There are a lotta nuts on here

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#14311 Feb 28, 2013
Keys to Forgiveness

Let Go Of The Anger – Holding on to the anger that may be associated with an incident or experience that causes us hurt, can lead to hate, and perhaps a lingering desire for retaliation or revenge. This is destructive and causes an emotional drain on us even if we don’t realize it.

Chronic anger is an ongoing feeling of resentment toward others.

Volatile anger is explosive but comes and goes.

Judgmental anger comes across in hypercritical statements.

Passive anger is suppressed anger that is expressed indirectly

Overwhelmed anger arises when people believe they cannot handle the complexity of their circumstances.

Retaliatory anger is specifically directed at another person or persons.

Don’t Be Stubborn - For some reason, it seems to be a lot easier to hold on to the anger and hurt feelings associated with an injustice, and we can become comfortable with the feeling of retribution because we somehow want to punish the person that hurt us. After all, why should we be willing to forgive someone when what that person did or said was not our fault? We feel justified in our anger with the other person, so we feel that we have every right to be stubborn and locked into the position we are taking.

Don’t get stuck on your position for the mere sake of maintaining a position. Be willing to compromise in order to move forward. Stubbornness, like anger keeps us from moving beyond hurt feelings, and it also perpetuates a strained relationship.

Stop Thinking Of Yourself As A Victim – Generally, if we are angry with someone, it is because we feel that they have committed a serious wrong against us. Whether this feeling is real or perceived, we still feel that an injustice has been done, and that we have been treated unfairly. We can’t help but feel sorry for ourselves to some degree, and we expect others to feel sorry for us as well. This is perhaps the classic “victim mentality” which is easy to fall into when we feel an injustice has been done.

While this mentality may be soothing for a short period of time, unfortunately it keeps us from moving beyond the hurt that we feel. We remain caught-up in a state-of-mind that makes us hostile, cranky, untrusting and keeps us “looking over our shoulder” for fear that someone else may come along to hurt us.

Focus On The Future - Usually what has been done cannot be undone and dwelling on the past only perpetuates the hurt feelings that resulted from what caused the problem in the first place. Continually bringing up sore points or issues of the past will only make the rift larger.

Some time ago, I received one of those many email messages from someone who had too much time on their hands and sends email to everyone they know, usually all of their family and friends. Most of the time, I will just delete them after glancing at it just enough to get the gist of what it is about.

Examine Your Heart –[This is one of the hardest]-Look within yourself to see if you are contributing to situations that you may later regret and will need to seek forgiveness. Is your behavior or off-handed comments contributing to a strained relationship? Think before you speak. While we have a constitutional right to the freedom of speech, we do not have an “inalienable right” to say what ever we want, any time we want, particularly if it may be hurtful. Would you be willing to forgive someone for the same offense you committed against someone else?– And would you expect the person offended to forgive you? The concept here is to be honest with yourself in considering your own behavior and whether it contributes to strained or hurtful relationships.

#14312 Feb 28, 2013
There are a number of every day values that we can follow to examine our hearts and take this inward look. These are not new to us, but we can use occasional reminders. While there are many more, here are 10 of those values to consider:

· Be tolerant of others

· Treat others like you want to be treated

· Be polite with your interactions

· Treat others with respect at all times

· Avoid criticizing others

· Don’t jump to conclusions

· Give others the benefit of the doubt as a
matter of routine

· Be willing to overlook minor offenses

· Have a positive attitude

· Be willing to apologize

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14313 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Not really
How can I heal when people like you continue to come in and post my mothers obituary? YOU are why I have not been able to heal. IAS will never heal till she makes things right.
<quoted text>
Stop bringing that crap up! IAS is just fine, as long as YOU stop making threats towards her. She does not have the problem YOU DO. Day after day you dredge this crap up from the bottom of the river. WHY?????
not really

Union, NJ

#14314 Feb 28, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
Keys to Forgiveness
Let Go Of The Anger – Holding on to the anger that may be associated with an incident or experience that causes us hurt, can lead to hate, and perhaps a lingering desire for retaliation or revenge. This is destructive and causes an emotional drain on us even if we don’t realize it.
Chronic anger is an ongoing feeling of resentment toward others.
Volatile anger is explosive but comes and goes.
Judgmental anger comes across in hypercritical statements.
Passive anger is suppressed anger that is expressed indirectly
Overwhelmed anger arises when people believe they cannot handle the complexity of their circumstances.
Retaliatory anger is specifically directed at another person or persons.
Don’t Be Stubborn - For some reason, it seems to be a lot easier to hold on to the anger and hurt feelings associated with an injustice, and we can become comfortable with the feeling of retribution because we somehow want to punish the person that hurt us. After all, why should we be willing to forgive someone when what that person did or said was not our fault? We feel justified in our anger with the other person, so we feel that we have every right to be stubborn and locked into the position we are taking.
Don’t get stuck on your position for the mere sake of maintaining a position. Be willing to compromise in order to move forward. Stubbornness, like anger keeps us from moving beyond hurt feelings, and it also perpetuates a strained relationship.
Stop Thinking Of Yourself As A Victim – Generally, if we are angry with someone, it is because we feel that they have committed a serious wrong against us. Whether this feeling is real or perceived, we still feel that an injustice has been done, and that we have been treated unfairly. We can’t help but feel sorry for ourselves to some degree, and we expect others to feel sorry for us as well. This is perhaps the classic “victim mentality” which is easy to fall into when we feel an injustice has been done.
While this mentality may be soothing for a short period of time, unfortunately it keeps us from moving beyond the hurt that we feel. We remain caught-up in a state-of-mind that makes us hostile, cranky, untrusting and keeps us “looking over our shoulder” for fear that someone else may come along to hurt us.
Focus On The Future - Usually what has been done cannot be undone and dwelling on the past only perpetuates the hurt feelings that resulted from what caused the problem in the first place. Continually bringing up sore points or issues of the past will only make the rift larger.
Some time ago, I received one of those many email messages from someone who had too much time on their hands and sends email to everyone they know, usually all of their family and friends. Most of the time, I will just delete them after glancing at it just enough to get the gist of what it is about.
Examine Your Heart –[This is one of the hardest]-Look within yourself to see if you are contributing to situations that you may later regret and will need to seek forgiveness. Is your behavior or off-handed comments contributing to a strained relationship? Think before you speak. While we have a constitutional right to the freedom of speech, we do not have an “inalienable right” to say what ever we want, any time we want, particularly if it may be hurtful. Would you be willing to forgive someone for the same offense you committed against someone else?– And would you expect the person offended to forgive you? The concept here is to be honest with yourself in considering your own behavior and whether it contributes to strained or hurtful relationships.
Which exemplifies you. You cause your fair share of damage on these threads.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#14315 Feb 28, 2013
Jay
IT IS bullying when you call names and your reported for cursing at me.
Who you to tell anyone to log off you are not the owner of topix.
Like I said call me names and curse at me you will b reported.

have a nice day
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and one more tidbit of information. Just because someone disagrees with you does not MEAN that they are bulling you. This is a public forum, you may not like what others say. If that's the case log the fluck off.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#14316 Feb 28, 2013
not really
She does have to make it right or she will not enter heaven with UN FORGIVENESS. She started this and the truth will come out. I DO NOT TELL her to put the obituary up. Just like you can put info out on me I CAN DO THE same...
Have A nice day

not really wrote:
<quoted text>Do not even point that pudgy finger my way hypocrite. You have not made an attempt to heal in ALL THESE YEARS. Don't try to play me you ain't that good. She has nothing to make right and she is doing fine. You afe the mess and it's all your fault AND YOU ENABILITY TO LET GO. Facts are facts it's all on you.

#14317 Feb 28, 2013
not really wrote:
<quoted text>Which exemplifies you. You cause your fair share of damage on these threads.
You must be starving for attention. How may I help you achieve the attention you seek?
not really

Union, NJ

#14318 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
not really
She does have to make it right or she will not enter heaven with UN FORGIVENESS. She started this and the truth will come out. I DO NOT TELL her to put the obituary up. Just like you can put info out on me I CAN DO THE same...
Have A nice day
<quoted text>
Thats on her, none of your concern, I do believe you are not heaven gatekeeper. The truth has come out, you lose you are the petty whinner dragging this out. Beat Servent up all you , Report her all you want, do anything you can to Servent You still are the one in the wrong. You just don't understand, she is the victim here, not you. She is the one to suffer, not you, She has shown great restraint in all this, not you. She has reason to seek police protection, not you. LEAVE IT ALONE

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#14319 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
not really
Have A nice day
<quoted text>
Stupid, read what you posted. UN FORGIVENESS.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#14320 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Jay
IT IS bullying when you call names and your reported for cursing at me.
Who you to tell anyone to log off you are not the owner of topix.
Like I said call me names and curse at me you will b reported.
have a nice day
<quoted text>
If what others say, or post upsets you to the point of anxiety, hate, and, or posting long winded rants. Topix is not the place for you. People are people, sometimes things get said that hurt your feelings. That being said if you can not get past it, you're thin skinned and should refrain form posting on Topix. This is not a love in. Understand?
not really

Union, NJ

#14323 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>If what others say, or post upsets you to the point of anxiety, hate, and, or posting long winded rants. Topix is not the place for you. People are people, sometimes things get said that hurt your feelings. That being said if you can not get past it, you're thin skinned and should refrain form posting on Topix. This is not a love in. Understand?
She just does not get it. She does more harm to herself and making herself look bad than we do. She is not a victim, she is a bully. All the conditions rest on how others must behave, not on her behavior. She has been told for years she does not have the mental capabilities to be on a open public forum, Especially when she tells ALL HER PERSONEL business. And she is worse in her e-mail posts. I have read some of the horrid names she has called Servent and the threats to her. Servent is the one done wrong, not Native.

#14325 Feb 28, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>OMG...
I could careless what you think because it is obvious you have one intent and that is to keep this going as long as you can.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#14326 Feb 28, 2013
Jay
I have the post where DOC mentions the lawsuit FIRST so know it was NOT my idea. IAS AND YOU AND THE REST defamed yourself when you posted the obituary. Now I am left with no other choice but to make a website of my own and let people see ALL her post to prove who actually kept this going. The lies of the barn incident, the sexual offenders, posting to people how to come and find me in the threads to bully me even when I was not bothering her. Posting the Obituary all these post are saved and will be added to my website to bring the truth out. YOU never tried to help me you were one who posted the obituary. It is YOU PEOPLE who bring this up every time I disagree with you. YOU use my mothers obituary against me. See this is what I been saying JAY you repeat lies. I told you I WAS A CHILD not an adult when that encounter happened but you sit here and lie and say it was a woman encounter when in fact I was 10 and u be lying and these are the lies that I will expose. NO you and your bully friends use my abuse against me just like you just did.
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What We Do
Topix is a forum to discover and discuss what you want about the people, places and things that matter to you.
We provide news and discussion forums for every city and town in the United States as well as hundreds of thousands of other topics.
We encourage the free exchange of views and opinions. Try to be interesting. It would be easier on all of us if you were polite. If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix.
Wrong you blamed Doc. You stuck him with all your BULL shat Law suit crap. YOU conspired with him to defame and humiliate NorCal, Nettie, IAS and many many others. Don't forget YOU sent me the flucking emails between you to.
Here is the Difference, I admitted what I have done in the past. You on the other hand blame everyone for YOUR problems. Flucking Denial is not a river in Egypt.
I told you how to stop this crap, Doc told you how, even Ken told you how to stop it. We told you to stop bringing this crap up every time someone disagrees with your stupid ass. You constantly fall back to your childhood abuse, your mothers picture, your sexual encounter with a woman. All as a way to deflect the conversation when someone is handing your azz to you on a platter.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#14327 Feb 28, 2013
not really,
you are the bully along with mrsmurphy and ias and jazy and troth. You are the ones every time I come on here you attack me for no reason and then use past things against me. You try and make me look like the bad person when in reality it is you and these others who bring up my abuse and mothers photo to use against me. The post prove it if people would take the time and go back and look at them. So unless I behave the way you want me to then you will bring up lies about me started by IAS and you proved that the other day.
That is funny cause I go onto yahoo and other chats and there are no issues just here. I am very capable of being in chat rooms. You and IAS are the ones spreading my personal business and lying about it the POST show this. IAS was not done wrong she is the instigator and for that she will be exposed ALL the post from her show she lied and made up things. In fact one post shows where she admitted she went and did a background check on me SO IF SHE DID THAT how could she know anything about a barn incident that she claims happened when in fact THERE WAS NEVER a barn incident.

be back later
not really wrote:
<quoted text>She just does not get it. She does more harm to herself and making herself look bad than we do. She is not a victim, she is a bully. All the conditions rest on how others must behave, not on her behavior. She has been told for years she does not have the mental capabilities to be on a open public forum, Especially when she tells ALL HER PERSONEL business. And she is worse in her e-mail posts. I have read some of the horrid names she has called Servent and the threats to her. Servent is the one done wrong, not Native.
Native from Pa

New Holland, PA

#14328 Feb 28, 2013
Nettie
How can I get along with you and the others YOU JUMP ME every time I come on line and do NOT even try to get along with me yet you expect me to.
Show me where I am calling anyone names in the last several months and cursing at people. No one wants to try you just want to blame me yet I HAVE 4 yrs of post proving it has been all of you jumping me every time I come in the forums. HOW ABOUT YOU and the others try once and maybe JUST MAYBE I will be nice back but as long as your attacking me and blaming me for everything then NO it will not work.
No matter what I post about it is wrong to you and the others you always find a way to blame me yet the post show that it is NOT all me. Now you lead by example!!!

B back later
bye
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>STOP acting like you can control other posters.
Native, where are your attempts to 'get along'?
You surely belittle and name call all by yourself.
You are NOT innocent here, so please stop trying to indicate that it is 'them', not 'you'.
If you want all this to stop, then, lead by example.
YOU go for it FIRST.
If you cannot, then just stop addressing this subject.
Post about other things.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#14329 Feb 28, 2013
Holy Crapola.....one can tell when the weekend is almost here with the rants.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#14330 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
not really
Have A nice day
<quoted text>
Native: "This is between IAS and I and NO ONE else ...."
A public forum is NOT an appropriate place for you to be discussing what is between YOU and IAS and NO ONE ELSE.

Chicago, IL

#14331 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Jay
I have the post where DOC mentions the lawsuit FIRST so know it was NOT my idea. IAS AND YOU AND THE REST defamed yourself when you posted the obituary. Now I am left with no other choice but to make a website of my own and let people see ALL her post to prove who actually kept this going. The lies of the barn incident, the sexual offenders, posting to people how to come and find me in the threads to bully me even when I was not bothering her. Posting the Obituary all these post are saved and will be added to my website to bring the truth out. YOU never tried to help me you were one who posted the obituary. It is YOU PEOPLE who bring this up every time I disagree with you. YOU use my mothers obituary against me. See this is what I been saying JAY you repeat lies. I told you I WAS A CHILD not an adult when that encounter happened but you sit here and lie and say it was a woman encounter when in fact I was 10 and u be lying and these are the lies that I will expose. NO you and your bully friends use my abuse against me just like you just did.
<quoted text>

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#14332 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop bringing that crap up! IAS is just fine, as long as YOU stop making threats towards her. She does not have the problem YOU DO. Day after day you dredge this crap up from the bottom of the river. WHY?????
IAS hasn't even been responding to Native's posts for awhile. It's Native who does not want to let it go. Native's fixation on IAS is a sickness.

Chicago, IL

#14333 Feb 28, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
not really,
you are the bully along with mrsmurphy and ias and jazy and troth. You are the ones every time I come on here you attack me for no reason and then use past things against me. You try and make me look like the bad person when in reality it is you and these others who bring up my abuse and mothers photo to use against me. The post prove it if people would take the time and go back and look at them. So unless I behave the way you want me to then you will bring up lies about me started by IAS and you proved that the other day.
That is funny cause I go onto yahoo and other chats and there are no issues just here. I am very capable of being in chat rooms. You and IAS are the ones spreading my personal business and lying about it the POST show this. IAS was not done wrong she is the instigator and for that she will be exposed ALL the post from her show she lied and made up things. In fact one post shows where she admitted she went and did a background check on me SO IF SHE DID THAT how could she know anything about a barn incident that she claims happened when in fact THERE WAS NEVER a barn incident.
be back later
<quoted text>

Did you mean "NO ONE ELSE" except everyone here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't Blame God! 7 hr dollarsbill 7
The Baptist Church (Jan '08) 7 hr dollarsbill 45
Hellmouth: Capitalism Deities Mon Abishai100 1
What Does God Hate? Mon True or False 1
The Color of People's Skin Mon True or False 1
MESSAGE FROM GOD to THE REPUBLICANS of USA (Nov '14) Mon True or False 13
was King David black? (Jan '14) Mon True or False 38
More from around the web