggies and other assorted low-lives?
<quoted text>
I guess it's a lot easier for you to do this since you believe both these places exist whereas I don't.
<quoted text>
It's impossible for a person to predict the thoughts of another based on their own world view, especially if those world views are diametrically opposed.
<quoted text>
What would you use to feel with? Where exactly would these emotions take place?
There will be zero criminals, rapists, murders, pedophiles, druggies, or lowlifes in Heaven.
I Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#29 Jan 15, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
If the Biblical account of Hell is real and you go there, how would you feel? Would you be angry at all the Christians who didn't try hard enough to help you accept Christ? Or would you be angry at yourself? Angry at God?
An even bigger question is what if you were old and didn't have any teeth when you died?

Would you get off on a technicality because you didn't have any teeth to gnash, or would they supply some false teeth for you to gnash. Now you could say they would go to hell anyway, but that's not what your book of lies says not does it? It clearly stated EVERYBODY will be gnashing their teeth. So if they were sent to hell anyway, they would just be sliding their gum's back and forth which isn't at all what your book of lies states now does it? It doesn't say anything about there being lots of gum squishing, not one word on that. So what's the deal here, will those sinners without teeth get a free pass into Heaven?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#30 Jan 15, 2011
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and you were a tuna fish?
Hmm... It depends, inside our outside of a can?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#31 Jan 15, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you feel more comfortable in a can?
Thinking

Tenterden, UK

#32 Jan 15, 2011
I think it is just as likely that hell is a genuine paradise, promoted by satan just to antagonise god, who was operating heaven as a monopoly in a clear breach of fair trade rules.
Bella1958 wrote:

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33 Jan 15, 2011
Thinking wrote:
I think it is just as likely that hell is a genuine paradise, promoted by satan just to antagonise god, who was operating heaven as a monopoly in a clear breach of fair trade rules.
<quoted text>
I have it on good authority that the beer in hell is maintained at a constant 42 degrees Fahrenheit. Needless to say, it is all imported.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#35 Jan 15, 2011
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you feel more comfortable in a can?
That was the whole point, to be inside of a can, one would have to be DEAD, which is NOT good.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#36 Jan 15, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah crap, I've been hanging around the fundies too long and their bad grammar is rubbing off on me.

our = or

Geez...

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#37 Jan 16, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be zero criminals, rapists, murders, pedophiles, druggies, or lowlifes in Heaven.
I Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
You mean to say that you were all these things before you became a fundie? No wonder the thought of this hell place scares you!

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#38 Jan 16, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is the case why are there prison chaplains?

Did you miss where I mentioned 'born again' in my previous comments at Post 20 ?

"What percentage of those born again and hoping for a place in your imaginary celestial retirement home are criminals - ie rapists, murderers, pedophiles, druggies and other assorted low-lives?"

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#39 Jan 16, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the whole point, to be inside of a can, one would have to be DEAD, which is NOT good.
Agreed. I'd much rather be a live tuna fish than a dead fundie.

“Jesus is Lord”

Location hidden

#40 Jan 16, 2011
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is the case why are there prison chaplains?
Did you miss where I mentioned 'born again' in my previous comments at Post 20 ?
"What percentage of those born again and hoping for a place in your imaginary celestial retirement home are criminals - ie rapists, murderers, pedophiles, druggies and other assorted low-lives?"
It is called repentance. To change. To turn in the opposite direction. Not to do those things any longer. Stop. If you are a liar, stop lying. If you commit adultery, stop. Do you REALLY believe God is going to accept someone who says "I'm a Christian" but up to the very minute of their death is committing adultery, raping, abusing drugs ect? Think again.
PROV1X81

Jeffersonville, IN

#41 Jan 16, 2011
Bella1958 wrote:
Luke 16:23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments.
Luke 16:24 ...for I am tormented in this flame.
I'm referring to a literal hell. Not the grave or a garbage dump.
imagining what hell is like doesn't make real,luke never left his mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 6 min Barmsweb 1,318
Intelligent People Question Everything 10 min Big Al 871
Why did Christ come to Earth? 15 min Barmsweb 706
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? (Jan '16) 33 min Taranis 433
Just A Talk With You Christians. 3 hr blessed 482
Bible Interpretation 4 hr blessed 1,581
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 6 hr MICHA 3,312
More from around the web