Anybody interested in sharing a favor...

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#121 Nov 3, 2013
Jesus: "Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your mind and with ALL your strength.

The second is this:‘Love your neighbor AS yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Mark 12:30-31

“God is Love”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#122 Nov 3, 2013
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#123 Nov 3, 2013
Favourite verse? Never mind a verse, what about the whole book of Joshua? For those into wholesale slaughter and carnage it has all the ingredients, a great read. Highly recommended!
Ben

United States

#124 Nov 4, 2013
Joshua 24:15
15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”
Ben

United States

#125 Nov 4, 2013
Joshua 1:9
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Somewhere in Ireland

#126 Nov 4, 2013
Joshua 6:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

Somewhere in Ireland

#127 Nov 4, 2013
Joshua 8:22-25
King James Version (KJV)
22 And the other issued out of the city against them; so they were in the midst of Israel, some on this side, and some on that side: and they smote them, so that they let none of them remain or escape.

23 And the king of Ai they took alive, and brought him to Joshua.

24 And it came to pass, when Israel had made an end of slaying all the inhabitants of Ai in the field, in the wilderness wherein they chased them, and when they were all fallen on the edge of the sword, until they were consumed, that all the Israelites returned unto Ai, and smote it with the edge of the sword.

25 And so it was, that all that fell that day, both of men and women, were twelve thousand, even all the men of Ai.

Somewhere in Ireland

#128 Nov 4, 2013
Joshua 10:40
King James Version (KJV)
40 So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel commanded.

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#129 Nov 4, 2013
Psalm 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

#130 Nov 4, 2013
"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed."

Psalm 34:18

Somewhere in Ireland

#131 Nov 4, 2013
What a wealth of information the bible is. These two verses even tell you how to treat your slaves!
Exodus 21:20-21
King James Version (KJV)
20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

The moral here is to only beat your slaves to within an inch of their life, otherwise you would be in big trouble!
Ben

United States

#132 Nov 5, 2013
par five wrote:
What a wealth of information the bible is. These two verses even tell you how to treat your slaves!
Exodus 21:20-21
King James Version (KJV)
20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.
The moral here is to only beat your slaves to within an inch of their life, otherwise you would be in big trouble!
you better be careful par five. If you keep reading and quoting scriptures you going to end up getting saved. By the way, are you into golf or are you just using the name for fun?
Ben

United States

#133 Nov 5, 2013
>you're

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#134 Nov 5, 2013
2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

#135 Nov 5, 2013
"For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And He gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

...So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead,“Come back to God!” 21For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,e so that we could be made right with God through Christ."

2 Corinthians 5:19-20

Somewhere in Ireland

#136 Nov 6, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>you better be careful par five. If you keep reading and quoting scriptures you going to end up getting saved. By the way, are you into golf or are you just using the name for fun?
Ah, but reading the bible has already saved me. Saved me from having anything to do with a deity that is recorded as having committed so many atrocities, and yet claims to be loving. I am an atheist anyway, so belief in the biblical god was a non starter, the bible just helps me see why I am an atheist. As for the golf, I am a keen golfer. Being retired a few years, I have plenty of time to play, although as I am not getting any younger, my handicap over the past couple of years has varied between 11 and 13, presently 13, and looking like I am going to gain at least another shot. But as long as I have the health to hit that little white ball, then hit it I shall!

Somewhere in Ireland

#137 Nov 6, 2013
For those who give negative icons to my last post, is it because you don't think that the biblical god is recorded as having committed mass slaughter, or is it that you just don't like golf?

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#138 Nov 6, 2013
par five wrote:
For those who give negative icons to my last post, is it because you don't think that the biblical god is recorded as having committed mass slaughter, or is it that you just don't like golf?
Golf is pretty boring lol!

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#139 Nov 6, 2013
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#140 Nov 6, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Matthew 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2nd Cor 12: 16 42 min Big Al 3
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 50 min Jesus is 5,962
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 3 hr Barnsweb 361
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 4 hr 15th Dalai Lama 2,464
PAUL OUR FATHER . 1Cor 4: 15 (Feb '16) 6 hr I love jesus 127
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 6 hr I love jesus 20,566
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 7 hr I love jesus 1,097
The Moral Failure Of Christians 8 hr I love jesus 43
More from around the web