First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#1 Oct 11, 2013
John 1:18
Darby Translation (DARBY)
18 No one has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father,*he* hath declared [him].

How can Jesus be God many people saw Jesus.
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Oct 12, 2013
The better question is, did Jesus forget that Moses asked to see God?
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#3 Oct 12, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
The better question is, did Jesus forget that Moses asked to see God?
Did Moses Get to see God?

Exodus 33:20-23
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for Man shall not see me, and live.
21 And Jehovah said, Behold,[there is] a place by me: there shalt thou stand on the rock.
22 And it shall come to pass, when my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand, until I have passed by.
23 And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see me from behind; but my face shall not be seen.
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Oct 12, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Moses Get to see God?
Exodus 33:20-23
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for Man shall not see me, and live.
21 And Jehovah said, Behold,[there is] a place by me: there shalt thou stand on the rock.
22 And it shall come to pass, when my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand, until I have passed by.
23 And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see me from behind; but my face shall not be seen.
To answer your question, yes Moses did see God. I mean thats what it says right?

"Thou shalt see me (God Almighty, the God of Abraham) from behind..."

Pay attention to part "thou (Moses) shalt see me" part. That verse (which I was mistaken, Jesus did not say himself) does not say anything about seeing God's face but seeing God period at ANYTIME. According to the verse you brought to the table, that is a lie.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#5 Oct 12, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question, yes Moses did see God. I mean thats what it says right?
"Thou shalt see me (God Almighty, the God of Abraham) from behind..."
Pay attention to part "thou (Moses) shalt see me" part. That verse (which I was mistaken, Jesus did not say himself) does not say anything about seeing God's face but seeing God period at ANYTIME. According to the verse you brought to the table, that is a lie.
no one has saw God face to face.
Flygerian

United States

#6 Oct 12, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
no one has saw God face to face.
John 1:18 doesn't say that no one has seen God face to face does it?

“God bless you (o: welcome (o:”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 12, 2013
Among other things, it means that seeing Jesus' body while He walked on this earth was not the same as seeing Him. Because He was, spiritually, deeper than His body which humans could see.

But Jesus has said, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father," in John 14:9.

But how well we can see is an issue (c: Our character has a lot to do with what we can see and how we see things. "If we are self-justifying, we can only see words to use for arguing ourselves right; but if we have love's nature, we see how how we can become loving."

How we can see God, by seeing Jesus, is not what 1 John 1:18 means.

It would be interesting if someone could explain what it really means, instead of only using words for arguing while not experiencing how we can benefit from God's word.

By loving with God, we see how He is > by seeing ... discovering ... how He has us loving. By seeing how Jesus was loving us, on the cross, we can see how our Father is compassionate for us, even while we were so wrong.

But have we with our natural (physical) eyes ever seen God who is invisible?

No natural man with his physical eyes has seen God, but spiritually we can see and know Him, by loving the way He in us has us loving. "It's kind of like finding out how someone is, by keeping company with that person."

We have Romans 5:5 > "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." So, our Father is so personal with His own children, that He shares with us His own love, right "in our hearts"!!! And this is how we see how He is, by how His love in us effects us and has us become gentle and humble (Matthew 11:28-30) like Jesus.

And in His own love is His personal leading coming from His own love in us.

His love is all-loving. He is not conceited, picking and choosing who is good enough for Him to love (Matthew 5:46). Jesus is humble, who so suffered like He did and died for any and all people > 1 John 2:2. So Jesus is not conceited. You can "see" this ... see who Jesus is ... through the scriptures. So, we are humble like God, by loving any and all people > even though ones do refuse Him and us and can't stand loving like Jesus desires.

But Jesus still wants people who refuse Him; He says, "'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'" (Matthew 11:28-30)

So, God bless you (c: Bill
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#9 Oct 12, 2013
Hardie-Har-Har wrote:
<quoted text>
Harr!... Once again, Johnny, we are treated to incontrovertible proof that your bible doth speaketh with a lying forked tongue!!
One fork says "god has NEVER been seen by human eyes",(John 1),
whereas, in total contradiction, probably at least a dozen scripts like the following, state exactly the opposite,... with god even wrestling/visiting and having pina coladas (lol) and lunch with humans:
Genesis 32:30
So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."
("I SAW GOD Face-to-Face!" ... Can it be said any plainer???)
Exodus 24:10, "and (they) saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank."
("THEY SAW GOD!" ... It's not like, "I taut I taw a Puddy Tat!")
Num 12:8 God said, "Face to face do I speak to him (Moses) openly, and not in riddles; and the form of Jehovah doth he behold."
(God, whispered an aside: "Of course, I wore a Halloween mask!")
HEY!!... And a Happy Halloween to you, too,... Dear John!!
Hardie-Har-Har!
ps:'tis strange,... but this is one of the rare times that I sorta have to agree with the closet muslim,... Mr. Flygerian!
If you really read the Bible you would know that Jacob saw an angel.

When they saw angels they said they saw God.

Numbers 12:8
8 Mouth to mouth do I speak to him openly, and not in riddles; and the form of Jehovah doth he behold. Why then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant, against Moses?

it does not say face to face.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#10 Oct 12, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1:18 doesn't say that no one has seen God face to face does it?
18 No one has seen God at any time...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Oct 12, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Oct 12, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I read this the first time. Heres what exodus says though lol

19 And the Lord said,“I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said,“you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said,“There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

So did Moses see God here or not? No I didnt ask about seeing His face but seeing God in general.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#14 Oct 14, 2013
Hardie-Har-Har wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, Johnny Boy,...
U R telling the forum folks that Moses saw god's-ass,...
BUT not his face; ...
And that seein' god's-ass is not as validating for seeing god ...
as seein' god's-face is.(???)... Is that about right?...
If U saw Marylyn Monroe's-ass,... but not her face,...
U'd lie and answer, "I never saw Marylyn!", if the judge asked?
----------
Judge Judy: "Now Johnny, remember U are under oath!...
Are U telling this Court that you never saw any part of Marylyn?"
Johnny: "Well now, Judge,... I did see Marylyn's-ass,...
But I didn't think that counted."
Judge Judy: "WHAT?... U don't think Marylyn Monroe's-ass is the same thing as seein' Marylyn Monroe?" ...
Johnny: "Well it's not her face, Judge,... it's-ass!" (all LOL)
Judge: "I didn't ask U if you ever saw Marylyn Monroe's FACE!"
Johnny: "I see!... I saw Marylyn Monroe's-ass,... YES I DID!... Indeed I did, Your Honor!... So,... since Marylyn's-ass is definitely a part of Marylyn (maybe the best part!),...
then ... YES!,... I DID SEE MARYLYN MONROE!" (ALL LOL)
Judge: "Thanx!... And when I see U I'm seeing an ass-too!...
(ALL LAUGH, and are held in contempt of the court!)
I'm leaving this Bench,... Trench!"
----------
So,... Again, we ask U Johnny Boy!,...
"Did Moses see God when Moses looked at God's-ass??.. Y-or-N?"
Hardie-Har-Har!
it sounds like you have mental issues

“God is Love”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15 Oct 14, 2013
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#16 Oct 14, 2013
Hardie-Har-Har wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, Johnny Boy,...
U R telling the forum folks that Moses saw god's-ass,...
BUT not his face; ...
And that seein' god's-ass is not as validating for seeing god ...
as seein' god's-face is.(???)... Is that about right?...
If U saw Marylyn Monroe's-ass,... but not her face,...
U'd lie and answer, "I never saw Marylyn!", if the judge asked?
----------
Judge Judy: "Now Johnny, remember U are under oath!...
Are U telling this Court that you never saw any part of Marylyn?"
Johnny: "Well now, Judge,... I did see Marylyn's-ass,...
But I didn't think that counted."
Judge Judy: "WHAT?... U don't think Marylyn Monroe's-ass is the same thing as seein' Marylyn Monroe?" ...
Johnny: "Well it's not her face, Judge,... it's-ass!" (all LOL)
Judge: "I didn't ask U if you ever saw Marylyn Monroe's FACE!"
Johnny: "I see!... I saw Marylyn Monroe's-ass,... YES I DID!... Indeed I did, Your Honor!... So,... since Marylyn's-ass is definitely a part of Marylyn (maybe the best part!),...
then ... YES!,... I DID SEE MARYLYN MONROE!" (ALL LOL)
Judge: "Thanx!... And when I see U I'm seeing an ass-too!...
(ALL LAUGH, and are held in contempt of the court!)
I'm leaving this Bench,... Trench!"
----------
So,... Again, we ask U Johnny Boy!,...
"Did Moses see God when Moses looked at God's-ass??.. Y-or-N?"
Hardie-Har-Har!
nit-pick

Since: Oct 07

Alford, UK

#17 Oct 14, 2013
Genesis 32:30
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Since: Oct 07

Alford, UK

#18 Oct 14, 2013
John 14:7
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#19 Oct 14, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
John 14:7
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jesus was the Image of God.

Colossians 1:15
15 who is image of the invisible God...
Smell the Coffee

Akron, OH

#20 Oct 14, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I read this the first time. Heres what exodus says though lol
19 And the Lord said,“I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said,“you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
21 Then the Lord said,“There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”
So did Moses see God here or not? No I didnt ask about seeing His face but seeing God in general.
There's the "The Book of Enoch" and Enoch walked and talked with God.

http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/ethiopian...
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Oct 14, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was the Image of God.
Colossians 1:15
15 who is image of the invisible God...
So was Adam
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#22 Oct 14, 2013
Smell the Coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the "The Book of Enoch" and Enoch walked and talked with God.
http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/ethiopian...
While I myself enjoyed reading what I did from the book of Enoch, and while I believe Enoch was more special (as a human) than the sentence or two he had in the bible, the book of Enoch seems to be compiled over time and not written by Enoch himself. Does that make it authentic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TheLordsAnointed vs THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE 1 hr Emmeline 11
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr loveismygoal 5,075
I'm a white girl who hates white men. 2 hr Emmeline 78
Atheism in a nutshell. (Sep '14) 2 hr Emmeline 75
Is Obesity a Sin or Curse from God? 2 hr Emmeline 81
WHY GOD does HATE HOMOSEXUALS and LESBIANS????? (Dec '13) 3 hr Emmeline 334
THE BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST 3 hr Emmeline 28
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 3 hr KAB 962
Why do you really believe in a god? 4 hr Allen Richards 326
I RULE OVER the spirits on EARTH 4 hr anonymous 30